Why did Rex issue the gag order this week??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

Why did Rex issue the gag order this week??

Where have the trash talking Jets of last summer gone? Many members of the NY media feel like Rex issued a gag order on his players this week to spare the Pats any ammo in the form of bulletin board material. Why???

If i was a Jet i might think my Coach is scared......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: Why did Rex issue the gag order this week??

Same reason BB did on the Pats.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

In Response to Re: Why did Rex issue the gag order this week??:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why did Rex issue the gag order this week?? : And that makes you pretty dumb.  That was what we call sarcasm.  Not only has Rex' confidence and connected verbosenss not hurt the team.  It has had zero effect on any other team to gain this mythical edge you all seem so keen on.  I've said it 100 times and I'll say it again.  If your NFL team depends upon a rivals words to play as well as they can, that is downright pathetic.  And if a coach cannot get the most out of his players without posting an article from Boston.com that says, "this guy thinks he's better than you" that is just as sad.  This is not high school, kids.  you can either get it done or you can't.  Stop crying about another team voicing it's goal of winning the superbowl.
    Posted by PhatRex[/QUOTE]

is that why he begged fans last year to come to the stadium and be loud with a personal message...

no he has toned it down... because he is a fraud....again  like you!  who is dumb?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]Same reason BB did on the Pats.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

BB and the Pats have always been tight lipped so where are you getting this?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Why did Rex issue the gag order this week?? : Maybe FatBoy is getting antsy now that it's Week 12 and he has said A LOT-no, he's said TOO MUCH. He knows you guys aren't the Bengals or the Lions, it's in NE and it's getting near "put up" time. Never thought I'd say it but GO PATS!!
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

Rex loves the attention he gets from the press and the press loves him for giving them plenty of material to print and broadcast that they don't have to do any hard work for. It's a perfect symbionic relationship.

Only problem is they don't give out Lombardi trophies for it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why did Rex issue the gag order this week?? : And that makes you pretty dumb.  That was what we call sarcasm.  Not only has Rex' confidence and connected verbosenss not hurt the team.  It has had zero effect on any other team to gain this mythical edge you all seem so keen on.  I've said it 100 times and I'll say it again.  If your NFL team depends upon a rivals words to play as well as they can, that is downright pathetic.  And if a coach cannot get the most out of his players without posting an article from Boston.com that says, "this guy thinks he's better than you" that is just as sad.  This is not high school, kids.  you can either get it done or you can't.  Stop crying about another team voicing it's goal of winning the superbowl.

It's pathetic?  You clearly never played sports.

Steve DeOssie just said on NFL radio that there is no question the players in the NE locker room are talking about Rex and his cocky and arrogant, extra vocal players.

When you lose some weight, fatty, maybe you can try to play a sport someday.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]Rex has learned from experience that all those words have hurt his team.  Look no further than the last patsiy/Jets game where BB was able to take all that verboseness and turn it into 14 points and a 14 point loss.  As well as Rex had done in in rookie year as HC, he is just getting better and better.

Really?  So that's why he said this?

“I just told the truth,’’ Ryan said. “I came here to win. As much as I respect and admire Bill Belichick, I came here to kick his a**, and that’s the truth. That’s just the way it is.’’

Don't you get it, PhatRex?  Ryan doesn't think the game is about the game, he thinks it's a competition with another coach.  And for the record, there's a lot of smack talk coming.  Rex only banned it so that he could be the first to try to bait Belichek.

Didn't work.  Unfortunately, the Jets are still going to have to play this game.  This isn't the first time an NFL coach has let his mouth write a check that his team's a** can't cash.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from r23. Show r23's posts

Most of the time when you have two good teams playing each other it comes down to who wants it more. Thats why you don't provide any extra motivation for the other team by flappin your lips before the game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why did Rex issue the gag order this week?? : BB and the Pats have always been tight lipped so where are you getting this?
    Posted by Evil2010[/QUOTE]

Reported in the NY Post.

Evil - I have no reason to make sh*t up just to be heard here like many others might.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

[QUOTE]Rex has learned from experience that all those words have hurt his team.  Look no further than the last patsiy/Jets game where BB was able to take all that verboseness and turn it into 14 points and a 14 point loss.  As well as Rex had done in in rookie year as HC, he is just getting better and better.
    And how did the 2nd game go for you last year?  The same as this year will go.  a Spanking!
    You know the Pats are so much better now.  And the Jets are looking so vulnerable. Barely beating 4 teams with 11 wins total.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

Then why has the non achiever...really..what has he won?  now giving verbal BJ's to BB?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

You know what?  All you Phat Rex blowhards know nothing. One tram will win this game, but it means nothing because they still have to continue winning and win the Super Bowl. Get over it!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

He's gagging them now so they're used to the feeling when they start choking on Monday.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

So, THAT'S his secret for that stellar 9-0 gem vs the Packers AT HOME! Then, the two OT wins against vastly inferior teams, and a final toss victory against the 175th rated pass defense in North America (includes the CFL, NCAA, and Pee Wee leagues in the Tri State area).

You're right...he IS getting better!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

What actually matters happens after 8:30 on Monday night.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

Its just interesting that this team did so much gum flapping during training camp & leading up to their last meeting.....& now all is quiet. The way i see it id the Jets respect the hell out of the Pats now. I don't think they expected the Pats to be where they are right now. I think the Pats make the Jets real nervous....I think Rex told them not to give the Pats any extra motivation this week, which is not typical....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

PhatRex.  You are so dumb even blondes make jokes about you.  You must be a HUGE Jet fan, since you are here.  Now you will come up with some noble reason why you need to be here to defend the Jets or something, but in truth, you come as a troll.  By definition, your very presence here, you are a troll.  Admit that, and you are halfway to getting better.  Then leave, and this board will be halfway to getting better.  

19. This post has been removed.