Why did we sign WOODHEAD and not a player to help out the D???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

Why did we sign WOODHEAD and not a player to help out the D???

Our D had help with a huge lead(not knocking them...fact)Im wondering why we would sign WOODHEAD and not a player to help our young D???? Im not knocking woodhead but do we need more O?? Would D help us more??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Why did we sign WOODHEAD and not a player to help out the D???

It was unlikely that someone picked up this week would be much help to the D. First, it's hard to find someone good at this point in the season, and second, there's not much time for anyone new to learn the scheme in time for the game.  The only possible exception would be someone like Murrell who has already played for the Pats--but if Murrell wouldn't have made the 45-man roster tomorrow, picking him up would be useless.  At least this guy can give us some info on the Jet's playbook.  Plus, it messes with Ryan's head. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Patriots were already razor thin at running back.  33 year old players such as Sammy Morris, Fred Taylor and Kevin Faulk don't last forever in the NFL, and they don't heal quickly.  With Maroney gone, BB really needed a running back.

The D may be young, but they're not thin at all.  A young D with talent is going to mature.

Finally, Woodhead has a certain quality that BB is looking for, lateral explosion.  He's a tremendous change of pace compared to Slammin Sammy Morris.  This change of pace drives defenses crazy.  Woodhead has enormous speed and cutting ability that Morris lacks.  He may be short but at 200 pounds he's kind of muscular, another good trait.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Are you going to ask until you find someone to agree with you?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

In Response to Re: Why did we sign WOODHEAD and not a player to help out the D???:
    [QUOTE] Are you going to ask until you find someone to agree with you?
    Posted by Evil2010[/QUOTE]

NO ONE GAVE AN ANSWER TO MY PREVIOUS POST....INCLUDING YOU. LOOK AT THE FIRST ONE AGAIN AND YOU WILL SEE WHY I REWORDED MY TITLE...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

Forget it anyway...ill just keep it bottled inside until I blow up...lol. He is on the pats and lets move forward...GO P A T S PATS PATS PATS...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Why did we sign WOODHEAD and not a player to help out the D???:
    [QUOTE]Forget it anyway...ill just keep it bottled inside until I blow up...lol. He is on the pats and lets move forward...GO P A T S PATS PATS PATS...
    Posted by patriots1a2[/QUOTE]

That's the best way to look at it. BB knows what he's doing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]Our D had help with a huge lead(not knocking them...fact)Im wondering why we would sign WOODHEAD and not a player to help our young D???? Im not knocking woodhead but do we need more O?? Would D help us more??
    Posted by patriots1a2[/QUOTE]
    Don't sweat the defense. You'll see.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MatildaWanna. Show MatildaWanna's posts

[QUOTE]Don't sweat the defense. You'll see.
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]
    I will be the first to admit I was way off about BB this off season and who he picked. Yes the Patriots had some busts and hopefully the last one Maroney is out the door.
    The defense looks to be going the right way, I thought Chung was in over his head last year but is turning out to be a fantastic pick. McCourty looks like he will be the Patriot version of Revis. LB's we will have to wait and see on.

Now about this kid Woodhead. I've been watching his YouTube stuff all day, this kid is exactly what BB likes and his speed is underated. He gets to the outside very fast and because he is only 5'9" turns his shoulder in and is very hard to tackle.  He hits the hold at full speed, and those little guys going that fast if he can follow Crumpler would be getting Wes Welker yards on his runs.

I Hope Bill B keeps this kid, he can turn out to be amazing

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

Why ? It's called Gamesmanship. But I'd love to see Woodhead hang around for awhile.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

the D doesn't need any help. They just need to mature.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I guess we needed a RB after trading Maroney and didn't particularly caer for the guys on our practice squad. We were down to 4 RB's with two of them extremely injury prone.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Because BB isn't as smart as you.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

Hoggie!!!!

How the hell are ya ?????????? GAMER's Still looking good!!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Needed a RB, got a running back! simple.....enjoy the game and the run to the superbowl.