Why I'm Disappointed...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Why I'm Disappointed...

yes, we should've lost. we were the underdogs going in anyway. But, we had a chance to win this game. We did. If we came out with better gameplans offensively and defensively I think there was a chance.

And I

'm disappointed because the way we lost, one. and that this is another year lost for BB and TB to get another ring. The way we lost was horrible. just hated watching that game from play one. you could tell from play one it didnt look good.

and I hate people walking around here saying we are all "spolied fans". we get all upset and call for heads after two AFCC game losses. but guess what???

yeah I'm upset! We have people on this board who claim BB is the greatest GM and HC of all time and we have people who claim TB is the greatest QB of all time too! (now I agree on greatest HC and QB, not GM we need Pioli back to help him)

So with that being said we should be producing CHAMPIONSHIPS... if these two are the greatest ever at GM/HC/QB then where are the rings?

Yeah, it sounds really spoiled of me to be saying this but guess what if we have the greatest in BB and TB then we should be producing rings.

If we didn't have this HC or QB then my expectation would drop completely and I would be happy with winning the Division or even just a win in general, but we have them both. who are apparently the greatest.

if we are going to claim that BB is the greatest GM and HC and TB is the greatest QB these two need to get a team around them to get a ring or the Patriot reign isnt the same...

just my two cents, like I said, once one of them leaves my expectations would drop a ton and any form of success would make me proud of my team!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Why I'm Disappointed...

joepats...

Disagree with your opening line:  "...   we should've lost."

This implies you had no faith in the team to win and the loss was fully expected from the gitgo.  After the first couple series on the part of the Pats, you could see their energy wasn't there.  Secondly, the Broncos, other than their first offensive series, played one of their best games of the season, overall.  When you face a team playing their "A" game and you aren't, a loss is not a surprising result.  Brady had a couple overthrows ( Manning did too ) and outside of them, given the pressure Brady faced in this game, he did play well considering there was no running game to be had and the receivers failed to do their part.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

When I say should've I mean the whole world thought we should've lost...

I thought we COULD'VE won.... if we played perfect, and we didnt do that.

I had too much faith in this team i think actually..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Nothing spoiled about wanting championships. That the whole point of being a fan.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

When I say should've I mean the whole world thought we should've lost...

I thought we COULD'VE won.... if we played perfect, and we didnt do that.

I had too much faith in this team i think actually..

[/QUOTE]

I said early this year we had a 10% chance to win the SB. That's not a great chance, but it's better than 1%.

Going forward, I doubt we have even a 1% chance. Too many holes to fill and too many years on Brady.

Stick a fork in this, it's done. Kraft should have reigned in BB 6 years ago, but he's gotten too old to be sharp enough to do that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nothing spoiled about wanting championships. That the whole point of being a fan.

[/QUOTE]

yeah, just pisses me off people call us spolied when we have the so called greatest at HC/GM/QB...

thats the disappointment

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Baffle. Show Baffle's posts

The NFC bout displayed two gladiators just throwing haymakers at each other... that's the game I wanted to see in the AFC. I wouldn't have been disappointed with a loss as long as we threw some hard punches. A deep pass to Slater on a 3rd and 3 is not an uppercut. It's a desperation jab before the fight even really started.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't know why people thought we should have come out throwing. Once I saw playaction without any run game, I conceded defeat right then and there. It's like clockwork with Brady.   What was it, 3rd and 2 and he reared back for a deep ball to Slater? Why?  Who does this?  Who kidnapped Brady?

My lone fear was the McDaniels/Brady ego up against Gomer and it proved to be true. Again.  Brady wants to show he can put up the stats with Gomer, so he took the bait.

The only good news is he didn't throw any INTs.

35+ passes and there you go.  Leave it to Brady and McDaniels to pull the plug on a beastly run game that had worked so well for a month.  Blount and Ridley are probably wondering what they did wrong in practice to deserve the benching.

Really shocked at Weker's cheapshot, too. I know he wants to win, but he'll never be welcomed back in Foxborough ever again, that's for sure.

Once Talib couldn't come back, there you go.   I don't think I've seen a team play in a conf title game with almost an an entire second string starting like that. Overall, amazing year to battle into that position.

BB should win COTY and the Exec of the Year w/Caserio, regardless. Pioli was never the GM here.  NOr is Caserio.  I don't know why people are so confused by this.

Injuries or cheapshots on our players have nothing to do with a GM.

[/QUOTE]

yup. right when we went three and out throwing it early i had a bad feeling.

Slater bomb, why?

PA pass bomb when the run was never est., why?

why not get ridley in there earlier... blount has never been good in traffic...

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

[QUOTE]

I don't know why people thought we should have come out throwing. Once I saw playaction without any run game, I conceded defeat right then and there. It's like clockwork with Brady.   What was it, 3rd and 2 and he reared back for a deep ball to Slater? Why?  Who does this?  Who kidnapped Brady?

My lone fear was the McDaniels/Brady ego up against Gomer and it proved to be true. Again.  Brady wants to show he can put up the stats with Gomer, so he took the bait.

The only good news is he didn't throw any INTs.

35+ passes and there you go.  Leave it to Brady and McDaniels to pull the plug on a beastly run game that had worked so well for a month.  Blount and Ridley are probably wondering what they did wrong in practice to deserve the benching.

Really shocked at Weker's cheapshot, too. I know he wants to win, but he'll never be welcomed back in Foxborough ever again, that's for sure.

Once Talib couldn't come back, there you go.   I don't think I've seen a team play in a conf title game with almost an an entire second string starting like that. Overall, amazing year to battle into that position.

BB should win COTY and the Exec of the Year w/Caserio, regardless. Pioli was never the GM here.  NOr is Caserio.  I don't know why people are so confused by this.

Injuries or cheapshots on our players have nothing to do with a GM.

[/QUOTE]

Ha!

I nailed it.  1 of your 3 "talking points".   So predictable!  I could write your material myself.

LMAO

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

Yep. They couldn't wait to get into an aerial showdown to show they match up with Gomer. It's been my fear all along.  Meanwhile, Denver makes sure they get their lead back about 15 carries.

It's just so simple, but Brady never wants to to do it 2 games in a row.  He just can't stand it.

[/QUOTE]

I'm putting this more on gameplan russ. Brady doesnt control who comes on and off the field thats the OC. McD. brady can check into a run after the intial playcall but when we go 4 WR and have Vereen back there its pointless.

the gameplan was bad on O. the defense plain sucked. no pass rush, bad coverage (Arrington, Dennard (not his fault)), no est. run. and Brady missed a couple big throws imo

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Between Brady wanting it to be about him and BB needing to be replaced as GM , we could eliminate the majority of posts on this board.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to TSWFAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Between Brady wanting it to be about him and BB needing to be replaced as GM , we could eliminate the majority of posts on this board.

[/QUOTE]

+1

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

In response to HeygangLH's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm disappointed that Babe can't admit that Brady had another bad day when it counted most.

[/QUOTE]

Oline play was horrible, Brady was constantly pressured. Our D line had 2 hurries on Manning, he had all day to pass to his 4 stud options.

Yes, Brady missed a big play action pass that if completed would likely have resulted in some points and opened up the run game a bit, but it happens.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yeah, just pisses me off people call us spolied when we have the so called greatest at HC/GM/QB...

thats the disappointment

[/QUOTE]

People are stupid joe. You'll never get away from that. So don't let it bother you.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Put it this way, when I heard Troy Brown say "I think they're gong to come out throwing", the trap was set.

Brady took the cheese because Chris Harris went down.  I cringed all week, but then I thought no way he can do it again. Well, he did.  That D sucks and Brady makes it look good because he chose not to engage his lead back.

Vereen can't be that guy, but Blount or Ridley needed to be. Subbing in backs to run shotgun spreads, doesn't work. Again.

Thank god for Ryan Allen's great game, too, otherwise that game may have been worse on the scoreboard.

I actually really liked the check down to Mulligan into the flat early. I would have liked to have seen Develin and Blount be involved earlier, not just some obligatory and obvious runs to Blount.

Everyone and their mother saw the flaw in showing playaction so early. It again proves Brady doesn't get what playaction is really for. Or McDaniels.  They just do it for show like they do with the run game. 

I am starting to wonder if these two are involved in throwing games. lol

[/QUOTE]

exactly but MCd is the one controlling who goes on the field not TB. We cant rn when Joshie wants to go 4 WR early and spread and get away from giving Ridley a chance to get going...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

People are stupid joe. You'll never get away from that. So don't let it bother you.

[/QUOTE]

true.. I won't. just getting sick of it

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Disappointed? Come on, let's face reality here. Pats in 2 AFC title games in a row, both times lose their best DB in the opening quarter. It's hard to MAKE a Super Bowl, let alone win it. Pats had no WR corps, their 2nd best WR on Sunday was a guy they cut not once, but twice during the regular season--Collie. They gave the ball to Blount what 3 times? and gave up. And probably ran the ball too much in the 2nd half when they should have just shotgun the whole game. They don't use their star kicker enough--twice not letting Gostkowski put 3 points on the board...that wouldn't have made a difference in a 2-score game?? Bottom line, I was bummed as a fan that they lost to a team that dominated them the whole game. That's how it works--you get disappointed when your team loses and you get excited,upbeat when you win. As for entitlement, expectations, whatever. Next year, we got new stars in Collins, maybe Edelman (hope they sign him) and a reason to go after a star WR. Gronkowski, Talib...they have to be healthy, and they need Wilfork to return.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

true.. I won't. just getting sick of it

[/QUOTE]

Dude, people call Brady the GOAT around here all year long and he just isn't.  He continues to want to be this high flying QB that throws a lot at the expense of the team.

Denver's D sucks, we just ran amuck for a month straight, but Brady forgot to check the ego at the door.

Outside of an unforeseen cheapshot by his buddy Welkie, it was my lone fear. Brady taking the Brady vs Manning bait, and trying to compete through the air with Gomie.

Great players don't do that. Great players are smarter than that.

Blount and Ridley just flew home wondering why they were benched and Logie Mankins yet again comes off overrated because Brady didn't want to establish a run game.

[/QUOTE]

Blame McD and BB for the gameplan. they came out throwing early thats not all TB, russ.

Brady missed throws and did what he could. but the defense at back and letting PM go 8 minutes a drive too.

this loss is not 100% on Brady its not even close to that.

is it partly on TB, maybe?

mostly on gameplan and coaching? yes

is it on a cheapshot and horrible D performance? yes

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

If Brady went 30 for 33 for 500 yards, the Pats probably still would have lost. It never fails how Brady gets thrown into the equation as not getting it done. He did it with smoke and mirrors, rookie WRs who had no idea how to run a route, twice-cut WRs, guys who play special teams WRs, TE who wouldn't make a practice squad for other teams, and one really good RB who could catch out of backfield--Vereen. Edelman was virtually the only WR that Brady could go to and expect to catch the ball and get some yards.

Sections
Shortcuts