Why is is ALWAYS Brady's fault because other players DO NOT make BIG PLAYS?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Why is is ALWAYS Brady's fault because other players DO NOT make BIG PLAYS?

In Response to Re: Why is is ALWAYS Brady's fault because other players DO NOT make BIG PLAYS?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why is is ALWAYS Brady's fault because other players DO NOT make BIG PLAYS? : #1. It was the original poster who brought up the Brady Manning comparison, I only pointed out the omissions in his comparison. Again, I find it humorous that you need to justify mannings career on another teams forum. Funny how you ignored the the family QB playoff comparison.  #2. If you want people to consider you a moron as it pertains to football knowledge then you keep running with that Tony Ugoh is better than John Hannah analogy.
    Posted by jri37[/QUOTE]

#1 - As I noted, I am not involved in your conversation with another poster.  I was responding to your post about Manning and Brady. 

#2 - Since you didn't answer my question directly, I have to assume by your response that you believe Hannah is better than Ugoh.  How many superbowl wins does Hannah have?  How many Superbowl wins does Ugoh have?  If you don't care for the Ugoh comparison how about Ryan Diem?  or David Diehl?  Are either of these guys better than Hannah? 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In Response to Why is is ALWAYS Brady's fault because other players DO NOT make BIG PLAYS?:
    [QUOTE]This seems to be a common theme today about yesterday's game.  The loss is being placed on Brady with some mention of other elements of the team.  But, overall, most discussions begin with blaming Brady.  I ask WHY? In this game, we saw some players on the Giants, other than Manning, make some great plays!  Name a Pats player that made you go.. "what a great play!" yesterday?  I dare say, NONE!  Did we see a great defensive play at a critical juncture for a major stop and we went bonkers!  I recall a Moore pass defensed, I believe which was an almost PI call.  How about a great run or catch from an offensive player other than Brady?  If Welker made that catch, it would have been on par with Manningham's catch, which may not have occurred if the Pats scored after a potential GREAT Welker catch.  How about Gronk doing better on that INT?  At least knock the ball down!  On D..  we did not see a critical sack or pressure made late in the game like we saw the Giants D get.  Why?  We blame Brady for that too??!!  This TEAM lost, not Brady. Unfortunately, the Patriots lacked a big play from someone other than Brady, blame THEM!!!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

I agree. No one got to the fumbles. No one created a turnover. No one made a fantastic reception. Woodhead's first down pass catch and run (Brady's throw) and Branch's 4th down catch (Brady's throw) were about it. Defensively, couple of stops that made it FGs instead of TDs. Just not a lot of great plays by Pats in general.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

When the Pats made it to Parcells Super Bowl, they had a game v. the NY Giants at Meadowlands to secure the division title. They had a last-minute drive. And then I remember this famous line by some head coach (forgot who)..."Great teams make great plays." Then Ben Coates caught a short TD from Bledsoe under the gun to win it. It was an alltime clutch play. I felt at that point, this team is going to the Super Bowl. They lost to Green Bay, but that was a special Pats team. This year's team, in the biggest game, they didn't make a big/great play. The other team did. Hence the other team is Super Bowl champs. Very simple, football. But Sterling Moore made a great play to save the AFC title, so there you go.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Why is is ALWAYS Brady's fault because other players DO NOT make BIG PLAYS?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why is is ALWAYS Brady's fault because other players DO NOT make BIG PLAYS? : I guess it is true what they say about you... you ignore the facts, dodge the issues and make things up. One last time for you and your comprehension issue. My post was in response to your fellow Colt fan. Really slowly now... go back and read my original post you will see the attachment of the post i was responding to.  Is that clear enough for you or do i need to double space my letters so they make sense to you?  If you want to continue to use the Ugoh, hannah analogy knock yourself out. i can not be or do I care to be responsible for your lack of football knowlwdge.
    Posted by jri37[/QUOTE]
    LOL - I am not ignoring facts.  You are ignoring my comments.  I've acknowledged that your post was in response to another.  My post to you however, didn't consider the other poster.  I only considered your comments, and I have now told you this for the third time.  Talk about comprehension problems. 

As for the Hannah Ugoh thing, its pretty amusing seeing you deflect when you know the comparison is apt.  

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Everyone should just stop the blame game as it accomplishes nothing.  They lost, thats not going to change.  You win as a team and you lose as one.  Move on.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Eli 4 playoff games this year ZERO picks....Brady 5 straight playoff games with at least one pick........

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

jri -

As one who continues to harp on comprehension, its disingenuous for you to attempt to blow off the ugoh/hanhah analogy as it relates to your brady/manning analogy.  Its shameful, really.  

as for coming back, you know I'll be here, my friend.  I've been here alot longer than you, and I ate my crow all season long. 

Its a shame that you are unwilling to eat yours for your poorly constructed comparison.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

I've seen the play like 10 times now and Welker absolutely HAS to make that catch. He has to. I agree that he makes that 99 times out of 100. When the ball hits the hands of an NFL receiver they have to catch it. It was his FIRST drop all year of a pass 20 yards or more. Also, Branch and Hernandez have to make those catches!!! Yes, Brady made a few mistakes, the long bomb to Gronk being the worst. When are we going to realize that we are a dink and dunk team! That was not the time to hurl it deep "up for grabs"!!! Run the damn ball, burn some clock, get into FG range. The saftey was a crappy call in my opinion simply for the fact that it is NEVER called in that siuation. I would like to see a list of all of the previous safety calls when the QB air mails a deep throw over the middle. Lastly, luck always plays a part and the Giants coughed up the ball twice! We get one of those and this is a different game!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Brady has turned into Farve...Throw first even into double, triple coverage, etc. Watch the Gronk INT again...Brady had at least 20 yards of open field in front of him if he tucked the ball and ran. Unfortunately, now running is not even considered an option by him.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from buttgrundle. Show buttgrundle's posts

Brady's pass to Gronkowski was a percentage throw, so when people say it's "wrong" they're using hindsight, which is always a nice argument.  From high school on up, you're taught often when you have 1 on 1 coverage down the field like that, with no option of help D, you take it.  If you can get it on a non-DB, even better.  You throw that 100% of the time, because odds are in favor of your guy being able to put a better play on the ball, let alone simply knock it down.

Blackburn made a good play, simple as that.  The throw was a low risk, high reward type. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

I agree, it was more of the same with the pass happy offense. That said, we still should have WON this game if players simply made catches they were supposed to make and "did their job" as Bill likes to say. Brady is definitely due two or three hero plays per game which is not a good thing. Not only could he have run for 10 plus yards but he had other receivers open on the play. I didn't mention before that the Gronk injury proved to be HUUUUUUUUUUGE as many people said it would. Also where the hell was Ridley!!?? Get him on the field! Lots of blame to go around and sad that we allowed a team as weak as the Gaints to win the game!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]Brady's pass to Gronkowski was a percentage throw, so when people say it's "wrong" they're using hindsight, which is always a nice argument.  From high school on up, you're taught often when you have 1 on 1 coverage down the field like that, with no option of help D, you take it.  If you can get it on a non-DB, even better.  You throw that 100% of the time, because odds are in favor of your guy being able to put a better play on the ball, let alone simply knock it down. Blackburn made a good play, simple as that.  The throw was a low risk, high reward type. 
    Posted by buttgrundle[/QUOTE]

You could not be more wrong about that. Passes that go over 30 yards in the air are the least often completed, most often intercepted passes in football. Add to that, the player you are throwing to has a bad ankle and you get a bad pass.

I do not think Brady is to blame for the loss. I think they were outcoached plain and simple. The Giants dictated the pace of the game. The fact that Brady was perfect for an eight minute stretch (end of the first half and start of the second) is the only reason the game was as close as it was.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why is is ALWAYS Brady's fault because other players DO NOT make BIG PLAYS? : Can't wait for next year to talk about what a great owner (leads all owners in tweets) and organization (signing damaged goods to obscene contracts) you guys have...  It will be loads of fun to talk about a mediocre team that nobody cares about. I could be wrong and perhaps we can talk about the great future your new Qb has while you enjoy a 3-13 season. I hope for your sake the kid pans out because it will be an awfully long decade in an empty building for your beloved team and the few fans that are left.
    Posted by jri37[/QUOTE]
    More deflection or is it that comprehension thing you were jonesing about earlier?   You can't seem to stay on the subject. 

I guess maybe when a related counter-comparison invalidates your argument, you can only move on to something different, right? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]Let me add that Victor Cruz, Manningham, and Nicks - FAST, TALL, ATHLETIC receivers make Eli Manning look REALLY good on a lot of poorly thrown balls.  Brady throws to windows or small spots because he has nobody that can consistently get separation outside of Welker....who btw was the NFL's leading receiver this year....thanks to Tom Brady.
    Posted by jeffab[/QUOTE]

(INSERT LOUD BUZZER SOUND HRE />)

Too bad, only an excuse. Brady has nothing to do with the make up of his team or receiving corps. Look to BB and the front office for teh new generation "Smurfs" he has to throw to. If they were good enough for over 5000 yds and 40+ TD's, they're good enough for the SB.... NO EXCUSES!!

And that poor decision throw to Gronk that was INT?? He's anything but small, and yet the ball was underthrown, with a defender (a LB at that) clearly between Gronk and the ball. What's your excuse for that one?

With a 25 passer rating for the 4th qtr, Brady shoulders a lot of the responsibility for the loss. Sorry. Even the MLB pitcher with 24 wins and a 2.10 ERA gets beat when he hangs a curve, or gets the fastball belt high on a 3-2 count, and the batter sitting "dead red" looking for it. It all comes down to decisions and executions.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]They never call that a Safety, because the QB isn't in the grasp nor can you prove he was throwing it away to avoid a sack. It's tehnically the wrong call.   You only see it when the QB is in desperation, with a las ditch effort to throw it to the side, not winding up to go deep. I think he was throwing it away.  He should have just run a dead sprint to the right and then threw it away. THis just traces back to a pathetic play call.  You know their whole gameplan is to sell out on a rush, so why call a passing play on the goal line anyway? Just call 2 running plays that push the pile 5 yards, so you're in a manageable 3rd and 5, worst case. The O'Brien/Brady thing was just bad.   Terrible relationship, no chemistry, it never worked. I don't care what each says publicly or if BB wishes O'Brien well. They're not going to be unprofessional and say "yeah, he's been bad, we can't wait until he;s gone".
    Posted by RustyGriswold[/QUOTE]

The saftey was the right call. Brady was hit within a split second of letting go, how can you say he was not trying to avoid a sack. Watch the play again. Brady doesn't even argue, he knows it was a bad play by him. You cannot say that call changed the game. You do not know what would have happened on the next play. Maybe the hand off to BJGE and he gets stuffed in the end zone and the Giants still get a safety. We will never know.

I agree that the offensive gameplanning was horrible. The Patriots allowed the Giants to dictate the pace of the game and keep scoring down by limiting the numbers of possessions. The Giants knew their chances of winning were better the lower the final score was. Coming into the Super Bowl, the Patriots were 13-1 in "high scoring games" the only lose being to Buffalo, but in lower scoring games they were 2-2 (beat Dallas and Baltimore - lost to Giants and Pittsburgh). 

When you get outcoached for third time in a row by the same team, the blame in my opinion falls squarely on the Head Coach of the team. He had to know what the Giants wanted to do, and the Patriots allowed them to do it.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why is is ALWAYS Brady's fault because other players DO NOT make BIG PLAYS? : like i said earlier the posts speak for themselves. Continue to play your little word games it is amusing. i was being genuine when i said i looked forward to discussing  the Colts next season. i am sure it will be riveting discussions revolving around what a great season they are going to have or not going to have. 
    Posted by jri37[/QUOTE]

No word games my friend.  Just trying to engage you in further discussion based on your facts.  When you fully ascribe team records to an individual's greatness or lack thereof and I provide a counter argument, and you run away from it and change the subject, its, like I said, a shame.  

what the colts may or may not be in the future won't change a bit of that.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]Brady's pass to Gronkowski was a percentage throw, so when people say it's "wrong" they're using hindsight, which is always a nice argument.  From high school on up, you're taught often when you have 1 on 1 coverage down the field like that, with no option of help D, you take it.  If you can get it on a non-DB, even better.  You throw that 100% of the time, because odds are in favor of your guy being able to put a better play on the ball, let alone simply knock it down. Blackburn made a good play, simple as that.  The throw was a low risk, high reward type. 
    Posted by buttgrundle[/QUOTE]

How do you determine that play to be a "percentage throw", whatever the heck THAT is???? I suggest you get facts straight and have a little knowledge of sports, especially football, before uttering such nonsense.

FACT #1: Undeniable, Gronk was NOT 100%, due to is bad ankle

FACT #2: As Gronk ran down the field, the Giants thought so much of his playmaking ability that they covered him with a linebacker (who, I may add, now is a long shot at best for any HOF considerations)

FACT #3: Brady UNDERTHROWS the ball, making a hobbled Gronk have to come back for it. (In case you either didn't see the play live, or watch the many replays, Grionk actually had LeB by a few steps. This stopped when he had to stop and come back for the ball.)

FACT #4: Because Gronk has to come back for the ball, he now had a defender (perviously mentioned LB) between him and the ball; little solid chance for getting the reception, outjumping the LB while having a bad ankle. (Did I mention Gronk had a bad ankle?)

FACT #5: The only way Gronk comes down with that ball is if he's able to outjump the LB. Hmmmm.... did I mention that he had a bad ankle? Ever try jumping high with one?

FACT #6: Unless Brady suffered from the "I Can Do Any And Everything I Want Because I'm Tom Brady!" Syndrome, he never should have thrown that ball where the defender could ever have a chance to touch it with a diving finger tip, let alone a cleaqr jump INT. Poor decision on Brady's behalf. 

FACT #7: Low risk, high reward would have been throwing the ball deeper and giving Gronk a chance to catch it in stride or by making a great play on the ball (he's done that before). His "knocking down the ball" in this case is absurb. Yiou don't drag a LB 30+ yards downfield to knock down a potential INT.

FACT #8: We're not saying you don't make that pass. We're saying you throw it LONGER, giving only your receiver the opportunity to catch it. Plus, there's the pena,lty angle. What would you rather have? An offensive PI pn Gronk, or a PI on the LB, knowing he got beat and has to stop Gronk before he catches the pass?

No thanks for the education. Use it wisely.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]They never call that a Safety, because the QB isn't in the grasp nor can you prove he was throwing it away to avoid a sack. It's tehnically the wrong call.   You only see it when the QB is in desperation, with a las ditch effort to throw it to the side, not winding up to go deep. I think he was throwing it away.  He should have just run a dead sprint to the right and then threw it away. THis just traces back to a pathetic play call.  You know their whole gameplan is to sell out on a rush, so why call a passing play on the goal line anyway? Just call 2 running plays that push the pile 5 yards, so you're in a manageable 3rd and 5, worst case. The O'Brien/Brady thing was just bad.   Terrible relationship, no chemistry, it never worked. I don't care what each says publicly or if BB wishes O'Brien well. They're not going to be unprofessional and say "yeah, he's been bad, we can't wait until he;s gone".
    Posted by RustyGriswold[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but the rule clearly says that if the QB is still "in the pocket", he can't arbitrarilly throw the ball to a spot where there is NO receiver within the zip code. Brady would have been better served overthrowing a receiver at/near the sidelines. Or, bouncing one off the turf at a receiver. He proved later during the game that he was adapt at overthrowing and underthrowing his receivers.

25. This post has been removed.