why didn't Pats sign laron Landry ...?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: why didn't Pats sign laron Landry ...?

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They probably listened to all the people here who said his career was done and he had too many muscles to move around anymore...smh

Hindsight is 20/20 and i dont know what they offered, but I would have liked to see that money used to get5 Gregory for this guy. we already had our FS in McCourty its just that B.B. wanted to give him a shot at CB again...but now...

[/QUOTE]

+1

was my mantra last year

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Landry is a S that plays up in the box. Pats play their S's deep in cover 2. Landry is not a cover S, as you saw Gronk beating him numerous times.

[/QUOTE]

we have no cover safetys. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I've got to say that I thought the guy did a heck of a job in coverage Sunday - it's not easy covering Gronk and although I thought Gronk won the battle, it looked like Landry was in position and was running with him stride for stride. Got to hand it to Gronk and Brady for making some very good throws and catches.

This guy could of helped us...instead we got Gregory. A guy that before he got hurt ran right by the guy he was supposed to tackle (consistently) and was out matched and slow in coverage. 

[/QUOTE]

yes but bb is smarter. "what do you think you are smarter than bb. (tongue in cheeK)

how many times will we hear that, instead of evaluating peoples contributions on their merit.....

and giving people credit when they call something out before it happens or a year befor eit happens.

posters  here, save for the draft thread, seem loath to give any props to their peers

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to leatherhelmet's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We have NO ONE on this coaching staff that can define the word DEFENSIVE BACK. I almost miss Brandon Meriweather..............

[/QUOTE]

:)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

rkarp, didnt landry have good coverage? I think he was just too short on the first one but he was also stride for stride with Lloyd on that deep ball he dropped. If he is not a cover safety then neither is any of ours...Lets be fair about it.

at the least, he would have filled that 3rd safety role that they want Wilson playing but to say he is only in the box player welll... I disagree. His strenght is in the box but he is very adequate in coverage. Every time someone caught the ball he was there to stop him. He is not gonna be picking off passes ala Ed Reed but the job is done by making WRs drop the ball and Lloyd dropped those because of Landry IMO...so he is making an impact which is much more then Chung when he is healthy so far this year...

Lets not rag on him cuz he is a jet. Im sure you all hated Rodney in S.D. too. You need players like that and thats why NO WRS are scared to go over the middle against us.

[/QUOTE]

I did not think he had good coverage on Gronk

I never said our S's were cover S's. I never said Landry was not better than the talent we currently have. I said he does not play the type of defense that BB wants to run very well.

I dont think the Pats play a 3rd S $2.6 (Landry) although I think Gregory is a 3rd S and he is getting $1.6.

I am not ragging on him because he is a Jet. I have already commented I thought that the Jets took away the middle of the field pretty well, and I already commented on Sanchez.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry bro! We'll just have to disagree. Landry couldnt have been more tighter on Gronk with out getting a flag, its just that brady put it high and away and he was too short to deflect the pass. I thnk Gronk being 6'6" had a lot to do with it and my point is he couldnt do any worse then what we have regardless of how he fits are scheme. My question is WHO is gonna fit these schemes becacuse noone they bring in seems to excel since Rodney and they all get worse after their 1st year so maybe mental toughness is part of it..IDK, but I think Gregory is gonna be on IR or released before seasons end. Fanini was a medical risk that they paid good money for and never played so I think B.B. should have just forked up the money for a real safety. didnt have to be Landry but after last year B.B. thought getting one guy in free agency was enough??  Another bad free agent year if you ask me outside of Lloyd and what happend to the Miami guy W.Allen?? he showed the ability to play FS in camp so....where is he? we need help!

[/QUOTE]

you are right.

can you imagine our defense playing our offense? 500 yards 7-8 tds. (wait o forgot josh is our oc)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TitleTown11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Landry said he didn't want to sign with the Pats because when he came in for a visit in the offseason, Belichick wasn't there at the facility.

[/QUOTE]

saw that, mesns bb had no intention of siging him id say