Why does Belichick keep playing Maroney???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jraj7927. Show jraj7927's posts

Why does Belichick keep playing Maroney???

Maroney would be a lot better utilized playing special teams and returning the ball then running it as a back and just waste plays. Whatever happened to Jarvis-Green Ellis? He was pretty good.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Why does Belichick keep playing Maroney???

I'll bet your coworkers are wondering the same thing about you...  get back to filing TPS reports.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Who else they got? Taylor out for the year, and Morris is hurt. Interesting to see what happens at the end of this season when Maroneys contract is up for renewal as his expires after the 2010 season...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

I want to respond with something witty, but when you read the question you get lost for words!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

I wish they would throw more to LM and get him out in space. BJGE is a short yardage bulldozer and has hands of stone. KF is an all-pro 3rd down back. So what we have is a three headed run by committee monster.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Because he has too. The question is why they don't run the law firm more. They already have one of the best 3rd down backs out of the backfield with Faulk so all you can do is keep pounding it to him and hope he can do it until Morris gets back. It's always been a pass first team so he may not get the run blocking all the time but he really hasn't produced like he should have.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

BJGE was only 'really good' in the minds of the people on this board. He had one good game against the worst rush defense in 2008, in a game where one other back had over 100 and another almost had 100.

He is a backup. A safety net if everyone else is injured. If he had the ball every time, he would have an average in the mid threes.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: Why does Belichick keep playing Maroney???:
    BJGE was only 'really good' in the minds of the people on this board. He had one good game against the worst rush defense in 2008, in a game where one other back had over 100 and another almost had 100. He is a backup. A safety net if everyone else is injured. If he had the ball every time, he would have an average in the mid threes.
    Posted by zbellino

BJGE also can't catch the ball and isn't a good pass blocker.  He's a one-dimensional back.  Good downhill, but not good at much else.  

I was all over Maroney and his dancing early in the year, but I actually think he's been running quite well the past four or five games.  I'm feeling much better about him now than I was four weeks into the season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

because he has no other options.  maroney is the best weve got right now, not to mention he has been playing much better as of late.  im amazed at how easily people on these boards become attached to unproven players (nunn, BJGE).

maroney is playing well right now.  this is a pass first team, and as long as we have TB that will not change.  with TB on the feild its hard for a running back to really shine, but hes done a good job picking up tough yardage.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Z are you going to the game? and what is up with Les?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Seriously, the BJGE fascination has gotten out of hand.  He's a decent roster depth player, and nothing more.  I like him and think he's a good guy to have on your team, but Maroney is 10 times more talented and that is why he plays game after game over BJGE.  If Green-Ellis was really better do you think BB would keep sitting him in favor of Maroney?

I love this board but sometimes there are players that just get so over hyped you would think they are future Hall of Famers (BJGE, Terrence Nunn).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

Maroney seems to be finally hitting the hole with some authority. Unfortunately, it appears that the hole is not always there anymore. I can't say for sure, but it appears that our O-line is not making room for our runners like it used to.

Sections
Shortcuts