Why I think this team has what it takes to win big and make it to the super bowl.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Re: Why I think this team has what it takes to win big and make it to the super bowl.

In Response to Re: Why I think this team has what it takes to win big and make it to the super bowl.:
    Well, let's see . . . They can't run the ball . . . or stop the run. The pass offense is erratic and Brady has shown some inconsistency. They can't get after the quarterback and consistently surrender yardage in huge chunks. Frankly, I don't see how anyone can stop them.
    Posted by p-mike

Whatever happened to "Sherman ... Atlanta"?  That's the Mike we love.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: Why I think this team has what it takes to win big and make it to the super bowl.

In Response to Re: Why I think this team has what it takes to win big and make it to the super bowl.:
    In Response to Re: Why I think this team has what it takes to win big and make it to the super bowl. : No, they were defeated by good pass coverage.
    Posted by themightypatriotz

i guess we can agree to disagree there. the common thread in the games..
    games the pats won vs manning in early 2000s
    sb vs greatest show on turf
    sb loss vs giants
    playoff loss to balt last year
    ...the pass rush got into the heads of the qb and the qbs made mistakes. it's true that in some of the plays, coverage bought the rush some time. the secondaries benefited more from the front that the front benefited from the secondaries' play. i still believe that the battle at the line sets the tone of the game, more than what happens in the defensive backfield.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Obviously those defenses had a good pass rush and got to the QB on a lot of plays but for the most part it was great secondary play ... especially on the Pats teams in the early part of the decade.  Even in the Giants v Pats super bowl there were plenty of plays where Brady had time but couldn't hit his receivers.  The only game I remember where the pass rush was more dominant than the secondary was our 04 Super Bowl against McNabb. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

A post like this could be used by any fan of a team currently in the hunt this year.  If every team plays to their POTENTIAL, as we wish the Pats would, they could win the SB.  Why, themightypatriotz, is a thread like this deserving of your scorn?  Seems you HAVE to be realistic to the point the team IS NOT a contender, otherwise everyone thinks you are drinking the koolaid.  I think if a fan on this board had an opportunity to have a one - one with BB, they will walk away thinking.. "wow, this team could win the SB!" because BB thinks he has the players to do it regardless of fan opinions.  Isn't that what we want in our team's coach?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

No scorn here dude.  I said I like the thread.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

In Response to Re: Why I think this team has what it takes to win big and make it to the super bowl. :
    Posted by ipot

CAUTION  iPOT YOU ARE AN
     IDIOT TROLL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paulawht63. Show Paulawht63's posts

I don't see Pats letting there Fans down for 2 solid weeks.  Brady just needs To stop holding onto the ball so long Pats are not gonna be able to run on the Steelers  Brady will need to Throw the ball Acurately That means NO THROWING over everyones Heads AND NO THROWING way to Low. Which he has done alot of this season. Pats Defense Needs to step up there Game BIG TIME One thing I do notice w/  the Steelers Officals take a blind eye w/ that team You see it all the time.  Plus steelers are DIRTY hitters Don't give Ben to much time to Throw get at him fast GO PATS

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

No scorn here dude.  I said I like the thread.
    Posted by themightypatriotz

I guess I misread your "on board the SB train" as being sarcastic about the probabilities for the team to make it.  I believe you are like me, if BB has the faith he has the players to go all the way, why can't the fans feel this way?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

Come on guys,  let's be honest.   This team is not elite, and will not go far this year. I don't know how one can think otherwise.  Our defense is absolutely horrific against the pass.  It is painful to watch them get destroyed on every 3rd down. We have the 29th ranked pass defense and the worst 3rd down defense in NFL.  There is no pass rushers on this team. Mayo gets destroyed every single game.  I understand loving your team and hoping it goes far, but don't deny the obvious.  

The defense isn't the only problem on this team.  The offense has constantly struggled the whole season and is getting worse.  With the exception of the Bills game , the Pats offense has not played 60 minutes of good football.  In Miami they did nothing and got rescued by the special teams. In San Diego they were horrific, despite having been given the ball 5 extra times due to SD turnovers.  They were equally bad last week against the Browns.

The team has no WR's who you can count to make the big play, while other teams have 3 or 4.   Wes Welker is not the same and doesn't have Moss taking double coverages with him.  Nobody can get open anymore. We don't have a good running back to take pressure off Brady.  The last time we won anything was when Dillon was running the ball. He isn't walking through that door.  I really do not understand why Brady and the offense are struggling so much.  You see the Colts lose their best WR's and they just find a way to get it done.  They find some undrafted free agents such as Blair White.  Also look at San Diego. What Phillip Rivers is doing is phenomenal, playing without his top 4 or 5 wide recievers! He's got some guys off the street catching balls and puts up 450 yards every game.   We lost 1 guy in Randy Moss and our offense is struggling to score a TD. 

So we have a bad defense, a flawed offense with no stud WR's and do not have a legitimate running back.  Super Bowl?  Are you kidding me? Lets hope we dont get humiliated tomorrow night in Pittsburgh and next week against the Colts, just like we did against the Saints and Colts last year.

If the defense improves and becomes a top 10 unit,  if we find a legitimate pass rusher and running back,  only then can this team win a super bowl.  Until then, pray for a miracle.

Sections
Shortcuts