Why Did This Happen?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

Why Did This Happen?

You know, before this game, I thought to myself. I don't even want this Super Bowl for myself as a fan. I want us to win because Brady and Belichick deserve this. Because Robert Kraft and his family deserve this. Because our team was doubted and kept fighting all season, and they deserve this.

But obviously, the world doesn't always give to those who are most deserving. For some reason, luck favored the loud-mouthed, arrogant, barely-made-the-playoffs Giants.

It's unfortunate, and for an hour after the game, I thought to myself: what's the point in working hard and doing the right things if all of it can turn meaningless so quickly?

I mean, Brady dedicates his life to football, the Patriots dedicated their season to Myra Kraft, and their reward is a Super Bowl loss.

The 2007 Super Bowl loss was difficult to accept, but it wasn't philosophical. It didn't have me questioning the purpose of life. If anything, the message from that Super Bowl was nobody is perfect.

What's this Super Bowl say? That hard work, dedication, and fighting for a great cause is not worth it? That arrogant, pompous jerks will be rewarded?

Can someone please tell me the meaning of life right now? Because I don't even know any more.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Re: Emotional Postgame Thoughts

They did well to get there. They were only a couple of plays short of winning.It isn't always the fair result that happens. Giants have many more play makers/talent particularly on defense when you look at the 2 teams and they didn't beat themselves with key mistakes. Pats needed a key turnover or 2 and couldn't get it. Look at it the other way - Pats did well to reach the superbowl as they have spare parts/bits and pieces defense made up of a lot of players who were cut from other teams. If they can somehow get the defense right and add a deep threat wide receiver they will challenge again next year

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Re: Why Did This Happen?

In Response to Why Did This Happen?:
    You know, before this game, I thought to myself. I don't even want this Super Bowl for myself as a fan. I want us to win because Brady and Belichick deserve this. Because Robert Kraft and his family deserve this. Because our team was doubted and kept fighting all season, and they deserve this. But obviously, the world doesn't always give to those who are most deserving. For some reason, luck favored the loud-mouthed, arrogant, barely-made-the-playoffs Giants. It's unfortunate, and for an hour after the game, I thought to myself: what's the point in working hard and doing the right things if all of it can turn meaningless so quickly? I mean, Brady dedicates his life to football, the Patriots dedicated their season to Myra Kraft, and their reward is a Super Bowl loss. The 2007 Super Bowl loss was difficult to accept, but it wasn't philosophical. It didn't have me questioning the purpose of life. If anything, the message from that Super Bowl was nobody is perfect. What's this Super Bowl say? That hard work, dedication, and fighting for a great cause is not worth it? That arrogant, pompous jerks will be rewarded? Can someone please tell me the meaning of life right now? Because I don't even know any more.
    Posted by kevin13130

Every teams works hard and deserves it. Luck is having the easiest schedule in the NFL and playing in a division that assures you 4 or 5 sure wins each season. Result: the most consecutive seasons with 10 wins and what do they have to show for it? Nada, nil, zero, nothing, rien..... You also can google 'shrink'.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

The Patriots refused to do the little things to win.  That is kind of arrogant actually.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

Trying to be objective, I didn't really expect this team to make it this far. What's disappointing is that this was a winnable game. The Pats got no breaks in this game (they used up their share in crunch time against the Ravens). But the plays were there to be made tonite, they just didn't make enough of them. Just wasn't their day.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

In Response to Re: Why Did This Happen?:
    The Patriots refused to do the little things to win.  That is kind of arrogant actually.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost

Huh? What little things?

I don't know what you're referring to, but I'm sure the Patriots would've done whatever was necessary to win. Where exactly did you see arrogance on the Patriots side?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

Trying to be objective, I didn't really expect this team to make it this far. What's disappointing is that this was a winnable game. The Pats got no breaks in this game (they used up their share in crunch time against the Ravens). But the plays were there to be made tonite, they just didn't make enough of them. Just wasn't their day.
    Posted by Norger

Well, didn't the Giants use up their breaks during the 49ers game?

Certainly, this was a winnable game for the Patriots, but that doesn't change the fact that we lost.

I'm still just very demotivated by the game.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

The Giants don't cut starting WR's the night before the game.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

The Giants don't cut starting WR's the night before the game.
    Posted by Grogan77

Tiquan Underwood is hardly a starting wide receiver.

By the way, the Giants made Mark Herzlich inactive for the game. Herzlich had an inspirational story as a cancer survivor. He tweeted about how doctors said he wouldn't be able to walk again, and now he's playing in the Super Bowl. I guess the Giants didn't allow him to play in the Super Bowl after all.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

Can someone please tell me the meaning of life right now? Because I don't even know any more.
    Posted by kevin13130[/QUOTE]

Witnessing your team losing an important game is always a bitter spill to swallow, and I feel your pain.  But, if you truly want to put things in perspective, take the time to visit the childrens' cancer ward at your local hospital.  There is where you will find your answer as to the meaning of life.  Best wishes and good luck Kevin.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

In Response to Why Did This Happen? :  Can someone please tell me the meaning of life right now? Because I don't even know any more. Posted by kevin13130
    Witnessing your team losing an important game is always a bitter spill to swallow, and I feel your pain.  But, if you truly want to put things in perspective, take the time to visit the childrens' cancer ward at your local hospital.  There is where you will find your answer as to the meaning of life.  Best wishes and good luck Kevin.
    Posted by dustcover

A picture is worth a thousand words:

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

In Response to Re: Why Did This Happen?:
    Posted by dustcover

You're right, and I know you're right. I know there are a lot worse things in life than the Patriots losing the Super Bowl. It's just difficult because, to be honest, this team was a source of inspiration for me this season. The way they always fought back, the way Brady played so hard and gave so much, and the whole Myra story. It just resonated with me in a strange way that's never happened before with sports.

This one loss doesn't define the season, and I will be doing my best to focus on our entire season and be proud of that. But really it doesn't seem so inspiring to have such a special season end in such disappointment. It's heartbreaking actually.

Anyways, thanks for your advice. I really do appreciate you putting things into perspective.
  •  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

All year long our young defence has had a problem with play action passes.  I hope with a full preseason next year we can fix that problem.
       I hope we cut Mankins. I am sick of his poor play in the post season every year.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Posted by kevin13130

I will give you a hint, stop trying to find the meaning of life in a game played by men that you do not know.

As for why the Patriots lost. The Giants out played them. The Patriots best player, made more mistakes (the safety, the interception, missed passes) than he can if the Patriots are going to win. Let's face it. The Patriots are Tom Brady and a high-powered offense. If the Brady is not playing great football, they are going to lose the game. That is what happened tonight.

You can talk all how want about how well the defense played, but the Pats don't win when they rely on the defense to play great football.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

In Response to Why Did This Happen? : I will give you a hint, stop trying to find the meaning of life in a game played by men that you do not know. As for why the Patriots lost. The Giants out played them. The Patriots best player, made more mistakes (the safety, the interception, missed passes) than he can if the Patriots are going to win. Let's face it. The Patriots are Tom Brady and a high-powered offense. If the Brady is not playing great football, they are going to lose the game. That is what happened tonight. You can talk all how want about how well the defense played, but the Pats don't win when they rely on the defense to play great football.
    Posted by FrnkBnhm

For this team that is true. But if you look back at when they won the Super Bowls it was the combination of a solid defense and a quarterback that managed not to make serious mistakes that won those games. That's not what this current team does. We need to go back to having a stronger defense. The good news is that it appears as though that's what they building towards.

• Sections
    Shortcuts