Why do we feed trolls?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Why do we feed trolls?

In response to TripleOG's comment:

This. Lots of good posters have fled due to this maniac. Its basically only the folks like me, hurl, babe,etc that still come here to smack rusty around. Thats the only way to interact on this board. Either deal with Rusty or leave. I like the forum so I choose to deal with him and also because I refuse to give him what he wants. A board of followers, little rusty minions who dont konw chit about football who worship his every word. Just 2 years ago he still had a good following, but things change. Fans get more educated, they see the patterns and leave in embaressment after they realized they were praising a madman. Every time rusty gets banned, its gets worse for him. Used to be an intervention thread after every ban with a few people having his back saying "rusty is smart, he knows football , but just doesnt respect others opinion"  and now, no more intervention threads. Folks just pray he doesnt return. Once he started going at Wozzy, a guy who had his back for the most part and who I actually thought was a fake account has turned on him and redsoxfan has bailed out. GlenR is seldom here. Anyone agreeing now is just a cloned account. I mean the guy pops in and out under different accounts in ONE day. How are we supposed to know who he is and when someone is making fun of him with a made up account?  Its never going to end

Yep, this pretty much sums it all up!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

The guy is a nutjob.

He never criticizes the play of anybody but Brady. It just doesn't get any crazier than that on a sports board.

He boasts about his college degree and his 150 IQ, but then boasts that he is a "salesman". No offense to sales people, but that isn't exactly a "think tank" job. LMAO

He constantly pries into posters personal lives for details to try and use that against them regarding football talk. Madman.

He thinks people are "following him around", yet he posts insanity on every thread and invariably turns it into a Brady bashing exercise that people simply bludgeon him for. Delusional.

Everybody from Goodell to Brady to the damned water boy has some conspiracy going against BB in his crackpot mind.

He gets banned over and over and over but comes back in 5 minutes and demands the mods go get "the real trolls". He suffers from the same issue OJ does apparently.

I will make a confession. My recent "retirement" had a dual purpose. I knew if I was gone for a while or at least much less active the absence of the interference I run against this goofball would expose some here to his insanity much more and conflict would be inevitable. And sure enough well regarded posters like TFB12 zbellino and wozzy were soon on his list because they stood up to his idiocy.

Having this guy here is like having a dose of the clap. Break out the penicillin!

And if TripleOG's post missed something, this one pretty much covers it too.

I think the worst thing Rusty does is call names.  Even to people who aren't even attacking him.  If they post something he doesn't agree with he calls them names, regardless of who they are. 

He makes fun of peoples jobs.  I don't get it, why is that such a big deal to him.  He is a telephone sales person at a drug company.  He makes phone calls all day long.  I feel bad for those people who pick up his phone calls.  Wonder how many of those people get called names.

People who do not live in Massachusetts can not be Patriot fans according to him.  Yet he lives in Carolina?? LOL!!  And just yesterday or the day before he was making fun of someone who lives in Massachusetts telling that person he has probably never lived away from Massachusetts and then went on to tell this person all the places he has lived.

And then just last night didn't Rusty post that the Offenses problem isn't so much about the shotgun offense as it is about ball control and taking time off the clock.  This is after he has spent months bashing TB and the shotgun offense even say TB overrides BB and runs it on his own.

I mean, seriously.. This guy is a solid nut case. Wish he would make an exit from this place. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

Maybe Rusty just has a Napoleon complex?

Interesting fact, Napoteon was actually 5'7" which for his day was average height

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

I think the worst thing Rusty does is call names.  Even to people who aren't even attacking him.  If they post something he doesn't agree with he calls them names, regardless of who they are. 

He makes fun of peoples jobs.  I don't get it, why is that such a big deal to him.  He is a telephone sales person at a drug company.  He makes phone calls all day long.  I feel bad for those people who pick up his phone calls.  Wonder how many of those people get called names.

This doesn't bother me at all.  I couldn't care less what he calls me.  The only problem I really have with him is that he is a stone cold liar.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

This doesn't bother me at all.  I couldn't care less what he calls me.  The only problem I really have with him is that he is a stone cold liar.

don't forget he derails threads. Nothing worse than having a good thread going only to see it explode into a useless pyramid of insults and lies

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Interesting fact, Napoteon was actually 5'7" which for his day was average height

i thought he was 5 2'

guess maybe we shouldn't call it the "Napolean Complex" anymore-gotta pick someone shorter!

how about the "Billy Barty Complex"? or Herve Villachez?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

I have GREAT social skills, actually. Most of my friends are older than I am. I don't know too many well rounded individuals who aren't socially affable. I can talk about anything at any time. I am well educated, well read and enoy having a good time in any situation. I can hang with wealthy people or Johnny Redneck just as easily. I don't like most Millennials or trolls who troll our boards, yes.

This is gold, pure gold I tell you.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Actual posting:

I have no social skills, actually. My friends don't exist. I don't know too many well rounded individuals. I can lie about anything at any time. In my mind, I am well educated, well read and enjoy arguing in any situation. I can annoy wealthy people or Johnny Redneck just as easily. I don't like being proven wrong.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Yeah i just read that too. Kinda ruins the fun of Napoleon huh? He sounds better as a little guy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

In response to soxrockursox's comment:

I was here a few years ago under a different name and left cause it was getting bad and alot sided with rusty back then,now being back a few months I see he just turned on everyone here and everything .Now all you see is even if the thread isnt about brady,BB ,he comes in to bash Brady at every chance he gets.

This. Lots of good posters have fled due to this maniac. Its basically only the folks like me, hurl, babe,etc that still come here to smack rusty around. Thats the only way to interact on this board. Either deal with Rusty or leave. I like the forum so I choose to deal with him and also because I refuse to give him what he wants. A board of followers, little rusty minions who dont konw chit about football who worship his every word. Just 2 years ago he still had a good following, but things change. Fans get more educated, they see the patterns and leave in embaressment after they realized they were praising a madman. Every time rusty gets banned, its gets worse for him. Used to be an intervention thread after every ban with a few people having his back saying "rusty is smart, he knows football , but just doesnt respect others opinion"  and now, no more intervention threads. Folks just pray he doesnt return. Once he started going at Wozzy, a guy who had his back for the most part and who I actually thought was a fake account has turned on him and redsoxfan has bailed out. GlenR is seldom here. Anyone agreeing now is just a cloned account. I mean the guy pops in and out under different accounts in ONE day. How are we supposed to know who he is and when someone is making fun of him with a made up account?  Its never going to end

The guy is a nutjob.

He never criticizes the play of anybody but Brady. It just doesn't get any crazier than that on a sports board.

He boasts about his college degree and his 150 IQ, but then boasts that he is a "salesman". No offense to sales people, but that isn't exactly a "think tank" job. LMAO

He constantly pries into posters personal lives for details to try and use that against them regarding football talk. Madman.

He thinks people are "following him around", yet he posts insanity on every thread and invariably turns it into a Brady bashing exercise that people simply bludgeon him for. Delusional.

Everybody from Goodell to Brady to the damned water boy has some conspiracy going against BB in his crackpot mind.

He gets banned over and over and over but comes back in 5 minutes and demands the mods go get "the real trolls". He suffers from the same issue OJ does apparently.

I will make a confession. My recent "retirement" had a dual purpose. I knew if I was gone for a while or at least much less active the absence of the interference I run against this goofball would expose some here to his insanity much more and conflict would be inevitable. And sure enough well regarded posters like TFB12 zbellino and wozzy were soon on his list because they stood up to his idiocy.

Having this guy here is like having a dose of the clap. Break out the penicillin!

Hell, Im in sales and I work with a guy who's IQ is 7. Makes my 24 look pretty damn good!! :)

I live a purty simpul life up hear in Maine. Jest mee and mi shotgunn, mi kofee Brandee and mi ol lady and 9 keds. O n mi dog...buckshot.

:):):) 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Actual posting:

I have no social skills, actually. My friends don't exist. I don't know too many well rounded individuals. I can lie about anything at any time. In my mind, I am well educated, well read and enjoy arguing in any situation. I can annoy wealthy people or Johnny Redneck just as easily. I don't like being proven wrong.

OK.  I really don't like to pile on Rusty as some posters do but I have to admit this is funny and pretty much accurate.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Yeah i just read that too. Kinda ruins the fun of Napoleon huh? He sounds better as a little guy.

I thought this was Cap'n Crunch at first.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Actual posting:

^THIS.....too funny.  This has got to go on PMike's quote list....lol

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

i thought he was 5 2'

guess maybe we shouldn't call it the "Napolean Complex" anymore-gotta pick someone shorter!

how about the "Billy Barty Complex"? or Herve Villachez?

Bridget the Midget Complex?

Tom Thumb Complex?

jeez now we are getting REAL small!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Because they are starving for attention, people feel sorry for them

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Well, according to Rusty, just about everyone else who posts here is a troll. And according to just about everyone else who posts here, Rusty is a troll. That makes just about everyone who posts here a troll to someone else who posts here. Its a little like the Star Bellied Sneetches complex...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

Well, according to Rusty, just about everyone else who posts here is a troll. And according to just about everyone else who posts here, Rusty is a troll. That makes just about everyone who posts here a troll to someone else who posts here. Its a little like the Star Bellied Sneetches complex...

Now this is as close to the truth as I've read so far.

Some people actually like engaging with the trolls.  Now,  I'm not one of them but there are posters who just can't help themselves.  

Just like there are people who can't help themselves from trolling, there are the ones who can't help themselves from responding to them and I think we've all been guilty of that at one time or another.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

But I don't think you are a troll. Maybe a gnome but not a troll.... Actually.... you're an elf now go make me some cookies and milk

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

not bad tfb but u forgot a few things:

1. "I am the Greatest" written on the mirror

2. Bill Bellichick life-sized statue

3. a photo of his fictional gay sister

4. his collection of "I BLAME TOM BRADY" bumper stickers

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Bustchise's comment:

As usual, very insightful.  

I am impressed that despite the complexity of that being beyond your comprehension level that you were still willing to grapple with it and try to understand.

Sections
Shortcuts