Why I don't like Tebow!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Why I don't like Tebow!

Just went on NFL.com for the first time today and what do I find as their main headline, STILL TEBOW!! Get him away from my life for a few days it's breaking my heart at this stage. I wish the guys on here would stop saying that they like him as a person but not as  QB, I like him as an NFL player not an NFL QB and not as a person....why not as a person you many ask? Well the main reason is I have no idea what he's like as a person so to quote a sweet film " The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist". How much do we know anyone? Does Tiger Woods ring a bell to anyone? Tebow from the day and time he could think has been fed scripture and taught to love to Lord, who's to say somewhere along the road Tebow didn't have a dawning that maybe he dosn't believe or he's having doubts, say it was during his time in Florida when his rep had already been formed so he tells his agent and his agent tells him to keep it going because it makes him very polarizing and therefore a media dream, a very profitable media dream at that! So yeah quite ticked off this morning, Brady plays Hall of Fame ball and Tebow still gets all the headlines, it wouldn't happen with any other player!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Re: Why I don't like Tebow!

There are certain players who always get the press. Sometimes it's for positive things, sometimes negative. That's what it's like for Tebow. The same way Peyton Manning would get all the headlines...while Brady got the rings! Regardless of yesterday's outcome, Tebow is still a huge success story. Love him or hate him he's a leader on his team, and a guy that just never gives up. He's got some of the same intangibles as Brady does. No matter what happens he will be in the news for the rest of the year, and even into the offseason. If you really do not want to hear his name the only thing to do is stay off these sites and don't watch sports programming on TV. I for one find it much less nauseating than a few years ago when all you heard was Michael Vick! And I still don't get why people rag him on the religion thing. It's his right to be religious, and that shouldn't bother people. One of the most important reasons this country was founded was for freedom of religion, meaning we should all be tolerant of others' beliefs. But lately it seems a lot of folks are interpreting this as freedom FROM religion, which is not the way our forefathers planned it. And I'd rather hear about Tebow doing good things than some s c u m b a g like Pacman running around the country shooting up strip clubs!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

If everyone would stop talking about hom much they don't like talking about Tebow then there would be alot less talk about Tebow.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

My rule is when you're really really really sick of talking about TT, start a TT thread!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

to not like tebow is to not like apple pie, americana, goodness, SANTA or lesser taxes. u may have to move PHILLY!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

In Response to Re: Why I don't like Tebow!:
    [QUOTE]My rule is when you're really really really sick of talking about TT, start a TT thread!
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

LOL-- that's funny.

But seriously, I have no problem with the guy.  And he's not the one writing articles about himself and putting himself on the front page of nfl.com.  Yeah he wears his beliefs on his sleeve, but who cares?  I'm not totally on board with his bible thumping, but it's not hurting anyone. 

I'm kind of rooting for him (except when he plays the Pats), just because I like to see people prove legions of critics wrong.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Why I don't like Tebow!:
    [QUOTE]Just went on NFL.com for the first time today and what do I find as their main headline, STILL TEBOW!! Get him away from my life for a few days it's breaking my heart at this stage. I wish the guys on here would stop saying that they like him as a person but not as  QB, I like him as an NFL player not an NFL QB and not as a person....why not as a person you many ask? Well the main reason is I have no idea what he's like as a person so to quote a sweet film " The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist". How much do we know anyone? Does Tiger Woods ring a bell to anyone? Tebow from the day and time he could think has been fed scripture and taught to love to Lord, who's to say somewhere along the road Tebow didn't have a dawning that maybe he dosn't believe or he's having doubts, say it was during his time in Florida when his rep had already been formed so he tells his agent and his agent tells him to keep it going because it makes him very polarizing and therefore a media dream, a very profitable media dream at that! So yeah quite ticked off this morning, Brady plays Hall of Fame ball and Tebow still gets all the headlines, it wouldn't happen with any other player!
    Posted by danemcmenamin[/QUOTE]

~The world of How Tim Tebow begins every single day of his life~

It's a busy Monday Morning in the life of Tim Tebow, the righteous messenger of God.   The day begins just as he wakes up with the alarm going off (finger points to Jesus in the sky to thank God that his alarm went off on time).  Hm-hm-hm, do-dee-doo...the start of your average Tim Tebow day is now underway... First things first...COFFEE.  "Mmm," thinks Timmy while takin' the first sip..."Per-fect cup" (finger point to Jesus for preparing him a great coffee).  O.k., gotta shower.  Turns it on...checks the water- 'Man, Just feel that water pressure and jet stream!' (finger point to Jesus for intervening last week when he went to Home Depot by guiding Tim to buy the deluxe model shower head massager).  Shower over.  Dressing himself...'Wow-perfectly fitting shirt!' (finger point to God, thanking him for directing the 3rd world slave labor shop worker for constructing such an awesome shirt, tailored just for Tim).  O'key-dokey.  Step outta the house, and...'Hey- It's not raining!' (finger point up to Jesus, thanking god for realizing that Tim's gotta get just a TON of stuff done today...Jesus, being fully aware that rain woulda slowed down Tebow's commute from the get-go).  And, 'What is this?!?' A NEWSPAPER by my feet!' (finger point to God for putting a newspaper on Tebow's doorstep).   O.k....opens car, starts it, radio on- 'Hey! I sorta kinda like this song!' (finger point to Jesus for Jesus's divine intervention with the radio dj...just for Tim).  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Yeah nearly instantly it came to me how stupid it is to write this. I hate Tebowmania essentially i have nothing against Tebow other than the fact that he sucks and gets more plaudits than my favourite player weekly. The media isn't his fault but they do have alot of pull when it comes to people's opinions. He seems like a good guy but since Woods I don't know about any celebrity anymore

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Why I don't like Tebow! : ~ The   world of How Tim Tebow begins every single day of his life ~   It's a busy Monday Morning in the life of Tim Tebow, the righteous mesenger of God.   The day begins just as he wakes up with alarm going off (finger points to Jesus in the sky to thank God that his alarm went off on time).  Hm-hm-hm, do-dee-doo...the strt of your average Tim Tebow day is now underway... First things first...COFFEE.  "Mmm," thinks Timmy while takin' the first sip..."Per-fect cup" (finger point to Jesus for awarding him a great coffee).  O.k., gotta shower.  Turns it on...checks the water- 'Man, Just feel that water pressure and jet stream!' (finger point to Jesus for intervening last week when he went to Home Depot by guiding Tim to buy the deluxe model shower head massager).  Shower over.  Dressing himself...'Wow-perfectly fitting shirt!' (finger point to God, thanking him for directing the 3rd world slave labor shop worker for constructing such an awesome shirt, tailored just for Tim).  O'key-dokey.  Step outta the house, and...'Hey- It's not raining!' (finger point up to Jesus, thanking god for realizing that Tim's gotta get just a TON of stuff done today...Jesus, being fully aware that rain woulda slowed down Tebow's commute from the get-go).  And, 'What is this?!?' A NEWSPAPER by my feet!' (finger point to God for putting a newspaper on Tebow's doorstep).   O.k....opens car, starts it, radio on- 'Hey! I sorta kinda like this song!' (finger point to Jesus for Jesus's divine intervention with the radio dj...just for Tim).     
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

Laz, you are the best, most creative writer here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Why I don't like Tebow! : ~ The   world of How Tim Tebow begins every single day of his life ~   It's a busy Monday Morning in the life of Tim Tebow, the righteous mesenger of God.   The day begins just as he wakes up with alarm going off (finger points to Jesus in the sky to thank God that his alarm went off on time).  Hm-hm-hm, do-dee-doo...the strt of your average Tim Tebow day is now underway... First things first...COFFEE.  "Mmm," thinks Timmy while takin' the first sip..."Per-fect cup" (finger point to Jesus for awarding him a great coffee).  O.k., gotta shower.  Turns it on...checks the water- 'Man, Just feel that water pressure and jet stream!' (finger point to Jesus for intervening last week when he went to Home Depot by guiding Tim to buy the deluxe model shower head massager).  Shower over.  Dressing himself...'Wow-perfectly fitting shirt!' (finger point to God, thanking him for directing the 3rd world slave labor shop worker for constructing such an awesome shirt, tailored just for Tim).  O'key-dokey.  Step outta the house, and...'Hey- It's not raining!' (finger point up to Jesus, thanking god for realizing that Tim's gotta get just a TON of stuff done today...Jesus, being fully aware that rain woulda slowed down Tebow's commute from the get-go).  And, 'What is this?!?' A NEWSPAPER by my feet!' (finger point to God for putting a newspaper on Tebow's doorstep).   O.k....opens car, starts it, radio on- 'Hey! I sorta kinda like this song!' (finger point to Jesus for Jesus's divine intervention with the radio dj...just for Tim).     
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

Haha awesome man I wouldn't doubt if this was actually how his day went, did you see him miked up? Do you think he always sings those cheesy christian songs, how does that not annoy his team mates?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Lol!  Thanx guys!  ...just tryin' ta get back to workin' it again.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

Praise to brother Laz.....workin it workin it.....put that cigar down

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah nearly instantly it came to me how stupid it is to write this. I hate Tebowmania essentially i have nothing against Tebow other than the fact that he sucks and gets more plaudits than my favourite player weekly. The media isn't his fault but they do have alot of pull when it comes to people's opinions. He seems like a good guy but since Woods I don't know about any celebrity anymore

We all have our moments.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I think this is probably a little better insight into a typical Tim Tebow day. He's been this way his whole life.  From Peter King:

I think NFL.com writer Jeff Darlington's piece out of Denver last night gives you a good view into Tim Tebow that you may have heard about but didn't know how it worked. Each game, home and road, Tebow has as his guest a young person who has gone through some medical or personal struggle, and win or lose, he spends 15 to 30 minutes with the person and his/her family afterward. On Sunday, after the loss to New England, Tebow met with brain-tumor victim Kelly Faughnan and her family. While Tebow and Kelly spoke, her father said to Darlington: "I can't begin to tell you the impact he's had on my daughter. She's very positive, and she tries so hard, but she's had a struggle. Tim Tebow has built her self-confidence up so much -- taught her to believe in herself -- that when I see people criticize him, I'm just dumbfounded. I don't get it. It's almost incomprehensible to me. I don't understand why anyone wouldn't want to see an athlete use his position and platform to do good for people." And that's Tebow. Forget his religion, forget his politics (if he has any). He's a good person who does good things. He's not the only one, and we in the media are remiss pointing out what other players do. But that shouldn't be a criticism of Tebow. I've found him genuine, as the dad says.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/12/19/Week15/index.html#ixzz1h0MLXETC

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

It's not Tebow, its the media and the NFL soap opera that causes stories like this.  Tebow is who he is....  So what?  However the media, encouraged by the NFL has made this a story.  We're stuck with it, move on.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

[QUOTE]I think this is probably a little better insight into a typical Tim Tebow day. He's been this way his whole life.  From Peter King: I think NFL.com writer  Jeff Darlington's piece out of Denver last night  gives you a good view into Tim Tebow that you may have heard about but didn't know how it worked. Each game, home and road, Tebow has as his guest a young person who has gone through some medical or personal struggle, and win or lose, he spends 15 to 30 minutes with the person and his/her family afterward. On Sunday, after the loss to New England, Tebow met with brain-tumor victim Kelly Faughnan and her family. While Tebow and Kelly spoke, her father said to Darlington: "I can't begin to tell you the impact he's had on my daughter. She's very positive, and she tries so hard, but she's had a struggle. Tim Tebow has built her self-confidence up so much -- taught her to believe in herself -- that when I see people criticize him, I'm just dumbfounded. I don't get it. It's almost incomprehensible to me. I don't understand why anyone wouldn't want to see an athlete use his position and platform to do good for people." And that's Tebow. Forget his religion, forget his politics (if he has any). He's a good person who does good things. He's not the only one, and we in the media are remiss pointing out what other players do. But that shouldn't be a criticism of Tebow. I've found him genuine, as the dad says. Read more:  http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/12/19/Week15/index.html#ixzz1h0MLXETC
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

Well this is just a great story and I feel like a fool. I hope this is him I really do I don't trust him though, he's too spotless much to spotless. I'll pull for him as a man after reading this it's somethin special. The line in the article says forget his religion, we can't possibly he won't let us...would tebowmania exist without the religon aspect?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]I think this is probably a little better insight into a typical Tim Tebow day. He's been this way his whole life.  From Peter King: I think NFL.com writer  Jeff Darlington's piece out of Denver last night  gives you a good view into Tim Tebow that you may have heard about but didn't know how it worked. Each game, home and road, Tebow has as his guest a young person who has gone through some medical or personal struggle, and win or lose, he spends 15 to 30 minutes with the person and his/her family afterward. On Sunday, after the loss to New England, Tebow met with brain-tumor victim Kelly Faughnan and her family. While Tebow and Kelly spoke, her father said to Darlington: "I can't begin to tell you the impact he's had on my daughter. She's very positive, and she tries so hard, but she's had a struggle. Tim Tebow has built her self-confidence up so much -- taught her to believe in herself -- that when I see people criticize him, I'm just dumbfounded. I don't get it. It's almost incomprehensible to me. I don't understand why anyone wouldn't want to see an athlete use his position and platform to do good for people." And that's Tebow. Forget his religion, forget his politics (if he has any). He's a good person who does good things. He's not the only one, and we in the media are remiss pointing out what other players do. But that shouldn't be a criticism of Tebow. I've found him genuine, as the dad says. Read more:  http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/12/19/Week15/index.html#ixzz1h0MLXETC
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting this. To give credit to all athletes who work hard and make it to each successive level from high school to college to professional ranks is reasonable. Charles Barkley once said, "I'm not a role model...." ...sometimes we have no control over what others think.

My compass and foundation is the Word. It appears to Tebow's compass too. I relate to him perhaps better than those who questions God's very presence.

Once, "...as Jesus started on his way, a man ran up to him and fell on his knees before him. "Good teacher," he asked, "what must I do to inherit eternal life?" "Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good—except God alone.""

Clearly, "...do not put your trust in princes, in human beings, who cannot save."

What troubles me is that Tebow claims no goodness and points to God for his ability. Yet, those who "hate" Tebow lose sight of that.

If anyone feels angst for Tebow they MUST look inside for where that angst comes from....is it angst toward God?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Runer. Show Runer's posts

Honestly, better Tebow that Favre or Rex Ryan..... and I am happy for Tebow.... they said he couldn't but he is. Gotta give the kid an A for grit and determination in the face of lack of skills......

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]to not like tebow is to not like apple pie, americana, goodness, SANTA or lesser taxes. u may have to move PHILLY!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

what happened to tebow out tebowing brady? tebow isn't an nfl qb, he stinks.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why I don't like Tebow! : Thanks for posting this. To give credit to all athletes who work hard and make it to each successive level from high school to college to professional ranks is reasonable. Charles Barkley once said, "I'm not a role model...." ...sometimes we have no control over what others think. My compass and foundation is the Word. It appears to Tebow's compass too. I relate to him perhaps better than those who questions God's very presence. Once, "...as Jesus started on his way, a man ran up to him and fell on his knees before him. " Good teacher ," he asked, "what must I do to inherit eternal life?" "Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. " No one is good—except God alone."" Clearly, "...do not put your trust in princes, in human beings, who cannot save." What troubles me is that Tebow claims no goodness and points to God for his ability. Yet, those who "hate" Tebow lose sight of that. If anyone feels angst for Tebow they MUST look inside for where that angst comes from....is it angst toward God?
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]

Could it be people feel he's not a very good QB who's now the most famous man in America and all becuase he has belief. Is it that he gets alot of attention he dosn't deserve because he's a polarizing figure. People like to see people get what they deserve, does he deserve all this fame for a few wins? How much money is he making from this...a hell of a lot, i'm sure he'll do good with it but still does he deserve all this for being a very good person with a few wins? There are so many good people in this world and bad things happen to them, are people ticked off that Tebow seems to have an unfair share of the luck, envy is such a powerful force!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

I have no problem with Tebow....my problem is with the headline starved media hacks. All Tebow does is play hard, wins quite often, and loves church. There are much better people to not like in the NFL....how about hating some of the druggies or some of the gun carrying thugs? Tebow is harmless.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukebusy. Show lukebusy's posts

Sounds like too many people here have self esteem issues and are taking it out on someone they would like to be more like.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why I don't like Tebow! : Well this is just a great story and I feel like a fool. I hope this is him I really do I don't trust him though, he's too spotless much to spotless. I'll pull for him as a man after reading this it's somethin special. The line in the article says forget his religion, we can't possibly he won't let us...would tebowmania exist without the religon aspect?

Excellent point.  The Patriots are known as the most philantropic team in the NFL.  But not widely known.  Myra Kraft took NFL philanthropy to new heights, along with the rest of the Kraft family.  And we have heard about it over the years.  But it was never like this.  All the Pats get involved.  But they have never received this much adoration for it.  Guys like Wilfork and Faulk are very dedicated to philanthropy, but you never read about in in MMQB or such.

Some posters here today ponder if it is driven by Tebow using the media, or driven by the media using Tebow.  Chicken and egg.  I think it is both, for better or worse, depending on your POV.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

It's the nature of the patriots to keep their activitys a secret, look at this man:

And yet we never hear about the good he does, in fact all we hear about is when he plays badly or when he enjoys his offseason with his wife and children where he wants to when it isn't Foxborough Massachusetts or should his hair grow long or should he cut his hair, or if he has a tif with his O coordinator.

Look at this man:

I hear about him every time he does anything worth talking about. 

Did any of you hear about the Patriots christmas event? Bet you didn't the only reason I heard about it is becuase i subscribe to the Patriots on Facebook, now if Tebow had done this it would have been national news...........why is this?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]It's the nature of the patriots to keep their activitys a secret, look at this man: And yet we never hear about the good he does, in fact all we hear about is when he plays badly or when he enjoys his offseason with his wife and children where he wants to when it isn't Foxborough Massachusetts or should his hair grow long or should he cut his hair, or if he has a tif with his O coordinator. Look at this man: I hear about him every time he does anything worth talking about.  Did any of you hear about the Patriots christmas event? Bet you didn't the only reason I heard about it is becuase i subscribe to the Patriots on Facebook, now if Tebow had done this it would have been national news...........why is this?

Does the final answer have anything to do with either the cr#ppy X-mas wrapping paper that they make cubscouts hock, OR something that might have occured during The Council of Nicea? If the answer is "Neither", then I'm at a loss... Ugh, I'm no good with getting the "entirely correct" type of response that they always seem to look for in these religious questions.

Sections
Shortcuts