Why did we pick up Danny Woodhead??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

Why did we pick up Danny Woodhead??

Many people will say he will give us info on the Jets...dont think they would pick him up for just info. I dont see where he could help us on O...unless Edleman is injured worse than we thought. Why do you think we would pick him up and not a linebacker or someone with more experince on D??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Why did we pick up Danny Woodhead??

Because Bill is a gangsta! 

Maybe intel and also because Edleman might be worse off then expected.  Other than that, I have no idea.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Messin' with Rex Ryan's head.  Gotta love it!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

What is so great about him? Im not knocking him Im just wondering why we would sign him. I think Maroney would be a better rb than he would...so why trade him to sign Woodhead?? Dont think its to mess with ryan's head! Does anyone out there have a good idea what he will do for us?? I would like him if we didnt have all the weapons on our O........WHY IS HE HERE??????????

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MatildaWanna. Show MatildaWanna's posts

In Response to Re: Why did we pick up Danny Woodhead??:
    [QUOTE]Because Bill is a gangsta!  Maybe intel and also because Edleman might be worse off then expected.  Other than that, I have no idea.
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]
    From what videos I have watched this guy can run and run hard. He turns a corner fast, is hard  to tackle and gets yardage. Now fill in the dotted lines that he can be used in the backfield or as a WR and poof, you got the perfect BBoffensive toy. Nice!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

Just read a post from a diff thread and im starting to learn a little more on him...from what paul k wrote and others he seems to be pretty good. Do we need him on our team with our O? Is BB that highon our D? Did we need a O or a D player? I hope WOODHEAD kicks azz for us! Im only wondering why we signed him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Some interesting articles on him. Versatile, smart, motivated not a bad 53rd man.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/214093-new-york-jets-running-back-danny-woodhead-better-than-advertised

http://juicedsportsblog.com/2009/05/had-talent-no-one-cared-danny-woodheads-tough-road-to-the-nfl.html

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

BB collects people like Kevin Faulk, like Wes Welker, like Julian Edelman.  Short is not important to him.  Lateral acceleration wins football games.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

[QUOTE]BB collects people like Kevin Faulk, like Wes Welker, like Julian Edelman.  Short is not important to him.  Lateral acceleration wins football games.
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

Edleman is 6' tall...we are set at O. Nobody has given me the answer to my ?. Why did we sign him and not a guy on D?? Its been one game and our D looked good but our O gave them a huge lead...why sign him and not a guy to help out the D.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why did we pick up Danny Woodhead?? : From what videos I have watched this guy can run and run hard. He turns a corner fast, is hard  to tackle and gets yardage. Now fill in the dotted lines that he can be used in the backfield or as a WR and poof, you got the perfect BBoffensive toy. Nice!
    Posted by MatildaWanna[/QUOTE]

I'm not knocking the guy, I think he is all heart, blood, sweat and tears like Welker.  Very impressive and it's too bad for the Jets that they couldn't find a way to use him to their advantage.  I just don't see where he fit's in ot NE.  We have several players that fit his mold who are actually a bit better.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from emiliosCA. Show emiliosCA's posts

I'm thinking it was for a little of everything:

A) Stoke the fire a bit before the game (last season was pretty boring...not only for fans, but I don't think the players were into it. there was a lot of "hate" going around this week and before and I think the FO wants to pump up the team and organization when it can)
    B) He seems like a valuable player / RB depth (at the bottom) / developmental slot WR / ST
    C) Possibly intel. Though I don't see how much the jets are going to keep to their gameplan after how absolutely pathetic last week went for them on O.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

dont make too much out of the signing
    woodhead is an interesting player
    but he'll be cut in less than two weeks

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE] Nobody has given me the answer to my ?. Why did we sign him and not a guy on D?? 
    Posted by patriots1a2[/QUOTE]

It's the 53rd roster slot, man.  It's doubtful they would have found anyone for that slot who was going to make an impact tomorrow.  BB probably selected him because it's a good joke--sort of sticking it to Ryan for picking up O'Connell last year. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why did we pick up Danny Woodhead?? : Edleman is 6' tall...we are set at O. Nobody has given me the answer to my ?. Why did we sign him and not a guy on D?? Its been one game and our D looked good but our O gave them a huge lead...why sign him and not a guy to help out the D.

O is set? Edelman is injured. Welker is playing with a brace on his knee. Exactly what percentage recovered he is no one outside the Pats really knows. Faulk is no spring chicken. Neither are Morris and Taylor. It's a long season. As for height...The kinds of passes Brady throws to Welker and Edelman are usually low and quick. Ability to cut and accelerate after the catch are more important.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Why did we pick up Danny Woodhead??:
    [QUOTE]

Because chicks dig his last name.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why did we pick up Danny Woodhead?? : Edleman is 6' tall...we are set at O. Nobody has given me the answer to my ?. Why did we sign him and not a guy on D?? Its been one game and our D looked good but our O gave them a huge lead...why sign him and not a guy to help out the D.

Because he's exactly the kind of guy BB loves.
    Because every one complained about no depth at running back because they are too old.
    Because BB saw a chance to get him and immediately dumped Maroney the same day he was released and slyly waited until the last day to sign him.
    Because he will provide intell.
    Because he makes an already great offense that much more dynamic.
    Because BB apparently thinks better of HIS "D" than you do.

Sections
Shortcuts