Why didn't Hoyer play?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Why didn't Hoyer play?

Did anyone else kinda worry that Brady could have been a casualty of a frustrated Jet? I felt that being up 35 points was enough. Last thing we would have needed was Brady to get taken out by a cheap shot or even an accident. Hoyer should have got to be some kind of a part in the team victory.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Why didn't Hoyer play?

I agree about the fear of injury. I also would have liked to see Hoyer get some snaps. One can only speculate about "finishing the game" that the Pats have been working on.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

I wonder if some of it was a rub it in. "If you flap yer gums you better be able to back it up"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from whitetrashgang. Show whitetrashgang's posts

I was going to post before that pats win this game easy and Hoyer should be starting against Buffalo if the other games fall in to place.With a little luck Pats could have things locked up then.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I was wondering about this too and there is always the fear of injury.  I think it was a statement move.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

When Belichick called that huddle in the fourth, he told the team "We're gonna play for 60 minutes. I dont' give a [freak] what the score is." That was a message to the team, that they better play from horn to horn. Brady included.

I don't mind the move at all.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from calchu7. Show calchu7's posts

Tell me about it.

Honestly, I think it's pretty stupid to keep Brady in there, especially after the Pollard roll.

Every single NFL team is just one injury away from being knocked out of title contention.

If the score was 24-3 I can see them keeping Brady in there up to the mid portion of the 4th Qtr, but at 45-3?  Come on Hoodie.

I honestly don't feel like the Pats were rubbing it in.  They did in the past to other teams, notably the Redskins, but the score was more due to the Jets D's inability to do anything.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RANDIBUS81. Show RANDIBUS81's posts

The Patriots were up by so much in a way it was good practice for the team.  Woodhead was making plays. The jets could not stop us so why let up. 
    I think at some point you do have to take him out. This was the 1st game where the Pats played great for 60 mins.   I think in the games againts buffalo and mami if we have a big lead they will pull brady.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jumpshotking13. Show jumpshotking13's posts

brady hadnt gotten any real pressure all night (the three sacks were the only legit pressure, none of them being big hits). and besides, you try telling brady to come out. not a chance he was coming off the field. and you dont think they wanted to rub it in???? get a grip, of course they did! this was a chance to humiliate their biggest rival on MNF. 

p.s.  hoyer blows. save his face on national tv and let him continue to watch from the bench.

Sections
Shortcuts