Why is the media all over this Tebow to the Patriots thing?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

Why is the media all over this Tebow to the Patriots thing?

Tebow is not a pro quarterback in my opinion.  What position could he possibly play in New England and why the lobbying by the media to get him here?  Tebow is a luxury pick for a team that is willing to experiment with him at H-back or wildcat quarterback.  He is not worth a high draft pick, especially on a team that has so many other needs. 

This is just like Pat White speculation last year.  To me, it's ridiculous to speculate about the Pats drafting him with a high pick.  If he's a later round pick, maybe take a chance.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Re: Why is the media all over this Tebow to the Patriots thing?

The media is dumb....there is no way that the Pats will waste a good pick on a QB.....when you have Brady at the helm.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

I was just thinking the same thing.  No way they draft this guy in the 1st round.  If they do, I would be really disappointed. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I don't know Rob although this does fit into the Lazy patterns of reporting that the media have. They must not know enough about anybody else so they keep bringing him up. The Pats obviously don't need a QB for a few years and then some and it seems to me they are content with grooming Hoyer right now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Last year the Pats carried Brady and a guy who wasn't even drafted.

I will play quarterback for the New England Patriots before Tim Tebow does.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

I have no idea why the media thinks Tebow is what the Patriots need.

Also seems like people think that our RBs and WR positions are more important problems to solve than our offensive line, defensive line, DEs,  LBs, and secondary positions.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Man am I so sick of this guy! W T F has he EVER done as a QB? How many games has he won because hes a good QB? And if you ever watched a single game of NFL football then you know his run through and over you style will not work at all, hes way to slow to try that. I know nobody likes me on here because Ill call someone a moron for I dont know maybe...saying we should draft Tebow with a late 2 or 4th round pick! Sorry, but alot of you are morons that think you know football. Morons and Pu$ $ys is all most of you are, you wanna say something as dumb as draft Tebow with a high pick, but wont debate and go back n forth with someone who challenges your ideas and thoughts. You'll post and thread something, but then run and hide when someone steps up. MBEAU, ZBELL, both have pictures of guys in their post, funny 'cause they have no ballz. Stay in your little clique, talk to only those who dont challenge your ideas, stay in your comfortable little group, but you look foolish when someone calls you out and you wont respond. CASPORTS is a  D  Bag, but at least he wont run and hide, and act like hes to good for some people. He has his opinions and will try to back them up. Its pretty sad that the best debate Ive had on here is with a Chargers fan, a Chargers fan has more Ballz then most of you.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Lots of are time and page content to fill. Sports writers and broadcasters have to justify their existence.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

I hear ya Bubba, most people on here have no idea what this team really needs. I swear some just scream about our pass rush to fit in and sound cool. You know everyone else is saying it so it must be true. Yes we are in real need of a pass rush, but no more than we need a D end. If the need for a OLB is a 10, then the need for a ILB is a 8.5/9. Ive been hammering that point(ILB) all year, it seem pretty clear to me that Mayo has a long way to go and needs some major help in the middle. Its weird, Ive been saying for 3-4 years that we cant keep trading down and we need some studs and might actually need to move up to grab one. This year though I think if we cant get an elite player at 22, if someone doesnt fall and if we dont trade up, I think Id try and trade down to the 33-35 pick. I really like Spikes, like Odrick, but not sure if hes worth it at 22. And Im still not crazy about all those projected OLB's, very tough position to judge from college to pros. Yea theres some depth in this draft, but to me that just means theres not alot of studs, OLB is the perfect example. How much better is a Hughes and Bowman than Kindle or Wooten? I think teams will back off these guys because of all the duds the last 3-4 years at that spot.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: Why is the media all over this Tebow to the Patriots thing?:
    Lots of are time and page content to fill. Sports writers and broadcasters have to justify their existence.
    Posted by Evil2010

If you ever sat down to have a beer with some of them, I'm sure that is exactly what they would tell you.  Think about it.  How many writers are out there trying to think of something to write about each day, week, etc.?  If we were in their shoes, wouldn't we also be scratching our heads for something to write about before long?  I think this is what can cause some writers to take the negative route too.  It must be hard covering a team that isn't real open with the media and is somewhat uneventful.  What better way to create a never-ending source of stories than to breed discontent amongst the fans, and try to create controversy within the organization?  It's sad, but probably true.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

Felger and Massarotti are only fanning the flames today.  Lobbying for Tebow to be picked up by the Pats because he's " the ultimate winner" and because "he'll bring a winning attitude".  Since when have the Pats turned into the Detroit Lions? All of a sudden they need to develop a winning attitude?  Is Tebow gonna wave pom poms as he's buried behind the 5 other guys that are better players than he is?  He is not a pro QB and he is not a good enough blocker, receiver or athlete to be a dominant tight end/H back.  But let's use a #2 pick on him anyway?    

It's gonna be a long winter...   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

The kid's not fast  enough to be a running back or wide receiver.  He may be developed into a decent tight end but why not just draft a true tight end instead.  Plenty to choose from in this draft.  He dosen't have the skills to be an NFL quarterback.  And even if he eventually does develop those skills over time, why waste a valuable pick on him?  There's too many ifs with him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Tebow is all over the news!  Quick, I need a story about Tebow, it doesn't even have to be true just about Tebow, Tebow, Tebow.

Reporter:  "Tebow is going to the Pats", brilliant....Now google searches for Tebow will bring up my story and I will get a kajillion hits.  Next stop NY times!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kildog. Show kildog's posts

If the Tebow story has Massorati's by line;  fagedaboutit! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I didn't even read the story because if I want solid information I come to the blog section of the Globe or Herald. Most of the fans have equal if not better thoughts on whatever is happening on the sports landscape of Boston. Tebow won't be available in the second round as Jaxsonville's owner has already stated that they will select him in the first round. Is he slow footed? answer is no! He runs a 4.75 40 which is the equal to every QB in the top 5 entering this years draft the fastest QB in that group is McCoy who runs a 4.68 40. As for speed to play another position goes he would translate into a possession receiver speed wise if he were to be used in another capacity.He would be a very fast FB and only average as far TE's go.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Gino Torreta (sp) Steve Spurrier, Tim Couch, Ric Majer we're all the ultimate winners, but they never won anthything at the next level. The bust potential is enormous for QBs drafted in the first round. I think Tebow is a better athlete than he is a QB right now. From the Pats standpoint he can be coached-up to become a better QB, but I would not waste one of our top 3 picks on a player that grades out to be a TE/HB if Brady is resigned. The whole world expects Tebow to go to Jacksonville and that could very easily happen.

The unwritten realistic rumor could be that Urban Meyer and his irregular heart palpitations coupled with quality New England medical care could be headed this way. Kraft and BB have the money and the will to make that happen. I am not sure about Meyer's contract status. Does anyone think he would be a decent OC with Brady or Hoyer ? Like the song says breaking up is hard to do, but it is fact with Tebow and anything is possible with money.

I project Tebow to be a late 1st early 2nd, but he could fall.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsandCs13. Show PatsandCs13's posts

I don't think the Pats will take him in the first round and most are saying that if he is available in the 2nd Round when they are on the clock... that's when they're saying the Pats might take him.

They have other needs that should be addressed... but you know what... they have sucked at drafting players so why not strike out again and draft Tebow... maybe he can be the Cheerleader coordinator.

In all seriousness if a team wants to draft him it should be a elite team... Colts, Pats... teams with aging QB's, other great players  and no person to fill the spot at QB... kind of do what the Packers did with Favre and Rodgers... ya know... have him sit back and learn... if he doesn't pan out... no big deal... you only paid 2nd or 3rd round money for him... not top dollar. (yes I know Rodgers was a 1st rounder)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

JohnHanna,

I agree 100% with your 1st paragraph.

We diverge on your 2nd ... I don't see Meyer playing 2nd fiddle to BB or anyone else at this stage of his career.  He's at the top of the college game and would command a HC position in the pros.

As for Tebow, if he slips past JAX he's a 2nd rounder at best.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

I honestly don't think Tebow is worth more than a 4th round pick.  I don't see him as even a backup quality quarterback. Pretty much every TANGIBLE you look for in an NFL quarterback (throw technique, accuracy, footwork, reading defenses) aren't even close to NFL caliber.

I also don't like him as a tight end or H-back (honestly who uses an h-back these days anyway?).  He doesn't have the speed or blocking experience.

Like one scout said in the Globe article about him today, "he'd be great on kick coverage".  Unfortunately, Tebow seems to be all hype with no real potential.  I hope I'm wrong because he's a great kid, but I just don't see it, at all.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Quick . . .

Name the last (U of) Florida quarterback who did anything at all in the NFL?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Because Belichick is a man of faith.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Felger and Mazz are blabbering buffoons.....

Whomever wants to Pay a back up QB first or second round money to sit on the bench for 4+ years, just because he is a proven winner at the College level has to have their head examined....thank God these people are not drafting for the Pats.  I bet Bill is having himself a good laugh.....

Felger and Mazz are killing the ratings on that station....I am willing to bet that Pete Shepard will be the next host of the drive home show on the Sport Hub.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

Someone somewhere else said it best:  Lots of intangibles, but questionable tangibles.  To me, he's a great college player with no position to play in the pros unless you're a team looking to take a shot in the later rounds to get a developmental-type QB.  To me, Tebow defines and epitomizes system quarterback. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from STAUGGY. Show STAUGGY's posts

I am a die hard pats fan,living near Tebow, the kid is super special,character,leadership,desire,football passion,intelligence,work ethic and raw power.  He will prove the experts dead wrong. I  seen how many times the Pats misjudged draft picks like Chad Jackson . Welker was not even drafted so I do not think size of one's heart ever comes into play because Tebow has the intangibles to be a big N.F.L. star.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts