Why is Bill O Brien still here?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoBS14. Show NoBS14's posts

Why is Bill O Brien still here?

Not a fan of this guy and his playcall this past season. I know we were hit by injuries on the offensive side. But our offensive play call had no wrinkle what so ever. Such a predictable offensive scheme. We all knew Wes Welker was the only guy ( majority of the time ) to catch those 3rd down passes.

I really thought by the end of the season, they will make some changes on the offensive side. But i guess Billy is here to stay.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Re: Why is Bill O Brien still here?

It's called learning on the job.  It was his 1st yr calling plays at the NFL level.  If you asked most fans, they would have told you that McDaniels sucked after his 1st yr.  If we see no progression this yr then a move will be necessary but from most accounts, he's a bright guy who should get better.  He at least deserves a chance.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

siestafiesta is right here, it is learning on the job as most patriot fans were saying the same exact thing about Josh McDaniels after his 1st yr.  The interesting thing though, is Josh/the pats got Moss/Welker added to the offense his 2nd yr and we all know what happened that year!  Record breakers.  This year we still have Moss but no Welker due to injury.  The pats really haven't added anything opposite Moss yet....hopefully the key word here is 'yet'.  We'll have to see what happens in a couple weeks in the draft and what possible other moves the Pats may make (or not make) before the season starts. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

BRING JOSH MCDANIELS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please ? );

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

O'Brien will be ok, he wasn't horrible last year I think the play calling was a little ordinary but the personel wasn't as good as it should have been for many reasons including injury. I think we will have a better gauge of his abilities after this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

I don't know why you're saying the personal wasn't as good as it should have been about the same as it was the year before and the year before that.There were high expectations for the offense. certainly Moss and Welker thought so. IMO the play calling stunk too predictable. How many times did they use the no huddle or hurry up offense. Does Brady ever roll out anymore, it's the shotgun most the time. same old, same old. They need to go back and review tapes when Charlie was calling plays or better yet, look at the Saints play calling.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

BB has more confidence in him than the NE fan base, so as frustrated as I was at times last season, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt based on Bill's track record for identifying and developing OC talent.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

moss and welker were the only options. what was he supposed to come up with?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

1) the Pats finished with 6,357 total yard (3rd in NFL) and 26.7 Points per game (6th in NFL).  For a first year interem OC, that is pretty good.

2) you do know that all plays MUST go through Belichick and be approved by Belichick before they get called?  So if you don't like the play calling, you must have a problem with the BIG GUY.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

In Response to Re: Why is Bill O Brien still here?:
    1) the Pats finished with 6,357 total yard (3rd in NFL) and 26.7 Points per game (6th in NFL).  For a first year interem OC, that is pretty good. 2) you do know that all plays MUST go through Belichick and be approved by Belichick before they get called?  So if you don't like the play calling, you must have a problem with the BIG GUY.
    Posted by m1021us

Well--IF that is true I do have a problem and would say- Bill stick to what you know best--defense!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from uncommon-sense. Show uncommon-sense's posts

I don't know why you're saying the personal wasn't as good as it should have been about the same as it was the year before and the year before that.There were high expectations for the offense. certainly Moss and Welker thought so. IMO the play calling stunk too predictable. How many times did they use the no huddle or hurry up offense. Does Brady ever roll out anymore, it's the shotgun most the time. same old, same old. They need to go back and review tapes when Charlie was calling plays or better yet, look at the Saints play calling.
    Posted by NEGAME

You must be joking if you think the personnel hasn't been on a downward trend for the last couple of years. 

2007 Moss Welker Stallworth Gaffney

2008 Moss Welker Gaffney

2009 Moss Welker....No Consistent 3 Wr.  Galloway=Bust Lewis=cut Aiken=Jag Tate= Injured Edelman=Shows promise but was out of the line for a few weeks. Welker was also out for a few games and Moss had a separated shoulder. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Why is Bill O Brien still here? : Well--IF that is true I do have a problem and would say- Bill stick to what you know best--defense!
    Posted by NEGAME

I think that you missed the first part...3rd in total yds, 6th in most PPG?

Do you think that maybe BB would let BO pick the not so critical plays and have more input on the hyper critical plays?  maybe give the new guy an on the job learning experience?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

personally I think BB ought to make TB the offensive coordinator. hey wasn't bill russel a coach-player when the celts won a couple championships.

Sections
Shortcuts