Why is game in Indianapolis

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkurmaskie. Show jkurmaskie's posts

Why is game in Indianapolis

I was just curious about the scheduling this year. We played the Colts in Indianapolis last year and are playing them there again this year. Seems that we should be playing at home this year.

Anyone know why scheduling happens like this?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: Why is game in Indianapolis

Okay, once again.

It's a three-year rotation.

Assuming the teams continue to meet as division winners, they will do so in Foxboro the next three times.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

In Response to Re: Why is game in Indianapolis:
    [QUOTE]Okay, once again. It's a three-year rotation. Assuming the teams continue to meet as division winners, they will do so in Foxboro the next three times.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

not to nitpick... but they are meeting as second in their divisions this time... A big time rarity from these two teams

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why is game in Indianapolis : not to nitpick... but they are meeting as second in their divisions this time... A big time rarity from these two teams
    Posted by rebels1520[/QUOTE]

Not to nitpick even further, but they're meeting as part of a divisional rotation this year that has nothing to do with where they finished in the standings.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why is game in Indianapolis : Not to nitpick even further, but they're meeting as part of a divisional rotation this year that has nothing to do with where they finished in the standings.

not to nitpick extremely further......... my mistake haha... i thought the rotation was in place but the standings played a factor.... my bad

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Either way, we end up playing them every year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

.....because Irsay and his ilk moved his team out of Baltimore in the middle of the night.
    Real classy,but we won't mention that....oops

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Why is game in Indianapolis : Funny how no one b*tched about this when the Colts went to Foxboro three years straight....
    Posted by TOGAH-2009[/QUOTE]

Huh?  A lot of people complained, but they were all on the Colts board...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Why is game in Indianapolis : Funny how no one b*tched about this when the Colts went to Foxboro three years straight....

Try READING the posts that you respond to. The original poster on this topic merely asked a question, he DID NOT b*tch!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

Because Roger Goodell hates the Patriots. Before he was Commish - in 2000-01, he came up with a master plan to realign the divisions. He knew exactly where the Pats and Colts would finish in each year and he executed the re-alignment perfectly so that the Pats and Colts wouldn't meet in NE until 2099!!!!

Ahahahahahahahahaahaha!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

If anybody new anything about NFL scheduling, they would know that when the 2009 schedule was set 3 years ago, it read" the AFC east 2008 SECOND place finisher will play at the AFC south SECOND place finisher" Thats why the Pats played Denver, the AFC west second place team last year, and Baltimore, the AFC north second place team last year....Course Dolt fans will not understand this as they will tell you the dolts finished first last year when actually they finished behind tennesee....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why is game in Indianapolis : Wrong again...  Back in 2004 when they revised the new scheduling everyone knew, except the mindless vacuum of this board, that the Colts and Pats were playing every year thru 2009.  They both could have gone 0-16 the last three years and they would still have played each other.  You don't ever get confused for a rocket scientist do you?

Isn't it time for you to fetch your mommy from the alley where she works?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]Okay, once again. It's a three-year rotation. Assuming the teams continue to meet as division winners, they will do so in Foxboro the next three times.
    Time to set the over under on the number of times this question will be asked throughout the rest of the week? 

10?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE].....because Irsay and his ilk moved his team out of Baltimore in the middle of the night. Real classy,but we won't mention that....oops
    Posted by Harleyroadking111[/QUOTE]
    Classy?  From a pats fans fingers?  Surely you jest.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Why is game in Indianapolis:
    [QUOTE]I was just curious about the scheduling this year. We played the Colts in Indianapolis last year and are playing them there again this year. Seems that we should be playing at home this year. Anyone know why scheduling happens like this?
    Posted by jkurmaskie[/QUOTE]

There was a piece by Mike Reiss last season explaining the scheduling. I guess that Indy got something like four out of five at home, and out of the next five NE gets four at home.

Something like that.

I would love NE to play more games against all top competitors in Gillette.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Ok, that was right. I remembered it wrong.

I don't see anyone in either division really challenging either team for the next three seasons, so that means three in Gillette.

Sweet.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

[QUOTE]Either way, we end up playing them every year.

And we all know, Poo-Poo hates coming to New England because it's always snowing when he plays the Pats.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from coltiniraq. Show coltiniraq's posts

Wait!  According to most Pats fans it's because Bill Polian has the league in his hip pocket.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

PM,

I just want to make sure I understand what you are saying about how the home teams for the extra two games (same place in division).

Are you saying that when same place in division winners play, the home team is determined by whichever team will be the future home team when they are matched due to conference?

So, for example, the Pats are slated to play IND, HOU, @TEN, @JAX in 2012. So, if they place first and IND places first this year, the game next year will be in NE, but if JAX wins the AFC North this year, they will play at JAX?

If that is true, what happens if they end up with two home or road games?

E.G. They are slated to play OAK, SAN, @KC, @DEN in 2011. But the Pats, JAX and DEN all win their divisions this year. The Pats would play them both next year, but where would the games be? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I wish I knew why we were playing in Indy again.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why is game in Indianapolis : Classy?  From a pats fans fingers?  Surely you jest.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

Dogg, I'm not familiar with Indy, who did you folks root for before the Colts moved there? In Mass. when I was a kid my dads generation were fans of the Giants because they were on TV and the Pats weren't....just wondering.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

OK, but whatever the reason, it shouldnt happen.  especially with the colts.  how much fake crowd noise will they have to pump into the lucas oil dump to make up for the somnambulant wine gorged sissified crowd when dancy pants manning isnt on the field?  Man, i hate the colts.  and btw, underdogg, you lost all credibility with me for your class statement.  Irsay scrued Baltimore, we NEVER did that. If you can't even admit that, you are a pathetic loser.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wwsf4ever. Show wwsf4ever's posts

In Response to Why is game in Indianapolis:
    [QUOTE]I was just curious about the scheduling this year. We played the Colts in Indianapolis last year and are playing them there again this year. Seems that we should be playing at home this year. Anyone know why scheduling happens like this?
    Posted by jkurmaskie[/QUOTE]
    It is because it is gainst the law to whine at a major sports evenent, and to throw your OL under the bus in Massachusetts..... 

So to protect Poutin Peyton they had to have the game in Whinerville- (Indy) hidden among the corn stalks.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why is game in Indianapolis : PM, I just want to make sure I understand what you are saying about how the home teams for the extra two games (same place in division). Are you saying that when same place in division winners play, the home team is determined by whichever team will be the future home team when they are matched due to conference? So, for example, the Pats are slated to play IND, HOU, @TEN, @JAX in 2012. So, if they place first and IND places first this year, the game next year will be in NE, but if JAX wins the AFC North this year, they will play at JAX? If that is true, what happens if they end up with two home or road games? E.G. They are slated to play OAK, SAN, @KC, @DEN in 2011. But the Pats, JAX and DEN all win their divisions this year. The Pats would play them both next year, but where would the games be? 
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

I'm sure there are scenarios within the schedule design which would upset the apple cart, but the reason this topic comes up so often is because the Pats and Colts have been on top of their respective divisions for so long. In the old days, teams that tended to meet regularly (I remember the Broncos being a huge thorn in the Pats' side in this respect) would play home-and-away every year. That was changed a few years ago to the current three-game rotation, which I believe does not take into account whether teams are meeting respective to their places in the standings (which only accounts for two games each year) or through the divisional rotation.

If that does answer your question, may I suggest Google?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

In Response to Re: Why is game in Indianapolis : Dogg, I'm not familiar with Indy, who did you folks root for before the Colts moved there? In Mass. when I was a kid my dads generation were fans of the Giants because they were on TV and the Pats weren't....just wondering.
    Posted by Harleyroadking111