Why do most of you Pats fans think so little of Tebow?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

Re: Why do most of you Pats fans think so little of Tebow?

m1021us - I have no idea, all I am saying is that yes the earlier a guy is picked, the better chance you have of getting a better athlete and player that was better in college, but there still is a chance of getting a lousy player at even @ 1, then paying him all this money, and he ends up being a flop.  A top 10 player is picked and everyone assumes he will make it, and there are still a lot of players that don't cut it and have a guaranteed contract which is why teams don't like these huge salaries in the top 10 players and then trade down like the Pats.  There are always players picked by our team early, & we get so excited "knowing" he will be a huge help, and so many times teams pick flops, or players who may have been good if they were taken by a good team, but teams like the Lions & Raiders of late draft great players in college and these players give up too early because they can't take the poundings or the team stinks with no end in sight as these players show character flaws like the Raiders Jamarcus Russell.  There are so many reasons why these players start out good like Plunkett w/ NE, get killed with all the sacks and knockdowns, they lose confidence and never play well again.  Plunkett of course years later w/ the Raiders, luckily got his confidence and won 2 SBs playing great!!  He is one of the few who come back from adversity.  So zbellino, you can give me all the scouting reports you want, but when YOUR team drafts someone very high, there are so many reasons they might or might not make it.  Too many Pats fans get down on or are high on players and so many times they are wrong in the end,  If the coaches and GMs and scouts know how hard it is to judge talent, then how do any of us know.

So none of you know if Tebow will get some great off season coaching, learn and study hard and in the end he could end up being very productive if not great, or even a flop like Ryan Leaf.

QBs from 92 -2001 who were flops or just ok, but not for 1st rounders:

92 - Dave Klinger/Bengals, Dave Brown/Giants, Tommy Maddox/ Broncos
    93 - Rick Mirer/Seahawks,
    94 - Heath Shuler/ Redskins, Trent Dilfer/Bucs - Avg at best for 1st rounder
    95 - Kerry Collins/ Panthers - up and down
    96 - Jim Druckenmiller/49ers
    98 - Ryan Leaf/Chargers
    99 - Tim Couch/Browns, Cade McNown/Bears
    2001 - Chad Pennington/Jets - Too many injuries thou solid when healthy
    2002 - Michael Vick - Hawks

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I already told you. I agree. 

The Pats should just draft the guy who cuts deli meat at the corner store two blocks from my apartment. 

Sure he has zero football experience. And sure he isn't likely to make it. 

But hey, Brady was drafted in the 4th and Leaf was drafted in the first.

So who cares. Let's draft people because we think their name looks good on the uniform.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Why do most of you Pats fans think so little of Tebow?:
    m1021us - I have no idea, all I am saying is that yes the earlier a guy is picked, the better chance you have of getting a better athlete and player that was better in college, but there still is a chance of getting a lousy player at even @ 1, then paying him all this money, and he ends up being a flop.  A top 10 player is picked and everyone assumes he will make it, and there are still a lot of players that don't cut it and have a guaranteed contract which is why teams don't like these huge salaries in the top 10 players and then trade down like the Pats.  There are always players picked by our team early, & we get so excited "knowing" he will be a huge help, and so many times teams pick flops, or players who may have been good if they were taken by a good team, but teams like the Lions & Raiders of late draft great players in college and these players give up too early because they can't take the poundings or the team stinks with no end in sight as these players show character flaws like the Raiders Jamarcus Russell.  There are so many reasons why these players start out good like Plunkett w/ NE, get killed with all the sacks and knockdowns, they lose confidence and never play well again.  Plunkett of course years later w/ the Raiders, luckily got his confidence and won 2 SBs playing great!!  He is one of the few who come back from adversity.  So zbellino, you can give me all the scouting reports you want, but when YOUR team drafts someone very high, there are so many reasons they might or might not make it.  Too many Pats fans get down on or are high on players and so many times they are wrong in the end,  If the coaches and GMs and scouts know how hard it is to judge talent, then how do any of us know. So none of you know if Tebow will get some great off season coaching, learn and study hard and in the end he could end up being very productive if not great, or even a flop like Ryan Leaf. QBs from 92 -2001 who were flops or just ok, but not for 1st rounders: 92 - Dave Klinger/Bengals, Dave Brown/Giants, Tommy Maddox/ Broncos 93 - Rick Mirer/Seahawks, 94 - Heath Shuler/ Redskins, Trent Dilfer/Bucs - Avg at best for 1st rounder 95 - Kerry Collins/ Panthers - up and down 96 - Jim Druckenmiller/49ers 98 - Ryan Leaf/Chargers 99 - Tim Couch/Browns, Cade McNown/Bears 2001 - Chad Pennington/Jets - Too many injuries thou solid when healthy 2002 - Michael Vick - Hawks
    Posted by quasi

I will ask again.....when are you hoping that the Pats use a pick on him?  1st round? 2nd Round? 4th Round?

You have no idea because it is not worth drafting a QB in early rounds when you have a franchise QB playing for the team in his prime.....

I am not down on Tebow, I can't see any possible way that he is playing on the Pats.  The Pats won't pick him in the 1st 2 rounds and he won't last more than 2 rounds.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

cus ppl hate the diamond in the rough, he will have the best rookie season bc so little is thought of him