Why do replay if you can't make the correct call?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwtime. Show dwtime's posts

Why do replay if you can't make the correct call?

Maroney's whole body is across the line and the ball drops on the line?  TD has to be the only call.  Once again the refs job the Pats......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: Why do replay if you can't make the correct call?

Instant replay doesn't solve anything.

You've still got bonehead officials deciding what is "inconclusive evidence" and what is not.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikec645. Show mikec645's posts

as much as I hated that call i understand that they couldn't see when he lost control of the ball, just because it fell on the line doesn't mean thats where he lost control of it.  what they really need is to make sure they have more camera angles available so they can be sure to get things right

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Blind squirrels can find more acorns than an NFL official......that was a freakin' TD.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

There is no doubt in my mind that it was a TD BUT the ref's simply can NOT overturn that call based on the replay available. As a ref you are suppose to call ONLY what you see.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I thought the play was over when he got into the endzone- but no call.  Then I thought it was over for forward progress since he was at a standstill for 5 seconds- but no call.  Apparently the play is not over until Maroney fumbles.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

The whole concept of replay is wrong. If there is any question a player fumbled the ball the officials are told to let the play go. The problem is, you then need conclusive video evidence to overturn the call. Clearly Maroney was in the end zone when he lost the ball. The ball dropped straight down. But the officials arre told to let the play go.

Sections
Shortcuts