Why does everybody underrate the Hated Steelers?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Benkarkis. Show Benkarkis's posts

Why does everybody underrate the Hated Steelers?

The reality is  == The Patriots are not there yet.  They need more play makers especially on defense.  They need leadership on Defense.  That's the reality.

Brady had to play like god this year. If he has one mediocre day they are screwed.

The Jets have equal or better talent than the Patriots except at QB.  Sanchez is 4  - 2 Brady is 0 -3.

I predicted the Packers (yes it's true at the start of the playoffs)  yet the Steelers are coming on strong and GB lost 2 DBs.

Don't under estimate Big Ben.
      They have RESTOCKED through the Draft a heckuva lot better than the Patriots.
    I cannont believe I am saying these things.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: Why does everybody underrate the Hated Steelers?

what's the purpose of this thread? to bash the Patriots?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Why does everybody underrate the Hated Steelers?:
    The reality is  == The Patriots are not there yet.  They need more play makers especially on defense.  They need leadership on Defense.  That's the reality. Brady had to play like god this year. If he has one mediocre day they are screwed. The Jets have equal or better talent than the Patriots except at QB.  Sanchez is 4  - 2 Brady is 0 -3. I predicted the Packers (yes it's true at the start of the playoffs)  yet the Steelers are coming on strong and GB lost 2 DBs. Don't under estimate Big Ben.   They have RESTOCKED through the Draft a heckuva lot better than the Patriots. I cannont believe I am saying these things.
    Posted by Benkarkis

Who is everybody? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Benkarkis. Show Benkarkis's posts

I think the purpose is to deal in reality and not homerism.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

If you're looking to avoid homerism then why don't you mention how the Jets won't be able to bring back 60% of their FA's?  Or that the Pats will be adding 2 playmakers with Bodden and Warren coming back from IR?

Also, the Pat's are following the Steelers road map for restocking through the draft, we're just a year behind.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leonard15. Show Leonard15's posts

Actually the Steelers secondary sucks almost as bad as the Pats with the only exception that they have Troy back there. The Steelers corners really sucked tonight as they were letting Green Bay receivers run open all game long and the score could of been much worse if it wasn't for all the dropped balls.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

What is the point of your post?  Makes no sense whatsoever.  I do not recall anyone under rating the Steelers. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

The reality is  == The Patriots are not there yet.  They need more play makers especially on defense.  They need leadership on Defense.  That's the reality. Brady had to play like god this year. If he has one mediocre day they are screwed. The Jets have equal or better talent than the Patriots except at QB.  Sanchez is 4  - 2 Brady is 0 -3. I predicted the Packers (yes it's true at the start of the playoffs)  yet the Steelers are coming on strong and GB lost 2 DBs. Don't under estimate Big Ben.   They have RESTOCKED through the Draft a heckuva lot better than the Patriots. I cannont believe I am saying these things.
    Posted by Benkarkis

So, the 14-2 best record in the NFL is wiped out by a playoff loss?  Or the fact that we started ROOKIES at so many positions, or second year players, but the STEELERS have restocked better than we did?  Seems like if you didn't get the result you wanted, you ignore what happened and just say the two best teams are the final two.  But we BEAT the Steelers, didn't we?  Do you think we would have lost to that mess we just saw?  I don't think so.  I think the rest of us here can not believe you are saying these things, either.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Posted by Benkarkis

neither can i.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

Wow this  thread made me laugh hard! That game shouldn't have been that close, if you were watching  the game  goodells storm troopers (refs)keep it close with bad calls too shift momentum to pitt,and if you dont think so look at the  fumble gb player recover from his own teammate and it was called incomplete! it sure looked like the receiver made a football move like stated in nfl rule book too me!
          What about the  facemask call that put pitt on the 50 too start the drive.Just another phantom call,helen keller  wouldn't call that a facemask!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mar10. Show mar10's posts

How many playoff teams did Pitt beat in the regular season?

Answer 2.

And you wonder why they don't get respect!

They wouldn't even be in Dallas if not for the Jets knocking off the Pats.  The Steelers know it, the Pats know it, and so does any other nonbiased football fan.  And I dont mean just Pats fans!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nZone. Show nZone's posts

Why? Because the Steelers dodged a bullet to get to the Super Bowl.  It's not their fault but it is what it is.  The Jets doesn't build to beat anybody besides the Patriots.... 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

I think the Steelers don't get as much respect from Pats fans comes from the fact that the Pats are 6-2 against them since 2001, 6-1 with Brady as QB. The Steelers are a good match up for the Pats.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pogeyjoe. Show pogeyjoe's posts

You should not over estimate Big Ben.

Don't think he had a very good game last night.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I think the purpose is to deal in reality and not homerism."

OK, some reality: Ben didn't play well last night. He's not exacltly a cerebral quarterback. Why are you underestimating the Packers? 

The Pats have a lot of problems but the Steelers aren't one of them. Please provide an example of the Steelers beating the Pats in a big game. 

(crickets chirping)

I hear Big Ben jerseys are on sale, go get yourself one. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrick69. Show patrick69's posts

The bottom line is that the Patriots will not see another Superbowl win until they aquire  DEFENSE THAT CAN WIN GAMES WHEN THE OFFENSE IS PLAYING AGAINST A GOOD DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

In Response to Re: Why does everybody underrate the Hated Steelers?:
    The bottom line is that the Patriots will not see another Superbowl win until they aquire  DEFENSE THAT CAN WIN GAMES WHEN THE OFFENSE IS PLAYING AGAINST A GOOD DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
    Posted by patrick69

IMO it could be more about developing the players we currently have on defense. Yeah another OLB would be nice but when your playing with a lot of 1st year starters it's going to take a couple years. Lets see next season guys like Brace, Spikes, Cunningham, Deadrick, Chung, McCourty, and Butler improve and by how much. It's unrealistic to think that everyone is going to be a superstar from day one, it's a progression from year to year and a lot of good NFL players take a few years to get good in this league. Maybe I'm in the minority but I don't think we need to add much on D to improve it, it's more about improving within. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Posted by Benkarkis

The Steelers have restocked better? You sure about that?

Reacquiring Foote and McFadden from their 2005 title team and trying to recapture the personnel who are familiar with the system isn't really screaming out as "drafting well/better than the Patriots".

Timmons, Polamalu, Ziggy Hood, etc, are nice picks on D.

What about NE drafting Mayo and McCourty as cornerstones? Merriweather is a solid player, certainly as good as Ryan Clark.

Maybe Chung can be All Pro next year and be a Polamalu type?

Offense? Mike Wallace and Pouncey? Ok.

I think Vollmer, the two TEs here in NE, bringing in BJGE, picking up Woodhead (NE liked him coming out of college just as they liked BJGE enough to bring him in to the mix), etc are good counter examples to that.

Pitt is a quality organization, but not better than NE. 

The base formulas are similar, but there is no way to say Pitt is superior to NE.

I think Pitt as at the point where NE was in 2007, actually.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Posted by patrick69

If you had to pick one side of the ball to blame for the loss to the Jets, which is it?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

I think the purpose is to deal in reality and not homerism.
    Posted by Benkarkis

The reality is that your history of posting on the Pats board is full of nothing but whining and bashing.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I didn't underrate them.  They were my #3 team.  That's just the way the numbers came out.  The Packers were my #2 team.  The Patriots were my #1 team.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Wow this  thread made me laugh hard! That game shouldn't have been that close, if you were watching  the game  goodells storm troopers (refs)keep it close with bad calls too shift momentum to pitt,and if you dont think so look at the  fumble gb player recover from his own teammate and it was called incomplete! it sure looked like the receiver made a football move like stated in nfl rule book too me!       What about the  facemask call that put pitt on the 50 too start the drive.Just another phantom call,helen keller  wouldn't call that a facemask!!
    Posted by lippa

The reason for the closeness of the game was not the refs. It was simple lack of execution by GB - they had several dropped passes that would have moved the chains and one by Jones that could have gone for a TD (Can't say for sure as Polamalu would have been the only player with an angle on the receiver and I never count that dude out.) Also, Rodgers was not as accurate as he normally is. 

These are really the only things that kept the game close.

Sections
Shortcuts