Why don't the Pats RUN THE BALL?????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Re: Why don't the Pats RUN THE BALL?????

In Response to Why don't the Pats RUN THE BALL?????:
    What are they thinking? The only way to beat NE is to pass rush on every down and blitz. Not enough committing to the run. Again. Bench Maroney and run the ball 25 times per game. The O Line loves to run block. You cannot expect them to handle a known pass rush on every down and only run block 20% of the time. It's just unreasonable.   Maroney needs to sit. Start Taylor, mix in Ellis and Morris more.  Why is Brady on a return from a missed season throwing it 50 times per game?
    Posted by russgriswold

I agree. Morris and Ellis are the 2 best pound the rock backs yet they continue to try and sling it everywhere and use the dancing laurence.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bergzilla. Show Bergzilla's posts

Remember the Corey Dillon days? I think that we need to get tougher again on offense. Using the pass to set up the run is not a good solution, even with Brady. It is the run that keeps the LB in the box (Kind of like what we had to do). Once the run is established the lanes open up, and play action is good at freezing a safety. Rhodes looked good because he could roam all day.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdaytona. Show jimdaytona's posts

In Response to Re: Why don't the Pats RUN THE BALL?????:
    Remember the Corey Dillon days? I think that we need to get tougher again on offense. Using the pass to set up the run is not a good solution, even with Brady. It is the run that keeps the LB in the box (Kind of like what we had to do). Once the run is established the lanes open up, and play action is good at freezing a safety. Rhodes looked good because he could roam all day.
    Posted by Bergzilla

Can't do the run by committee. Should have stuck with that guy from Jacksonville.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

I agree, they need to pick a back (Taylor) and hand him the ball 20 + times. I hate that a 3 point game becomes no huddle, abandon the running game time, c'mon we are not the 2001 Rams. This team is uncharacteristically soft and I hate that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bergzilla. Show Bergzilla's posts

I think we need to trade LM for a real fullback for FT and SM. I saw so much speed in LM that the backside LB tackled him all the time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MudCityManglers. Show MudCityManglers's posts

I dont know about anyone else, but I for one am sick and tired of seeing Maroney and his pathetic attempts at being a Running Back! On kickoff returns he takes 15 yards to get to full speed because he cant decide which way to go! Use Taylor, Ellis and Morris. Unload that stiff Maroney! Joey Galloway is another one they need to cut, all he does is drop balls. those 2 paychecks right there with a bit more would bring in another linebacker. Ahhhhhh it doesnt matter no one listens to us. I feel sorry for Brady, hes gonna get crushed again this year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

They need to, they got quality backs. taylor had some good runs, shoulda kept pounding it. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Bergzilla makes a good point!

Remember when we used to have a FB on our team?  That seemed to help the running game.

Like I said, it's like BB has lost all creativity.

Maybe the game has passed him by.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bergzilla. Show Bergzilla's posts

I think that we need another creative OC. BB is a defensive mind. If he is helping on the offensive side of the ball, then there is less time for scheming. It is time for the Pats to start playing with an attitude! Our D used to get drive ending interceptions and stop the run like it was 2nd nature. Ah the memories. Only game 2. We are 1-1. Let's see what we can do. I agree this run by committee is BS. Just as the O-line has to get used to the QB, they have to get used to the RB as well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

In Response to Re: Why don't the Pats RUN THE BALL?????:
    I agree, they need to pick a back (Taylor) and hand him the ball 20 + times. I hate that a 3 point game becomes no huddle, abandon the running game time, c'mon we are not the 2001 Rams. This team is uncharacteristically soft and I hate that.
    Posted by jedinate

I agree they aren't playing tough football. They just want to air it out and win easily and when they come up against tough D's they struggle. They have morphed into the Colts of 2003 -2004

Sections
Shortcuts