Why everyone is making a BIG deal of Gronk's ankle sprain.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

Why everyone is making a BIG deal of Gronk's ankle sprain.

From Wikipedia:

" Treatment of high ankle sprains depends on severity. An athlete may be out for as little as 2–3 days or as long as 6 months. Minor high ankle sprains can be healed by reducing movement of the lower leg and foot with a brace or cast. Like common ankle sprains using the PRICE technique works well  "

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_ankle_sprain

This is for the people is pretending to be doctors and telling about your psedo-diagonisis of an ankle sprain.

Based on the AFC Championship, the sprain isn't too serve. He came back and performed good for 87 yards.

No worries. No worries at all. :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: Why everyone is making a BIG deal of Gronk's ankle sprain.

I'm not about to judge who is right or wrong.  I'm not a doctor, and even if I was how could I know without checking it out myself.

But to address your post anyway, here is my take:

1. The replay showed his foot at an angle that looked pretty darn bad.  I'm not a doctor, but even I walked with a limp after watching that.  Maybe it looked worse than it was.  I think a lot of people saw that and just used a little common sense.

2. Yes, he did come back.  That does say something.  It's very likely a ton of wrap and a gallon of painkillers had something to do with his return.  It's equally likely that whatever pain remains will be alleviated by another ton of wrap and another gallon of painkillers in the SB.

I expect him to play, but most likely not at 100%.  However, I think he is a beast.  He might surprise all of us and be the MVP.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

the giants will try to hurt him early...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I'm not a Dr but I do stay at Holiday inn expresses a lot. That leg bend looked like he was lucky it didnt break. Too bad there isnt a holiday inn express in Ireland where I'm going today or I'd give you a prognosis up date.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bubthegrub12. Show Bubthegrub12's posts

I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express once myself. And my prognosis is he'll be playing in Indy provided he can walk into the stadium! I'm sure that's why they're keeping him out of practice. And it could be BB messing with the Giants. Though I think they expect him to play, too. Love to see him get the MVP!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I didn't think the leg bend looked that bad. Looked like a minor ankle sprain, not that you can tell by looking but it certainly didn't look as bad to me as some are saying.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

I would like to see Pollard's neck get a bend next year. Just a high sprain mind you not a break. If the Ravens wanted to show they were not a thug team they would cut him like all his other teams have. Complete shidbag!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: Why everyone is making a BIG deal of Gronk's ankle sprain.:
    [QUOTE]I didn't think the leg bend looked that bad. Looked like a minor ankle sprain, not that you can tell by looking but it certainly didn't look as bad to me as some are saying.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]
    There is a distinct similarity between Big Ben and Gronk's injury. Looking at both replays of these guys, I had a feeling it was a high ankle sprain. If you place on still over the other, you'd think it was the same guy with a different jersey on. We've seen Ben's lack of mobility and unless Gronk is the freak that we all think that he is, then he'll play at whatever percentage which is better than not and again unless he proves a detriment to the offense. You can bet that the G-men will test that ankle if he lines up. Hope that additionally acquired TE is not an indication that he cannot go.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Here is my take on how bad it is or isn't. When Ben Rapensburger sprained his he had a bad limp from the get go and it never looked good. Gronk came back in the game and was blocking and running pass routes. In fact he was wide open when Tom threw that unfortunate Pick right after Spikes picked Flaco. Also saw some tape of the AFCC ceremony and BB told Gronk this is why we brought you here and then asked him if he was OK and Gronk said im Ok with the tone of no stinking way Im not!

Go Pats!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EastTraveler. Show EastTraveler's posts

It's nothing but smoke and mirrors with Gronk's injury....  It makes for good news press...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not about to judge who is right or wrong.  I'm not a doctor, and even if I was how could I know without checking it out myself. But to address your post anyway, here is my take: 1. The replay showed his foot at an angle that looked pretty darn bad.  I'm not a doctor, but even I walked with a limp after watching that.  Maybe it looked worse than it was.  I think a lot of people saw that and just used a little common sense. 2. Yes, he did come back.  That does say something .  It's very likely a ton of wrap and a gallon of painkillers had something to do with his return.  It's equally likely that whatever pain remains will be alleviated by another ton of wrap and another gallon of painkillers in the SB. I expect him to play, but most likely not at 100%.  However, I think he is a beast.  He might surprise all of us and be the MVP.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]
    Even I walked with a limp after watching it...love it!! LOL.

Yeah I agree, I think he'll play with lots of tape, some kind of brace, and loads of pain killer. I can only imagine the type of treatment he's receiving right now, I read the book on Bill Romanowski a few years ago and he shed some light on the "medical" treatments that nfl players can receive. 

If he can play at 90% I'd be thrilled - when I saw the replay I thought it was broken. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

It is called more stuff for the talking air heads to make Pats fans nervous and Giants fans hopeful about Gronk's effectiveness in the SB.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Same as when TB hurt his ankle leading up to SB42. Remember.

It doesn't appear to be as bad as Rothelisberger's ankle injury, and he is now playing in the Pro Bowl tomorrow.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

BB is probably loving this.  All the attention is on Gronk's ankle.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

[QUOTE]Here is my take on how bad it is or isn't. When Ben Rapensburger sprained his he had a bad limp from the get go and it never looked good. Gronk came back in the game and was blocking and running pass routes. In fact he was wide open when Tom threw that unfortunate Pick right after Spikes picked Flaco. Also saw some tape of the AFCC ceremony and BB told Gronk this is why we brought you here and then asked him if he was OK and Gronk said im Ok with the tone of no stinking way Im not! Go Pats!
    Posted by raptor64d[/QUOTE]

You forgot to mention the most important part. Right after Cundiff's missed field goal the camera captured him jumping up and down like crazy. It certainly didn't look like he was nursing his ankle at all.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

The reality is we have no idea how sever it is......I've been living in denial all week that Gronkowskis play may be severely hurt by the injury.......god I hope many of you are correct.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]The reality is we have no idea how sever it is......I've been living in denial all week that Gronkowskis play may be severely hurt by the injury.......god I hope many of you are correct.
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE]

If it is bad, they will just put Hernandez there are go with 3 wides, Branch/Welker/Someone.  The thing is, this offense was designed as a reaction to the pressure schemes that started with the Giants in SB42.  And it is not built on ONE guy.  That was the problem before, and won't be an issue this time.  Don't listen to the talking heads that say Gronk is our offense, they are just as wrong about that as about that 31st ranked defense baloney.  Intellectually lazy reporting.  They know better.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

oh, he will play!  How much impact will he have, nobody knows.  We have seen most the season that if they stop Gronk then Hernandez has a big day and vice versa.  I want Gronk to have a huge SB game but if he's not 100% then I hope at least he is healthy enough to draw attention away from Hernandez for him to have a big SB game, that would be good enough for me!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]The reality is we have no idea how sever it is......I've been living in denial all week that Gronkowskis play may be severely hurt by the injury.......god I hope many of you are correct.
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE]
    Take this approach.. the glass is half FULL and he will play effectively!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Pats are going to play inspired ball with or without a healthy Gronk. 

What concerns me is how precise these guys run routes, and the angles that they use to complete the routes.  I hope his ankle's good enough to turn on quickly.
    I think that's the thing that is most concerning.  He's not going to lose tons of speed, but if he can't plant it and turn effectively, it gives the coverage time to adjust while still playing off him a bit.

But I think we're going to see just how tough this guy really is when he lights up NY's linebacking core.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

I have not really been concerned about this injury because he was back in the game and seemed ok afterwards. With that said, I just almost threw up in my mouth when a read on the NFL Network ticker that surgery will be needed for Grok after the season. Can anyone confirm this?? If so, that's pretty crappy news. I haven't been able to find anything else about this yet!