Why isn't anyone talking about law firm as the lead back?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Why isn't anyone talking about law firm as the lead back?

I have seen this kid since he was drafted, the time which he has been given the ball he's ran hard and has looked better than LM would ever hope to.

Here's some evaluations of him when we was coming out:
    http://www.onnetworks.com/videos/draftguys-tv/profile---b.-green-ellis---rb

I know he's not the flashy runner but all he has done is perform when he has been given the chance. 

His rookie season he averaged 3.9 ypc with 5 TDs when LM and SM were down he was the running game.  In 2009 again in a limited role he went up to 4.4 ypc

IMO he would only get better if he was the starter and lead back.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapi61. Show BigPapi61's posts

Re: Why isn't anyone talking about law firm as the lead back?

In Response to Why isn't anyone talking about law firm as the lead back?:
    I have seen this kid since he was drafted, the time which he has been given the ball he's ran hard and has looked better than LM would ever hope to. Here's some evaluations of him when we was coming out: http://www.onnetworks.com/videos/draftguys-tv/profile---b.-green-ellis---rb I know he's not the flashy runner but all he has done is perform when he has been given the chance.  His rookie season he averaged 3.9 ypc with 5 TDs when LM and SM were down he was the running game.  In 2009 again in a limited role he went up to 4.4 ypc IMO he would only get better if he was the starter and lead back.
    Posted by Pats7393

The Patriots had an RB during the 2001 Season that reminds me of BJGE. J.R. Redmond. He didn't play much but certainly contributed when he did. (Final drive against the Rams for one) I guess pass blocking and receiving out of the backfield may also be a concern. I think he's a decent back and maybe better if given the chance.

I'm just not sure he is an every down back

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Pats7393,  I just wish BB would of given him a better opportunity last season to show what he had.  Instead of trotting Maroney out week after week to what was certain failure he could of started BJGE once or twice.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

I don't think he's very good in the pass blocking or pass catching role, then again Maroney's not great as pass blocking either

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

He may get a few more carries, but he's pretty one dimensional to me.  He has no value coming out of the backfield as a receiver and has limited speed.  He's a situational short yardage back to me and not a lead back.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

why?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

He's very average and not as good as Maroney. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

Why doesnt Bill Belichick see his greatness? Why don't I see it? Why don't other teams?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

No clue. Maybe Bill sees something that we all don't see.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

We got a chance to look at him last year, he wasn't very good.  When he came out this year he wasn't very good.  Looking at the games last year when he was the primary back, he just wasn't very good, he doesn't break tackles, he appears to be slower than Maroney, he's not a bruiser like Dillon and he can't catch like Faulk.  I think the draft experts got it right, he went undrafted.  He is a decent backup and he's only 24 but I don't think the Pats should count on him as a feature back.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

I think BJGE can run. And I think he's better in that area than Maroney- no dancing. I was definitely in the BJGE should play camp before I realized he had blocking issues. 

I don't think we are going to see him play until he learns to block. which he will. But until then, he is going to struggle to find carries.  We don't have Dan Graham in there eating up defenders anymore. With this offensive line, we can hardly afford to have a back routinely whiffing on blocks. He reminds me of Matt Light. At least slow the defender down. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I'm in the 'he's not good' camp. Not only is he not good, he doesn't have the potential to be good. He's a poor man's JR Redmond (Redmond didn't have bricks for hands). Maroney, relative to BJGE, is a more powerful, faster, and more elusive runner. I'm not saying he's great (he's not), but Maroney really roughed up some safeties this season. Remember the first two drives of the Saints game? BJGE cannot do that. Maroney has potential, and BB likes that so he sticks with him. BJGE doesn't have much upside. Gaining 100 yards against Denver last year doesn't make BJGE a good rb. He doesn't get carries for a reason.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from alcondragon. Show alcondragon's posts

In all honesty I dont think right now it matters which back runs because the Offensive line cant open holes on a consistent basis. I know everyone would like to see the Patriots get a great Running back and Def ends but Like Bill Parcells showed, without a great Off line you go no where.
    SeaBass is a great start and I think when the Draft is over many Patriot Nation fans will be upset, but BB must get that off line built or its going to be a long season. I think the Patriots will be in a 2 to 3 year rebuild process before anything really great happens. I think BB was hoping the Def. was going to be better with hi sprevious picks but Injuries on this team are huge. I would start with the Strength trainers and conditioning coaches and fire them all.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Because he blows.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

i don't see it ever happening, he's not that great

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

I don't see BJGE ever being a starting running back in the NFL.  He's just not very talented.  He runs hard and is a likable guy, and is solid depth for any teams running back stable, but isn't athletic or versatile enough to carry the load for an NFL team.  

The Green-Ellis hype started in 2008 because he came in after Maroney (with a severe shoulder injury) looked like he didn't want to be on a football field, let alone getting hit by 300 pound lineman, and BJGE looked good for the simple fact that he got the ball and ran forward. 

Now that the dust has settled, he's just not very good.  There are many better options out there in the draft, and already on the roster, in my opinion.

Sections
Shortcuts