Why I think the Saints could win

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Why I think the Saints could win

Drew Brees is pretty good. This team is loaded at the skill posistions and I thought this was the only team we played this year that we had zero shot of beating. Also I think this is probrably the worst Colts team I've seen in years; their running game is not good, their recievers outside of Wayne aren't that good, Freeney is not a 100 percent and don't forget almost every team almost beat them this year. I thought this was the worst Patriot team I had seen in 6 years and we almost beat them, and dominated them most of the game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Re: Why I think the Saints could win

Why I think the Saints will win? They will be motivated. They have had to listen to two weeks of how they won't win. They can't stop Manning, the greatest QB that has ever lived, according to most reports. But last I recall, the Saints had a pretty decent offense too. But if you keep beating the "you can't win" drum at them, they have nothing to lose. Let's not forget, they are still professionals. Look for the Saints defense to bring the lumber tonight. I seem to remember a few other SB where teams were told they can't win. Just about all of them won.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

mthurl, I have to disagree that the other WRs are not good.  I wish we had Collie and the waiter guy on our team as our 3 and 4 WR.  I do however hope and agree the Saints will prevail over Satan Manning.  My fingers are crossed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think Manning makes the others look better than they are, some of the passes he completes to the are unbelievable. To me this team is a one and done team without him. I love Brady, but could you imagine what this guy would have done with Watson, Moss and Welker? Come to think of it Brady did put up awsome numbers with them as well, but something was missing this year, injured, etc.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Too late, BDC already saying Colts win.

No debate:
    Colts win

At about 10 p.m. tonight, Peyton Manning and the Indianapolis Colts will have won the Lombardi Trophy for the second time in four years.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Exactly my point digger. We shall see.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Sorry, my friends. But this game is going to be tough for Patriots' fans to watch. The Colts are going to win big.

Hope I'm wrong.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

The Saints have as much chance of winning as the Pats have of drafting a running back who will gain 1,500 yards for 5 straight years.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Of course the Saints can win. A lot of this "The Colts are going to roll" talk you're hearing is a defense mechanism to help disappointed Pats fans (and media deuschebags) deal with an untenable situation. If Pats fan claims, boisterously, that the Colts are going to obliterate N'awlins -- and that happens -- he can then boast of his prowess as a prognosticator while secretly gnashing his teeth. If, however, the Colts lose, he can then hold his head high and tell everybody he's never been so happy to be wrong.

Sadly, what's actually going to happen is the worst of both worlds. The Saints will battle valiantly and have the game seemingly in their grasp, only to be foiled  late by Johnny Zebra -- look for something along the lines of a personal foul (roughing the quarterback, perhaps) or the old standby, pass interference, to give the Colts field position late to win in the waning moments.

This is the wisdom as I see it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Albert Breer already said the Colts will win.  Why is this even being discussed?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Saints are 3-0 with more than a week of preparation this season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from smileybennyhill. Show smileybennyhill's posts

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

the saints did a good job of getting to favre. however manning releases the ball about half a sec faster. if the saints want to get to manning they need to get the receivers covered long enough so the DL can get to manning.

based on what they showed vs the vikes, i think the saints cbs and safeties can handle wayne, collie and garcon. however, in that game, there were holes underneath that clark will try to take advantage of. so the big question is whether the saints can figure out a way for the LBs to close down clark long enough for the DL to get to manning.

if i were running the d, i would try to make manning think coverage deep on the first few defensive plays, but really cover the 5-15 yrd area. there is some risk of a big play, but with manning you have to gamble a little.

if the saints get the lead, early, i believe they can beat the colts. they have a balanced enough offense to keep the colts guessing on d. they should be able to keep manning off the field.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fuzzy1. Show fuzzy1's posts

This is the first quality opponent the Colts have faced since the Patriots.  I can see the Saints beating the Colts handily, finally exposing the rookies and second year players on the Colts.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Wow.  Patriots fans thinking the Saints cant win?  By that logic, we didn't beat the Rams.  And, which team beat us more?  The Colts squeezed by us, the Saints flat out handled us.  I have the Saints winning, and I believe it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Ah yes I was finaly right about something. The final 6 minutes of this game took alot of this seasons pain away. Have a nice off season Bill Polian!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I've thought about this matchup a lot.  I really think the Saints could win this game by a couple TD's.  Maybe it's just me...lol