Why it would be funny if the Jets win this weekend

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from reegz04. Show reegz04's posts

Why it would be funny if the Jets win this weekend

Well, I hate both teams ( I respect Manning, but that's about it ) but I think one thing would kind of be funny. The Colts tried the modest approach by not chasing the perfect season, they took their starters out and laid down a few weeks ago when they played the Jets. The Jets clearly needed the W to even taste the postseason. The idea of the Colts losing to a team they potentially may have " let in the playoffs " would be something to laugh at. Though a lot of us may doubt this will happen, I for one didn't see them beating the bolts last week either. We shall see...Till next season.....Go Vikes ( I guess )

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Re: Why it would be funny if the Jets win sunday

I am hoping that the Jets win this weekend.....I feel that they have the better chance of losing to either Minny or NO.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gettek. Show gettek's posts

It would be a sort of poetic justice if the Jets win.  The Colts could have knocked them out of the playoffs weeks ago, but they laid down.  Now the Jets are hot.  Just the type of team nobody wants to see in January.  They have nothing to lose and I really think they're gonna punch the Colts right in the mouth!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

If I were a Colts fan, I would be thrilled to be playing the Jets.  Much rather be playing the Jets than the Chargers.  I wonder who would have made the playoffs if the Colts hadn't laid down in week 16? 

Jets vs Chargers....  Chargers win 9 of 10.  It was a total fluke that the Chargers were so bad on that particular Sunday.

Jets will get 2 field goals.  Sanchez will stink and the Jets will rush for 135 yards.  Colts will win 24-6.  Manning will have 2 TD passes.  Addai will have a 1 yard TD run.  Add 1 Stover field goal.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Also, if the Jets do win, then ALL the Colts Fans & many others will just turn to that Colt/Jet game a month ago when the Colts pulled the starters and basically is the reason why the Jets are where they are now.  Stupid Colts.....If they get burned this weekend again, wow....they'll never hear the end of it.

Funny how things work out.  Now shouldn't the Vikings and Jets win this weekend?...Since Farve Played for the Jets last year......it could happen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I know we all like to rag on the Colts, and especially Polian, but they are a far better organization than the Jets with a lot of good players.  In fact, the Colts were more "Pats like" than the Pats this year.  Whether it's their behavior on and off the field, or their come from behind victories, they acted more like the Pats than we did this year (not going for a perfect season notwithstanding).  They should win this game.  I will admit however, that there is an element of poetic justice to losing to a team you let in the playoffs.  That said, I'm sure they would rather face the Jets than the Chargers any day.

I will continue to think the Jets will lose each game.  If they win this week it will not make me a believer.  I'll still think they'll lose the SB.  Why?  They have a rookie QB and that will eventually catch up to them.  I'll give Sanchez his credit, but in this game or the next, the rookie will come out in him.  Their D will not be able to compensate for that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Re: Why it would be funny if the Jets win this weekend

Either way, this forum will be invaded by a bunch of losers, regardless of the fact that their stupid team won.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

It would be funny but The Colts have a good defense (Don't tell the Manning lovers, they think he works alone), this will be the best defense Sanchez has faced, it will be loud and I think he will make mistakes.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

There is a reason no rookie QB has ever started a SB. And though people are always ragging the Colts defense, they do step up in the playoffs. They shut down Rice and McGahee last week. This made Flacco try to beat them with his arm. The Colts D is not overlarge, but they are fast. They are also opportunistic. If they can keep the Jests ground game in check they will force the rookie into mistakes. And as good as their defense may play, in the 4th quarter guys get tired. A 10 point lead is not good enough against the Colts when your D is winded. Their only chance is to get to Manning early and often. And keep the pressure up. I can't see the Jests pulling this one out, but who knows? It would be ironic, and Polian would be in deep with the Indy fans and press. Then if the Vikings won, it would be ironic if Favre beat his old team! We'll see what happens. Either way, I'm an NFC fan for the rest of this season! I'm kind of hoping Minnesota wins it all. Here in SC Sidney Rice is a big football legend, both in HS and at USC. And those TDs last week looked eerily like the 07 tosses from Brady to Moss, with the ball just floating right into his hands. As for the AFCCG, I guess I'm going to have to be (how I hate to say this) a Colts fan. I don't want the Jests to see a SB for another 41 years! Unless they buy tickets, of course!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Two reasons to prefer the Jets win the game:

1) The poetic justice angle. 

2) That will give the Jets an even worse pick in the draft, if I believe what I read recently that draft order is determined in part by post season results.

On another note, as for the Jets not deserving a chance in the play-offs, I agree. But then again, I saw more than a few Colts' games this season in which the officials handed them the game. And I did not even see half of their games.  One has to wonder if the Colts would have even made the play-offs this season if they had not been so "gifted", with all the parity in the AFC.  

Talk about your ironic games.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Title of NY Daily News article: "Who Do Jets Really Belong To? N.Y., N.J.?"

Things are getting nutty down here: newscasters and sportswriters have been competing to be first to predict a Jets victory, NY and NJ are struggling to claim them and there is even a rally in the center of NYC Thursday! All for a team that
    hasn't won anything yet. What do I summarize from this hype? People's lives are pretty empty for anything to lift them out of their own malaise.

NYC Pats Fan

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

I would love to see the Jets win. I don't know how it's even close. I'm not crazy about the Jets. Rex Ryan is an idiot. He and a bunch of his players have zero dignity or respect for the game. But they are harmless. What have they ever done to us outside of stealing Curtis Martin? But that was ages ago.

The Colts on the other hand have been a major thorn in our side and even cost us a Superbowl. Plus, if the Saints can beat Minnesota they would have a much easier time in the Superbowl  against the Jets. It would be nice to see Drew Brees win one. He and the Saints are likeable. And in a way, he would be sticking it to San Diego who clearly kept the wrong QB.

I'm sorry, but I don't see the heated rivalry that everyone is talking about. Both teams have to be winnnig for it to be a rivalry. I say, go Jets.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

The only way the Jets win is if Manning turns the ball over in the first half which keeps the game close enough for the Jets to stick with the run game.

The Colts have changed the way they use Manning this year and I think he will  throw safe quick passes in the first half and only open up the passing game after the Jets pass rush wears down a bit.

I expect a close  game for 2.5 quaters then the Colts will score 2-3 TDs on long passes. 

I think the Jets will go for it on 4th and short alot this game but that ESPN will not say Ryan has gone crazy. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

If the Jerks win I will throw up in my mouth !!
    If the Dolts win I will throw up in my mouth!!
    Guess I'm going to throw up in my mouth !!
    I'll throw up just a tad less if the Dolts win... so go Dolts I guess (gag !!)
    This feels like the end of the world...all is not right in the universe.
    I dunno it just feels wrong !!
    I won't watch this game...I'd rather stick needles in my eyes!!
    Actually I am done watching for this year....I'll just have my vomit bucket
    ready when I get ready hear who won.
    There is just no nice ending to this...........

Best case scenerio for me: Colts vs Saints.... Saints destroy Colts (Manning walks off the field crying)

Cheers !!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

Make sure your needles are sharp RX 'cause you are gonna be watching no  matter what blather you spout and posturing you do. And for Woody, you STILL cling to the notion that they don't belong? They won 2 games? Keep your little Patsie bitterness to yourself and deal with it that they deserve to be where they are. If they didn't belong, they would have lost the first game to the Bengals. You got your backsides handed to you by the birds. Maybe you didn't belong?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Everyone is looking for the angle that produces a Jets win.  They absolutely have the best defense and the #1 rushing offense, so one does not have to look far for those positives, but I still have questions. 

In the 2 playoff games the Jets played, their opponents missed 5 field goals (I think).  Do we attribute those lost points to the Jets defense? - I don't think any were blocked. 

In the first Jets Colts game (a game of desperation for the Jets), do you think the Jets held back anything (especially when Manning was playing) in an effort to win?  Do you think the Colts held anything back in a game that was meaningless to them?  Did the Jets get the colts best shot while most of the first team played? 

In the first Jets Colts game, Joseph Addai (#1 RB for the #31 rushing team in the league) broke off a 21 yard TD run straight up the middle of the Jets D when the Jets put 7 on the D-line and no one but 2 deep safeties in the middle who were preoccupied with the receivers.  How will the #1 D handle this, and does it pose a problem for their blitz disguises?  

In 5 of 14 games (disregarding the final 2) Manning's #1 receiver (in yards) was someone other than Wayne or Clark (2 Collie, 2 Garcon, 1 Addai).  Revis is great, but is the Jets pass defense good enough to deal with the multiple threats? 

In the Jets colts game - The colts played on Offense without Garcon and their starting Left Tackle, doesn't this bode well for the Colts?

In the Jets Colts game when Manning played - he threw for nearly 200 yards and a 67% completion rate without his left tackle and one of his receivers.  Is it possible the Jets were dogging it thinking they might see the colts down the road in the playoffs?

The Jets can win this game and that seems to be the media focus this week.  Actually this is all good, because the colts are getting much much less exposure.  But it does feel, almost, as if people are forgetting that the Colts also are playing and have a pretty good shot at winning this game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

I think this week the Jets have the decks stacked against them.  Not like last week.  The Jets actually matched up well against the Chargers.  The Jets' strengths in the run game and pass defense gave them a very good chance against the Chargers' great passing game and poor run defense.  I predicted that upset victory here on this forum.  The Colts, however, are another story.  Sure, that great Jet defense can slow down the Colts' offense, but I don't know how the heck NY will score a decent amout of points against the Colt D that hasn't really been too succeptible to the great running games (Miami wildcat aside) this year.  Plus, the D is playing the best they have all year (peaking at the right time).  Ryan's going to have to pass the ball to win this game, and I'm not sure Sanchez will be up to the task.  I'll go Colts 24, NYJ 10. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Jules - the one thing I fear - maybe the only thing, in this game, is the possibility of the Jets running some wildcat with Smith. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Jets pull out a few trick plays from the Jeff Fisher playbook to keep the Colts D guessing.  More wildcat than previous games, end arounds, flea flicker, rushing on 4th and short.  Jets have nothing to lose.  Special team play could also be critical to Jets success.   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Marc - Jets tried the end around against the colts - 14 yd loss.

Special teams is what put the Jets in that game against the colts  - 2nd half opening kickoff return for TD.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Jets are a very good team right now, and I think they have the talent to beat any team in the league.  I just like the Colts because the Jets probably won't be able to force the Colt offense into mistakes.  I allow that if the ball bounces the wrong way the Jets could win this one, though.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

I worry every time the Colts step on the field.  It's my nature. 

I'll say this, though - The colts have faced a Jet-like team in Baltimore twice this year and they won both.  They have faced other good running teams and won those games.  A majority of the Colts first team faced the Jets when the Jets were no less hungry and were ahead when the many of the starters were pulled.  At that time, the Jets D had yielded 15 points (colts missed an xp and did not convert a 2 pt coversion) while the Jets O had produced only 3 points. 

Until wk 16, Rex Ryan had never beaten Peyton Manning as a DC or HC.  

I think the Jets will give the Colts all they can handle, but I like my Colts chances. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

As well you should, dogg(g).

I can only assume this is exactly the scenario Indy was hoping for when it laid down for Green New Jersey in week 16. Beat a couple of teams without anything remotely resembling an NFL offense between them and -- presto molesto -- you're in the Super Bowl.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

As well you should, dogg(g).

I'm wondering if maybe this isn't the exact scenario the Colts braintrust envisioned when they tanked at the end of the season.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

pmike - what happened to your old name?  Did you say something wrong to the Mods?

PS - have the Vikes been granted their stadium yet, now that they are darlings?