Why do people still question BB?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from HipHopHooray. Show HipHopHooray's posts

Why do people still question BB?

It seems like after every move the Patriots make personell wise, there is always someone there to say "what is he thinking? has he gone mad? is he brain dead? what a stupid move!" When it has been proven time in time again that Bill knows what he is doing. Look at some of the moves people questioned this year:

Trading Matt Cassel and Mike Vrabel to Chiefs for a second round pick. Most people though that this was highway robbery by KC, but what is the result now, Cassel hasn't played a solid game so far, Vrabel looks slow and old and the Chiefs are 1-5.

Trading Richard Seymour to the Raiders for a 2011 first round draft pick. People freaked out when they heard this trade was made. They couldn't believe it. They thought that they traded away one of the few defensive leaders on the team would lead to the collapase of the D. What was the result? The defense is the best its been in the past few years and they get a draft pick to either trade with or get some fresh young talent.

Letting players like Rodney Harrison, Tedy Bruschi, etc. leave. Some of the loses were bigger than others. But Bill new it was time to get younger and faster and it looks as if it had paid off right now.

Sure there were some misfires this offseason (Joey Galloway, Greg Lewis, Alex Smith) but Look at the draft this year and you'll see some players already making an impact (Julian Edelman, Darius Butler, Sebastian Vollmer). So next time you think old Billo is off his rocker you better look at the facts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Why do people still question BB?

HipHop...   it's the nature of the fan.  There are some who think they know better, some who think the Pats should make moves at all costs, others who cling to the old guard and don't want to let go and the "chicken littles" of the world in which everything is going to hell in a hand basket.  There is a reason why BB is in the position he is and why fans are fans.  Make for interesting debate, doesn't it?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

Clearly he's gone blind too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

As I've said a number of times, speculating on this board as a fan is part of the entertainment of football.  As you pointed out, BB gets a lot of decisions right, but he does misfire as well.  No coach gets all of the decisions right.  Therein lies the wiggle room us fans need to begin speculating.   Speculating on who will be a hit or a misfire is just what us fans do.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

To trade a seventh round pick and a LB two years away from retirement is just plain smart. Trade  of Seymour means we get a high first for a player we would have lost to free agency (Fork, Mankins et al)anyway. The changing of the guard was hard for many stomach, but it had to happen eventually and Belichick had to find out what he had on D. Signing Bodden also a good idea to go along with a decent draft. Belichick does not have a perfect track record, but he is alot closer than anyone else nearly all of the time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

It's simple human nature.

We come in here to entertain each other and be entertained, and one of the ways we do that is by pretending we know more -- or perhaps have a different perspective. It's fun to wonder "what if?" and while many of us may sometimes wonder what is going on inside Belichick's head, I would be very surprised if anyone --ANYONE -- who visits this board regularly could name an NFL coach they would rather have running their team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: Why do people still question BB?:
    ...I would be very surprised if anyone -- ANYONE -- who visits this board regularly could name an NFL coach they would rather have running their team.
    Posted by prairiemike

I assume you are excluding Leon lol.  Leon spends more time here than a lot of the fans.  I want to say Underdog as well but I refuse to put any normal person in the same sentence as Leon.  

BTW, I have to bow down and give you 3 "I'm not worthy" chants.  You were sure right about the Titans.  I figured they would be fighting for their lives.  I knew we would win, but wow.  You nailed them pretty good.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I appreciate that, C, but it's a hollow victory after having been so wrong about the Broncos.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Achainsaw. Show Achainsaw's posts

For the most part I think you are right. But I do question one thing and have since the beginning of 2007. Why in the world is Dan Pees the Defensive Coordinator?!?  Really? What is that all about? This defense has played below its capability 2plus years and how long does it take to figure out on 3rd down and 4, if the corners are lined up 8 yards off the line of scrimmage, you're gonna give up a first down? Its frustrating to watch, almost as frustrating as listening to Phil Simms contadict himself a half dozen times each game. The Pats are the only team in the NFL that appears willing to concede 4-7 yard pass plays without contention. Look at the Denver game as the most recent example. Can anyone tell me what the h e l l they were doing?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

Hey seattlmaslow....
    who is the blond woman with BB in your post?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Hey seattlmaslow.... who is the blond woman with BB in your post?
    Posted by boomerst3

Coach loves the ladies. That's Linda Holliday, his girly or fiance.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

How can anyone not doubt Belichick right now? He just cut his best pass rusher. Every time the Pats are about to get a sack I always hear either TBC or Mikey. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

It's a media thing. We know his persona, and public image. Our realistic feelings for him are filtered through the media, not the individual. 

I just know I like the way he's works. He's been in the football business all his life and you can tell just by looking at him that he is fully engaged and focused on his work. That's a very good thing. The Kraft family appears to hire people who like their jobs. Which is another a very good thing, a wining combination.      

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

And now we have another reason why us fans speculate and question things.  How many fans said Galloway was no good and needed to go?  How many other fans responded with the usual "you think you know better than BB...." response?  While none of us should be expecting a call from the Pats to join their staff as talent evaluators, sometimes, just sometimes, the fans are right and the Pats are wrong.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Why do people still question BB?:
    It seems like after every move the Patriots make personell wise, there is always someone there to say "what is he thinking? has he gone mad? is he brain dead? what a stupid move!" When it has been proven time in time again that Bill knows what he is doing. Look at some of the moves people questioned this year: Trading Matt Cassel and Mike Vrabel to Chiefs for a second round pick . Most people though that this was highway robbery by KC, but what is the result now, Cassel hasn't played a solid game so far, Vrabel looks slow and old and the Chiefs are 1-5. Trading Richard Seymour to the Raiders for a 2011 first round draft pick . People freaked out when they heard this trade was made. They couldn't believe it. They thought that they traded away one of the few defensive leaders on the team would lead to the collapase of the D. What was the result? The defense is the best its been in the past few years and they get a draft pick to either trade with or get some fresh young talent. Letting players like Rodney Harrison, Tedy Bruschi, etc. leave. Some of the loses were bigger than others. But Bill new it was time to get younger and faster and it looks as if it had paid off right now. Sure there were some misfires this offseason ( Jo ey Galloway, Greg Lewis, Alex Smith ) but Look at the draft this year and you'll see some players already making an impact ( Julian Edelman, Darius Butler, Sebastian Vollmer ). So next time you think old Billo is off his rocker you better look at the facts.
    Posted by HipHopHooray

Because he is not a football "god" that people make him out to be (nor is he a villian that other says that he is). Besides, if we didn't raise questions - what would we have to talk about?  LOL :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Clearly he's gone blind too.
    Posted by seattlemaslow

lmao. Who is the woman, anyway?

It would have been funnier if his eyes were looking at her azz or boobies (can we say that word?).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

She's BB's girlfriend, also rumored to be his fiance. I saw her up close and personal in SF last year (she's in the background of my pic with BB) and she is indeed an attractive woman.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

With what he's done for the organisation the only question any of us should be asking BB is "May I have your autograph Mr. Belichick?" We are now an annual powerhouse instead of once in a decade contender. Debating his moves can be quite entertaining though.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I guess we can close down the forum and all go back to doing real productive things.  Nobody can question anything BB does anymore.  Just like that, there's no longer anything to talk about.

I'll just repeat over and over that it's fair to assume that the worst coach in the NFL knows more than us fans.  That does not mean we can't question anything.  The best coach in the NFL (BB) does absolutely make mistakes.  He just makes fewer than the other coaches overall.  Trying to guess what the hits and misses are is what you call entertainment.  In fact, this board is part of the overall entertainment that is football.  I'm not qualified to be President of the USA but I still vote, and I still argue politics at the office.  I suspect other people not qualified to be Prez vote too.  So no, I'm not qualified to criticize BB on anything.  Yes, I will still debate and discuss his moves.  Talk about killjoys...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Why do people still question BB?:
    [QUOTE]It seems like after every move the Patriots make personell wise, there is always someone there to say "what is he thinking? has he gone mad? is he brain dead? what a stupid move!" When it has been proven time in time again that Bill knows what he is doing.

Face it man! He would be lost with out us. I know for a fact the BB checks out these posts everyday for guidance and inspiration. You mark my words, this week, because of the out standing guidance of Grogan77, BB will NOT run up the score.

Man he is lucky we are here

Sections
Shortcuts