Why do people respond to trolls?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Why do people respond to trolls?

Why don't the moderators ban these obvious trolls?

That's the better question. 

And no, they won't leave. They'll create some other stupid name and revolve their entire life around a messageboard of a team they are jealous of.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

No, I post in between work lulls.   Trolls like you are here all day and night and have absolutely no life.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

I like to throw actual facts at them and read their stupid replies.  My favorite targets are PhatRex, underdoggggg/Indylove and my new favorite target...MasterHess- aka Leon.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

In Response to Re: Why do people respond to trolls?:
    I like to throw actual facts at them and read their stupid replies.  My favorite targets are PhatRex, underdoggggg/Indylove and my new favorite target...MasterHess- aka Leon.
    Posted by Rodimus77

ugh it just encourages them.  it is funny when they act smug and sound really dumb tho

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In Response to Why do people respond to trolls?:
    just ignore them, they will leave.  we all know there is no getting into an intelligent discussion with them.  not to say their questions shouldnt be answered. but cmon 100-post threads are way too much.  they are only coming here to stir up trouble.  even tho most are from ny, i still assume that they would have something better to do with there time.  maybe we should start a troll blacklist in a topic or something so we can all just ignore them together.  one last q, does anyone here troll on other boards?  ive browsed ganggreen a few times, but never posted.  and i certainly wouldnt go in harrasing random people.  i mean damn, it took me 3 years to get to 200 posts as it is
    Posted by flutie66

No, judging by how many non-patriot fans are on this forum, I would think that no other team has a forum like this.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In real life it is sick to pick on the down and beaten, the less intelligent and make fun of the "slow folk".  Here, these trolls bring amusement in that they REALLY believe what they say is fact and supports all sorts of weird interpretations.

Rodimus.. to your comment about why fans for other teams are here so much...  it a chance for them to beat down the "king of the hill".  If such forums were in vogue back when the Packers, Cowboys, 49'ers, Steelers had their runs, they would be the focus of negativity like we see here.  For example, Steeler fans would never stop hearing about PEDs back then.  It goes with the territory called "jealousy".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

It's like that on any highly viewed, wide open board. If you go the ESPN NFL board for the Pats, for example, it's the same thing.

The troll work there is actually far, far worse.

ESPN gets national hits, obviously, while this board is for regional/Boston based fans.

But, for some reason, the typical trolls here have carte blance with spamming and ridiculous behavior that should not be accepted.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

it is fun making them look like bigger idiots than they really are.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In real life it is sick to pick on the down and beaten, the less intelligent and make fun of the "slow folk".  Here, these trolls bring amusement in that they REALLY believe what they say is fact and supports all sorts of weird interpretations. Rodimus.. to your comment about why fans for other teams are here so much...  it a chance for them to beat down the "king of the hill".  If such forums were in vogue back when the Packers, Cowboys, 49'ers, Steelers had their runs, they would be the focus of negativity like we see here.  For example, Steeler fans would never stop hearing about PEDs back then.  It goes with the territory called "jealousy".
    Posted by agcsbill

Imagine if the internet existed in 1989.  What would a SF 49ers board look like?  Hilarious to think about.

LA Rams, Giants, Redskins, and Cowboys fans would invadin it and be like our own Underoos, Leon/Hess, JimmyJack, RipFace, etc, here.

I get a kick out of the fans who pose as Pats fans to come in with a more subtle approach.  Then they get all defensive and act like they are a Pats fan.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from l52094. Show l52094's posts

It comes with the Pats success.  Bottom line is that the Buffalo Bills message board gets few to no trolls at all.

Trolls on this forum just means the Pats are still a very good team that is very relevant in today's NFL.  The day we have no trolls posting is the day the Pats record is very poor -- like the Bills.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

I have been advocating ignoring trolls for years.  I try to identify threads started by undercover trolls posing as Pats fans with a troll picture but people still reply to them.  The worst are the trolls who pretend to be Pats fans but come on here and say nothing but negative things about the team, like TexasPat.

What's funny is Russ replying to a troll on a thread begging people not to reply to trolls.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

Flutie didnt I just see you on MasterHess troll thread? So the better question is why do YOU respond to trolls and then turn around and ask us all why we do as well? Probably for the same reason you do, because other then trolls its mostly Pats fans on this board so I am guessing here but most people jump at the chance to talk with or fight with someone who does not share our love for the Pats. Because other wise its pretty much a bunch of people sitting here loving the Pats. Im not saying that right but that seems like the obvious reason for responding to trolls. Why do you do it?
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

like i said, its ok to answer a question, but when i thread gets that many posts its just stupid.  i guess youre right i did post right before i made this thread, but thats what got me thinking on it

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I have been advocating ignoring trolls for years.  I try to identify threads started by undercover trolls posing as Pats fans with a troll picture but people still reply to them.  The worst are the trolls who pretend to be Pats fans but come on here and say nothing but negative things about the team, like TexasPat. What's funny is Russ replying to a troll on a thread begging people not to reply to trolls.
    Posted by themightypatriotz

May I ask why that's funny?   You enjoy the troll work?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

Why don't the moderators ban these obvious trolls? That's the better question.  And no, they won't leave. They'll create some other stupid name and revolve their entire life around a messageboard of a team they are jealous of.
    Posted by BBReigns
    ..because you don't have the guts to do it yourself. I came on a while back as a curious reader to see what Patriot fans are thinking and was soon drawn in by the unending, monotonous droning of a certain boy-loving RustyGriswold. He's since been banned so many times (not by me..why would I remove the best part of this forum?) that he's morphed into at least 4 other characters. He is now BBReigns. The next time he'll be "ILoveTomBrady" since he practically cra#s his pants at the mere mention of his name. I have normal debates with nearly all the other regulars on this board, except ILTB. Leon/Master is a D-b#g who obviously is missing a chromosome. I saw yesterday where ILTB called m1020 a troll and told him to go away because he wouldn't accept his incessant ranting about run/pass ratios in the game plan. Is he? Not from the many postings I've seen over time. Just because he doesn't drink ILTB's kool-aid and DARES to counter his rantings, "you are a troll. Go away" 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Please stop saying you "have normal debates".   There is nothing "normal" about you.. Trust me. You are an arrogant Jets fan which means you are ABNORMAL.

You don't have any normal debates.    You are bored, have no life and hang out here to get attention as a loser Jets fan.

You have small wee-wee syndrome and are a completely pathetic Jets fan who probably has a signed Fireman Ed helmet that you wear during games, either at Giants Stadium or at home with mommy.

I can only imagine your insecure behavior in front of Giants fans.  You are a joke.
    In the end, you are nothing more than an insecure Jets fan, who may or may not be this MAster Hess toolbag with a multiple personality disorder, and in training to be the next Dahmer.

NEWSFLASH:  We do not like obnoxious people from NY, especially arrogant toads who tag along on a Pats board, flat out jealous of what NE has accomplished.

Go back down the highway and stay there.

Thanks,

ALL PATS FANS

PS The question remains: Why do Jets fans, Colts fans, Dolphins fans, etc, basically any fan of another team post here and for what purpose?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Huggybear999. Show Huggybear999's posts

In Response to Re: Why do people respond to trolls? : ..because you don't have the guts to do it yourself. I came on a while back as a curious reader to see what Patriot fans are thinking and was soon drawn in by the unending, monotonous droning of a certain boy-loving RustyGriswold. He's since been banned so many times (not by me..why would I remove the best part of this forum?) that he's morphed into at least 4 other characters. He is now BBReigns. The next time he'll be "ILoveTomBrady" since he practically cra#s his pants at the mere mention of his name. I have normal debates with nearly all the other regulars on this board, except ILTB. Leon/Master is a D-b#g who obviously is missing a chromosome. I saw yesterday where ILTB called m1020 a troll and told him to go away because he wouldn't accept his incessant ranting about run/pass ratios in the game plan. Is he? Not from the many postings I've seen over time. Just because he doesn't drink ILTB's kool-aid and DARES to counter his rantings, "you are a troll. Go away" 
    Posted by RipFace

You wanna know the real funny part. Leon is really a pats fan and I would say Jerry Springer / Stomper as well as about a dozen other personalities. You'd think for regulars these guys would pick up on that but they still argue with him like he is a real Jets fan. I don't know whether he's missing a chromosone but this guy is either retired or he is confined to a wheel chair for life because that's all he does is post under his multitudes of profiles. Also I'm pretty sure he's the one that kept getting Rusty banned because he's very familiar with the process and capable of reporting under 15 different names.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

Please stop saying you "have normal debates".   There is nothing "normal" about you.. Trust me. You are an arrogant Jets fan which means you are ABNORMAL. You don't have any normal debates.    You are bored, have no life and hang out here to get attention as a loser Jets fan. You have small wee-wee syndrome and are completely pathetic Jets fan who probably has a signed Fireman Ed helmet that you wear during games, either at Giants Stadium or at home with mommy. You are an insecure Jets fan, who may or may not be this MAster Hess toolbag with a multiple personality disorder, and in training to be the next Dahmer. NEWSFLASH:  We do not like obnoxious people from NY, especially arrogant toads who tag along on a Pats board, flat out jealous of what NE has accomplished. Go back down the highway and stay there. Thanks, ALL PATS FANS
    Posted by BBReigns
    ...aww, you hurt my little feelings ILTB. I guess all you want is your little lemmings to parrot you word for word and not give ANY opposing ideas. Great. Live in your fantasy world. Tell m1020 and the others you've insulted, degraded and just plain alienated to do the same. And I am surprised it took you so long to use your buzz-word "insecure" What's going on? Getting a little tired of using the same word over and over and over again?If you don't me being here ILTB, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!! Don't posture here and make yourself all high and mighty for your fans, ACT. Thanks, normal people

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Why do people respond to trolls? : You wanna know the real funny part. Leon is really a pats fan and I would say Jerry Springer / Stomper as well as about a dozen other personalities. You'd think for regulars these guys would pick up on that but they still argue with him like he is a real Jets fan. I don't know whether he's missing a chromosone but this guy is either retired or he is confined to a wheel chair for life because that's all he does is post under his multitudes of profiles. Also I'm pretty sure he's the one that kept getting Rusty banned because he's very familiar with the process and capable of reporting under 15 different names.
    Posted by Huggybear999

Ummmm . . .  Sybil . . .

you've already admitted that this bit is you, as well.

It's almost physically painful to contemplate how empty your life must be.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

You clearly have no life, though. You are Jets fan who simply scans threads to see what kind of commentary you can add into the discussion.  LOSER Point to one "discussion" that you have contributed to.  You can't do it, "RipFace". Funny how whenever I ask for trolls like you to prove something, you run away like little toolchest, inadequate and exposed.
    Posted by BBReigns
    .. If I see a Jet's related posting, I may or may not add to it, depending on the conversation. You even added to my commentary about the PI call in the Denver game. You (and a few others) say it way a "gift call" while 98% of others called it flat out PI on Denver. I did contribute to the "Name your favorite player" thread and also the "so and so is killed by a Zombie" For you, I find great amusement (as I am doing now) in getting you all riled up. Your idea of debate is "Boy you are smart Rusty. I agree Rusty. You know everything Rusty" Anytime you get a differing opinion (even from other Patriot fans) you talk down, insult and dismiss them. As of others, you can go and look yourself for them.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Flat out wrong.   Funny how you ignore a difference of opinion with the insitgator many times being the other person.   If I disagree, I say why and use actual fact with data to support why I form the opinion I do.

You are as bad as poseur Pats fans, who are essentially trolls.  He thinks Bill O'brien is fantastic and beyond reproach. I don't. I think O'Brien has a lot to prove, and apparently, I am not alone.

That Mt214stool character insitigated the whole deal when I laid out a very clear premise about Bill O'Brien, the run game and using hard data to support my opinion.

He countered with condescending commentary and scurried away.    Why couldn't say "I see your point and here's why I disagree"..? Didn't happen.

If you aren't going to bring fact into a disagreement, you are a troll. Pretty simple.

You are a Jets fan who has never seen a title and feels inadequate about what NE might do during your Paper Tiger SB season, so that is why you scan threads here.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Responding to those who are here for the sole purpose of disrupting and annoying dignifies their presence.  I see no useful purpose in such and exercise.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

I've said this for a couple of years now:

When we respond to trolls in a thread, they stop creating new ones.

When we don't respond, they fill these boards with their drivel.  And mods won't ban them except for a few major violations.

One of those is plagiarism, which got Leon in some trouble a while back.  You guys should check out the Jets boards sometime...then come back and look at Leon's posts.  At times they're identical. He still does it now, but moves his words around enough to get away with it. 

He lifts them from other people.  Actually, he's been better about it lately, but this is his schtick.  He got reported a year or so ago by a few of us and was MIA for a bit.

Anyhow, that's why I will occasionally respond.  I only do it when the trolls are trying to fill the boards with stupid threads.  Watch it happen.

Sections
Shortcuts