Why I love our chances in the playoffs...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Why I love our chances in the playoffs...

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Let's be honest. It comes down to Brady and his quality of play. If he's SF sloppy, we lose. If he's good and plays clean, we probably win.

It's really that simple. 

Every game he's thrown 1 or more INTs, we barely lose, but we still lose. It's rare any Brady multiple INT game, we see our D bail him out every game.  

[/QUOTE]

Brady played horrid in last year's playoff game against the Ravens and we still won.  

To win out we have to play well in all three phases, we can't just laud Brady when he plays well and lay it at his feet when we lose. Football is a TEAM sport, we can't just dimiss this when pushing our own personal agendas.

I will agree that against superior competition like the 49ers or Texans Brady has to play well for us to win, but only because they are so good, not because we can't win if Brady is off.  With our running game now we should be able to grind out the low scoring wins as well, assuming of course that we don't fumble four times...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There is not a team in the NFL that the Pats cannot beat at home or on the road.  Extend that to the neutral field of the SB too.  This team, if it plays well, can beat anybody.  The D is more capable of showing up and making plays and the offense is better too.  I don't care what the record says or if the Pats are a wild card team.  They have a decent shot of returning to the SB which is amazing in itself in that most SB losers are not in the position to return a year later. 

[/QUOTE]

Agree.  I know this D will be there. They're better than what they were last year across the board: Depth, experience, talent, etc.

Here's the thing:  Don't turn it over, and over the duration of the game, the other  team will make more mistakes or end up losing control, with NE pulling away.

It's that simple. It's the recipe BB had for the tune of 3 SBs.      Pezzy and his fellow Washers don't like this statement, because they know Brady has been turning it over A LOT more in the postseason since 2007, than he should be. The facts don't like whether it was with a veteran, loaded D in 2007 or last year with a young and ascending D.

There's is absolutey no way around it. As great as he's been in the regular season, deep down Brady knows it means jack squat unless he does some similar things in the postseason.  He needs to erase his recent mediocre play in postseasons overall.  He can do that by being more under center, running it and not turning it over.  2 INTs is not nothing in a tightly contested game just like it wouldn't have been in the 3 SBs he helped win. 

He can't hide behind the fact he has limited personnel or this or that.  This D helped put him in the SB last year, played good enough to win it last year, and is BETTER this year. 

Don't throw picks, Tom.  There's your path to the SB.  I hope they keep Gronk out this week and then let him go for Week 17 vs Miami.

Get tuned up for the likely Wild Card rd, likely against Pitt.    Then unleash hell the way it needs to be, running the ball with Ridley and Bolden splitting lead carries, a dash of Woodhead and Vereen, etc.

[/QUOTE]

Cuckoo Bird is back I see...  

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to themightypatriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Rock...  I see where you are coming from, but, answer this..  without knowing the opponents score, and you read that the Pats put up 34 points in a game with Brady throwing for over 400 yards, you say:  "The Pats won." correct?   But, the 49'ers got a lot of good bounces and lack luster play on the part of the Pats D to score 41 points.  Once again, Brady brought the Pats back from a deficit in the second half, 28 points this time, to tie the game in the space of 18 minutes or so and against that 49ers D!  Did you expect that?  Most likely not.  And just like we have experienced in the past, the D gives up big plays in the end of the game to lose it.  Brady can't stop that!!! 

[/QUOTE]

RockScully is a Brady hating Jets fan.  Why is anyone even responding to him?

[/QUOTE]Is it possible to "convert" him into a Pats Defense hating person and take the heat off of TB?  Seems he ignores that side of the equation all the time!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Did you just say "take the heat off Brady"?  How dumb are you here?  I had no idea, you too, were a Washer.  Oh my god.

Facts:

1. Brady is surrounded by a top 5 OL coached up by Dante Scarnecchia.

2. Brady has such a luxury as QB that BB can sign binkies off the street after they're cut simply because BB has a haandshake agreeement that they won't sign elsewhere. Stallworth and Branch are reflections of this. No other QB has this kind of a pipeline. 

3. NE has a deep crop of RBs with varying skill sets for Brady.

4. NE has a top notch TE group.

5. This is an offensive era in the NFL, never seen before with Goodell making it easier to score points based on how he expects officials to call games, FAVORING OFFENSES.

This doesn't even count the fact that NE's D generates on average two turnovers per game, leading the AFC in this area, which provides our lethal offense with TWO MORE drives per game than most offenses!

How is the "heat on Brady"?

[/QUOTE]

Hey Rusty wash this.

Fact, Brady throws to where Welker is suppose to be but Welker slows down after being bumped because he's begging for a flag.  defender keeps running INT!

Brady then make a TD saving tackle (Ugly as it was) and the Pats get a turnover on Talibs fumble recovery.  No SF points on that INTs.

Brady hit Hern in the hand and the ball bounces into the Defenders hand.

Pats D hold SF to FG.

Total of three points on TB Turnovers.

So did he cost them the game?  No he brought them back to tie it in the 4th quarter.  How about a little credit where it's due?

OK you can call me a Moron and a dummy now I can take it...Merry Christmas

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Let's be honest. It comes down to Brady and his quality of play. If he's SF sloppy, we lose. If he's good and plays clean, we probably win.

It's really that simple. 

Every game he's thrown 1 or more INTs, we barely lose, but we still lose. It's rare any Brady multiple INT game, we see our D bail him out every game.  

[/QUOTE]

Brady played horrid in last year's playoff game against the Ravens and we still won.  

To win out we have to play well in all three phases, we can't just laud Brady when he plays well and lay it at his feet when we lose. Football is a TEAM sport, we can't just dimiss this when pushing our own personal agendas.

I will agree that against superior competition like the 49ers or Texans Brady has to play well for us to win, but only because they are so good, not because we can't win if Brady is off.  With our running game now we should be able to grind out the low scoring wins as well, assuming of course that we don't fumble four times...

[/QUOTE]

That's because of the D.  That's also an outlier example that our friends the Ballwashers here don't recognize. The D got us into the SB last year, without question. But, that's an outlier example. Generally, a QB seemingly being that reckless with the ball with a lead and throwing wildly will lose against a good opponent. 

The D  just bailed them out in Miami 3 weeks ago and made plays early in the Houston game to set the tone for that barrage of scoring to even occur. 

It doesn't matter.  They'll never, ever think the D is good enough and they will make excuses galore if Brady isn't playing well this January.  For this board's sake, it best not happen again. The jig is up. Run the ball and run it enough to protect Brady because he's proven he can't pass 40+ times when it matters.

I have no personal agenda when it comes to Brady. I know a SB winning QB needs to play well.  This isn't 1971 where he can be average and a defensive battle ensues between Earl Morrall's Colts and the Cowboys with a 13-10 score.

Ain't happening.  Brady has one of the largest contracts in this league for a reason.

[/QUOTE]
    OK for those of you that don't normally watch Playoff football, the teams that get to the playoffs are usually better than the adverage team you play in the regular season.  It stands to reason that you point totals in the playoff will fall.  So expecting your QB to play the same or better against these Elite type teams it rediculous.  Look at Payton Mannings point totals in the playoff especially against D from the early 2000's Pats.  More INTs than TDs and a whole lot fewer points than his 30+ points per game in the regular season.

Rusty you're better off not rebutting this you'll look more like a Jets Fan if you do!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Rock... you are so FOCUSED on what TB has done wrong or made mistakes, you, essentially, totally ignore the other shortcomings of the team that led to this loss.  For the most part I see Brady this and Brady that and not much of defense this and defense that.  I guess if the defense gives up 50 points, you'll expect Brady to lead the offense to 51 points and if he doesn't, it is TB's fault the team lost.  I am not defending Brady as you think, it is my observation you are very one sided in placing the blame.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

It's really that simple. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Wozzy, name a team QB that doesn't have to at least play decent, if not well, so their team has a chance to win a game?  That QB may not have to play lights out, but, can protect the ball and not make mistakes leading to a defeat.  In Rusty's eyes, the loss is all on Brady.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Really?  4 teams played on championship weekend last year and scored as follows:

Niners:  17

Giants:  20

Ravens:  20

Pats:  23

Aren't you the same guy who said, all that matters is the final score, stats are for losers?  Well Brady led his team to more points than any other team in the final 4 of the NFL - so I'd say he played pretty darn good.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"To win out we have to play well in all three phases, we can't just laud Brady when he plays well and lay it at his feet when we lose. Football is a TEAM sport, we can't just dimiss this when pushing our own personal agendas."

Wozzy thanks for that. Don't always agree with your posts but really appreciate how you handle yourself in here. You don't have to put down those who disagree with you with cheesy namecalling, you just make your points, and do it well. 

Rusty, I'm going to break this down for you one more time, I'm sure it's hopeless, but: 

Yes, you are right, in that a Trent Dilfer style QB is probably not winning a championship in today's NFL. 

But then you make a leap in logic to say that a championship QB has to play perfect for a team to win a Super Bowl. 

Nope. 

In fact a championship caliber team should be good enough to endure one sub-par performance from their QB. For two reasons: if the QB has to play perfect to win, they'll take too many chances. QBs need to be able to play it a bit looser to win in the postseason, not stress about perfect performance. Second, as Wozzy said, it's a team game. The fact remains in the last two Super Bowls we lost our defense had chances to make plays to win the game for us. And didn't. Pretty simple, Brady walks off the field and we're ahead, and when he gets back on there is not enough time on the clock to drive back one more time. 

The year Peyton won a ring, he had a stinker. Eli played with huge confidence partially on the strength of his defense. Big Ben played a stinker in a Super Bowl and won! The list goes on. QB play is not about perfectionism. 

It matters who you are throwing to. Most of us (rightly) think a healthy Gronk is the difference in that game. 

And so on. 

Brady did get outplayed in those two games by Eli, not by much but by enough. And yet he played well enough to win. Shocking. Because it's a team game. 

For such a smart guy you do seem to have trouble understanding how difficult it is to play QB. You think Eli stinks, You think Kapernick stinks. I assume you think Big Ben stinks. You're grading the QB position on a ridiculous curve that has nothing to do with winning championships. Yeah and tell us all again how Brady took control of the offense from Bill Belichick and is addicted to the shotgun, we get to hear that one all the time without a shred of credible evidence that Bill would give up control of his team - to anyone.

Just stop it with the name calling of anyone who disagrees with your positions. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

TrollSpanker...  all good points which probably fell onto "blind" eyes!  Rusty is blind to the fact the D gave up 41 points and laid the loss on TB who was able to lead the offense to 34 points in spite of a horrible first half.  How many QBs can do that? The Pats made mistakes, but, more were on the D side, yet, TB is to blame in Rusty's eyes.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

TrollSpanker...  all good points which probably fell onto "blind" eyes!  Rusty is blind to the fact the D gave up 41 points and laid the loss on TB who was able to lead the offense to 34 points in spite of a horrible first half.  How many QBs can do that? The Pats made mistakes, but, more were on the D side, yet, TB is to blame in Rusty's eyes.

[/QUOTE]

"More were on the D's side"?  No team will ever win a game turning it over 4 times to a top notch team like that.  Ain't happening.

You drooling over Brady's great second half proves my point. Entire halves of inept play by our offense has us LOSING games.

Get it?   Bloated stats mean JACK SQUAT if they only occur in sporadic moments.  It's why the 1980s Chargers, Dolphins or 90s Bills never won a SB. 

Jesus. Since when did some of our fans want the Colts teams of the 2000s here?

[/QUOTE]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Blind and ignorant NYJ troll whose only purpose in life is to build up his pitiful existence by trying to discredit the accomplishments of the G.O.A.T., on BDC 24/7/365.

Well guess what, troll girl, it's not working..  You are now more exposed than the day you were born and probably not as smart as your momma surely dropped you on your head.

No one agrees with you, no matter how many times you repeat it, and no one wants to hear your morose cries for attention any more.  

He11, even most of your made up accounts have turned on you.  How pathetic is that?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

BB reportedly plays a team better the second time they meet in a season.  He has seen Houston and Denver, the Patriots' two likely opponents for the divisional round and for the AFC Championship.  The Pats don't seem to be afraid of Houston.  BB has seen San Francisco and Seattle, by far the two hottest NFC teams. 

The Patriots are a young team, with several rookie and second year starters on the field.  Solder, Ridley, Shane Vereen and Marcus Cannon are all from 2011.  Jones, Hightower and Dennard are all 2012 draftees.  McCourty, Gronk, Cunningham, Spikes, Hernandez and Mesko are all from 2010.  Youth is one reason that the Patriots get better as the season goes deep.

The Patriots are a mudder team, designed for January.  They hit hard-thrown five yard passes over the middle.  They run, especially with Gronk playing, but also Daniel Fells run-blocks well.  This should help them in the wild card round.  Peyton Manning throws bombs, which would be a more useful threat in September than in January when bombs are hard to catch in Denver or in Foxboro.

I see a fair chance that Baltimore finishes the season on a five game losing streak (that requires a lot of faith in the Giants making the playoffs!), in which case they would play #3 seed New England in the Wild Card round.  I would then favor New England over Baltimore by a 16.0 point margin.  Baltimore has been looking pretty shabby lately.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Really?  4 teams played on championship weekend last year and scored as follows:

Aren't you the same guy who said, all that matters is the final score, stats are for losers?  Well Brady led his team to more points than any other team in the final 4 of the NFL - so I'd say he played pretty darn good.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry but wasn't this the game Brady said he sucked in?  I don't think 2 INT's and 0 TD's is Brady's idea of "darn good."

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/recap/20120122017/baltimore-ravens--new-england-patriots

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to IrishMob7's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to ipotnyc's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Keep this in mind when we face Gomer in Denver:

Kaepernick's 4 TDs - 24 yds, 34 yds, 27 yds, 38 yds.  Without Manningham either.  

It's the same old, same old.  O will need to put up 40+ points.  As long as Arrington and Dennard are picked on, the secondary will be throttled. Uh, Gomer is better than Kaepernick I would say....

[/QUOTE]

I am assuming you're kidding, right?  Pee Wee Herman could have put up 2 TDs with that kind of field position in succession.

Asking any D to defend short fields like that will not yield positive results. Would have been great if they held them to a FG like they did off one of the Brady INTs, but come on.

Denver is dreading a NE matchup becuase their LBs can't cover and their Run D isn't that good as a result. 

Denver's D is a playaction QB's dream or one that can be shredded by a good or great offense. Denver hasn't beaten anyone in 2 months.  All the elite QBs they've played this year have shredded them.

Their luck is about to run out.  The conference will come down to NE and Houston likely with a rematch in Houston.

It also should be very interesting to see how Gomer handles the weather now.  Very interesting. No more dome for Gomer.

[/QUOTE]

I don't know why anybody even responds to him anymore.  I have literally never seen him post anything positive about the Patriots.  He's never come here before up until this season.  Hmmm, I wonder why?  Depressed that the B's aren't playing so he comes here and spews his negative garbage so everybody is miserable as him.  His buddy Bisson is the same.  

They're two hockey goons who took a puck too many to the head who now think they know football and try to act like they love the Pats.  They're not fooling anybody.  Go back to the B's board and discuss how corrupt the owners of the NHL are.

[/QUOTE]

Firstly, Been on this board and posting about the Pats for 7 years.  

Secondly, bfore you categorize someone about never saying anything positive, I suggest you go through every single one of the 5,700 posts to make a fair assessment of where I stand on this one.  TO be quite honest I've heaped quite a bit a praise on this team.

Thirdly, you DO realize the pic function on the new platform has been disabled, so no one has been able to change their avatars since the new system went up.  So, we are stuck with whatver post was on their last season.  Turns out I was following the B's from February through May, AFTER the Pats lost the SB.

Fourthly, I equally root for all the hometown teams.

Fifth, once you learn to stop crowning the Pats SB champs every season of your short teenage girl life so far, you'll learn something about football.  We all want the Pats to win the SB, but blind submission to as a yet unattained outcome is a sign of either stupidity or insanity.

Apparently, you don't know the years when some of us cheered just for a flippin victory. Ask your father or husband.  Sad how spoiled you are.  If you weren't a girl, I'd have choicer words to say.

[/QUOTE]

Do you realize this is exactly my sentiment towards you always bashing the Pats on any given situation?  If you truly were a 'diehard' fan pre-Kraft then you would realize how good we have it and stop bashing the Pats and demeaning their achievements.  All I ever hear from you is "wahh, the D can't stop a good offense to save their life, the Pats are never gonna win another Super Bowl with this crappy D, the Pats are wasting away Tom's best years, the 49ers absolutely destroyed us and we will not win the Super Bowl this year because we can't beat a good D and our D sux."

There is no blind submission in my judgement of the Pats.  I realize they have their deficiencies, just like every other team in the NFL.  I also realize how much parity there is in this league which makes our inconceivable decade-long run that much more delightful.  Hence, why I get annoyed with you constantly ragging on the Pats minor deficiencies on the gamethread.  It's obnoxious.  Try to channel your inner-90s self and realize how grateful we should be.

And enough with this little 'girl' cop out namecalling.  You sound like an insecure 11 year old attempting to be clever.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to BoisesBiggestPatsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I see a date with Denver for the AFC championship in our future.

[/QUOTE]

Will not happen---- Pats will face Denver in 2nd round then have to beat Houston in Houston in AFC Championship game---the Arizona and Seattle games killed us--gonna have to do it the hard way--oh well.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah. All those teams have stacked defenses. Can't help but repeat the adage that defense wins championships. Defense and great Qbs. Everything else is just fluff. 

Sections
Shortcuts