Why?? is Tebow

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

Why?? is Tebow

Being hyped on BOSTON.COM????????????? I was really tired of seeing and hearing him talk about his beliefs.. But I have now changed my point of view on that. The guy is just doing his thing. It really isn't bothering anyone. It's the GD media that is making me sick. 

Why is it that at the end of the day I find myself blaming the media. I'm not doubting that these people thought they were becoming part of an honorable tradition. But they quickly turn into money and spotlight hungry whoores. The media has nothing to do with truth. It's ratings and $$$$$. And that doesn't seem to bother them. I'm sorry but I have NO respect for the profession.. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Re: Why?? is Tebow

It's because his beliefs represent a political and philosophical position that is very polarizing. I agree 100% with you that he is just doing his own thing and the media should quit focusing on that aspect of his personal life. There's a lot of people that really hate the guy just because he does his Tebow thing. When the people that love him read the Hate coulumns they over compensate the other direction. You must have noticed that the most popular threads on this site involve Tebow(Or Religion), Players Union/NFL Negotiations(Or Politics in general), or Racism. If you can start a thread the involves Racism, Religion and Politics all in one you can draw at least 150-200 posts. It's no different with the mainstream media. People feel strongly one way or the other about all of these issues and it's good for ratings.

I personally am a "Live and Let Live" guy as long as nobody tells me how to live.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Why?? is Tebow:
    It's because his beliefs represent a political and philosophical position that is very polarizing. I agree 100% with you that he is just doing his own thing and the media should quit focusing on that aspect of his personal life. There's a lot of people that really hate the guy just because he does his Tebow thing. When the people that love him read the Hate coulumns they over compensate the other direction. You must have noticed that the most popular threads on this site involve Tebow(Or Religion), Players Union/NFL Negotiations(Or Politics in general), or Racism. If you can start a thread the involves Racism, Religion and Politics all in one you can draw at least 150-200 posts. It's no different with the mainstream media. People feel strongly one way or the other about all of these issues and it's good for ratings. I personally am a "Live and Let Live" guy as long as nobody tells me how to live.
    Posted by Rerun85

+1 good post rerun

I'd like to say though I don't think people hate Tebow for his Tebow thing and that people who love him have to over compensate I think it's the other way around. Most people I know had no feeling about Tebow or his religious stance one way or another until those who love him started cramming him down our throats. Either through the media or people who are proclaiming him as the best QB or Jesus reborn. I think most of the hate isn't against Tebow himself, as most people I know think he's a great guy, imo it's against the over hype and just blatant love for a gimmick QB who as a QB stinks for 3 quarters a majority of his games and can put together a great last drive. I think the bigger story is Den's D, Fox pulling these guys together, and the performance of Von Miller but Tebow is getting all the credit, because as you said he's a polarizing force and makes a great story.

Funny thing is most Tebow lovers think the haters hate Tebow the person while imo the haters are actually hating the Tebow lovers and don't care one way or another about Tebow. They are just over compensating for the Tebow love because it's sickening the way he's being put up on a pedestal

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

In Response to Re: Why?? is Tebow:
    In Response to Re: Why?? is Tebow : +1 good post rerun I'd like to say though I don't think people hate Tebow for his Tebow thing and that people who love him have to over compensate I think it's the other way around. Most people I know had no feeling about Tebow or his religious stance one way or another until those who love him started cramming him down our throats. Either through the media or people who are proclaiming him as the best QB or Jesus reborn. I think most of the hate isn't against Tebow himself, as most people I know think he's a great guy, imo it's against the over hype and just blatant love for a gimmick QB who as a QB stinks for 3 quarters a majority of his games and can put together a great last drive. I think the bigger story is Den's D, Fox pulling these guys together, and the performance of Von Miller but Tebow is getting all the credit, because as you said he's a polarizing force and makes a great story. Funny thing is most Tebow lovers think the haters hate Tebow the person while imo the haters are actually hating the Tebow lovers and don't care one way or another about Tebow. They are just over compensating for the Tebow love because it's sickening the way he's being put up on a pedestal
    Posted by PatsEng

Point Taken-

I bet if we took a legitimate poll(Not on this site) 50% of the people would agree with your take and 50% would agree with mine. It all depends on which social circles you travel in. That is Polarizing!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

You are both saying essentially the same thing. Most don't hate Tebow. The only part in contention is the chicken or the egg. 

1) Did the "Hater's" cause the "Religios Right Wing" to start an inquisition?
    2) Did the "Religios Right Wing" stir the ire of the "Haters" by trying to shove their beliefs down everyone throat?

Sections
Shortcuts