Why I Haven't Performed, By Trent Richardson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Why I Haven't Performed, By Trent Richardson

Y'all remember that "brilliant" trade that was championed by our goldmine pal, UD6, a/k/a "The Dog(gggggg), a/k/a Gomez Addams...made by the Indianapolis Colts, to bring this modern day Ron Dayne aboard, early in the season? Richardson and his bloated contract only cost the Colts their #1 pick next season. In return, Trent has averaged a whopping 2.8 yards per carry with Indy.

But...according to Trent, his failings are the fault of the Indy coaching staff. After being benched, Reggie Wayne was asked if Richardson had come to him seeking advice on how to deal with the benching. Wayne responded [emphasis mine]:

"He came to me, he wasn't pouting or anything. This was the next day after he found out he was demoted and he said, "Now I can sit back and actually watch the way it's supposed to be done." He kind of feels that he was maybe forced into it early without actually learning it." 

Okay Trent...we see. LOL!!!

Here are some fan comments on Richardson's "explanation" for bombing out thus far in Indy:

1.) and was this the same excuse he used with the browns? please he has no vision can’t see open space and has no burst. bust squared 

2.) Maybe I'm under-thinking it, but when you get the ball handed to you, run forward and try to get yards. Seems he’s always slamming right into a pile of DL’s when he could be cutting back. He was literally tackled by a lineman laying on his back a couple weeks ago. The guy is built like a tank, but plays like a tricycle. 2 years with 2 teams averaging at or under 3.0 ypc… sorry bud, but it’s on you.

3.) He plays the easiest position in football. These excuses are getting laughable

4.) Even if this is true (and, frankly, I doubt that it is), it still means that the Colts gave up a first round pick for two years of production before Richardson is a free agent. Unless he puts up AP level numbers in 2014 and 2015, the Browns still fleeced the Colts.

Sorry...but 2.8 yards per carry? http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14884/trent-richardson

You be the judge: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/04/reggie-wayne-says-trent-richardson-felt-forced-into-offense-too-quickly/.

LOL!!!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Why I Haven't Performed, By Trent Richardson

Cool

Ol TP - getting to be just like Russ.  Always looking for opponents to kick.

It cannot be denied that this looks like a horrible deal, but as I said, I give the reigning exec of the year the benefit of the doubt.  Why?  He's the reigning exec of the year.  He's turned over something like 80% of the roster since Peyton Manning was here and replaced them with personnel that went from a 2 win team to the playoffs the following year and is on course for another playoff appearance amidst substantial injuries to the team.  Props to Ryan Grigson. 

The good news is that this player is on a rookie salary after the rookie salary limit.  He's not taking up significant cap space and if anything has been proven time and again by all teams including Mr. Belichick, late first round picks are never guaranteed to succeed. 

Tpatty - you should pick on another team - not one that has beaten San Fran, Seattle, and Denver. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Texas Pat, I don't believe I have seen this side of you before!

I like it! Bravo to you, Sir!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPatsFan12. Show NYPatsFan12's posts

pipe down, troll

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to NYPatsFan12's comment:

pipe down, troll

Interesting, I didn't see you around here for the longest time, then Rusty comes here and poof!  You arrive.  Interesting. 

Why don't you do everyone a favor, especially since you never talk any football, and not  clutter up this thread that someone else started with your idiotic game.  You want to do it to one I start then fine, leave other peoples threads alone.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPatsFan12. Show NYPatsFan12's posts

shut it, bustchise

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Trent Richardson is getting stuffed on most of his runs and it's not because of the Colts line.  Running back Donald Brown is averaging 5.3 ypc behind the same line.

No wonder, look at this run.  Trent took the path of the yellow arrow instead of the red arrow.

trent richardson run

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

In response to UD6's comment:

Cool

It cannot be denied that this looks like a horrible deal, but as I said, I give the reigning exec of the year the benefit of the doubt.  Why?  He's the reigning exec of the year.  He's turned over something like 80% of the roster since Peyton Manning was here and replaced them with personnel that went from a 2 win team to the playoffs the following year and is on course for another playoff appearance amidst substantial injuries to the team.  Props to Ryan Grigson. 

The good news is that this player is on a rookie salary after the rookie salary limit.  He's not taking up significant cap space and if anything has been proven time and again by all teams including Mr. Belichick, late first round picks are never guaranteed to succeed. 

Tpatty - you should pick on another team - not one that has beaten San Fran, Seattle, and Denver. 

He won Exec of the Year last year? Why?  Are you kidding me?  

Do not tell us about injuries either.  Also, your division blew up this year. Houston was out a month ago.  You're kidding yourself. You got giddy back in October and now it's exposing you.

You didn't know he won exec of the year?  Russ, you can't admit such things when you talk like you know everything.  It makes you look less than honest, but it'll be our secret. 

Why?  I already gave you that reason, but I'll do it again.  He blew up the team that existed prior to his arrival and reinvented it and with good coaching took that updated collection of personnel to the playoffs.  Who did better or more with less last year?  No one. 

Injuries are what they are.  The colts have had a number of them and are still succeeding.  And our division blowing doesn't matter, why?  Because the colts have beaten the 49ers, Seahawks, and Broncos. 

Houston almost beat the pats - I wouldn't use them as an example. 

And yes, I am giddy - still.  The colts aren't very good this year.  I assume that the issue is a combination of injuries and left over talent, but it doesn't matter.  When you have team that is not that good that finds a way to win against the best teams in the league while still knowing they are not that good - giddiness is exactly what happens. 

I feel like a broken record, but Russ pays so little attention that reiterating what has already been said is enough to make him look like an idiot. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Trent Richardson is getting stuffed on most of his runs and it's not because of the Colts line.  Running back Donald Brown is averaging 5.3 ypc behind the same line.

No wonder, look at this run.  Trent took the path of the yellow arrow instead of the red arrow.

trent richardson run

A couple of things - imo you are right and wrong and there are public opinions beyond mine to support it. 

The play you show does show running lanes, but that really isn't regularly the case.  Richardson is frequently running into a wall with no options but to bounce out or wait.  Brown hasn't had that problem.  Others have seen this too. 

But that doesn't mean that Richardson doesn't look like a timid runner.  He does. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

I think I could average more than 2.8 ypc. Honestly. Find the hole and dive, there 3 yards. The fact that he can't put up more ypc is sorry. He can't even bust out a big run over 10 yards! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Cool

RESPONSE: Do you still love this deal for Indy, Gomez?? Even you have to be concerned about the way the Colts have been playing lately. Their defense is awful, and their offense, despite Andrew Luck, is mediocre at best. Luck looks lost without Reggie Wayne...and is sitting duck behind his awful OL: http://espn.go.com/blog/indianapolis-colts/post/_/id/2470/colts-troubled-offensive-line-dealing-with-injuries?ex_cid=espnapi_public 

But, the Colts can surely shore up their OL through the deep 2014 draft. They can use their #1 pick...err...oh, thats right. So sorry...LOL!!!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LuvsThosePats. Show LuvsThosePats's posts

This is off-topic, but UD's avatar = Gomez Addams??  Hi --fuggin' -- larious!!!  I just had a huge belly laugh over that one.  I've been wondering who that's supposed to be a picture of.  Now, who is it really?

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

trent richardson run

A couple of things - imo you are right and wrong and there are public opinions beyond mine to support it. 

RESPONSE: Gomez, how is he "right and wrong"??? Please cite the so-called "public opinions beyond yours" which you claim lend support this ridiculous statement of yours?

The play you show does show running lanes, but that really isn't regularly the case.  Richardson is frequently running into a wall with no options but to bounce out or wait.  Brown hasn't had that problem.  Others have seen this too.

RESPONSE: Why does only Richardson "have this this problem", and not Brown? Who are the "others" who have seen this too, that you are referring to? Uncle Fester? Morticia? Lurch? Pugsley?  

But that doesn't mean that Richardson doesn't look like a timid runner.  He does. 

RESPONSE: A "timid runner"? Are you finally admitting that trading their #1 pick for Richardson was a major gaffe by the Colts, and your former "Executive of the Year"??

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Hey Gomez...this seems to go against your alleged "public opinions" on Richardson. Still waiting for a cite on those so-called "public opinions" of yours: http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2013-11-10/trent-richardson-trade-a-bust-colts-vs-rams-score-andrew-luck-sacks-hits-one-dimensional-afc

LOL!!! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

trent richardson run

Hey Gomez...here's some more "public opinion" on Richardson: http://www.stampedeblue.com/2013/12/2/5165598/paganos-decision-to-bench-richardson-will-have-ripples-within-colts

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:

Bad trade...smelled of desperation and good GM's don't make moves out of desperation, certainly not when RB's are readily available....this cannot be denied....now they've mortgaged their future somewhat and will not be as good a team as they were last year and next year  looks even worse as the Colts great young QB has his not very young best receiver a year older and coming off an injury...not cool UD, not cool at all......

Most RB's coming out of Alabama are pretty beat up and have tired , worn legs...also, they have been coached up to the max, so their ability to get better is limited, what you see is what you'll ever be getting.

The one thing I cannot agree with that Tex wrote is the RB is not a difficult position to play...it is for one reason...if you are ball carrier and get the ball on running plays on a regular basis you get the stuffing knocked out of you more than any other player with 2, 3 and 4 guys swacking you on every running play...I was glad I was a lineman in HS...it's no better for RB's when they catch passes...they usually get hit by LB's , not DB's...not for me, I might be the only one but I like the way my face looks... :)

And yet the current GM of the year (a label which would invalidate, no - obliterate, your assertion) did make this deal.  I am not sure how they mortgaged their future, and given your previous failure of assessement, I am unconvinced that you could effectively defend your statement.  How many 1st round picks on successful teams DON'T make it?  Think about it - What have the colts given up - THIS YEAR?  Nothing.  What are they giving up for next year, the 26th or 27th pick?  Sure they could have made a successful pick, but what if Richardson turns out to be a good running back next year while also contributing this year?  I believe you will find as many negatives at 26-32 as positives if you research the draft.  Maybe more negatives. 

I have said multiple times, the pick looks like a bad one, but the colts went to the playoffs last year and will be there again this year after going 2-14 2 years ago.  Grigson has turned over 80% of the roster.  Its not the same team, and they are succeeding.  That may be unprecedented in terms of turnover and turnaround. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Cool

RESPONSE: Do you still love this deal for Indy, Gomez?? Even you have to be concerned about the way the Colts have been playing lately. Their defense is awful, and their offense, despite Andrew Luck, is mediocre at best. Luck looks lost without Reggie Wayne...and is sitting duck behind his awful OL: http://espn.go.com/blog/indianapolis-colts/post/_/id/2470/colts-troubled-offensive-line-dealing-with-injuries?ex_cid=espnapi_public 

But, the Colts can surely shore up their OL through the deep 2014 draft. They can use their #1 pick...err...oh, thats right. So sorry...LOL!!!

Who is Gomez, Tipper?  I suggest you read my posts for your answer.  No need to ask answered questions my intellectually challenged friend. 

Not sure what you expected with Avery gone from last year, Allen on IR, Wayne on IR, Ballard on IR, Bradshaw on IR and an 80% staff turnover since 2011.  The colts certainly have a long way to go, but they are making progress nonetheless, went to the playoffs last year and will go again this year and have wins this year over SF, SEA, and DEN  - and Grigson has much to do with that. 

Your time will come when your team loses its centerpiece, and they will likely have the opportunity to prepare for that loss unlike the colts.  Even with that preparation, do you think the pats will succeed as well as the colts have.  Looking forward to that day. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Cool

He won Exec of the Year last year? Why?  Are you kidding me?  

Do not tell us about injuries either.  Also, your division blew up this year. Houston was out a month ago.  You're kidding yourself. You got giddy back in October and now it's exposing you.

You didn't know he won exec of the year?  Russ, you can't admit such things when you talk like you know everything.  It makes you look less than honest, but it'll be our secret. 

Why?  I already gave you that reason, but I'll do it again.  He blew up the team that existed prior to his arrival and reinvented it and with good coaching took that updated collection of personnel to the playoffs.  Who did better or more with less last year?  No one. 

Injuries are what they are.  The colts have had a number of them and are still succeeding.  And our division blowing doesn't matter, why?  Because the colts have beaten the 49ers, Seahawks, and Broncos. 

Houston almost beat the pats - I wouldn't use them as an example. 

And yes, I am giddy - still.  The colts aren't very good this year.  I assume that the issue is a combination of injuries and left over talent, but it doesn't matter.  When you have team that is not that good that finds a way to win against the best teams in the league while still knowing they are not that good - giddiness is exactly what happens. 

I feel like a broken record, but Russ pays so little attention that reiterating what has already been said is enough to make him look like an idiot. 

Yeah.  I guess that goes to show you how much I pay attention to fraud awards or people who don't deserve the award.

Explain why Grigson won the award.  Because they tanked, he was hired and Luck was the obvious #1 overall pick????? That's the reason?  What on earth?

What a pathetic, and I mean absolutely pathetic choice of Exec of the Year.   BB has been brilliant 100 times over in many seasons as  GM since 2000 and this organization has only won it a couple of times when they handed it to Pioli.

How on earth, can BB, clearly the best GM of the 2010 season, maybe even this year as well, not be winning these awards with Caserio? How is it possible?

Grigson signs up, takes Luck as the #1 overall and wins Exec of the Year? Just what kind of photos does Irsay have on Goodell over there?

Oh pathetic rusty - the only awards that you believe are not pathetic are those that are given to the pats.  Explain to me how going from 2-14 to 11-5 with an enormous roster turnover including the coaching staff, the leader or which comes down with cancer during the early season, is not deserving of the award?

Apparently you'd rather give it to the coach who goes from 13-3 and superbowl loser to 12-4 and superbowl watcher.   I honestly wonder what kind of photos Ernie Adams has on you. 

Sections
Shortcuts