Why have Titan's players quit Fisher?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

Re: Why have Titan's players quit Fisher?

Any time you defeat a team by nearly 60 points you've got to realize the two teams just weren't on the same level.  And, after looking at the list of players active for Sunday, it's clear to me Belichick knew the Pats would clobber the Titans.  These coaches are more open with one another than you would think.  Fisher more than likely just told Belichick that his team is so beat up and down on themselves that they don't stand a chance.  If not, the coaches had to still be aware of the mismatch.

Makes sense as to why Whilhite and Butler (our 3rd and 4th corners) started the game and saw the most action.  Makes sense as to why Adalius Thomas didn't play - they felt, if they were going to send him a message, this would be the week because they didn't need him.  It goes without saying it's an explanation for why the offense was so explosive but I would like to this it was supplemental the offense just coming together for the first time.

I'm not trying to take anything away from the win.  I'm just saying Belichick used it as an opportunity to give some younger guys more action and put up a W at the same time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Why have Titan's players quit Fisher?:
    Any time you defeat a team by nearly 60 points you've got to realize the two teams just weren't on the same level.  And, after looking at the list of players active for Sunday, it's clear to me Belichick knew the Pats would clobber the Titans.  These coaches are more open with one another than you would think.  Fisher more than likely just told Belichick that his team is so beat up and down on themselves that they don't stand a chance.  If not, the coaches had to still be aware of the mismatch. Makes sense as to why Whilhite and Butler (our 3rd and 4th corners) started the game and saw the most action.  Makes sense as to why Adalius Thomas didn't play - they felt, if they were going to send him a message, this would be the week because they didn't need him.  It goes without saying it's an explanation for why the offense was so explosive but I would like to this it was supplemental the offense just coming together for the first time. I'm not trying to take anything away from the win.  I'm just saying Belichick used it as an opportunity to give some younger guys more action and put up a W at the same time.
    Posted by SonnyCorlione

I agree with your post, save the suggestion that BB would say so much as "boo" to Fisher.  Fisher is a member of the Pious Tribe, membership including Jack Del Rio and led by Tony Dungy.  They are close, close buddies, zealous Christians-in-title-not-in-action, and they all roundly, publicly dumped on the Pats in 2007, though all have committed their own, worse sins.

59-0 was as much a statement by the Pats as it was a collective eff-who to Fisher.  Probably one of BB's most satisfying wins in regular season play.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

In Response to Re: Why have Titan's players quit Fisher? : Of all things you are commenting on my insult??  Why do you think all insults where I am concerned are reserved only for your use?  And please do assume to think you know what I do or do not need.
    Posted by underdogg

Must be hard maintaining the delusion that you actually have something to say that others find useful. How do you do it?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

red red wine, goes to my head.  makes me forget.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

Fisher will quit after this season, Wade Phillips will be fired, and Fisher will take over in Dallas..... just a hunch

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

I don't think the team quit on Fisher as much as they've quit on themselves.  By the time they went in for the half it was all but assured they would be 0-6 which nearly eliminates them from playoff contention in the AFC.  If you're playing on that team you don't even want to go out for the second half.
    Posted by SonnyCorlione

Maybe I'm old school but as long as those bank deposits are regular so should your playing effort....It's pretty simple!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Medic87. Show Medic87's posts

In Response to Why have Titan's players quit Fisher?:
    Writers are saying that this loss was more about the Titans quitting than the Pats clobbering.  Based on the performace of their DBs, I can see why, while not taking anything away for the Pats. Why? Is it that the team is cheap with its players? Is it that there is a cut-throat side of the allegedly pious Fisher that has recently come to light in the David Givens lawsuit that has rubbed the players the wrong way? ("Would he do that to me, too?") Is it the region's depressing culture of racism (reportedly about the worst in the naton), as some minority players have claimed in the past, that takes away their desire to perform for a base of fans that probably wouldn't hire them to paint the house? Is it the years of mediocrity, broken promises of "this year," every year? Or something else?
    Posted by chrisakawoody

Ok hold it right there!.LOL  I live in TN, ( born in Newton ) it has absolutely NOTHING to do with Racism,  some idiot ALWAYS has to bring that up.   They started 13-0 last year,  so all of a sudden TN becomes a racist state and they start 0-6 this year? and that's why the stink this year?  yeah that makes sense.
    I think it has more to do with TALENT on the team (or lack thereof ).  that's it.  They have a terrible WR corps who couldnt catch a cold, how many drop passes do you see every game.  Collins is adequate, but is getting no help at all. the defense is like a sieve, when you allow Maroney to run for 100 yrds that is saying something right there,  he didnt overnight turn into some stud RB. Stop blaming racism for all of the worlds problems.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

I did say that about the weather, and it's true. But that statement doesn't take into account the possiblility that one team may turn out to be composed of gutless maggots who roll over and play dead the minute adversity stares them in the face. Because their previous losses softened them up for you?  I see.  So if I question your comment, you may choose to clarify it, and that is ok.  But when I do it, its not.  Play fair mikey. So why do you think the titans laid down?  was the fear struck in the eyes of all things titans when his majesty cheating bill belichick stepped on the field, because it clearly couldn't have had anything to do with their 5 losses over the last 5 weeks could it?  As I see it your guess is as good as mine, and whatever yours is, is no less idiotic, moronic, or preposterous than mine.   It doesn't matter, the fact remains you are elaborating on your statement here as I did mine, but you find yours acceptable but mine not.  Spinsters are nothing if no hypocrites.  Beyond that, continuing to water down what you said -- and EXACTLY what you said -- and tried to defend -- is fresh in my mind and probably still posted for anyone who cares to look -- is only making my point for me. Here is EXACTLY some of what I said: Manning is his last name. You can partially thank him for this tennessee performance.    then further: Well at least you can admit your failures.  but honestly, you completely disagree with my take?  You can also thank the Jets and Jacksonville, Pitt and Houston.  If you do not think that the beatings the Titans have taken week after week don't have anything to with their performance this week, well then I think we can apply the idiotic homer comment to yours as well.
    Posted by underdogg

dumb, dumb, dumb. dumb, dumb, dumb and on you go

You love Fan Bias. "I love me some stupid"!!

Every time I see your posts, I think, This is gonna be some kinda dumb. Then you surprise me and blow past my wildest expectations. Udderdogg you are to0 much. I figure:
    1) You friends are on to you and know the level of full-of-crapness you reach in 20 seconds so you gotta come here.
    2) Nahh, I think i'll stick with number 1

Get a new line, the difference between kissing Manning's tail and brown nosing is all about depth perception. I am sure if you try real hard with some professional help, you can extract your head form the place it appears to be stuck in.

Love hearing from you again 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Hey GuMByILL, when you stop figgerin' then you'll be ok. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Why have Titan's players quit Fisher? : Ok hold it right there!.LOL  I live in TN, ( born in Newton ) it has absolutely NOTHING to do with Racism,  some idiot ALWAYS has to bring that up.   They started 13-0 last year,  so all of a sudden TN becomes a racist state and they start 0-6 this year? and that's why the stink this year?  yeah that makes sense. I think it has more to do with TALENT on the team (or lack thereof ).  that's it.  They have a terrible WR corps who couldnt catch a cold, how many drop passes do you see every game.  Collins is adequate, but is getting no help at all. the defense is like a sieve, when you allow Maroney to run for 100 yrds that is saying something right there,  he didnt overnight turn into some stud RB. Stop blaming racism for all of the worlds problems.
    Posted by Medic87

Hey, some Titans' players have mentioned it before, so it is not like there is nothing to it - complaints about getting hassled while relaxing around town, etc.
    Some Titan's players have gone public, saying they don't like the racist people they've encountered, living in that region.  Those are facts any "idiot" can wrap his brain around.

I don't mind being called an idiot by a complete stranger, but as I recall they only lost two key players in the off-season.  Most teams lose four, five, or more each year, like the Giants, the Pats, the Colts, etc.  So if the roster has not changed much, but the attidute has, the problem isn't because of talent.  Lack of talent did not make the DBs shadow the Pats' receivers by ten feet in the red zone.  Those players just did not care to play for the team, regardless of their talent.

Fully reluctant to touch on politics, do you remember the last election and how it played out in that region?  My best friend in the area said the majority of his friends that were self-proclaimed life-long Democrats told him that they "would never vote for a n*****.  I am voting for McCain."  Frankly, the election had an ugly character in that region.  And shortly thereafter, the Titans hit a losing streak that has not stopped.

If I were a young, ambitious, talented, educated Black man (I am not) and I was obligated to play for a fan base that gives me dirty looks in the mall if I am inter-racially dating, or watching my every move in the Quickee Mart, and generally hassle me because of the color of my skin, I really would not mind tanking a season if I think it could get me out of there and off to some place more tolerant, like SoCal, Seatle, NYC, Miami -  just about anywhere but Tennesse.

Only reason for their funk?  I seriously doubt it.  Part of it? Why not? Or, "how not?"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Woody - a couple of things:
    Nashville is the south and the racist element does exist.  That said, Tennessee State and Fisk University are predominantly black colleges in Nashville.  Meharry Medical College is a black med school and Meharry and Hubbard Hospital is a predominantly black hospital.  

I don't think cities of similar size to Nashville have the number of similar institutions focused black advancement.  Now, I think it is entirely possible that these institutions were developed as a result of segregation and racism, but their continued existence is, I think, a very positive thing for Nashville. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Woody - a couple of things: Nashville is the south and the racist element does exist.  That said, Tennessee State and Fisk University are predominantly black colleges in Nashville.  Meharry Medical College is a black med school and Meharry and Hubbard Hospital is a predominantly black hospital.   I don't think cities of similar size to Nashville have the number of similar institutions focused black advancement.  Now, I think it is entirely possible that these institutions were developed as a result of segregation and racism, but their continued existence is, I think, a very positive thing for Nashville. 
    Posted by underdogg

I went to UF. North-Central Fla. is considered Deep South. Maybe because it was a youthful college town, I rarely experienced racism.  I can think of one man - the owner of my employer's store building - that was likely KKK. Other than that, less racist than where I am today, Aurora, IL.  So I don't want to paint a broad brush about the whole South.  But the area surrounding TN (KY, Southern IL and IN, etc.) seems to be stuck in 1920, based on first hand, second hand and third hand experiences.

I think your point about the institutions forming as a result of segregation are spot on, which just highlights the racist past.  IMO, this region is behind the rest of the South in moving beyond racism.

After that poster totally dismissed that possiblity, I did some searching on the net and found repeated instances of racially charged situations involving the Titans, like the DUI arrests of three Titans (some thrown out) by one particular cop over the past six years.  He was disciplined.  I think Pac Man and Young both complained about the pervasive racism in the region. The way these guys get drafted and are told, "Here is a $2 mill bonus and a $4 mil contract, and you play here or you get nothing," you have to figure it has to play some part in such a situation.  If are Black, from a more tolerant place, and obligated to move to one of the most racist places in the nation or pass up millions, you have to be bumming.  It would affect my attitude.

I did not invent the situation, I based it on what Titan's players have experienced or mentioned publicly, and the fact that that team has not shown up for some time, most noticeably last Sunday.  But I do not belive it is the sole or even main reason for their collaspe. But for that poster to totally discount it seems like ostrich behavior (yeah, I know, ostriches don't really do that, but it makes a good image).

No matter what the true reason, I don't buy the talent argument.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

I accept your points and would not dismiss them out of hand, but I also think you may be giving more credibility to the possibility than it deserves.  The institutions I mentioned, regardless of how or why they were created are still in existence today which is a positive. 

Additionally, I would give very little credence to what PacMan Jones says.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I expected that about a Pac Man referrence.  But as they saying goes, "Even a broken clock is right twice a day."

Not discounting the value or positive impact of the institutions. Regret they ever had cause to be founded is more like it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

The player's feelings being hurt by a few racial remarks is the reason they are playing bad? What? LMFAO. I thought I heard it all on this board.Is racism a new thing or something? Was there no racism in Tenn. last year when they had the league's best record? C'Mon. This is ridiculous. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Why have Buc's players quit Raheem Morris?

Hey, we might as well get next Monday's badly punctuated discussion headline out right now.  It was the Buc's that were quitters.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

OK, like I wrote several times before, A) it is not the only thing to consider, B)  Titans players have voiced complaints about it before - in their words, not mine, C) the players did not just lose, they absolutely were not playing football, which cancels out the "no talent" excuse D) there have been repeated racially charged incidents involving Titans' African-American players.

OK, so you don't think it is THE reason.  Fine.  I do not either. But to ignorantly discount that it could be playing a factor?  Again, after the players have already complained publicly about it? Who's kidding who?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Re: Why have Buc's players quit Raheem Morris?

In Response to Why have Buc's players quit Raheem Morris?:
    Hey, we might as well get next Monday's badly punctuated discussion headline out right now.  It was the Buc's that were quitters.
    Posted by Paul_K

Yeah, yeah, the Grammar Police nabbed me. I know: "Titans'", not "Titan's". 

FYI, proper English would be "poorly", not "badly". And the dangling preposition? 

Now go edit some more posts.  You are contributing a great service to the community, LOL. 

Just kidding, but when you play the GP, you should at least use proper grammar. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

OK, like I wrote several times before, A) it is not the only thing to consider, B)  Titans players have voiced complaints about it before - in their words, not mine, C) the players did not just lose, they absolutely were not playing football, which cancels out the "no talent" excuse D) there have been repeated racially charged incidents involving Titans' African-American players. OK, so you don't think it is THE reason.  Fine.  I do not either. But to ignorantly discount that it could be playing a factor?  Again, after the players have already complained publicly about it? Who's kidding who?
    Posted by chrisakawoody

How do you explain their record last year?  I guess racism didn't exist before this season in TENN.LOL.You're an idiot. I will most definitely dismiss the notion that players, who are grown men and who have a great deal of money on the line based on performance, are going to throw in the towel based on ANY comment from outside of the locker room. They're playing bad because their feelings are hurt? LMFAO. You're hilarious. I challenge you to post ANYTHING that supports your hypothesis. One article from a legitimate source that suggests that what you are saying has any shred of truth.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

I expected that about a Pac Man referrence.  But as they saying goes, "Even a broken clock is right twice a day." Not discounting the value or positive impact of the institutions. Regret they ever had cause to be founded is more like it.
    Posted by chrisakawoody

Yep - lots of those in our human existence aren't there.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Why have Titan's players quit Fisher? : How do you explain their record last year?  I guess racism didn't exist before this season in TENN.LOL.You're an idiot. I will most definitely dismiss the notion that players, who are grown men and who have a great deal of money on the line based on performance, are going to throw in the towel based on ANY comment from outside of the locker room. They're playing bad because their feelings are hurt? LMFAO. You're hilarious. I challenge you to post ANYTHING that supports your hypothesis. One article from a legitimate source that suggests that what you are saying has any shred of truth.
    Posted by cowtherabbit-

Uhhhhhhhhhh...like I wrote before...wasn't my main point...Titans' players complaining about racist encounters in community...repeated incidents...cops hassling the Black players...losing streak begins at peak of virulent reacton to a very racially charged, regionally divisive election...

Uh...never mind.  If you haven't gotten it by now, you never will. I guess you know better what those Titans' players are really thinking because of your special powers, and need only disregard what they are saying, right?  Sorry.  My bad.  You are a genius, a clairvoyant.  I surrender this thread to your eternally glowing majesty.

By the way Answer Man, you tell us why they refused to play on Sunday.  And if you say "no talent" I think I will barf form the shock of the simplicity of it all. Now go insult somebody else.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Holy cow, Cowtherabbit - 300 posts in 52 days!!!!!! That must be a record.  Apprarently, you do a lot of sharing your POV. But apparently you have no respect for others' POVs, is that about right?

Sections
Shortcuts