Why I love our chances in the playoffs...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Re: Why I love our chances in the playoffs...

In response to LittleTimmy31's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If the Pats come ready to play like they did vs HOU, they can beat anyone.

[/QUOTE]

I completely agree. Unfortunately, if the come out like they did against the 49ers in the playoffs it will be in end of the Pats season in a hurry...

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

We don't lose again this season.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Let's be honest. It comes down to Brady and his quality of play. If he's SF sloppy, we lose. If he's good and plays clean, we probably win.

It's really that simple. 

Every game he's thrown 1 or more INTs, we barely lose, but we still lose. It's rare any Brady multiple INT game, we see our D bail him out every game.  

[/QUOTE]

Let's be honest????  BWAAHAAAA

Dear Richard,

TB did not fumble twice in his own territory, miss horrendous ST tackles, allow 68 yrd returns,  commit penalties to put them back on several drives, commit several drops, nor did he allow 4  one throw TD's.  (all over 25 yards)

Those were all on someone else. 

What he did do was bring the team back from a 28 pt hole as a result of all those fore mentioned things.  Hell, his rushing ypc was better than your 2.6ypc, lead back. and tackled to stop a TD.

You need to clean up your own sloppy, delusional self and stop blaming the only reason they were in the game.  Without TB the score is 70-0.  Without TB, they are the JETS or Jags.  Hell, maybe not even that as both teams have a better pass D.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Let's be honest. It comes down to Brady and his quality of play. If he's SF sloppy, we lose. If he's good and plays clean, we probably win.

It's really that simple. 

Every game he's thrown 1 or more INTs, we barely lose, but we still lose. It's rare any Brady multiple INT game, we see our D bail him out every game.  

[/QUOTE]

Let's be honest????  BWAAHAAAA

Dear Richard,

TB did not fumble twice in his own territory, miss horrendous ST tackles, allow 68 yrd returns,  commit penalties to put them back on several drives, commit several drops, nor did he allow 4  one throw TD's.  (all over 25 yards)

Those were all on someone else. 

What he did do was bring the team back from a 28 pt hole as a result of all those fore mentioned things.  Hell, his rushing ypc was better than your 2.6ypc, lead back. and tackled to stop a TD.

You need to clean up your own sloppy, delusional self and stop blaming the only reason they were in the game.  Without TB the score is 70-0.  Without TB, they are the JETS or Jags.  Hell, maybe not even that as both teams have a better pass D.

[/QUOTE]

Does this mean you want Brady to be mediocre or bad again in his 4th straight postseason?

That's odd for a Pats fan to want that knowing the QB quality in this league now.

Very odd.

[/QUOTE]

Don't have time to argue with a moron todaY but, SINCE YOU ASKED, WHAT I WANT IS FOR YOU TO QUIT THE THE BLATENT BS, lies and distortion.

Get a brain or take what ever meds you need to make what little brain you have, actually function.

And what I want and what most people want is; the rest of the team holding up their part of the bargain and not put the whole freaken thing on one person or 1/3rd of the team.

That is all.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

There is not a team in the NFL that the Pats cannot beat at home or on the road.  Extend that to the neutral field of the SB too.  This team, if it plays well, can beat anybody.  The D is more capable of showing up and making plays and the offense is better too.  I don't care what the record says or if the Pats are a wild card team.  They have a decent shot of returning to the SB which is amazing in itself in that most SB losers are not in the position to return a year later. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from noncallcity. Show noncallcity's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

We don't lose again this season.

That's what I'm talkin' about!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ipotnyc's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Keep this in mind when we face Gomer in Denver:

Kaepernick's 4 TDs - 24 yds, 34 yds, 27 yds, 38 yds.  Without Manningham either.  

It's the same old, same old.  O will need to put up 40+ points.  As long as Arrington and Dennard are picked on, the secondary will be throttled. Uh, Gomer is better than Kaepernick I would say....

[/QUOTE]

I am assuming you're kidding, right?  Pee Wee Herman could have put up 2 TDs with that kind of field position in succession.

Asking any D to defend short fields like that will not yield positive results. Would have been great if they held them to a FG like they did off one of the Brady INTs, but come on.

Denver is dreading a NE matchup becuase their LBs can't cover and their Run D isn't that good as a result. 

Denver's D is a playaction QB's dream or one that can be shredded by a good or great offense. Denver hasn't beaten anyone in 2 months.  All the elite QBs they've played this year have shredded them.

Their luck is about to run out.  The conference will come down to NE and Houston likely with a rematch in Houston.

It also should be very interesting to see how Gomer handles the weather now.  Very interesting. No more dome for Gomer.

[/QUOTE]

I don't know why anybody even responds to him anymore.  I have literally never seen him post anything positive about the Patriots.  He's never come here before up until this season.  Hmmm, I wonder why?  Depressed that the B's aren't playing so he comes here and spews his negative garbage so everybody is miserable as him.  His buddy Bisson is the same.  

They're two hockey goons who took a puck too many to the head who now think they know football and try to act like they love the Pats.  They're not fooling anybody.  Go back to the B's board and discuss how corrupt the owners of the NHL are.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

bb backs his man, long past time he should. plenty of examples

[/QUOTE]

Yeah.  I don't agree with this at all.  Belichick is one of the most ruthless personnel evaluators in the league.  One of the reasons he gets so much crap for his picks that bust is that once he determines you can't contribute he cuts them quickly instead of letting them hang around on the roster like other teams do.  Chung might be gone next year, but he isn't sticking with him out of loyalty.  He benched him for crying out loud.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]

It's really that simple. 

[/QUOTE]
    Rock, you are really laying this loss at the feet of TB?  Come on!  SF scored 3 TDs on the Pats D with only 5 offensive plays.  Then, after the Pats tie the game, the ST folks give up a 62 yard return then the D gives up a TD in a single 38 yard play.   If the D could have at least forced the 49'ers to take more than those 5 plays to score the TDs, the outcome could have been different.  You place WAY TOO MUCH emphasis on TB and his contributions to the team, or mistakes, as being the root causes for losses. TB does not play defense, they gave up the 41 points!

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Rock...  I see where you are coming from, but, answer this..  without knowing the opponents score, and you read that the Pats put up 34 points in a game with Brady throwing for over 400 yards, you say:  "The Pats won." correct?   But, the 49'ers got a lot of good bounces and lack luster play on the part of the Pats D to score 41 points.  Once again, Brady brought the Pats back from a deficit in the second half, 28 points this time, to tie the game in the space of 18 minutes or so and against that 49ers D!  Did you expect that?  Most likely not.  And just like we have experienced in the past, the D gives up big plays in the end of the game to lose it.  Brady can't stop that!!! 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rock...  I see where you are coming from, but, answer this..  without knowing the opponents score, and you read that the Pats put up 34 points in a game with Brady throwing for over 400 yards, you say:  "The Pats won." correct?   But, the 49'ers got a lot of good bounces and lack luster play on the part of the Pats D to score 41 points.  Once again, Brady brought the Pats back from a deficit in the second half, 28 points this time, to tie the game in the space of 18 minutes or so and against that 49ers D!  Did you expect that?  Most likely not.  And just like we have experienced in the past, the D gives up big plays in the end of the game to lose it.  Brady can't stop that!!! 

[/QUOTE]

RockScully is a Brady hating Jets fan.  Why is anyone even responding to him?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

RockScully is a Brady hating Jets fan.  Why is anyone even responding to him?

[/QUOTE]Is it possible to "convert" him into a Pats Defense hating person and take the heat off of TB?  Seems he ignores that side of the equation all the time!!!!

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Good, positive post. 

I'll add.

1.) I *like* that they won't get a week off this time. Change it up. Stay in rhythm.

2.) I *like* that they've had to go without Gronk down the stretch. 

a.) It has allowed Brady to get more reps in with Lloyd, who could be the first perimeter WR  

to get 1000 yards in this offense since Moss, and the first since Terry Glenn before that. 

b.) It has forced NE to play different packages, like the old-school McD/Weiss spread with

three true wideouts giving the whole offense reps in it. 

3.) I *like* that NE has faced defensive injuries as well, getting different players experience at  

different spots. 

4.) I *like* that all of their injured players are coming back a week/2 weeks before the playoffs,

so they can get a nice tune-up in. 

5.) As has been explained, it does mean road games, but then it's better to get road playoff

experience. Half of these players have only *lost* on the road in the postseason. 

6.) I *like* that they've taken a rare December loss, and actually played a bad, but potentially    

humbling game down the stretch. For years they have made it look inevtiable that they

would win the big game. This time they might be even more focused. 

If I'm coaching them, I'm trying to get Ridley back out there right away to get him into a groove of sorts. I want to keep running a bit more 3-4, they ran a lot with some really mixed results against SF, but it's nice to have options. 

I'm bracing for playing in Denver, because drawing Cincy in round one pretty much assures that path. Unless Denver has a brainfart and drops a game vaulting NE to the #2 seed. 

Sections
Shortcuts