Why I'm Disappointed...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re: Why I'm Disappointed...

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

yes, we should've lost. we were the underdogs going in anyway. But, we had a chance to win this game. We did. If we came out with better gameplans offensively and defensively I think there was a chance.

And I

'm disappointed because the way we lost, one. and that this is another year lost for BB and TB to get another ring. The way we lost was horrible. just hated watching that game from play one. you could tell from play one it didnt look good.

and I hate people walking around here saying we are all "spolied fans". we get all upset and call for heads after two AFCC game losses. but guess what???

yeah I'm upset! We have people on this board who claim BB is the greatest GM and HC of all time and we have people who claim TB is the greatest QB of all time too! (now I agree on greatest HC and QB, not GM we need Pioli back to help him)

So with that being said we should be producing CHAMPIONSHIPS... if these two are the greatest ever at GM/HC/QB then where are the rings?

Yeah, it sounds really spoiled of me to be saying this but guess what if we have the greatest in BB and TB then we should be producing rings.

If we didn't have this HC or QB then my expectation would drop completely and I would be happy with winning the Division or even just a win in general, but we have them both. who are apparently the greatest.

if we are going to claim that BB is the greatest GM and HC and TB is the greatest QB these two need to get a team around them to get a ring or the Patriot reign isnt the same...

just my two cents, like I said, once one of them leaves my expectations would drop a ton and any form of success would make me proud of my team!

[/QUOTE]

I don't know why people thought we should have come out throwing. Once I saw playaction without any run game, I conceded defeat right then and there. It's like clockwork with Brady.   What was it, 3rd and 2 and he reared back for a deep ball to Slater? Why?  Who does this?  Who kidnapped Brady?

My lone fear was the McDaniels/Brady ego up against Gomer and it proved to be true. Again.  Brady wants to show he can put up the stats with Gomer, so he took the bait.

The only good news is he didn't throw any INTs.

35+ passes and there you go.  Leave it to Brady and McDaniels to pull the plug on a beastly run game that had worked so well for a month.  Blount and Ridley are probably wondering what they did wrong in practice to deserve the benching.

Really shocked at Weker's cheapshot, too. I know he wants to win, but he'll never be welcomed back in Foxborough ever again, that's for sure.

Once Talib couldn't come back, there you go.   I don't think I've seen a team play in a conf title game with almost an an entire second string starting like that. Overall, amazing year to battle into that position.

BB should win COTY and the Exec of the Year w/Caserio, regardless. Pioli was never the GM here.  NOr is Caserio.  I don't know why people are so confused by this.

Injuries or cheapshots on our players have nothing to do with a GM.

[/QUOTE]

I guess you missed all of our production in the run game the first few drives? 

Face it. Flawed gameplan by mcd and bb. We had no business taking into the Denver gut. Our best chance of running yesterday was Ridley and Vereen off tackle and around the edges. We waited too long to do it and by the time we did, we needed to pass. 

PI will admit bradys first few series not so good. But he sold that play action with Edelman perfectly. He missed him on the pass. Can't have that.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Face it. Flawed gameplan by mcd and bb. We had no business taking into the Denver gut. Our best chance of running yesterday was Ridley and Vereen off tackle and around the edges. We waited too long to do it and by the time we did, we needed to pass. 

PI will admit bradys first few series not so good. But he sold that play action with Edelman perfectly. He missed him on the pass. Can't have that.

[/QUOTE]

I think if Rid started the game we would've had a better chance at getting the run going. Blount isnt good in traffic, Ridley is.

Didn't like all the long balls

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

People are stupid joe. You'll never get away from that. So don't let it bother you.

[/QUOTE]

true.. I won't. just getting sick of it

[/QUOTE]

Dude, people call Brady the GOAT around here all year long and he just isn't.  He continues to want to be this high flying QB that throws a lot at the expense of the team.

Denver's D sucks, we just ran amuck for a month straight, but Brady forgot to check the ego at the door.

Outside of an unforeseen cheapshot by his buddy Welkie, it was my lone fear. Brady taking the Brady vs Manning bait, and trying to compete through the air with Gomie.

Great players don't do that. Great players are smarter than that.

Blount and Ridley just flew home wondering why they were benched and Logie Mankins yet again comes off overrated because Brady didn't want to establish a run game.

[/QUOTE]

1. Denver's defense don't suck. They ranked 14th.

2. Maybe the O-Line suck. That's why Brady was pressured

3. What about the defense? The offense don't have a true WR and TEs.  I knew the defense had injuries , but you can't used it as an excuse.  All teams get injured. It is part of the NFL.

Just accept that the team's depth wasn't that good at all.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to Cloudyandrain's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

People are stupid joe. You'll never get away from that. So don't let it bother you.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Dude, people call Brady the GOAT around here all year long and he just isn't.  He continues to want to be this high flying QB that throws a lot at the expense of the team.

Denver's D sucks, we just ran amuck for a month straight, but Brady forgot to check the ego at the door.

Outside of an unforeseen cheapshot by his buddy Welkie, it was my lone fear. Brady taking the Brady vs Manning bait, and trying to compete through the air with Gomie.

Blount and Ridley just flew home wondering why they were benched and Logie Mankins yet again comes off overrated because Brady didn't want to establish a run game.

[/QUOTE]

3. What about the defense? The offense don't have a true WR and TEs.  I knew the defense had injuries , but you can't used it as an excuse.  All teams get injured. It is part of the NFL.

[/QUOTE]

The teams depth is the reason they made it to the AFC title game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

yes, we should've lost. we were the underdogs going in anyway. But, we had a chance to win this game. We did. If we came out with better gameplans offensively and defensively I think there was a chance.

And I

'm disappointed because the way we lost, one. and that this is another year lost for BB and TB to get another ring. The way we lost was horrible. just hated watching that game from play one. you could tell from play one it didnt look good.

and I hate people walking around here saying we are all "spolied fans". we get all upset and call for heads after two AFCC game losses. but guess what???

yeah I'm upset! We have people on this board who claim BB is the greatest GM and HC of all time and we have people who claim TB is the greatest QB of all time too! (now I agree on greatest HC and QB, not GM we need Pioli back to help him)

So with that being said we should be producing CHAMPIONSHIPS... if these two are the greatest ever at GM/HC/QB then where are the rings?

Yeah, it sounds really spoiled of me to be saying this but guess what if we have the greatest in BB and TB then we should be producing rings.

If we didn't have this HC or QB then my expectation would drop completely and I would be happy with winning the Division or even just a win in general, but we have them both. who are apparently the greatest.

if we are going to claim that BB is the greatest GM and HC and TB is the greatest QB these two need to get a team around them to get a ring or the Patriot reign isnt the same...

just my two cents, like I said, once one of them leaves my expectations would drop a ton and any form of success would make me proud of my team!

Given the injuries they had, this season might have been BB and possibly TB's finest hour.

Having said that, the game plan surprisingly wasn't that great. Maybe BB plain just ran out of his bag of tricks, combined with some bad throws and bad 3rd down play on both sides of the ball.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

In response to HeygangLH's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm disappointed that Babe can't admit that Brady had another bad day when it counted most.

[/QUOTE]

Who did he have to throw it to?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

And I

[/QUOTE]

I don't know why people thought we should have come out throwing. Once I saw playaction without any run game, I conceded defeat right then and there. It's like clockwork with Brady.   What was it, 3rd and 2 and he reared back for a deep ball to Slater? Why?  Who does this?  Who kidnapped Brady?

My lone fear was the McDaniels/Brady ego up against Gomer and it proved to be true. Again.  Brady wants to show he can put up the stats with Gomer, so he took the bait.

The only good news is he didn't throw any INTs.

35+ passes and there you go.  Leave it to Brady and McDaniels to pull the plug on a beastly run game that had worked so well for a month.  Blount and Ridley are probably wondering what they did wrong in practice to deserve the benching.

Really shocked at Weker's cheapshot, too. I know he wants to win, but he'll never be welcomed back in Foxborough ever again, that's for sure.

Once Talib couldn't come back, there you go.   I don't think I've seen a team play in a conf title game with almost an an entire second string starting like that. Overall, amazing year to battle into that position.

BB should win COTY and the Exec of the Year w/Caserio, regardless. Pioli was never the GM here.  NOr is Caserio.  I don't know why people are so confused by this.

Injuries or cheapshots on our players have nothing to do with a GM.

[/QUOTE]

I can't understand why they put the run game away so easily. Part of establishing a run game is hammering away and wearing the opposition down.  Seattle kept at it with Lynch even though Sanfran stopped him early and seattle were behind. If Brady had the receivers Manning does then yes go to the passing game but he didn't. Can't understand it. Whoever called that play on 3rd and 3 on the second series to Slater needs to be held accountable for that. One of the worst examples of play calling I have ever seen

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Given the injuries they had, this season might have been BB and possibly TB's finest hour.

Having said that, the game plan surprisingly wasn't that great. Maybe BB plain just ran out of his bag of tricks, combined with some bad throws and bad 3rd down play on both sides of the ball.

[/QUOTE]

Possibly, yet that is only regarded as such by us Patriots fans.  Overall greatness to the game is determined universally by titles.  Another season without a title for this team, BB and TFB.  The window is closing... I have written many times over the past few seasons about the urgency to go for broke while the window of opportunity is still open. 

BB needs to bring in talent NOW that will help get a title, not these project players that he is rolling the dice on every season.  So much wasted cap money that pans out to be nothing more then players who aren't talented enough to get the title yet stay on the books far too long causing the team to try and will it's way to a championship.  We have seen this recipe fail for far too long now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigMustache. Show BigMustache's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think if Rid started the game we would've had a better chance at getting the run going. Blount isnt good in traffic, Ridley is.

Didn't like all the long balls

[/QUOTE]

BUSTCHISEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey mega NY Jets Troll Tool.....how's KELLEN WINSLOW DOING TONIGHT....TEACHING HIM HOW TO NAIL THE NEIGHBOR'S KITTIES?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Im disappointed because despite watching a great season, I had to watch as my team got embarrased due to poor coaching. IN game, the gameplan before hand.

Why are we using Edleman and Amendola to start the game if Dobson is active? Not until the 4th series did he make an appearance and promptly completed the longest catch of the day.

Why not use Dobson on that deep route to slater?? Its not like they left him WIDE OPEN. so why not use your best downfield guy who is GOOD at jump balls? Getting too Cute as always Joshy?!!!

Why did the Pats think they were gonna run wild on the Broncos when they were a top ten unit vs the run but 27th vs the pass?

The de-activated KT and didnt use Dobson until 4th series despite the Donkeys having a poor secondary. How do you get jammer on the field? You go 4 and 5 WR sets and pick your mismatch!  Duh!

Where was the RUSH???  CJ is only good at bullrushing. He was a non factor along with Nink. How long before you blitz or try SOMETHING???  Just watch as the ship sinks???  No adjustments on D and BB wasnt pleased either.

How many big games is BB gonna be outcoached before we drop the genius label?

How many Big Games if Joshy gonna p*ss away on Offense before we find a REAL COORDINATOR?   Having reg. season success means nothing with this team. The Players and Fans deserve better. Its one thing to outmatched but our secondary was supposed to be a strenght. If you cant scheme around ONE player going down, the unit was never that good IMO. These things I already knew unfortunately. I was just hoping that the vaunted Run game would offset  but alas, It was all a facade...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Cloudyandrain's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The teams depth is the reason they made it to the AFC title game.

[/QUOTE]

really?? Name them?  We got depth(Siliga, Soap,) from other teams. The real Depth that BB drafted (Buchanan, Bequette, Harmon, Wilson, C.Jones, Vellano,) ALL S*CKED DUDE...LMAO

As usual, Brady was the reason they made it that far along with Blount. Depth...LOL

Wow...more delusions today.... when will you guys get it. We aint winning because of BBs excellent drafts or Depth. Its Brady!  Where was Nink and all his extension money?? What about 1st rounder Chandler Jones?? or 3rd round Bequette?? LOL

Should have got Cliff Avril in Free agency. He was cheap. He makes plays. Our D line was Pa- Thetic!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Baffle. Show Baffle's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Possibly, yet that is only regarded as such by us Patriots fans.  Overall greatness to the game is determined universally by titles.  Another season without a title for this team, BB and TFB.  The window is closing... I have written many times over the past few seasons about the urgency to go for broke while the window of opportunity is still open. 

BB needs to bring in talent NOW that will help get a title, not these project players that he is rolling the dice on every season.  So much wasted cap money that pans out to be nothing more then players who aren't talented enough to get the title yet stay on the books far too long causing the team to try and will it's way to a championship.  We have seen this recipe fail for far too long now.

[/QUOTE]

TFB12, I agree with you, but I'm struggling with where we go get it. Going to Free Agency is flawed in that you are overpaying and it costs you needed depth. The draft is really where we need to get it, but there are so many problems there - its a crapshoot, some players take years to develop (limited Brady/Belichik window as you say), and we are working with a bad hand this year - tough to trade up. Trading into the future further pushes us out of our window.

I don't see options but to keep doing what we've been doing and hope that things somehow fall into our favor.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

IMO, this was only true for the WRs (ironically, perhaps they should have kept Welker); few teams could have recovered from the defensive losses and TEs, which is why I think BB was amazing this yr; of course, they could get a GM to ease his load, or at least get him an assistant that wouldn't be a "yes" man, but that won't happen.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

I'm not dissapointed I'm aggrevated. i thought all year the patriots were able to make adjustments offensively and defensively on the fly and at haftime to counter what they were seeing from the opponent.

Against Denver the offense never seemed to find a rythym until Denver went  up 20-3 and started playing softer on D. Seemed like Mcdaniels was unsure of how he wanted to attack denver until it was to late.

Defensively after talib went out they it seemed they got ultra conservative with their coverages. That combined with a lack of pressure on Manning just made it aggrevating to watch.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Baffle's comment:
    [QUOTE]

TFB12, I agree with you, but I'm struggling with where we go get it. Going to Free Agency is flawed in that you are overpaying and it costs you needed depth. The draft is really where we need to get it, but there are so many problems there - its a crapshoot, some players take years to develop (limited Brady/Belichik window as you say), and we are working with a bad hand this year - tough to trade up. Trading into the future further pushes us out of our window.

I don't see options but to keep doing what we've been doing and hope that things somehow fall into our favor.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I hear you.  The mistakes of last season and the philosophy of low risk high reward players have hgurt.  Wasting time and resources by getting Leon Washington, Armstead, Adrian Wilson, Molasses Mike, Donald Jones, floating a low offer out to Sanders and playing the waiting game, taking a chance on an unproven player like Amendolla all hurt the team this season and will carry over to the upcoming season.  None of those players panned out and has handcuffed the Pats for this next season. 

They have to make some tough decisions on some players this next season and make room to be able to go out and get a couple quality FA players and go for broke here.  The draft isn't what they need to look at right now.  Enough young players on the team to work with and help develop, certainly don't need anymore of the project players that seem to be more miss then hit.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

The disappointment starts with there not being any real strategey to get your best and biggest players involved in the offense.

You cna't design a swing pass to get blount the ball in the open field.?   You can't juggle your pesonnel packages to get vereen the ball more...? YOur first 2 series you are targetting mullligan, slater and collie...?

Are you seriously f'd in the head McDaniels?  Brady? Belichick? Why have big talented players (blount, dobson , Develin) on the frieken roster if you hve no f'n clue how to get them the ball......???

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

bitterly disappointed.   no imagination.  Nothing learned from previously blown big games.  No creativity.  Not a single sign of a new play or attack strategy.

Meanwhile denver puts their backup TE in the backfield and he bludgeons pats D for 8 yards.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

3 words....

Austin Friekin Collie.    Wow... we really put out there a great game plan, Belichick.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

When I say should've I mean the whole world thought we should've lost...

I thought we COULD'VE won.... if we played perfect, and we didnt do that.

I had too much faith in this team i think actually..

[/QUOTE]

I said early this year we had a 10% chance to win the SB. That's not a great chance, but it's better than 1%.

Going forward, I doubt we have even a 1% chance. Too many holes to fill and too many years on Brady.

Stick a fork in this, it's done. Kraft should have reigned in BB 6 years ago, but he's gotten too old to be sharp enough to do that.

[/QUOTE]

I don't particularly agree with your appraisal of what Kraft should have done or that "he's gotten too old to be sharp enough to do that", but respectfully, I believe you meant 'reined in'.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Baffle. Show Baffle's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

The disappointment starts with there not being any real strategey to get your best and biggest players involved in the offense.

You cna't design a swing pass to get blount the ball in the open field.?   You can't juggle your pesonnel packages to get vereen the ball more...? YOur first 2 series you are targetting mullligan, slater and collie...?

Are you seriously f'd in the head McDaniels?  Brady? Belichick? Why have big talented players (blount, dobson , Develin) on the frieken roster if you hve no f'n clue how to get them the ball......???

What I read in their approach was they knew Denver was going to zero in on the run and on edleman. They went to Mulligan, Slater, Collie, Hooman to keep the defense honest and open up a little room for blount/ridley and edleman. I can see why they wanted to do that, but my problem was that they went for low percentage, surpise go for broke shots. You didn't set up those guys to succeed and achieve the mission of making the D pay for concentrating on 2 players.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Baffle. Show Baffle's posts

In response to Baffle's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah, I hear you.  The mistakes of last season and the philosophy of low risk high reward players have hgurt.  Wasting time and resources by getting Leon Washington, Armstead, Adrian Wilson, Molasses Mike, Donald Jones, floating a low offer out to Sanders and playing the waiting game, taking a chance on an unproven player like Amendolla all hurt the team this season and will carry over to the upcoming season.  None of those players panned out and has handcuffed the Pats for this next season. 

They have to make some tough decisions on some players this next season and make room to be able to go out and get a couple quality FA players and go for broke here.  The draft isn't what they need to look at right now.  Enough young players on the team to work with and help develop, certainly don't need anymore of the project players that seem to be more miss then hit.

[/QUOTE]

Looking at the chips we have, do you try to find Gronk trade and try to find a way to land two or three guys who can beat their man... or keep him and try to find a complement to him knowing he's one game away from sitting. Right now Gronk is our only guy who can consistently win the one on one and that does not win championships. We need 2 or 3 to complement our run.

Wait I lied... transition Vereen to slot? He can beat one on one....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Im dissapointed that Austin Collie is put out there to make a difference with TB.

Manning throwing to Decker, Thomas, Welker, Thomas.

Brady throwing to Slater, Mulligan, Collie and Edleman.

Edleman just became reliable THIS year. Collie was laughed at when he was released last year. LAUGHED AT!!!  Slater hasnt had a pass thrown to him ALL YEAR.

BB thought Collie was better than Dobson, KT,etc. A guy who was left for dead and noone wanted?? Thats our 2nd OPTION in the offense?!?  So can we say that BB is not happy with his return on Dobson, KT, Boyce?   and with ALL that brady still finds a way to throw for almost 300 with no pics or fumbles and eediots can fiz their mouth to say Brady is the Blame???   Wow!!!   Wait till he is gone.

What a joke!  Get the guy just ONE WR that has sniffed a Pro Bowl....PLEASE!!

Danny is a BUM!  The MO, larry, Curly offense aint gonna cut it. Kudos to Edleman for overachieving but this team is MaXED out!  Time to trade away all assets and build a real TEAM for Brady to work with in his last 2 years...or BBs legacy is gonna take a hit.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Im dissapointed that Austin Collie is put out there to make a difference with TB.

Manning throwing to Decker, Thomas, Welker, Thomas.

Brady throwing to Slater, Mulligan, Collie and Edleman.

Edleman just became reliable THIS year. Collie was laughed at when he was released last year. LAUGHED AT!!!  Slater hasnt had a pass thrown to him ALL YEAR.

BB thought Collie was better than Dobson, KT,etc. A guy who was left for dead and noone wanted?? Thats our 2nd OPTION in the offense?!?  So can we say that BB is not happy with his return on Dobson, KT, Boyce?   and with ALL that brady still finds a way to throw for almost 300 with no pics or fumbles and eediots can fiz their mouth to say Brady is the Blame???   Wow!!!   Wait till he is gone.

What a joke!  Get the guy just ONE WR that has sniffed a Pro Bowl....PLEASE!!

Danny is a BUM!  The MO, larry, Curly offense aint gonna cut it. Kudos to Edleman for overachieving but this team is MaXED out!  Time to trade away all assets and build a real TEAM for Brady to work with in his last 2 years...or BBs legacy is gonna take a hit.

KT was inactive because of the concussion.  Boyce is on IR.  Perhaps Dobson was on a snap count because of his injured foot.  The fact is that when those guys were healthy they played ahead of Collie.  The only person here blaming Brady is Rusty.  That is par for the course.

Sections
Shortcuts