Why does it seem like we are the only team with cap restrictions?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Why does it seem like we are the only team with cap restrictions?

Seeing Denver sign TJ Ward and seeing other teams who are in "cap hell" sign legitimate players gets me frustrated. I've believed in BB for the longest time but patience is wearing thin, Brady will not be around much longer...what the F is he waiting for ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

Re: Why does it seem like we are the only team with cap restrictions?

They would be in better shape without the Hernandez contract sitting on them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Because Denver just cut Champ Bailey. If BB made cuts he would be sitting at something close to 30 mill, it's obvious that BB doesn't love any of the guys on the market or he would've made the smart cuts.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Because Denver just cut Champ Bailey. If BB made cuts he would be sitting at something close to 30 mill, it's obvious that BB doesn't love any of the guys on the market or he would've made the smart cuts.

An old Bailey for Ward? I'd do that every year and twice on leap years. I guess BB hasn't liked any FA classes for years

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

or his mojo is running dry...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

The Pats still have to fill something like 8 slots on the team from players they haven't signed yet like Blount.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to stillgridlocked's comment:

The Pats still have to fill something like 8 slots on the team from players they haven't signed yet like Blount.

Now you guys want to overrate Blount, too? Blount is a scrub. No need to rush any RBs, they're not going anywhere.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

At leaet he has a mojo, how's lucky Coghlin doing?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to stillgridlocked's comment:

7 more rookies and 7 more UDFA's.  Book it!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

An old Bailey for Ward? I'd do that every year and twice on leap years. I guess BB hasn't liked any FA classes for years

Guess not, but he's never fielded a team that hasn't won 10 games a season in over 11 seasons...so...I think he knows what he's doing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Denver, Atlanta and the colts making some good moves. The browns doing some nice things on D, and, if the browns score revis will have as good a secondary as seattle. Just 2 more days and the bb master plan will be executed. Standby.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Denver, Atlanta and the colts making some good moves. The browns doing some nice things on D, and, if the browns score revis will have as good a secondary as seattle. Just 2 more days and the bb master plan will be executed. Standby.

LOL!  It's like  X-Mas at aunt Josephines when you just know you are going to get a knitted beanie or scarf and then everyone jumps in and says that's the best scarf EVA!

Until next year .....when you get another.  UGHUndecided

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to Brady2Welker47's comment:

Seeing Denver sign TJ Ward and seeing other teams who are in "cap hell" sign legitimate players gets me frustrated. I've believed in BB for the longest time but patience is wearing thin, Brady will not be around much longer...what the F is he waiting for ?

He's not waiting for anything. BB does what he does in the way that he does and all he does is build winning, playoff bound teams. He isn't going to change anything till his teams stop winning and going to the playoffs. To do anything else would be foolish.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Why should we care what teams that aren't as good nor have ever been as good as the Pats do? That's like saying "I'm going to attack the US and I'm going to do exactly what the Japanese did in world war II". That's a real formula for success!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Foolish is not giving your hall of fame QB a chance to win...just look at what Denver is doing...aging QB and giving that team pieces they need to get back to the Bowl...not just make the playoffs...

patience wearing thin with BB n his approach...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

Why should we care what teams that aren't as good nor have ever been as good as the Pats do? That's like saying "I'm going to attack the US and I'm going to do exactly what the Japanese did in world war II". That's a real formula for success!

Question did we beat Den in the playoffs last year and I missed it? The Colts are certainly up and coming and will be much better competition then they were last year. These are the teams to beat in the playoffs so I would keep an eye on them and the teams we need to build our team around to beat, not the Jags of the regular season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Now Pittsburgh signs Safety Mitchell...another "cap hell" team signs an impact player...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Don't worry guys, we signed Hoomanawanui. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to TravisBean's comment:

LOL!

BB plays chess, while others play checkers.  Until that changes, these threads are for insecure teenieboppers.

seems lately he's playing more Parchisi than chess

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to TravisBean's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Serious question:

Why are you a season ticket holder if you're such a tool for a fan?

What, you don't like Hoomanawanui?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

It's only day one, are there some good names coming off the board? Yes, but if we're two day intot his thing and all the corners are gone, all the defensive tackles are gaone and all the pass rushers are gone...then I'll complain. Until then, I'm just going to pretend we are smarter than everyone, but that's getting harder and hader to do the way we've handled free agency the last five years, still I'm going to give them a couple of days.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

The one cap room top 5 team I would worry about is Indy. Dimitroff has made some quality moves, but he had to In Hotlanta. Does anyone realistically believe that Cleveland, Oakland, Jacksonville or Miami will win their division next year because they have so much cap room? Its more likely that they will overpay for free agents.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Yup. BB's feet firmly planted at the reject table. he loves his BOGO.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

At leaet he has a mojo, how's lucky Coghlin doing?

Giants are signing players

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Question did we beat Den in the playoffs last year and I missed it? The Colts are certainly up and coming and will be much better competition then they were last year. These are the teams to beat in the playoffs so I would keep an eye on them and the teams we need to build our team around to beat, not the Jags of the regular season.

Denver beat a team that was down to playing their third stringers. The Colts were crushed by a team that was down to it's third stringers. The Colts are no younger than the Pats yet got crushed by a bunch of third stringers. Till the Colts actually beat a true playoff team and doesn't get crushed by the Pats third stringers, I wouldn't watch them for anything other than comic relief. Till Denver beats a real, fully staffed playoff team, not a team that due to injury was down to it's third stringers, I wouldn't worry about them either. Peyton won't play that well again in the playoffs.

Sections
Shortcuts