Why is is ALWAYS Brady's fault because other players DO NOT make BIG PLAYS?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Re: Why is is ALWAYS Brady's fault because other players DO NOT make BIG PLAYS?

In Response to Re: Why is is ALWAYS Brady's fault because other players DO NOT make BIG PLAYS?:
    I actually think Wes Buckner is the most to blame.  4 minutes left and if he catches that ball - champions.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost

Get lost. NOBody is perfect. Not even you.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In Response to Re: Why is is ALWAYS Brady's fault because other players DO NOT make BIG PLAYS?:
    It's important to remember that the Giants had an excellent team, coach and QB.  They are a better team with more talent than the Pats. But Wes Buckner still cost them the game.

Sure they are FOOL.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

I also do not understand why they went with Gronk when Ocho looked good on his one play, would have got open again and again in man coverage or made NYG go to a dime package that opens up the draw play like with Baltimore. Obie was such a predictable disaster at play calling.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4THANDOOPS. Show 4THANDOOPS's posts

It is Bradys fault! You lost the game because the so-called "goat" made the dumbest mistake EVER. If not for that safety, you would have won the game.
    Atleast they made Super Bowl history on the very first play of their very first possession of the game.
    Thank God Brady wont be in the discussion as GOAT with Montana and Manning any longer. Its obvious now how important those video cameras were to him.

LONG LIVE THE *

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Why is is ALWAYS Brady's fault because other players DO NOT make BIG PLAYS? : Correct.. the D gave up only ONE play over 20 yards.. the 38 yard pass to Manningham and it had to come on the last drive.  The D broke down at the wrong time.  Overall, they did very well, but, of all times to give up the big play! 
    Posted by agcsbill

Every play matters in the game.  Not just those in the last series or the last quarter.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Why is is ALWAYS Brady's fault because other players DO NOT make BIG PLAYS? : Yeah, you forgot the most important accomplishments Peyton has over TB. He threw a pick 6 to lose a SB in the most crucial drive of his career. He has 7 one and outs in the playoffs. Oh yeah, almost forgot that stellar 9-10 playoff record. As a Colt fan you really shouldn't sell your savior short by omitting these accomplishments.
    Posted by jri37

LOL - This is exactly the kind false of staging that many Pats fans use to promote Brady at the expense of Manning, and exactly what this thread was trying to get at as Brady can't be everything - Even Gisele said so.  But you can't let it go.  You attempt to protect Brady's legacy by suggesting he can't do it alone but then heap the entirety of the colts losses on Manning.   

Please tell all of us that you are so stupid as to believe this crap that you write.  Please for the love of the enlightment that is Boston - don't tarnish that reputation too. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

You are staking the reputation of a single person on team record without any details to support. 

Brady's safety had as much of a direct impact on the Pats result as Manning's pick six did.  His safety caused the Pats to need a TD to win the game as opposed to a FG to tie.  Guess Tom now has that same kind of blood on his hands. 

Its a shame that you really can't hang your hat on that one anymore. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to Why is is ALWAYS Brady's fault because other players DO NOT make BIG PLAYS?:
    This seems to be a common theme today about yesterday's game.  The loss is being placed on Brady with some mention of other elements of the team.  But, overall, most discussions begin with blaming Brady.  I ask WHY? In this game, we saw some players on the Giants, other than Manning, make some great plays!  Name a Pats player that made you go.. "what a great play!" yesterday?  I dare say, NONE!  Did we see a great defensive play at a critical juncture for a major stop and we went bonkers!  I recall a Moore pass defensed, I believe which was an almost PI call.  How about a great run or catch from an offensive player other than Brady?  If Welker made that catch, it would have been on par with Manningham's catch, which may not have occurred if the Pats scored after a potential GREAT Welker catch.  How about Gronk doing better on that INT?  At least knock the ball down!  On D..  we did not see a critical sack or pressure made late in the game like we saw the Giants D get.  Why?  We blame Brady for that too??!!  This TEAM lost, not Brady. Unfortunately, the Patriots lacked a big play from someone other than Brady, blame THEM!!!
    Posted by agcsbill

I'll start with his over throws (Welker, one to Branch), and his under throws (thje deep pass to Gronk, who had to come back to the ball with a defender squarely between him and the ball). THAT was a poor decision.... anythime you have a hobbled receiver going 30+ yards down field, being covered by a LB,  you either throw it deep enough so that only your receiver can make a catch, or throw it somewhere else (perhaps short, knowing a LB is totally out of the play). Brady tried to hit a 400 foot home run with a whiffle ball bat.

This isn't new... we saw it vs ths Ravens, and now in another SB. We saw him sseverely over throw Welker on short sideline passes. So, while Mrs Nrady may gripe about the receicvers dropping balls, I give the receivers, and their significant others, credit for NOT making the same claim: after all, they can't throw and catch the ball themselves. 

Imagine how a WR feels when he's wide open, clear sailing to a probable TD, and has to contort himself to make try and make a circus catch in teh SB.......  

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Why is is ALWAYS Brady's fault because other players DO NOT make BIG PLAYS? : funny, i was only pointing out omissions in a post from another Colt fan. I never mentioned Brady originally he did. I only pointed out some of his omissions. Seems as though you Colt fans like to work awfully hard to try and make excuses for your savior by trying to compare him to other multiple SB winners. the funny part of the argument now is he isn't even the best playoff QB in his family.
    Posted by jri37

I'll take your deflection as admission. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Why is is ALWAYS Brady's fault because other players DO NOT make BIG PLAYS? : you can take it anyway you want.... facts are facts. If you want to take it as an admission and it makes you feel better about your team, your QB and yourself then so be it. i am not the one on another team forum trying to justify my QB, my team and organization to other teams fans.
    Posted by jri37

Ouch - And I am not the one using team records to define individuals.  Tony Ugoh has 2 superbowl rings.  I guess that makes him better than John Hannah.  Is that how you see it?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In Response to Why is is ALWAYS Brady's fault because other players DO NOT make BIG PLAYS? : I'll start with his over throws (Welker, one to Branch), and his under throws (thje deep pass to Gronk, who had to come back to the ball with a defender squarely between him and the ball). THAT was a poor decision.... anythime you have a hobbled receiver going 30+ yards down field, being covered by a LB,  you either throw it deep enough so that only your receiver can make a catch, or throw it somewhere else (perhaps short, knowing a LB is totally out of the play). Brady tried to hit a 400 foot home run with a whiffle ball bat. This isn't new... we saw it vs ths Ravens, and now in another SB. We saw him sseverely over throw Welker on short sideline passes. So, while Mrs Nrady may gripe about the receicvers dropping balls, I give the receivers, and their significant others, credit for NOT making the same claim: after all, they can't throw and catch the ball themselves.  Imagine how a WR feels when he's wide open, clear sailing to a probable TD, and has to contort himself to make try and make a circus catch in teh SB.......  
    Posted by AZPAT

Could not agree more. Brady should hold more of the blame. Sorry, he opens the second half with a touchdown. Then he leads the offense to 0 points with roughly 11 minutes to go in the third. He throws a ridiculously hard pass to Welker. He missed the mark. If Welker makes that catch, then people would be saying how incredible it was. It was not easy. And it was not like it hit him in the numbers. That pass was meant more for a guy like Gronk. And that deep ball was just plain dumb. So, Brady coughs up 2 points to start the game, misses Welker on a potential TD pass and throws that awful pick. So, yes, Brady needs to take share of the blame. A large share. He did not get it done. If only Gronk was a foot or 2 closer to Hernandez on that hail mary, he makes that tip catch and Pats win a thriller. We shall see what next year brings.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from series2006. Show series2006's posts

QB always gets the blame   Maybe because all passes aren't perfect   Wes Buckner is a real low blow to Wes  who has been a talented receiver for the Pats and has made catches he didn't have any right to make   Personally    I just think It's the Giz curse living up to its reputation    too bad though   It would have been nice to see them win again   In Response to Re: Why is is ALWAYS Brady's fault because other players DO NOT make BIG PLAYS?:
    It's important to remember that the Giants had an excellent team, coach and QB.  They are a better team with more talent than the Pats. But Wes Buckner still cost them the game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

In Response to Re: Why is is ALWAYS Brady's fault because other players DO NOT make BIG PLAYS? : Ouch - And I am not the one using team records to define individuals.  Tony Ugoh has 2 superbowl rings.  I guess that makes him better than John Hannah.  Is that how you see it?
    Posted by UD6

Because a QB has a bad game or doesn't play so hot does not make his past accomplishments moot.  Brady was the MVP last season and largely carried this team when the defense struggled this year.  He had 16 straight completions in the SB this year (a record) and was a catch or a defensive stop away from winning his 4th SB.  One of those Giants fumbles bounces the other way, Ninkovich stays onside, Manningham doesn't get a foot down, the Pats win, Brady is a legend again and Eli Manning is a shlep again.  They didn't win, but were within a play of doing so.  Heaping the blame on Tom Brady and concurrently dismissing all of his past accomplishments demonstrates the thinking of a simpleton.  Are peoples minds really so easily shaped by what the media pukes at them?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

Let me add that Victor Cruz, Manningham, and Nicks - FAST, TALL, ATHLETIC receivers make Eli Manning look REALLY good on a lot of poorly thrown balls.  Brady throws to windows or small spots because he has nobody that can consistently get separation outside of Welker....who btw was the NFL's leading receiver this year....thanks to Tom Brady.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Why is is ALWAYS Brady's fault because other players DO NOT make BIG PLAYS? : funny, i was only pointing out omissions in a post from another Colt fan. I never mentioned Brady originally he did. I only pointed out some of his omissions. Seems as though you Colt fans like to work awfully hard to try and make excuses for your savior by trying to compare him to other multiple SB winners. the funny part of the argument now is he isn't even the best playoff QB in his family.
    Posted by jri37

whoops - I must have misread your post.  Isn't this what you said:  "Yeah, you forgot the most important accomplishments Peyton has over TB."

Didn't that include both Peyton and Brady or is TB someone else? 

I am not involved in your conversation with another poster.  I simply was responding to your post (feel free to go back and reread), and unless TB is someone else, I am quite sure that the post to which I responded mentioned Brady. 

So based on your last post, you think Tony Ugoh is better than John Hannah - do I have that right?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

In Response to Re: Why is is ALWAYS Brady's fault because other players DO NOT make BIG PLAYS? : whoops - I must have misread your post.  Isn't this what you said:  "Yeah, you forgot the most important accomplishments Peyton has over TB."   Didn't that include both Peyton and Brady or is TB someone else?  I am not involved in your conversation with another poster.  I simply was responding to your post (feel free to go back and reread), and unless TB is someone else, I am quite sure that the post to which I responded mentioned Brady.  So based on your last post, you think Tony Ugoh is better than John Hannah - do I have that right?
    Posted by UD6

Get a hobby man.....why do you insist on coming here and acting like such a putz?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

A team game and a team loss. Nothing to see here, move along.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Why is is ALWAYS Brady's fault because other players DO NOT make BIG PLAYS? :   Because a QB has a bad game or doesn't play so hot does not make his past accomplishments moot.  Brady was the MVP last season and largely carried this team when the defense struggled this year.  He had 16 straight completions in the SB this year (a record) and was a catch or a defensive stop away from winning his 4th SB.  One of those Giants fumbles bounces the other way, Ninkovich stays onside, Manningham doesn't get a foot down, the Pats win, Brady is a legend again and Eli Manning is a shlep again.  They didn't win, but were within a play of doing so.  Heaping the blame on Tom Brady and concurrently dismissing all of his past accomplishments demonstrates the thinking of a simpleton.  Are peoples minds really so easily shaped by what the media pukes at them?
    Posted by jeffab

I want to make perfectly clear that I am not dismissing Brady's accomplishments.  I have made it known many times on this board that I think Brady has been one of the top two QB's of the last decade. 

All I am doing is trying to define the argument here.  Does the QB take all the blame and/or accolades?  Or in the most team of games is he simply a piece of the puzzle? 

In the past in an attempt to raise Brady's status - he was always credited (without inclusion of his teammates own efforts) with superbowl and postseason victories.  He garnered all of the praise, and I always thought that was shortsighted.  Now that his recent postseason efforts have seen more losses than wins, fans want to absolve him of blame, I believe, in order to maintain his lofty status.  You can't have it both ways.  

Generally speaking, if you anoint him, soley, for the wins he takes all of the heat for the losses.  I don't agree with this but to be consistent its required.  

Or you can choose the more reasonable path and see that his play was part of a team effort and then judge him accordingly. 

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts