Why is game in Indianapolis

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Re: Why is game in Indianapolis

If that is what you like to watch then you are a sickpup.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

In Response to Re: Why is game in Indianapolis:
    [QUOTE]I wish I knew why we were playing in Indy again.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUO

Me too, but fkit, will kick your a@@ regardless the venue!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why is game in Indianapolis : I'm sure there are scenarios within the schedule design which would upset the apple cart, but the reason this topic comes up so often is because the Pats and Colts have been on top of their respective divisions for so long. In the old days, teams that tended to meet regularly (I remember the Broncos being a huge thorn in the Pats' side in this respect) would play home-and-away every year. That was changed a few years ago to the current three-game rotation, which I believe does not take into account whether teams are meeting respective to their places in the standings (which only accounts for two games each year) or through the divisional rotation. If that does answer your question, may I suggest Google ?
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

No, actually that doesn't help at all. I guess I am confused as your original response gave the impression that you knew and were oh so tired of people asking. Going forward, if you don't know, then don't pretend you do. It saves time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Root, Pm is a journalist he just loves to see his words on the screen, whether 

they
    make any sense
                 does

not                    matter.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

OK. Here is how it goes.

Most people on this board that each NFL team plays an en entire division from their own conference every three years. That means in 2002, the Pats played the AFC West, 2003 - the South, 2004 - the North, and so on. Of course they play two games against that division at home and two games on the road and switch the home games every three years. So if the Pats played the AFC West in 2002 and had the Chargers in SD, then in 2005 when the played the AFC West again, they played the Chargers in NE. So that much we are all good with.

As to how this pertains to the original question of why the Pats are once again in Indy, they are playing the entire AFC South division this year and it happens to be Indy's turn.

OK, so why were the last two years in Indy as well?

As each AFC team plays another AFC division each year, this leaves two other divisions in the AFC. So for two games, each team plays once against the other teams in its conference that finished in the same place in their own divisions. 
    E.G. If the Pats are playing the AFC West in 2002 and they finished second in the AFC East in 2001, then they play the second place teams from the AFC South and North in 2002. (I will refer to these games as "same place" going forward.)

Great, but how do they determine which team plays at home - or why did the Pats play in Indy the last few years.

Every time they play an entire AFC division for the next two years, they play the same place team from that division on the road. 

E.G. They played the AFC West in 2002. In 2003 and 2004, when they played the same place team from the AFC West, it was on the road.

So, in 2006, they played the entire AFC South. This meant that for 2007 and 2008, they play the same place AFC South team game in that team's city. Of course, the same place team from the South each time was Indy and the game was in their stadium.

I hope that helps clear things up a bit for people. If you have any questions I will try to answer them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]Root, Pm is a journalist he just loves to see his words on the screen, whether  they make any sense              does     not                    matter.
    Posted by Harleyroadking111[/QUOTE]

I actually like most of his words. I just thought that acting like a jaded expert and getting pizzy when asked a question he couldn't answer was kind of ducious.

Not sure if your formatting was an homage to cummings, but it reminded me of him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why is game in Indianapolis : No, actually that doesn't help at all. I guess I am confused as your original response gave the impression that you knew and were oh so tired of people asking. Going forward, if you don't know, then don't pretend you do. It saves time.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

Wow . . .

You got all that from "Once again, it's a three-year rotation."

That's . . .

astounding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOrgLj9lOwk

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why is game in Indianapolis : Dogg, I'm not familiar with Indy, who did you folks root for before the Colts moved there? In Mass. when I was a kid my dads generation were fans of the Giants because they were on TV and the Pats weren't....just wondering.
    Posted by Harleyroadking111[/QUOTE]
    Lots of Bears fans due to proximity and, I think, because many years ago (40 or so) the Bears had their training camp in Indiana.  A few Bengals fans due to proximity.  Really, you could be a fan of just about anyone.  I grew up in a family of 6 boys and we all liked different teams.  I was a huge Steelers fan as a kid.  If you had no team and no strong allegiences in the family, it was hard not to be either a Steelers or Cowboys Fan (maybe the Raiders).  I hated and still hate the Cowboys.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]OK, but whatever the reason, it shouldnt happen.  especially with the colts.  how much fake crowd noise will they have to pump into the lucas oil dump to make up for the somnambulant wine gorged sissified crowd when dancy pants manning isnt on the field?  Man, i hate the colts.  and btw, underdogg, you lost all credibility with me for your class statement.  Irsay scrued Baltimore, we NEVER did that. If you can't even admit that, you are a pathetic loser.  
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

Here's the deal on the colts move Dave.  At the very base of it all, Indy NEVER would have gotten a team if Irsay did not move the colts.  So, I don't really care how it happened or who it happened to.  We have a team and to me that's all that matters. 

Beyond that, Irsay had real reasons for the move.  The city was threatening to take the team by eminent domain, which is akin to totalitarianism in a democracy.  I'm not here to profess that Bob Irsay was some kind of boy scout, because he wasn't.  But imo, if he was, the colts very possibly might be the property of the city of Baltimore today, and the laughingstock of the NFL.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why is game in Indianapolis : Wow . . . You got all that from "Once again, it's a three-year rotation." That's . . . astounding.

Yeah.

"Once again" - indicates you have posted this before. Adding the phrase is also an indication that you are weary of repeating it "once again". It also indicates that you seem to think you posted the correct answer previously.

"it's a three year rotation" - sounds like an oversimplified answer that, for some reason, you didn't feel needed expanding. But again, from previously, you give the appearance that you actually do know what you are talking about.

But, really that is no longer the point. The point now is that you tried to pretend you knew something that you didn't know jack about. And you did it with attitude. No worries. I will make sure not to ask you questions anymore that you can't answer. I repeat my earlier proffered advice - don't pretend you know something when you don't.

Aside from that, I asked a simple follow up question to your post simply because I wanted to know more and your response was to be a jerk. Generally, I like your posts and find them either interesting or informative or flat out funny. But your attitude to a simple request for more information was unwarranted.

No matter. I did what I generally do in these situations and researched it for myself and shared it with people looking for an answer. There is no post that I could find that explained how the home/away games are done, so I just looked at the schedule for the past several years and extrapolated the information from the sample. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]I wish I knew why we were playing in Indy again.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

hah!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why is game in Indianapolis : Yeah. "Once again" - indicates you have posted this before. Adding the phrase is also an indication that you are weary of repeating it "once again". It also indicates that you seem to think you posted the correct answer previously. "it's a three year rotation" - sounds like an oversimplified answer that, for some reason, you didn't feel needed expanding. But again, from previously, you give the appearance that you actually do know what you are talking about. But, really that is no longer the point. The point now is that you tried to pretend you knew something that you didn't know jack about. And you did it with attitude. No worries. I will make sure not to ask you questions anymore that you can't answer. I repeat my earlier proffered advice - don't pretend you know something when you don't. Aside from that, I asked a simple follow up question to your post simply because I wanted to know more and your response was to be a jerk. Generally, I like your posts and find them either interesting or informative or flat out funny. But your attitude to a simple request for more information was unwarranted. No matter. I did what I generally do in these situations and researched it for myself and shared it with people looking for an answer. There is no post that I could find that explained how the home/away games are done, so I just looked at the schedule for the past several years and extrapolated the information from the sample. 
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

It's not secret (or shouldn't be) that virtually everything I post in here comes directly off the top of my head. That's why it says "I believe" instead of "so let it be written" at the end of the post. I guess you must have been to busy decipering the imaginary subtext and extrapolating to meet your predrawn conclusion to see that; or to note that "once again" was a reference to yet another thread on yet another dead horse topic. I'm pretty snarky in here, so I can see how someone might take the time to go around the corner and down the street to make some convoluted point about how uninformed I am in a general sense, and how I compensate for my craven insipidity (that can't possibly be a word) with confusing and contradictory rhetoric. But ultimately, what this is is entertainment . . .

well, that's what it is for me, anyway, and my last word on this subject will be "disappointment," as there is not a lot of quality game in here and it won't be nearly as entertaining for me if the quality posters won't play with me.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Pmike - You, snarky? No. 

To use your phrase, this is akin to suggesting water is wet.

By the way, I was wondering...

Do you know?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why is game in Indianapolis : It's not secret (or shouldn't be) that virtually everything I post in here comes directly off the top of my head. That's why it says "I believe" instead of "so let it be written" at the end of the post. I guess you must have been to busy decipering the imaginary subtext and extrapolating to meet your predrawn conclusion to see that; or to note that "once again" was a reference to yet another thread on yet another dead horse topic. I'm pretty snarky in here, so I can see how someone might take the time to go around the corner and down the street to make some convoluted point about how uninformed I am in a general sense, and how I compensate for my craven insipidity (that can't possibly be a word) with confusing and contradictory rhetoric. But ultimately, what this is is entertainment . . . well, that's what it is for me, anyway, and my last word on this subject will be "disappointment," as there is not a lot of quality game in here and it won't be nearly as entertaining for me if the quality posters won't play with me.

Your post does not say "I believe". It reads:

Okay, once again.
    It's a three-year rotation.
    Assuming the teams continue to meet as division winners, they will do so in Foxboro the next three times.

And the rest of your rationalization is simply lame "I am known to be wrong so even if I write like I know something, I don't and it is your fault for actually thinking I do."

Man up, dude. You made up something, got inadvertently called on it and instead of saying you didn't know, you went d*ckhead. And apparently are trying to remain that way. Aren't journalists supposed to have some sense of integrity even when they aren't journaling.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shtarka. Show Shtarka's posts

Underdogg,

I jest, and don't call me 'surely'.

Sections
Shortcuts