Why is Ras I in the Dog House??

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Why is Ras I in the Dog House??

I always thought fans were making too much of his two starts last year. The secondary was bad last year which meant anyone had a chance to start. And Ras is still essentially a rookie with a long way to go. Hopefully they can work him in more as the season progresses because other then McCourty (who I think is playing well this year) the secondary still has big deficiencies.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

4 options:

• He's injured
    • He's being disciplined
    • Moore plays better in zone which we have been playing a lot of
    • Moore is better overall

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

When he plays, he looks the part and has not looked out of place.  With Darius Butler, it was pretty obvious that he wasn't going to be a long term fit.  I never got the same feeling with Dowling.  Who knows, but whether he's injured, lacking experience or otherwise, he'll play when he's the best option, which is the way it should be. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In the new NFL, it's not an easy position to play.  I'd be happy if just one of our corners showed the ability to turn his head back to the ball.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

If your #4 on the depth chart with the likes of Arrington, Moore and DMC giving up 300+ yards a game, ahead of you, it probably time to polish up your resume

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

The guy was basically a first round pick...he better not be in the dog house. We need this guy to be everything his lofty draft position is supposed to bring (and more).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to nyjoseph's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In the new NFL, it's not an easy position to play.  I'd be happy if just one of our corners showed the ability to turn his head back to the ball.

[/QUOTE]

" I'd be happy if just one of our corners showed the ability to turn his head back to the ball."

and defend the pass i'll add, with regularity

+1

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

If your #4 on the depth chart with the likes of Arrington, Moore and DMC giving up 300+ yards a game, ahead of you, it probably time to polish up your resume

[/QUOTE]

"If your #4 on the depth chart with the likes of Arrington, Moore and DMC giving up 300+ yards a game, ahead of you,"......

well said.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The guy was basically a first round pick...he better not be in the dog house. We need this guy to be everything his lofty draft position is supposed to bring (and more).

[/QUOTE]

+1

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

we should have gotten finnegan in f.a.

given this year, id say wed better pcikup teh best cb available in fa and forget looking for cb in the draft

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

4 options:

• He's injured
    • He's being disciplined
    • Moore plays better in zone which we have been playing a lot of
    • Moore is better overall

[/QUOTE]

This, what this guy said. Also, you think Gregory and Chung are bad? Wait till you see Ebner out there. Ebner was the guy who, in cover 4 prevent defense, gave up point number 28 to Buffalo. Let's stick with Chung and Gregory, I don't think either Wilson or Ebner is ready to take their spots.

You remember DMC's first INT in that game? Yeah, McCourty was playing the underneath and was expecting safety help over the top(Tavon Wilson), but the safety was late. A better QB catches that WR in stride for a deep TD. Luckily, we were face Fitzpatrick.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

ya, regardless of the Hightower pick a year later (that also cost a 4th rd pick) I think everyone would still rather have Akeem Ayers or Brooks Reed over Ras-I

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Ras is in the dog house because he is a free lancer in the back field similar to Asante. BB wont stand for this. It appears he will however get a chance on Sunday, as Moore has been abysmal back there.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to patsfan76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rkarp, I'll buy that. I know its something with his technique that B.B. doensnt like, cuz he def. has more talent than S.Moore.

[/QUOTE]

SMoore has been out of position all season. Surprised he is still here. Ebner was particularly bad against the Bills, but he is a raw as they come. Wilson was lost 50% of the time, but is improving quickly. I would be surprised if he and Gregory don't flip spots in the next 1-4 weeks.

To me, Arrington has had 2 good games and 2 bad games. His pass coverage screams he should be in the slot, but the guy is very good against the run and a solid tackler.

McCourty imo has been solid for 3 and 3/4 games. He is moving well and knows his responsabilities. He has been so good he has hidden many of the safeties mistakes..

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to nyjoseph's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

why is it that they don't? who's the secondary coach?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoisesBiggestPatsFan. Show BoisesBiggestPatsFan's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"If your #4 on the depth chart with the likes of Arrington, Moore and DMC giving up 300+ yards a game, ahead of you,"......

well said.

[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"This, what this guy said. Also, you think Gregory and Chung are bad? Wait till you see Ebner out there. Ebner was the guy who, in cover 4 prevent defense, gave up point number 28 to Buffalo. Let's stick with Chung and Gregory, I don't think either Wilson or Ebner is ready to take their spots.

You remember DMC's first INT in that game? Yeah, McCourty was playing the underneath and was expecting safety help over the top(Tavon Wilson), but the safety was late. A better QB catches that WR in stride for a deep TD. Luckily, we were face Fitzpatrick."    ~49Patriots

49~

You're not allowed to offer this much detailed information on these boards any longer (those days are gone).  Ya just gave roughly 80% of this forum's daily respondents, Mass Annuerisms. 

Pass-coverage as we all know, has nothing to do with Safety play or about pass-pressure up front (and don't even THINK'a mentioning "situational Offense and defense"...you'll be tarred and feathered on the spot).  Safeties are an archaic position...1 day back in the back in the stone-ages, the Bedrock Boulders didn't know what to do with Barney Rubble...so they just said, "Stand far back, so maybe the other team won't be AS tempted to target 90 yards of the field all at once."  That is in fact, All a Safety is tasked with:  Looking statuesque in order to live up to his positional namesake...on the field however, they actually have nothing whatsoever to do with defending the pass...nor any job whatsoever.  Likewise, during certain passing plays, the Front 7's job is to make sure that the opposing team doesn't have any sorta time portal at their disposal, allowing them to drop back and pass, Then stop time altogether, in order to subsequently hand off to a runningback in an Einsteinian trick-play that noone ever saw comin' til it was too late, and the RB was already behind the Front 7 defenders.  IF they can do this=Bam, they've done their only tasked job expected on any given opposing Offense passing play.

C'mon man...that's football 101.  The Globe's #1 Pats writer, will tell'ya just the same.  IF an opposing passing play succeeds in any way, shape, OR form...It's because NE's sh#tty Cornerback (NE's failing CB=Always Devin McCourty...every down)- failed.  Nothing more, nothing less.  That's it=End of story. 

Lmao...You'll get no sort of argreeing attitude with the likes of THAT ^ quote of yours...  49, we're lookin' for this:

"If your #4 on the depth chart with the likes of Arrington, Moore and DMC giving up 300+ yards a game, ahead of you, it probably time to polish up your resume."

You do this, and the BDC world's your oyster...  Noone will ever question those nit-picky "incidental additionals", such as how the average NFL QB in this day and age on ANY and every average outting, throws for 270+ yards anyway...nor how When an opposing Offense is squaring off against a HOF Tom Brady Q-backed Pats Offense, They KNOW that they gotta put points up on the board in order to keep pace, and more often than 95% of the other QB'ed teams in the league, have the best odds for a fighting chance to Win...and more often than otherwise, they're spending the greater portion of each and every Pats matchup, usually attempting to score from behind (for some reason, I sadly feel that this might be too open-ended on this thread...lacking that final 1/2 inch step further for some of the reader's on here)...

Also, I think it's absolutely hilarious that bredbru didn't offer up a "plus 1" for prolate's remarks right here...

"I always thought fans were making too much of his two starts last year. The secondary was bad last year which meant anyone had a chance to start. And Ras is still essentially a rookie with a long way to go. Hopefully they can work him in more as the season progresses because other then McCourty (who I think is playing well this year) the secondary still has big deficiencies."

Why is that...?  Ras I is, as we all heard over and over in between every 10th of the 6000 Janoris Jenkins ("ONCE In a GENERATION...Complete and Total shutdown Cornerback"), NE's A#1 stud starting Cornerback ("based on his exceptional rookie play" 1 game=3 Tackles).

Still waiting for what people trully NEED out of Pats CB, in order to regard them as "Decent Cornerbacks"...  Is it:  The strength of God, the lightning firepower of Zeus, the fire-storm of combo through Mercury and Mars, the gods of wars and tempests, and total malleability in all forms...the Ref forgiveness of Jesus.  Lol, what else (let's just get a list down)?  =Like Has never allowed 1 pass completion in 8 years, and has 400 Tackles each season, 250 Passes defensed, 80 Interceptions (only 40 run back for TDs though), 50 TFLs, 20 Sacks (himself), and has an additional 25 or so KRs for TDs (b/c if he doesn't play STs on top of that, then Forget it!?!)...

Would this do?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to LazarusintheSanatorium's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"This, what this guy said. Also, you think Gregory and Chung are bad? Wait till you see Ebner out there. Ebner was the guy who, in cover 4 prevent defense, gave up point number 28 to Buffalo. Let's stick with Chung and Gregory, I don't think either Wilson or Ebner is ready to take their spots.

You remember DMC's first INT in that game? Yeah, McCourty was playing the underneath and was expecting safety help over the top(Tavon Wilson), but the safety was late. A better QB catches that WR in stride for a deep TD. Luckily, we were face Fitzpatrick."    ~49Patriots

49~

You're not allowed to offer this much detailed information on these boards any longer (those days are gone).  Ya just gave roughly 80% of this forum's daily respondents, Mass Annuerisms. 

Pass-coverage as we all know, has nothing to do with Safety play or about pass-pressure up front (and don't even THINK'a mentioning "situational Offense and defense"...you'll be tarred and feathered on the spot).  Safeties are an archaic position...1 day back in the back in the stone-ages, the Bedrock Boulders didn't know what to do with Barney Rubble...so they just said, "Stand far back, so maybe the other team won't be AS tempted to target 90 yards of the field all at once."  That is in fact, All a Safety is tasked with:  Looking statuesque in order to live up to his positional namesake...on the field however, they actually have nothing whatsoever to do with defending the pass...nor any job whatsoever.  Likewise, during certain passing plays, the Front 7's job is to make sure that the opposing team doesn't have any sorta time portal at their disposal, allowing them to drop back and pass, Then stop time altogether, in order to subsequently hand off to a runningback in an Einsteinian trick-play that noone ever saw comin' til it was too late, and the RB was already behind the Front 7 defenders.  IF they can do this=Bam, they've done their only tasked job expected on any given opposing Offense passing play.

C'mon man...that's football 101.  The Globe's #1 Pats writer, will tell'ya just the same.  IF an opposing passing play succeeds in any way, shape, OR form...It's because NE's sh#tty Cornerback (NE's failing CB=Always Devin McCourty...every down)- failed.  Nothing more, nothing less.  That's it=End of story. 

Lmao...You'll get no sort of argreeing attitude with the likes of THAT ^ quote of yours...  49, we're lookin' for this:

"If your #4 on the depth chart with the likes of Arrington, Moore and DMC giving up 300+ yards a game, ahead of you, it probably time to polish up your resume."

You do this, and the BDC world's your oyster...  Noone will ever question those nit-picky "incidental additionals", such as how the average NFL QB in this day and age on ANY and every average outting, throws for 270+ yards anyway...nor how When an opposing Offense is squaring off against a HOF Tom Brady Q-backed Pats Offense, They KNOW that they gotta put points up on the board in order to keep pace, and more often than 95% of the other QB'ed teams in the league, have the best odds for a fighting chance to Win...and more often than otherwise, they're spending the greater portion of each and every Pats matchup, usually attempting to score from behind (for some reason, I sadly feel that this might be too open-ended on this thread...lacking that final 1/2 inch step further for some of the reader's on here)...

Also, I think it's absolutely hilarious that bredbru didn't offer up a "plus 1" for prolate's remarks right here...

"I always thought fans were making too much of his two starts last year. The secondary was bad last year which meant anyone had a chance to start. And Ras is still essentially a rookie with a long way to go. Hopefully they can work him in more as the season progresses because other then McCourty (who I think is playing well this year) the secondary still has big deficiencies."

Why is that...?  Ras I is, as we all heard over and over in between every 10th of the 6000 Janoris Jenkins ("ONCE In a GENERATION...Complete and Total shutdown Cornerback"), NE's A#1 stud starting Cornerback ("based on his exceptional rookie play" 1 game=3 Tackles).

Still waiting for what people trully NEED out of Pats CB, in order to regard them as "Decent Cornerbacks"...  Is it:  The strength of God, the lightning firepower of Zeus, the fire-storm of combo through Mercury and Mars, the gods of wars and tempests, and total malleability in all forms...the Ref forgiveness of Jesus.  Lol, what else (let's just get a list down)?  =Like Has never allowed 1 pass completion in 8 years, and has 400 Tackles each season, 250 Passes defensed, 80 Interceptions (only 40 run back for TDs though), 50 TFLs, 20 Sacks (himself), and has an additional 25 or so KRs for TDs (b/c if he doesn't play STs on top of that, then Forget it!?!)...

Would this do?

[/QUOTE]

funny post laz,

i'm totally fine with disagreement. i hope you are or can become so. 

one of the biggest casues of acrimony and antipathy on this board seems to be that many here cant disagree peacably. there really is no emotional loss if someone diagrees. no one dies. no one is humiliated (unless it's an inside job).

out of curiosity, i don t know if you are a biggun on the line guy, skillguy or what; but did you ever play wr or cb at any level? it's just that devin's technique is so poor often and we differ so greatly in what we see with him. (and so be it. so what. let any difference that exists be).

anyway, hope you dont allow yourself to get angry or get your blood presure up about simple differences of opinon on this board. if anything, we all could respect one another and have each other's back routing for our team. 

peace

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to LazarusintheSanatorium's comment:
    [QUOTE]

49~

Would this do?

[/QUOTE]

What are you critizing me on? Ebner or Wilson? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

He's agreeing with you.

BTW everybody, Ras I was not injured, he missed practice for non injury reasons.  Supposedly someone in his family sick or something.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"What are you critizing me on? Ebner or Wilson?" 

Considering I mentioned neither player even once...I spent my reply post to you discussing the facts about how given my silver & gold rims & silver handles on my car, which is a Sedan, It made me conclude the feeling that a nice pearl white metallic outter coat paint on my car, would be- just sick lookin'.  After that, I went on to discuss the fact that for 3 years you've been basing Brandon Spikes terrible Pass-Defense abilities based on the notion that he ran a slow 40 time on a straight track field in shorts and tees during the 2010 Combine, and less on the fact that Urban kept him in during Passing downs while at U of F, and in doing so, Spikes returned 4 seperate of his 6 INTs for 4 (seperate) Touchdowns...and how since he's been here, and has played in only 28 Total games or so, as not just a MLB, but in the positional-physique ideal of a Strongside ILB, Brandon Spikes has had 7 seperate Passes Defensed alone thus far, and 2 additional INTs to boot (which is VERY good Passing D stats as a Big MLB).  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Laz

please dont post your comments until you are sober

Sections
Shortcuts