Why Do BB's Gameplans in Big Games leave a lot to be desired??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Why Do BB's Gameplans in Big Games leave a lot to be desired??

Sooo vontae leech is talented??  Is Pitta that much bette than Fells? Its about the element of surprise. If you gonna put Brady under center u have to use playaction and spread the ball, if not put em in the gun and spread out the D so he can pick the mismatch. Im amazed that everyone was happy with the game plan to throw the ball exclusively to 3 people... Ok, Well I guess you guys will love the next few years when we keep losing the same way....smh

Noone has told me WHY these same players suddenly cant execute in the clutch.  Im still hearing things on this thread like "brady just isnt right"  BUT, he doesnt catch balls just throws them. Lets make this clear. If NO pass catchers drop any balls its a win most likely so why is Brady to blame for young offensive players choking up??  You guys can only point to the end of the game desperation for Bradys pics that had no impact. The game was over at 14-13 when Ridley fumbles and up to that point the only miscue that Brady had was the missed timeout. Can SOMEONE please point out all these plays that Brady directly screwed up that cost the game, Im still waiting. BB builds the team right?  Did he NOT think to have a Real 2nd WR outside besides Branch and then we had Stallworth earlier...LOL.  How many times is a D coordinator say its not hard to defend us before BB changes something??

I think the gameplan should be to let Brady does what he does best. Pick apart their weak secondary. The power in Bmore is up the middle with Ngata and their linebackers and we targeted their strength. We put up 30 vs this team in week 3, so what happened? We abused C.Williams and then we tried to change up and attack their backers and they were up to the task.  Bad Gameplan IMO...Glad u guys like it though.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Sooo vontae leech is talented??  Is Pitta that much bette than Fells? Its about the element of surprise. If you gonna put Brady under center u have to use playaction and spread the ball, if not put em in the gun and spread out the D so he can pick the mismatch. Im amazed that everyone was happy with the game plan to throw the ball exclusively to 3 people... Ok, Well I guess you guys will love the next few years when we keep losing the same way....smh

Noone has told me WHY these same players suddenly cant execute in the clutch.  Im still hearing things on this thread like "brady just isnt right"  BUT, he doesnt catch balls just throws them. Lets make this clear. If NO pass catchers drop any balls its a win most likely so why is Brady to blame for young offensive players choking up??  You guys can only point to the end of the game desperation for Bradys pics that had no impact. The game was over at 14-13 when Ridley fumbles and up to that point the only miscue that Brady had was the missed timeout. Can SOMEONE please point out all these plays that Brady directly screwed up that cost the game, Im still waiting. BB builds the team right?  Did he NOT think to have a Real 2nd WR outside besides Branch and then we had Stallworth earlier...LOL.  How many times is a D coordinator say its not hard to defend us before BB changes something??

I think the gameplan should be to let Brady does what he does best. Pick apart their weak secondary. The power in Bmore is up the middle with Ngata and their linebackers and we targeted their strength. We put up 30 vs this team in week 3, so what happened? We abused C.Williams and then we tried to change up and attack their backers and they were up to the task.  Bad Gameplan IMO...Glad u guys like it though.

Dummy, they were moving the ball at will up and down the field in the first half, but stalled on Balt's side due to lack of execution. Dropping a ball wide open is not part of a "bad gameplan".

Your little binkies on offense in recent years, whether it be Logie Mankins at 9 mil per, Welker or Brady, have all underperformed at one time or another.

Our best players on offense cannot underperform in the postseason.

For example, you can look at Welker's stats from the game and as a fantasy football dork, it looks superb. But, was it? He had drops, key drops that make the stats pointless to look at.

You never, ever hold the offensive players accountable here. I am surprised you haven't tried to scapegoat Brandon Lloyd yet.

lmao

Moving the ball in between the 20s is something 80% of offenses can do. Scoring is another matter. Our offense scored 1 TD in the game. 1 TD.

Pathetic. This has nothing to do with BB. McDaniels calls the plays and Brady has full autonomy to audible.

I have never gushed over Wes  or Logan so stop  it.  Like I said If u want to chalk it up to exection, thats fine but dont put drop passes and bad playcalling on Brady.  Do you think Brady devised these plans to throw horizontal after playaction that weve never seen all year?  You are the president of the "Brady S*cks" Club so I know your views but like I said I have yet to have ANYONE point out HOW Brady by himself lost this game. Outside of the T/O which BB already said he endorsed the Spike, what did he do to  make them lose??

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Seemed to me that the Pats were in alot of 3rd and 2 situations. 

I don't know if they were serious about their own run game because I don't think we saw Fells  until the 3rd quarter.   I may be mistaken.

But if I were serious about establishing the run I would have sat Hooman who can't block to save his life and neither can Hernandez and had Fells and Hern out there.  Less Woody and more Vereen.  

They were just daring the Pats to run but I don't think they had the best personnel out there for it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

The gameplan on offense wasn't as bad as you say.  The execution was horrid.  Unlike Jets 2010 they actually tried to run against the nickel and did a poor job executing.  Not saying some things couldn't have been better, but with the level of execution they had, no gameplan was going to save the offense imo.

Yeah. The running was a big yawn, except when Ridley got knocked for a loop. And the receivers looked like their defenders were stuck to them with velcro. Mediocre team with a great QB. But they couldn't even manage mediocre that day.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:

I don't know if they were serious about their own run game because I don't think we saw Fells  until the 3rd quarter.   I may be mistaken.

But if I were serious about establishing the run I would have sat Hooman who can't block to save his life and neither can Hernandez and had Fells and Hern out there.  Less Woody and more Vereen.  

They were just daring the Pats to run but I don't think they had the best personnel out there for it.

Reis said Fells appeared to be injured after the 4th series. Hammy

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:

i see the defense continue to improve next season, signing talib will go a long way toward that, dennard is going to be very good. the problem is that if the offense stays the same, i mean same philosophy then things wont change. they will put up big points and stats agains the weak teams but get shut down completely by the strong defensive teams  in the playoffs. if the defense is good enough to shut out playoff teams then we will probably win but with some of the talent on offense they should be able to score on anyone, but they don't we've seen the same thing for the past several years and its going to continue until changes are made. By no means has the defense been perfect but the offense continues toi put up stinkers in big games agains good teams.

The common denominators on offense in these losses to good teams is a run game that goes flaccid, receivers dropping far too many passes and also struggling to get open. Combined with a mickey mouse D and suspect coaching, it just isn't going to beat the best in the league often enough.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

In response to Salcon's comment:

Reis said Fells appeared to be injured after the 4th series. Hammy

Damn, alot of players hurt in that game.  The Pats need to start doin' the hurtin'.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

This has nothing to do with BB. McDaniels calls the plays and Brady has full autonomy to audible.

I have never seen a single person agree with you that BB is somehow an inept HC that can't command his coaches or players junior. Doesn't this fact make you feel stupid?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Rusty,  you just admitted that you didnt read past line one but then said I cant form sentences?? Which is it?? How can u know this w/out reading??  Fraud!  As usual you offer nothing to the debate because it doesnt support your brady bashing agenda. You cant admit your Binkie coach has been overwhelmed for a while now. I mean do you realize that Jim Freeking Caldwell just beat our defense led by Wacco Flacco!   LMAO!  Mayo getting ran over on the goal line but his twitter has a thousand pics of him laying our Pitta!??  What a joke! 

This is your rebuilt, championship defense??  LOL

You're kind of like Dan Shaugnessy. I can read your first sentence or your subject title and I already know what kind of garbage will dribble out of that smelly mouth of yours.

Yes, the youngest D in the league looks very good barring injuries to key players. Yes.

It will only be stronger next year.  Will we have a championship offense?  Will Brady ever look to commit to running it and fighting fire with fire?

I feel like I've been reading about your "young and exciting" defense for ten years now. LMAO at your agenda! Hey, how's Chung doing these days? He was your binky for quite a long time - you finally realize the type of player he is after we have been schooling you about him for the past three years?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Rusty,  you just admitted that you didnt read past line one but then said I cant form sentences?? Which is it?? How can u know this w/out reading??  Fraud!  As usual you offer nothing to the debate because it doesnt support your brady bashing agenda. You cant admit your Binkie coach has been overwhelmed for a while now. I mean do you realize that Jim Freeking Caldwell just beat our defense led by Wacco Flacco!   LMAO!  Mayo getting ran over on the goal line but his twitter has a thousand pics of him laying our Pitta!??  What a joke! 

You're kind of like Dan Shaugnessy. I can read your first sentence or your subject title and I already know what kind of garbage will dribble out of that smelly mouth of yours.

Yes, the youngest D in the league looks very good barring injuries to key players. Yes.

It will only be stronger next year.  Will we have a championship offense?  Will Brady ever look to commit to running it and fighting fire with fire?

I feel like I've been reading about your "young and exciting" defense for ten years now. LMAO at your agenda! Hey, how's Chung doing these days? He was your binky for quite a long time - you finally realize the type of player he is after we have been schooling you about him for the past three years?

OUCH!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Is he Overthinking these things??? Does he realize how long WE AS FANS wait during offseason, draft, mini camps ,training camps, etc, reg season.  All this buildup as we try to get over another crushing SB loss by the hands of the same team/coach who had beat us 4 years ago and THIS is what we get???  A confused, scary team that makes mistakes it hadnt made all year??  This is all On Brady??!?  Please tell me how He is to blame for bad gameplans. Joshy is not off the hook either. Why we were calling playaction passes and then passing it horizontially??? Hasnt happened all year but in the playoffs the goal is to go sideways not forward???  

Ok, so besides that we saw Vareen in action the week before abusing linebackers and I thought the plan was to utilitze this plan right away to get the Ravens on their heels and most analysts agreed with this but we came out and tried to slow the game down which doesnt work in our favor. I have not coached NFL for 30 years but ive been a fan for as long and Ive played and coached on the lower levels and YOU stick TO WHAT GOT YOU THERE!  Brady was at his best back in the day when spreading the ball. He would have 7 diff. targets by halftime and now its a 3 man show and you expect defenses not to catch on?? 

Why wasnt Fells in the gameplan? Oh-oh on a f/b swing pass off playaction??  NO Vareen 1st half, NO Bolden,.  Why does BB cut good players because he has to have ALL this DEPTH?? I mean we got a bunch of s*ck lineman who dont contribute outside or Fork but we got Branch as our 3rd WR and Slater as our 4th???  really?  anyone else think Taylor Prive would be up to speed by now. Why did we cut him?? to make room for Ocho??

Ok, my rant is done on BB, I could go on for days but you get the point.  Right now is when someone is getting ready to chime in about how we compete every year, in the playoffs, stop being spoiled, blah, blah, blah

Ok now on to Defense and Mr. Patricia. I thought coming in that blitzing Flacco early was the best way to go. We only  blitzed him twice earlier in the year in week 3. The way he likes to air it out deep the best defense is to blitz so he has to throw early before those deep routes develop.  Caldwell usually calls a safe game early. VS the Bronco's it was run on 1st and 2nd and then throw on 3rd. It was so predictable I just knew it had to be a setup but it wasnt,. They came out with the same thing and thats we defensed them well early but blitzing him may have made him uncomfortable. A deep passer like Flacco needs to find rythm and we gave it too him. Watching the game at the end when it was already over and how we blitzed him and were effective just made me shake my head as to why we didnt do that early.  Once they put Flacco in the gun and scrapped the run game, I knew our secondary was toast.

Soooo, lets bring it back. Why do these BB led teams look so flustered in Big games?? Does he put too much pressure on players during these weeks?? because these guys execute flawlessly in the reg. season. If you watched the Replay you will see Harbaugh directing his offense as ALL HC's do so can we please stop with this Brady runs the show?  HE plays the game like he is instructed. If they stack the box, he audibles to pass, If they show pass coeverage he checks to run. its simple expect when the teams Nickel package can stop your run.  This is about BB and his SHow. He always say that everything is on him so thats what Im doing.

Poor Gameplan in 07 SB. Poor Gameplan in 2010 playoffs vs Jets echoed by Mr.Kraft. Poor Gameplan in 2011 SB (Obrien admitted he should have changed the playcall on the saftey after the fact) and another bad gameplan last week. I mean does BB just roll out of bed and blindly put this crap together??? Is this Ernie Adams doing behind the scenes. I think BB has a job as a Magician when he retires because he has a whole fan base looking at the Best player while he Flubs up Opportunity after Opportunity in the postseason putting together these Pre_season-esque Gameplans.  I keep thinking he will Realize and wait a whole year only to watch the most Poorest Gameplan of the season.. What Gives??

I'll open up DEBATE for YOU guys now because to me this is NOT even debatable anymore. BB is killing this teams chances year after year by NOT HIRING REAL OFF. and DEF. Coordinators and its Waaaaaay past time to do something about it. Oh how I wish TB retires so we can see what BB will do then...

does it ever cross your mind the other team has something to do with all this?

or is it the usual arrogance that says the mighty patriots only beat themselves, no one else does? maybe the game plan and coaching was just fine and it just wasn't enough to beat the opponent that day who, believe it or not, gets paid and wants to win too

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

CHA-CHING!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

Is he Overthinking these things??? Does he realize how long WE AS FANS wait during offseason, draft, mini camps ,training camps, etc, reg season.  All this buildup as we try to get over another crushing SB loss by the hands of the same team/coach who had beat us 4 years ago and THIS is what we get???  A confused, scary team that makes mistakes it hadnt made all year??  This is all On Brady??!?  Please tell me how He is to blame for bad gameplans. Joshy is not off the hook either. Why we were calling playaction passes and then passing it horizontially??? Hasnt happened all year but in the playoffs the goal is to go sideways not forward???  

Ok, so besides that we saw Vareen in action the week before abusing linebackers and I thought the plan was to utilitze this plan right away to get the Ravens on their heels and most analysts agreed with this but we came out and tried to slow the game down which doesnt work in our favor. I have not coached NFL for 30 years but ive been a fan for as long and Ive played and coached on the lower levels and YOU stick TO WHAT GOT YOU THERE!  Brady was at his best back in the day when spreading the ball. He would have 7 diff. targets by halftime and now its a 3 man show and you expect defenses not to catch on?? 

Why wasnt Fells in the gameplan? Oh-oh on a f/b swing pass off playaction??  NO Vareen 1st half, NO Bolden,.  Why does BB cut good players because he has to have ALL this DEPTH?? I mean we got a bunch of s*ck lineman who dont contribute outside or Fork but we got Branch as our 3rd WR and Slater as our 4th???  really?  anyone else think Taylor Prive would be up to speed by now. Why did we cut him?? to make room for Ocho??

Ok, my rant is done on BB, I could go on for days but you get the point.  Right now is when someone is getting ready to chime in about how we compete every year, in the playoffs, stop being spoiled, blah, blah, blah

Ok now on to Defense and Mr. Patricia. I thought coming in that blitzing Flacco early was the best way to go. We only  blitzed him twice earlier in the year in week 3. The way he likes to air it out deep the best defense is to blitz so he has to throw early before those deep routes develop.  Caldwell usually calls a safe game early. VS the Bronco's it was run on 1st and 2nd and then throw on 3rd. It was so predictable I just knew it had to be a setup but it wasnt,. They came out with the same thing and thats we defensed them well early but blitzing him may have made him uncomfortable. A deep passer like Flacco needs to find rythm and we gave it too him. Watching the game at the end when it was already over and how we blitzed him and were effective just made me shake my head as to why we didnt do that early.  Once they put Flacco in the gun and scrapped the run game, I knew our secondary was toast.

Soooo, lets bring it back. Why do these BB led teams look so flustered in Big games?? Does he put too much pressure on players during these weeks?? because these guys execute flawlessly in the reg. season. If you watched the Replay you will see Harbaugh directing his offense as ALL HC's do so can we please stop with this Brady runs the show?  HE plays the game like he is instructed. If they stack the box, he audibles to pass, If they show pass coeverage he checks to run. its simple expect when the teams Nickel package can stop your run.  This is about BB and his SHow. He always say that everything is on him so thats what Im doing.

Poor Gameplan in 07 SB. Poor Gameplan in 2010 playoffs vs Jets echoed by Mr.Kraft. Poor Gameplan in 2011 SB (Obrien admitted he should have changed the playcall on the saftey after the fact) and another bad gameplan last week. I mean does BB just roll out of bed and blindly put this crap together??? Is this Ernie Adams doing behind the scenes. I think BB has a job as a Magician when he retires because he has a whole fan base looking at the Best player while he Flubs up Opportunity after Opportunity in the postseason putting together these Pre_season-esque Gameplans.  I keep thinking he will Realize and wait a whole year only to watch the most Poorest Gameplan of the season.. What Gives??

I'll open up DEBATE for YOU guys now because to me this is NOT even debatable anymore. BB is killing this teams chances year after year by NOT HIRING REAL OFF. and DEF. Coordinators and its Waaaaaay past time to do something about it. Oh how I wish TB retires so we can see what BB will do then...

does it ever cross your mind the other team has something to do with all this?

or is it the usual arrogance that says the mighty patriots only beat themselves, no one else does? maybe the game plan and coaching was just fine and it just wasn't enough to beat the opponent that day who, believe it or not, gets paid and wants to win too

Ummm, no this is not a case of being arrogant. Just because your team beat us twice dont try to act like you know the team. If I just said, the better team didnt win, that would be one thing but I DID point out what gameplan I would have preffered so it is valid because I mentioned the gameplan that should have worked. Of course the other team gets paid but you shouldnt play into their strenghts which is what we did now.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Who knows if the gameplans are worth a damn or not. If you have mediocre talent that isn't executing no gameplan is going to work. You can't scheme your way out of mediocrity against the good teams.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Not every player is going to make it, stupid. Personally, I really like Spikes, Mayo, McCourty, Dennard, Chandler Jones, Hightower, etc. Yes, I just checked. Yes, yes, I do. I also like what Rob Ninkovich does.  Yep. Sure do.  BB covets players like that and I've liked the results to the tune of 3 SBs. I just wish someone would find our QB.

Chung is injury prone and can't stay on the field. It happens. Yes, a very young and exciting D which started in 2010.

Fletcher is back in 2013, too. Another good player who does good things, even if he isn't an All Pro at his position.

The rest of us feel like we've been reading your balding, old man cupcake comments for 3 years here, as you demand BB deliver a SB ring to your basement while Tom Brady looks like a deer in the headlights.

lol

Chung who isn't going to be resigned has NOTHING to do with that little problem of ours.

Brady is in decline, or at least that's the rumor.  Maybe he is, maybe he isn't.  Wake up, moron. QB/offensive league and our QB all of a sudden BLOWS in the postseason.

BLOWS.

Ouch is right, for you and Salcon, etc.     We ain't doing anything in this league without a QB.

Brady has SUCKED the last 3 postseasons.  One game against a great matchup ain't cutting it.

You're a riot

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Dude - What's that white stuff on your beard?  It's more than a little disturbing.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Umm, why did you sign up with a new name only to post twice with the same stupid, nonsensical question?

What's the white stuff on yourpink  panties? It's more than a little disturbing.

Relax dude.  I'm just curious why you'd choose that avatar out of all the ones that are available.   What's the 411?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

Umm, why did you sign up with a new name only to post twice with the same stupid, nonsensical question?

What's the white stuff on yourpink  panties? It's more than a little disturbing.

Relax dude.  I'm just curious why you'd choose that avatar out of all the ones that are available.   What's the 411?

Sure, troll. I am very relaxed.  Are you talking about the ligting or his shirt collar. Finally, who cares?

Good job signing up under a different board name to follow me around. We've seen it before.

C'mon man - take another look at the beard.   Very disturbing.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts