Why is Hernandes acting so normal?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

Re: Why is Hernandes acting so normal?

I have lived through 40 odd years of ups and downs as a fan of various Boston teams, since my teens. There have been unbelievable highs of ecstasy and lows of great anguish along the way. But this is the worst of the lows so far.

Most of us liked what we saw of Aaron Hernandez. He played great and showed up well in interviews. Looked like a great addition to the Pats, and with Gronk became an impossible-to-defend TE duo that redefined TE-focused offense.

When the story broke, it was hard to believe because of the cognitive dissonance. Our brains told us that the evidence was piling up but our hearts had a hard time connecting the dots.

The fact that there are stone-cold killers living "normal" lives is bad enough. That this was a guy on "our" team who we had such great hopes for makes it even worse.

This is a new low for this Boston fan.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Because he is a psychopath

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

Can you imagine what would have happened had he not been caught for this murder?  Eventually one of the Pats Players or coaches would have pissed him off and he would have gone in and shot up the locker room.  God forbid if they ever traded him or released him!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to neinmd's comment:

I have lived through 40 odd years of ups and downs as a fan of various Boston teams, since my teens. There have been unbelievable highs of ecstasy and lows of great anguish along the way. But this is the worst of the lows so far.

Most of us liked what we saw of Aaron Hernandez. He played great and showed up well in interviews. Looked like a great addition to the Pats, and with Gronk became an impossible-to-defend TE duo that redefined TE-focused offense.

When the story broke, it was hard to believe because of the cognitive dissonance. Our brains told us that the evidence was piling up but our hearts had a hard time connecting the dots.

The fact that there are stone-cold killers living "normal" lives is bad enough. That this was a guy on "our" team who we had such great hopes for makes it even worse.

This low is NOTHING compared to the Tyree catch or the Welker drop.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

How would you like to be a player in camp fighting for this guys job wondering if you beat him out if you'll wake up dead the next day?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Tomhab's comment:

Can you imagine what would have happened had he not been caught for this murder?  Eventually one of the Pats Players or coaches would have pissed him off and he would have gone in and shot up the locker room.  God forbid if they ever traded him or released him!

Which brings me to my new theory....remember when Kellen Winslow mysteriously asked for his release last year after making a couple of catches for the injured Hernadez? Ten bucks Hernandez pressed a blade into his tummy and whispered to him, "nobody catches balls in the Hern's place...you just give that some thought". Boom, next day he wants out.

Coincidence? I think not! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to neinmd's comment:

This low is NOTHING compared to the Tyree catch or the Welker drop.

Man, you are tough...you might give a robot a run for its money on emotional depth and complexity. Just kidding, Babe. You are all right.

Sections
Shortcuts