Why is Manning getting so much MVP love? He's done nothing special on the Broncos.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Why is Manning getting so much MVP love? He's done nothing special on the Broncos.

It is not like he signed onto a bad team and resurrected them from the dead!  The Broncos WERE the AFC West champions last year and are simply the same again this year, but, Manning as MVP? They were a decent team last year who won the AFC West in spite of Tebow at the helm, so they had the makings of a decent team.  Manning was simply plugged into the QB slot.  All he did was make it simpler, and quicker, to get the AFC West crown.  It also doesn't hurt when SD falls flat on its face, AZ loses 8 in a row and Seattle is holding on.  I do not see his play elevate any more than he has performed in the past.  Like Brady, he is doing what is expected of him and he is keeping to his performance track record.  It is not like he is head and shoulders above everyone else!  Brady, as the QB for the Pats, now has his record 10th divisional title and that doesn't deserve more MVP love?

Let the arguments begin!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Why is Manning getting so much MVP love? He's done nothing special on the Broncos.

Well when he signed there, I thought..why is he signing there? I didn't think there was a whole lot of talent on that offense - he made them all better. I can't stand Manning and thought I had seen the last of his ugly mug, but the guy deserves some credit.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Why is Manning getting so much MVP love? He's done nothing special on the Broncos.

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well when he signed there, I thought..why is he signing there? I didn't think there was a whole lot of talent on that offense - he made them all better. I can't stand Manning and thought I had seen the last of his ugly mug, but the guy deserves some credit.

[/QUOTE]
    Not saying he doesn't deserve some credit, but, MVP worthy?  That offense won some games with Tebow.  What did Manning resurrect?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I don't know the criteria for winning the MVP but Brady is performing his greatness as expected, Manning is performing at a level that was not expected. Many of us thought Peyton was done or would be just a shadow of himself.

Brady doesn't get enough love that's for sure and I think they both are deserving.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Digger, the only question about Manning's play were about his neck.  If he is truly healthy, most thought he'd be back to square one!  Look at how Brady performed after his knee surgery...also above expectations.  Manning gets MVP love and Brady not?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

Manning should win Comeback Player of the Year

Brady wins MVP after running the table the last 4 games (with a lot of help from the D) and going 13-3

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Haven't you heard?  It's the Manning is a Valuable Player award.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It is not like he signed onto a bad team and resurrected them from the dead!  The Broncos WERE the AFC West champions last year and are simply the same again this year, but, Manning as MVP? They were a decent team last year who won the AFC West in spite of Tebow at the helm, so they had the makings of a decent team.  Manning was simply plugged into the QB slot.  All he did was make it simpler, and quicker, to get the AFC West crown.  It also doesn't hurt when SD falls flat on its face, AZ loses 8 in a row and Seattle is holding on.  I do not see his play elevate any more than he has performed in the past.  Like Brady, he is doing what is expected of him and he is keeping to his performance track record.  It is not like he is head and shoulders above everyone else!  Brady, as the QB for the Pats, now has his record 10th divisional title and that doesn't deserve more MVP love?

Let the arguments begin!

[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone is anointing him at this time.  In fact, I think there is less talk now since he's had a couple of pedestrian games.  Earlier in the season, however, he was tearing it up.

As far as the 10th divisional title, MVP isn't a career award, its for the current year.  Yet, barring that I think Brady's also in the conversation.  In fact, I don't think there is a clear leader at this point.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Not saying he doesn't deserve some credit, but, MVP worthy?  That offense won some games with Tebow.  What did Manning resurrect?

[/QUOTE]

I don't think its about resurrecting anything.  As you noted, brady's won his 10th division title.  Should he not have won it the two times he did since he previously won division titles?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

Digger, the only question about Manning's play were about his neck.  If he is truly healthy, most thought he'd be back to square one!  Look at how Brady performed after his knee surgery...also above expectations.  Manning gets MVP love and Brady not?

[/QUOTE]
    It wasn't so much about the neck.  When that was fused, most said it was stronger than it was previously.  The question was about the nerve that had been pinched as a result of the neck problem.  That nerve was affecting his strength in his throwing arm and there were signifant questions about whether or not he would ever fully regain his strength (he still may not have it all) and even if he did, there was no telling how long the process would take. 

Not to diminish Brady's knee, but medicine has been reconstructing knee ligaments for quite sometime now and with near perfect outcomes where professional athletes are concerned.  Further, even if there were complications, Brady's not playing a position where he needs speed, a loss of which can occur after reconstructions.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

His stats are very good along with his team doing good.  Certainly a 3 way running for QB's between him, Brady and Rodgers.  Next few weeks could really decide it.