Why does BB forgive Brady's interceptions but bench Ridley for fumbling?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Why does BB forgive Brady's interceptions but bench Ridley for fumbling?

Interesting question, huh? Why the apparent double standard? 

I have my theories, but I'll let others answer first.  One hint:  I think it's more about offensive strategy and what the running and passing games are supposed to do in that strategy than it is about the players.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Re: Why does BB forgive Brady's interceptions but bench Ridley for fumbling?

the answer is so obvious, I don't know why i'm posting.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

why?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have my theories, but I'll let others answer first.  One hint:  I think it's more about offensive strategy and what the running and passing games are supposed to do in that strategy than it is about the players.

[/QUOTE]

Not really. An intercepted ball is not always the fault of the quarterback. Are you suggesting that the next time Brady throws an interception Mallett should come in?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not really. An intercepted ball is not always the fault of the quarterback. Are you suggesting that the next time Brady throws an interception Mallett should come in?

[/QUOTE]

of course not--if anything, I think BB is a bit too hard on his running backs! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

do tell . . .

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Maybe, but there is a big difference between  1 rb in a stable of backs vs a HOF, franchise QB. Not really a fair comparison prolate. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

Because QB is too critical a position to replace?

Because the gulf in talent between Brady and the next best option is enormous?

Because it's all the RBs have similar talent and easier to play the hot hand?

Because we don't pay RBs crap anyway and who cares if their feelings get hurt?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

"Hi!"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to NEGAME2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

do tell . . .

[/QUOTE]

Because Brady has one of the lowest interception rates in the NFL.  Any backup QB who comes in will throw interceptions at a higher rate than Brady.

Ridley has an above average fumbling rate compared to other NFL running backs.  Any backup RB will likely fumble at a lower rate than Ridley.

Brady's interceptions seldom are the result of carelessness; almost all of Ridley's fumbles ARE (usually, his maddening tendency to spin in heavy traffic).

BB hates turnovers, and will bring the hammer down when a turnover is caused by carelessness.  That doesn't mean he has a zero tolerance policy though; he understands some will happen.  There is, after all, another team on the field and they're trying to make plays too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Maybe, but there is a big difference between  1 rb in a stable of backs vs a HOF, franchise QB. Not really a fair comparison prolate. 

[/QUOTE]

remember, i said i don't think it has much to do with the players.  i think it's about strategy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

remember, i said i don't think it has much to do with the players.  i think it's about strategy.

[/QUOTE]

I agree that it's strategy.

Here's the strategy:  Win the game

How to win the game?  Don't bench your Hall of Fame quarterback.  Ever.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This is the stupidest thing ever asked. Ever

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

When Ridley produces 4000 - 5000 yards of offense in a season like Brady does, BB may overlook his turnovers.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Do any of you think carrying the football in your hands is a more secure situation than, oh I don't know, throwing it through the air? LMAO

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Training from his days with the G-Men....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

Posers, rather than try to start shat.....try comparing turn overs to touches.....Dumb as s...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Classic 'nothing going on in the NFL' thread.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

Brady has embarassing photos of BB?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

If benched, Brady has threatened to hold his breath until he is blue in the face beyond the point of return?? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

Brady will stop inviting BB to dinner with him and Giselle???

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Cause the paramount job of a RB is ball security. There re times a QB has to force one due to game situation like the end of the game or being behind. The RB if he can't get yards should go down but maintain the ball. If I had to guess your theory is that to BB running isn't as important of a part of the offense, just a compliment. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Geez Pro, I thought that this was a Rusty post!  I'm surprised at the question.  The QB has many  responsibilities.  An interception could happen a number of ways.  Ball being tipped, WR running the wrong route or simply not holding on to the ball.  Comparing a RB duties to a QB's is apples and oranges.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

A) Tom is the best player on the team

B) Fumbling is much more avoidable than throwing INTs.  Some fumbles are great defensive plays, but most are the result of poor ball security which is something the player can control entirely.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Babe is on the right track,as is Philski. The real reason I believe is because running the ball is a low reward play that makes sense only if it's also low risk.  Fumbling on running plays destroys the strategic advantages of running because it turns it into a high risk play.  Passing is always riskier, but it's also high reward.  Interceptions aren't good, but given the rewards of passing they are a tolerable risk.  Given the lower rewards of running, fumbles are an intolerable risk.

Sections
Shortcuts