Why did we loose today?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

Re: Why did we loose today?

There were a lot of miscues that went on today but some of the things that stood out to me - the defensive line played okay but can't seem to get pressure on the QB, Adalius Thomas is just going through the motions, never seems to make a play, at least not for the amount of dough he's earning.  The secondary is either playing off the receivers or they can't cover, anyway, you have to pressure the QB or you have to cover.  C'mon, Kyle Orton shouldn't be able to torch anybody like he did today, he's a career journeyman at best.  Brady is not back to himself yet, give it time - but, we need another receiver.  Maroney looked like he was going to play with some attitude, until he missed a blitz pickup and then got sat for the rest of the game.  The Pats had their chances, just couldn't capitalize.  Like I posted before, Denver has always been a tough place for N.E. to play - and get rid of those throwback uniforms, they are a jinx. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Why did we loose today?:
    Typical game at Mile High - flat, with no emotion.  Everything looks soooo predictable on both sides of the ball.  I hate to think what Peyton is going to do to the Pats if they can't muster a decent pass rush. Guess the Matt Light haters are going to see if Sea Bass is up to the challenge.  Let's hope he's a quick study.
    Posted by RantinRaven

Me too, but that's weeks away.

It's not for lack of tipping/defending passes, it's for lack of coming up with interceptions from those tipped passes.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moongirl. Show moongirl's posts

BRADY, MISSED OPPORTUNITIES, LACK OF DEFENSE, MISSED FG, HORRIBLE OC, BB IS SLIPPING ....SHALL I GO ON ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ragingsea. Show ragingsea's posts

It's tough to win when you're recording the other team's signal calls. LMFAO!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pedr01. Show Pedr01's posts

agree with most of the post's ...

This game was lost by team but Tom missed a bunch... Another over throw to Moss in the end zone, Welker had a line to the end zone but Tom threw it low and short and a bunch of other blown opportunities.

The team lost but Tom missed some big, big chances... We should be 5-2 going into the bye but hopefully they all get on the same page when we come out of the bye because the next 5 games after the bye are going to be tough!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In a nutshell...   failed to EXECUTE, EXECUTE, EXCEUTE.  what happened to the team that put 17 points on the scoreboard, almost as many as the Denver D has given up in 4 games and throws a bagel out there at the second half.  If the offense could only have executed.. defense did what it could, blame the offense.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ragingsea. Show ragingsea's posts

If only BB could find another edge. Maybe if he could get a peek at the opponent's playbook! That would help! hehehehe

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

I think the momentum really turned on the ridiculous taunting call, that was clearly made up in a CYA move by the refs.  In anycase the Patriots had there chances and they did come through. This may just be my imagination, but I found the commentating by Simms to be so over the top, "I'm routing for the Broncos", that I finally had to mute the sound.  It is irritating to try and focus on a game when the announcers are biased.  This has been a Simms trademark I really think he hates the Patriots in which case he should not be allowed to cover the game. 
    Posted by tranquilrivers

the taunting call made no difference, the broncos had already driven 80+ yards on that possession. The red zone D just failed yet again....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Other than the last drive you can't pin this one on the D. Giving up 17 points in 4 quarters of football is like giving up 3.5 runs per game in MLB, if you can't score 4 runs you deserve to lose. If you can't muster more than 17 points on offense you all also deserve to lose. Orton passed for 305 yrds and spread the ball around; if I didn't know better I'd say this was Pats 2004 offense; nothing spectacular (other GW drives) about the stats just winning games. Bowlen looks like genius for hiring Mc Daniels.....five more wins and they can win their division and right now I can see Mc Daniels with inferior talent beating Norv Turner with superior talent...

We lost because Denver outcoached us and executed better in the 2nd half than us.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from longhairjoe. Show longhairjoe's posts

In Response to Why did we loose today?:
    Two very simple reasons; 1. no pass rush; olson or whatever this nobody's name is wasn't touched all day long.  2. no f*cking running game. when we really needed to use up clock in 3Q, we got nothing, once again. I've been a maroney supporter all along but I'm done with this clown. Trade him for a sack of used jockstraps. 3. merriweather's stupid taunting penalty was the frosting on the cake. Bet the house that its going to come back to haunt us at the end of the season. This was a very winnable game that we just flat out gave away. 
    Posted by unclealfie

1. Defense was on the field way too much.
    2. Take one hard look at #12, could NOT sustain a drive in the
    2nd half to save his life.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbwd2. Show mbwd2's posts

I hate to say it, but Brady looks bad out there.  He's about 5 ft off on most throws. 

Though the loss was a team effort, he definitely led the way. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coffee52. Show Coffee52's posts

Perhaps because too many Patriots fans are functionally illiterate and can't distinguish between playing too "loose" of a game as opposed to the result being that the team will "lose" the game.  Good grief man; go back to the fourth grade....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

The game was fixed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In Response to Why did we loose today? : Running game: 3.6ypc on 27 carries for 96 yards.  Not great, but serviceable Brady was 19/33 for 200 yds, but missed two touchdown passes. Merriweather's taunting penalty was no different than Eddie Royal after every catch today.  It was a terrible call, especially because the ref threw the flag BEFORE Merriweather even got up. And Moss had the team's only interception.
    Posted by NickC1188

The flag you saw thrown on TV was NOT the one thrown for Taunting. The one thrown BEFORE(as you so aptly put it) was for pass interference which was picked up because the pass was deflected. The flag for taunting came from another official in the middle of the field.

That was taunting. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Ninkovich bats an Orton pass 30 feet in the air; Marshall manages to break free unscathed and tip the ball away Brady misses Moss deep when he was wide open.  Patriots settle for a field goal Gostowski misses from 40 yards out Linebacker tips another Orton pass in the air; Wilhite knocks the ball away from Springs and Merriweather, and Denver comes up with the catch Royal fumbles a punt, but the Patriots form a pig pile and give up another 6 yards on the recovery Brady misses Moss on 3rd down on the opening drive of the second half Brady misses Welker wide open with nothing but green space ahead of him on 3rd down. Defense lined up offsides on 3rd and 8, gives the Broncos 5 yards closer on the kick. Springs got two arms on the final fade play before the game-winning kick. Not to mention a million missed tackles... I also can't help but think that those two dumb plays on the Denver punt return team were lost opportunities.  It's like they wanted the Patriots to sustain a drive, and yet the offense did everything to get back to those warm, heated plastic benches.
    Posted by NickC1188

Totally agree with all the missed opportunities. The Pats lost a very winnable game today.

Someone mentioned the taunting call. I don't think it made a difference either way, but I would like to hear how it was taunting when the ref threw it before any perceived taunt. That one was weird and that weirdness makes me want a better explanation. As noted, I don't think it affected the outcome.

EDIT: I didn't see LFBIQ's post which answers my question. Thanks LFBIQ. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

It was a winnable game and that's why I am p---d off.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Re: Why did we lose today?

If the Patriots had to lose, best to lose in overtime, with a coin flip going the wrong way, at an away game, in a city notorious for having the heaviest homefield advantage in the NFL (mile high air gasp! gasp! gasp!), against an undefeated team not in your division.

This may in fact be the way dynasties end.  The ruling family is broken up and then someone from within the immediate family gets some of the victories.  The Hundred Years War was French kings and nobility in England fighting French kings in France.  William of Normandy's earlier successful invasion of England set the stage for this later breakup.

I'm not prepared to anoint McDaniels as the new Belichick.  It was an overtime game, remember, and some recognition of extra strength (3 points in Vegas) should go to the visiting team.  Also, one game is a pretty small sample size.  The new Denver does seem to catch far more than its share of balls batted into the air.  Can the team keep doing this an infinite number of times without the NFL looking for a remote control device inside the football?

No, Brady wasn't always on target today.  He wasn't that bad, though, and he can get better.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

In Response to Why did we loose today?:
    Two very simple reasons; 1. no pass rush; olson or whatever this nobody's name is wasn't touched all day long.  2. no f*cking running game. when we really needed to use up clock in 3Q, we got nothing, once again. I've been a maroney supporter all along but I'm done with this clown. Trade him for a sack of used jockstraps. 3. merriweather's stupid taunting penalty was the frosting on the cake. Bet the house that its going to come back to haunt us at the end of the season. This was a very winnable game that we just flat out gave away. 
    Posted by unclealfie

lost because of overtime rules and a coin flip
    denver is  excellent at defending the run. 
    Merriweathers penalty was complete BS. Taunting... please he made a great play. THE RULES SU CK!!!! THESE DAYS

and this is an experience they will grow from

Brady looked better. Our d continues to get better. Tough loss but it wont kill the season lol

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from floridapatriotfan. Show floridapatriotfan's posts

All of you have it right, but will Kraft, Belichick, and the Coordinators do about it?
    We see what plays are coming before they start.  We see over and over that the new corners cannot stop the pass.  We see Brandy to Welker, over and over, are there any other players available, sure looked like it today but Brady was fixed on just Welker. Be great to be like our past greater teams, have multiple player we can pass too.  Maybe a few great receiver instead of only one we can attempt passes too. They tried to get rid of the old engine, but did not do a great job on the overhaul. Spend the money on good draft picks and or experienced known players not what best money can buy.  No need on rebuilding the whole team, just add the appropriate players needed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

Re: Why did we lose today?

In Response to Re: Why did we lose today?:
    If the Patriots had to lose, best to lose in overtime, with a coin flip going the wrong way, at an away game, in a city notorious for having the heaviest homefield advantage in the NFL (mile high air gasp! gasp! gasp!), against an undefeated team not in your division. This may in fact be the way dynasties end.  The ruling family is broken up and then someone from within the immediate family gets some of the victories.  The Hundred Years War was French kings and nobility in England fighting French kings in France.  William of Normandy's earlier successful invasion of England set the stage for this later breakup. I'm not prepared to anoint McDaniels as the new Belichick.  It was an overtime game, remember, and some recognition of extra strength (3 points in Vegas) should go to the visiting team.  Also, one game is a pretty small sample size.  The new Denver does seem to catch far more than its share of balls batted into the air.  Can the team keep doing this an infinite number of times without the NFL looking for a remote control device inside the football? No, Brady wasn't always on target today.  He wasn't that bad, though, and he can get better.
    Posted by Paul_K

I'd argue that is the WORST way to lose because you dont even get a shot. Overtime rules need to be changed. Its unfortunate that luck wasnt on our side this week. The pats have been fortunate so far but if they were going to lose I have nothing bad to say about this denver team. They are tough. Underestimated and ofcourse Josh Mcdaniels has a history with N.E .

It was a tough battle and the pats will get em next time

Interesting stat...considering brady has lost very few games in his career comparatively speaking..

Brady is now 1-5 in mile high 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from baddawg. Show baddawg's posts

BB should go back to coaching special teams!

Sections
Shortcuts