Why I love our chances in the playoffs...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Why I love our chances in the playoffs...

Sure, the Pats got beat, but here's what I loved about their level of play against the 49ers. 

Talib was shutdown esque, he took away Crabtree and Moss when they lined up against him. 

McCourty is coming into his own as a Safety. He showed great play making ability against the 49ers with the lone INT in that game.

Dont'a Hightower is finally playing to potential, he gave Frank Gore a hit he won't soon forget. 

Brandon Lloyd and Brady getting in sync, I know, I know, it's week 16. It's taking too long, but since the 49ers decided to put their best CB on Welker and took him out of the game, I think people will continue this trend. It's up to Lloyd to pick up his level of play and he proved that he's not Deion Branch of last year. He posted 190 yards and it will only get better with Gronk pulling coverage. 

Woodhead played a great game, I hope he gets his role as the 3rd down RB back. He seems to be playing better now and Vereen isn't cutting it. 

Looks like BB finally dump Gregory, brought in Chung. He's bigger, faster, a better tackler, stronger and he intimedates.

Things look good for the Patriots going into the playoffs...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

Re: Why I love our chances in the playoffs...

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sure, the Pats got beat, but here's what I loved about their level of play against the 49ers. 

Talib was shutdown esque, he took away Crabtree and Moss when they lined up against him. 

McCourty is coming into his own as a Safety. He showed great play making ability against the 49ers with the lone INT in that game.

Dont'a Hightower is finally playing to potential, he gave Frank Gore a hit he won't soon forget. 

Brandon Lloyd and Brady getting in sync, I know, I know, it's week 16. It's taking too long, but since the 49ers decided to put their best CB on Welker and took him out of the game, I think people will continue this trend. It's up to Lloyd to pick up his level of play and he proved that he's not Deion Branch of last year. He posted 190 yards and it will only get better with Gronk pulling coverage. 

Woodhead played a great game, I hope he gets his role as the 3rd down RB role back. He seems to be playing better now and Vereen isn't cutting it. 

Looks like BB finally dump Gregory, brought in Chung. He's bigger, faster, a better tackler, stronger and he intemedates.

Things look good for the Patriots going into the playoffs...

[/QUOTE]

I agree. We are one of 12 teams that have a chance and one of perhaps 5 that could win it all. In the afc it's really only the pats, Denver or Houston. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Also we will have Gronk back (which you mentioned) and hopefully all our receivers happy at the same time...doesn't hurt lol.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Some really good points.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Yeah, definitally plenty to be optimistic about.  I love your point about Woodhead.  This guy has carved out a great niche for himself on this team.  If you ask me, he will be a Patriot for the long-haul.  Closest thing to a Faulk replacement that we could ever have hoped for.  He runs tough, is difficult for defenders to see at times, and most importantly has established himself as a very good pass catcher.  I really like our RB commitee right now, despite the case of fumbleitis that plagued Ridley and Vereen last Sunday.  I'll give them the benefit of the doubt this time and blame the conditions with hopes that they won't cough it up again this year. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoisesBiggestPatsFan. Show BoisesBiggestPatsFan's posts

I see a date with Denver for the AFC championship in our future.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ASO9771. Show ASO9771's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

despite the case of fumbelitis that plauged Ridley and Vereen last Sunday
    Remember when Faulk had fumbelitis...(sp) then he recovered???   I noticed he had some big'ol hefty forearm pads that seemed to be (?) "notched" (?) people here were salovating Faulks demise. Now, he is the epitome of the (historic Pat's) classic third down back. What was Faulks saving grace? Maybe give our backs those same forearm "notched" pads"

Were they legal? Faulk never got "called into the commisoniers office"  so ...? if it helps.. or drill the EFFFFFF out being hit IN the ball.

Woodhead has seemed to be a non master fumbler without...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

We don't lose again this season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

IMO -

Going forward  , the key to any eventual Pats loss is likely going to come due to poor play at the 2nd safety position opposite McCourty.

Patrick Chung was spotty at best before he got injured .

Steve Gregory at times looks like a boy among men .

BB's controversial 2nd rounder Tavon Wilson seems to have continually taken backward steps from his early season success and now appears to have whithered away to an afterthought .

I wouldn't be surprised to see the remaining games against Jax / Mia. used as litmus test for the three above .

ALSO ...

KICKOFFS

Considering McCourtys ever increasing value to the teams D backfield coupled with the fact he may be the most pedestrian kick returner in the NFL right now , I think we'll be better served to use these upcoming games to find his replacement .

Any suggestions ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

+ Spikes and Welker probably will be healthier !!! they played in one leg vs the 49`s...

LETS GET HEALTHY AND HOLD ON TO THE FOOTBALL !!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Have to disagree on 2 points in the op.  First Hightower needs to keep hitting but also wrap up. He also needs to keep an eye on QB when pass rushing and not let QB break contain.

2nd chung has no ability to make a single football play except to take up space.  He will be out of the league next year and hopefully won't be in any position to cost this team  any more games before that eventuality.  He must have a nice personality since that is the only way he still collects a pay check.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Have to disagree on 2 points in the op.  First Hightower needs to keep hitting but also wrap up. He also needs to keep an eye on QB when pass rushing and not let QB break contain.

2nd chung has no ability to make a single football play except to take up space.  He will be out of the league next year and hopefully won't be in any position to cost this team  any more games before that eventuality.  He must have a nice personality since that is the only way he still collects a pay check.

[/QUOTE]

bb backs his man, long past time he should. plenty of examples

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to CaptnFoxboro's comment:
    [QUOTE]

IMO -

Going forward  , the key to any eventual Pats loss is likely going to come due to poor play at the 2nd safety position opposite McCourty.

Patrick Chung was spotty at best before he got injured .

Steve Gregory at times looks like a boy among men .

BB's controversial 2nd rounder Tavon Wilson seems to have continually taken backward steps from his early season success and now appears to have whithered away to an afterthought .

I wouldn't be surprised to see the remaining games against Jax / Mia. used as litmus test for the three above .

ALSO ...

KICKOFFS

Considering McCourtys ever increasing value to the teams D backfield coupled with the fact he may be the most pedestrian kick returner in the NFL right now , I think we'll be better served to use these upcoming games to find his replacement .

Any suggestions ?

[/QUOTE]

anyone to catch and down it.

re your referendum, foget it we need a 2nd starting safety in fa ie goldson, byrd and ideally a corner as well opposite. talib is good keep hi. dennard is decent when in man. arrington should be cut and not come back.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

I agree, Gronk's injury really was a huge difference. The PATS were able to outplay Houston w/o him, but the 49ers got a chance to see what they did, I just don't think we will lose with Gronk. Last week's game was a L but I saw Brady with that fire in his eyes and I haven't seen that in a few years.. He wants to WIN it ALL. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

If the Pats come ready to play like they did vs HOU, they can beat anyone.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Get healthy and the only way they lose if they beat themselves, which is why the 4 turnovers in the first half was so maddeing last Sunday.

[/QUOTE]

Did you hear the ball was wet junior? The 9ers fumbled 6 times. Do you think they just suck too, or maybe the conditions contributed? Dense.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

This season has been weird, don't pencil in the Texans or Broncos winning out.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Keep this in mind when we face Gomer in Denver:

Kaepernick's 4 TDs - 24 yds, 34 yds, 27 yds, 38 yds.  Without Manningham either.  

It's the same old, same old.  O will need to put up 40+ points.  As long as Arrington and Dennard are picked on, the secondary will be throttled. Uh, Gomer is better than Kaepernick I would say....

[/QUOTE]

Okay, since you want to be a cynic, the Moss 24 yard TD was a bad read by Devin, but it's a mistake 90% of all Safeties would make. I doubt he makes that mistake again. 

Walker's 34 yards wasn't on Dennard, it was on Gregory's stupidity. He was out of postion and Alfonzo had tried to pick up Gregory's man, too. Chung's should be back in the line-up now, so I doubt we see as much funks. 

Crabtree's 27 yard TD was, once again, on Gregory. He let his guy get past him and he split the safeties. Had he put a shoulder on Crabtree he would've slowed him down while McCourty take the top position (Similar to the McCourty INT where Gregory put a shoulder on Moss while McCourty cut trhough it.)

Crabtree's 38 was on Arrington's bad tackling, he doesn't belong on the field. I would rather go with Marquice in the slot, but I'm not calling the shots. Dennard would have made a stop. 

I notice how you didn't get on the ST or Offense in your post though. Like someone mentioned above, the Patriots offense and Special Teams gave the 49ers a short field most of the game. Notice how the 49ers scored 41 points but Kapernick only threw for 216 yards? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Good points. The Patriots have been playing extremely well, the short field turnovers hurt then Sunday night but that happens sometimes. Having a healthy Gronk makes them even better. The Patriots can beat any of these teams no matter where they play.