Why don't pats play agressive d?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from millo9496. Show millo9496's posts

Why don't pats play agressive d?

These teams that use these blitzing schemes have lots of success. we cant seem to generate a pass rush. why the f? don't we play that way? sanchez wouldn't be able to handle it. i am disgusted

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriotsftball. Show Patriotsftball's posts

Re: Why don't pats play agressive d?

IT's CALLED COACHES CAN"T CALL A GAME!!!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

In Response to Why don't pats play agressive d?:
    These teams that use these blitzing schemes have lots of success. we cant seem to generate a pass rush. why the f? don't we play that way? sanchez wouldn't be able to handle it. i am disgusted
    Posted by millo9496

The Pats D has given up 17 and then 16 in the first two games.  Any decent offense and we would be 2-0 instead of 1-1 or even almost 0-2. 

I put the blame here where it belongs -- the offense.  If your D holds the opponents to less than 20 points, you should win the game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from millo9496. Show millo9496's posts

I agree that the d has played well, however, i would prefer to get after the qb more. the biggest difference in the Jets d is bart scott, and their scheme. agressive schemes win with the lack of quality at the QB position
    n Response to Re: Why don't pats play agressive d?:
    In Response to Why don't pats play agressive d? : The Pats D has given up 17 and then 16 in the first two games.  Any decent offense and we would be 2-0 instead of 1-1 or even almost 0-2.  I put the blame here where it belongs -- the offense.  If your D holds the opponents to less than 20 points, you should win the game.
    Posted by sheldong

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEPATS3X. Show NEPATS3X's posts

I agree ,this defense is showing nothing on the pass rush.No blitzing .no stunts,no emotion.The tackling was even worse with the secondary bouncing off players like superballs . Maybe cause mayo wasn't there but they all looked so confused .I'm confused myself ,they need to show more emotion .I don't care if you bite the guy or something,man I'm fricken pissed after watching that game.Man the Jets said they were going to rattle Brady ,they sure did.The defense rush was extinct.
    Have the secondary blitz once in a while ,man nothing .Harrison would fake like he coming for a blitz .We just backed off 10yards no challenging nothing.Not like BB to accept that krap

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

cause they don't have confidence in the secondary

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Posted by millo9496

I wouldn't say I'm disgusted in the D so far this year but it very frustrating to see teams aggressively get after the Pats QB and the Pats D not aggressively get after opposition QB's.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I guess I'm just a lost puppy.  How exactly did our D lose this game?  I kind of thought our QB having to run for his life had something to do with it.  Silly me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from millo9496. Show millo9496's posts

who said the d lost the game? nobody. it would be nice to see us blitz their qb too. not blaming the d, but rather giving credit to the jets scheme causing brady problems. if it gives teams problems, then we should do it, too

n Response to Re: Why don't pats play agressive d?:
    I guess I'm just a lost puppy.  How exactly did our D lose this game?  I kind of thought our QB having to run for his life had something to do with it.  Silly me.
    Posted by carawaydj

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from boston006. Show boston006's posts

All I can say is OUR PATS were OUT_COACHED Again.  We are very Lucky to be 1&1 as we should be 0&2...  Come-on BB, let's get this Team Moving in the Right Direction...  We have one of the BEST O_LINES on PAPER, let's show it on the Playing Field...  I still Believe the PATS are one of the best Teams in the NFL.  Let's start playing like we are. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

If it takes so long for Brady (and presumably other qb's) to get in synch with their wide receivers, then why don't we try holding on to those we have instead of these more or less wholesale changes.

I mean like we can't beat a team with a frosh qb.  Everyone here put this squarely in the win column six months ago.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from blahx1. Show blahx1's posts

Posted by millo9496

We don't play aggressive D because we no longer have the players to execute.
    Look, as Pats fans we gotta realize that the days of uninterrupted glory are behind us. DON'T GET ME WRONG! I don't mean we can't win another SB! Of course we can. But the days of Pats / Colts AFC dominance has passed. I think that most Pats knew that the incessant push for League parody would eventually level the field. Even so, a wounded Pats team with a QB still finding his way back from a severe year-long injury, lost to a team who believed would "embarrass" us, playing on its home field, by ONE touchdown. I may not see a SB for the Pats this year. But they'll continue to win more SBs than any other team for the foreseeable future. 

Sections
Shortcuts