Why don't members think on this board?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

Why don't members think on this board?

I stopped by for the first time in a long time & all I see is whining. Boo-hoo no pass rusher. Boo-hoo. The best pass rushers were gone by #17, & just to take a body to take one is idiotic. The Patriots had holes & they can't all be addressed in one draft. You'll all conveniently forget the whining when other teams have to scheme for an actual solid running game, & not just trying to stop Welker & the short passing game. The draft produced two big & skilled O-lineman who like to knock defensive lineman down, & even you can make yardage when given holes to run through. Add them to go along with Vollmer, & the possibility of Mankins, & the offense is no longer so one dimensional. They took care of some of the problems the offense had, they addressed some of the defensive issues, but they couldn't address all the issues because the quality wasn't there. If they had drafted a pass rusher, whether he worked out or not, there would have been another area neglected. Repeat after me, every problem can't be fixed in one draft.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Why don't members think on this board?

xxxcrwn, you should post more often.  you make sense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

In Response to Why don't members think on this board?:
    I stopped by for the first time in a long time & all I see is whining. Boo-hoo no pass rusher. Boo-hoo. The best pass rushers were gone by #17, & just to take a body to take one is idiotic. The Patriots had holes & they can't all be addressed in one draft. You'll all conveniently forget the whining when other teams have to scheme for an actual solid running game, & not just trying to stop Welker & the short passing game. The draft produced two big & skilled O-lineman who like to knock defensive lineman down, & even you can make yardage when given holes to run through. Add them to go along with Vollmer, & the possibility of Mankins, & the offense is no longer so one dimensional. They took care of some of the problems the offense had, they addressed some of the defensive issues, but they couldn't address all the issues because the quality wasn't there. If they had drafted a pass rusher, whether he worked out or not, there would have been another area neglected. Repeat after me, every problem can't be fixed in one draft.
    Posted by xxxcrwn

All the pas rushers were gone by pick 17. LOL.  Are you serious.  Save this post so we can revisit it after next year to see how there were no pass rushers to take after 17.

Of course you can't fill all your holes in one draft so you fix the BIGGEST holes first.  You telling me rb was a bigger hole to fill then pass rush???  Or taking another TE.   Please.  And if RB was such a hole why didnt they just draft Ingram.  Offensive Rookie of the year with the Saints.  You heard it here first.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

IN fact a few issues have been addressed that avoid decline of the team.

Soldier addressed the loss of light and saved a possible large contract that would have been sought by him.

Cannon will fill the void left by Neils retirement in the long run at a very affordable price being picked in the 5th.

These moves potentialy give the Pats one of the most domenent OL in the league with Soldier,Mankins,Koppen,Cannon, Vollmier.

Vereen and Ridley addresses the loss of Morris,Taylor,and Faulk.  The tandum of Woodhead,Green-ellis,Vereen and Ridley greatly improves the possibilities of the running game especialy with the OL improvements.

Dowling greatly improves the quality,depth and versitality of the DB on the team. Also it gives insurance in the possible loss of Merriweather next year with either Dowling or Bodden moveing to safety

Smith will replace Crumpler because they are the same player but Smith has better hands. This will also free up $1,995,000 in salary cap this year.

Mallatt was a tremendus value pick, and if rummors of intrest in Hoyer are correct he may be traded for picks this or next free agency.

If you stop to find the logic in the moves they do make sence. It would have been nice to have upgraded DE and OLB but if the players on the board were not a significant upgrade over the players on the roster you must move on to the next option as BB obviously did. The other option is free agency and trades which usuraly start before the draft and limit needs by this point. And you must relize that the pats have the future picks to be a major player when free agency opens up. The first few days of free agency will be the next excitement we will get this NFL season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking-11. Show Harleyroadking-11's posts

XXX~ Pass rusher has been a concern/need for years now and again it wasn't addressed....here's a thought combine 17/28 to move up and get the pass rusher for next ten years instead of moving down to draft mediocre players.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: Why don't members think on this board?:
    XXX~ Pass rusher has been a concern/need for years now and again it wasn't addressed....here's a thought combine 17/28 to move up and get the pass rusher for next ten years instead of moving down to draft mediocre players.
    Posted by Harleyroadking-11

The problem is that only one or two human beings are born every century who are qualified to play OLB in BB's system. So BB figures he may as well trade all his picks for a seventh round shot at a punter and two first rounders in 2038.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Posted by xxxcrwn

You should cut and paste this to many threads.  However, you will see "why didn't the Pats move up and get that pass-rusher!"  Just be prepared. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

It takes 2 to tango. You still need to find a willing partner. BB put it out there before the draft that he was willing to trade up & perhaps nobody offered the right spot to take that player?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Repeat after me, every problem can't be fixed in one draft.
    Posted by xxxcrwn

Of course this is true.  You can only solve some of your problems through the draft; which makes the TE, QB, and even CB moves even more questionable.  Those weren't the pressing problems to begin with.

The two OL were good picks.  Ras-I - I'm sure he will get PT, but it wasn't more important than a pass rusher. 

RB was certainly a worthwhile draft - but why draft two (especially one that no one thinks is very good) when you can expend ONE pick on the best RB in the draft?

Mallett, unless you plan on trading him to a desperate team next year, was a wasted #3.  He is a head case and will never take a meaningful snap in a Pat uniform.

Even the long shot drafted OLB MAKES NO SENSE.  No one was going to draft a no-name from central arkansas!  We could have invited him as an UDFA to camp.  Now we have to compete for Herzlich.

If the OL pan out the way they should it's a C draft.  If one of them stumbles - it's a D.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In Response to Re: Why don't members think on this board? : The problem is that only one or two human beings are born every century who are qualified to play OLB in BB's system. So BB figures he may as well trade all his picks for a seventh round shot at a punter and two first rounders in 2038.  
    Posted by prolate0spheroid

Don't knock it.  I hear the 2038 draft will be very deep.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: Why don't members think on this board? : Don't knock it.  I hear the 2038 draft will be very deep.
    Posted by nyjoseph

Same. I just bought a pet rock from a kid in that class. When he rode off on his bike, I noticed that he's going to have trouble putting on muscle to play at the NFL level but you never know. Speed was decent.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

So what you are trying to say is that after 17 there was nobody in this draft that will have a career rushing the passer in the NFL - sorry - WRONG!! Are you saying the Steelers are just plain dumb for selecting Heyward...yeah they have no clue when it comes to drafting pass rushers. Pioli must be stupid..he drafted Houston in the 3rd round..way past 17.  Brookes Reed went in the second...you probably loved this guy before the Pats draft deemed him not worthy of a selection.

You know, it's ok to question some of the things they do and still root for them...stop drinking the koolaid. This whole value system and we are holyer than thou; should be judged after Brady leaves, because right now he is making it look better than it is.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Belichick might be wrong, but I doubt they think Solder or the CB (what the hell is his name again) are mediocre. Why the negativity? Was McCourty mediocre? Gronk? Spikes? Hernandez? I'm frustrated they didn't get a multi purpose DE too but I don't think it's fair to assume they drafted mediocre players.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Draft is over, comeback to me and tell me how good/bad the pats did afterwards. Better yet, come back in three years and tell me how bad/good this draft  is.

Everyone can have an opinion but it really doesn't matter what you think. I personally love this draft, yes we passed on a pass rusher but we got some very solid players. either way, it is what it is. Those of you B!tching that we could have had Ingram instead of Vereen will disapear if Vereen works out well/or ingram blows his knee out. If Ryan Mallett is the franchise QB of the future ALA Aaron Rodgers, all the naysayers will keep they mouth shut. It works both ways, all these players can be busts.

We wont know until a season or two or even three, and in Mallett's case, maybe 4.

People here had chung labelled Bust after not playing much if any as a rookie, season two we discover we have a missile at safety. McCourty was a despised pick last year " who drafts a special teams player in the first round" how did that one work out, ehh? Remember, we could have had Dez...

All this " we could have had --------" is pointless talk, we don't have said player so deal with it. Can't deal with BB's drafts? leave, no one likes a sour bandwagoner.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

they'd just rather be noisy.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlderbutWiser. Show OlderbutWiser's posts

Perhaps the extra two seconds of pass coverage in the defensive backfield will yield more quarterback sacks/broken plays by the defensive rushers. Don't these position players complement each other on the field? If you improve in one, doesn't it also make the other better?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

In Response to Re: Why don't members think on this board? : Don't knock it.  I hear the 2038 draft will be very deep.
    Posted by nyjoseph

I know I want to trade into the draft Brady's son will be in!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

I remember last year when some fans ripped BB for chosing Gronk. He was suppost to have a glass back. One good hit and he was gone.

Sections
Shortcuts