Why it's great to be a Pats fan.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Why it's great to be a Pats fan.

There's a lot of negativity coming out of the Boston area this week.  Some people are questioning Brady and BB's age and desire, team toughness, lack of skill players, the list goes on.  In truth though, every year they don't win the Superbowl we hear the same things.  They've given us so much and set such a high standard, fans and media alike all cry foul and make grim assesments every time they don't win a ring these days. 

But what seems to get overlooked and drowned out is the most amazing fact there is, that being every single year we are a threat to win it all and a dominant team.  Too many things have to go right for you to make it to the SB, let alone win it.  Some of those forces you can control, others are nothing but luck.  And yet, somehow every single year we are marching strong in that direction once again.  I can't be mad that we fall short, not when every year is so enjoyable, not when I love football so much and wouldn't want to be a fan of any other team, not when we still unlike so many other teams have a legitamite shot, and in some cases are even favorites to win it.

If we can keep getting within one or two rungs of that ring, you have to realize that just by odds alone we should win another one within a few years.  I still firmly believe Brady and BB have one more in them.  And even if they don't, it's been one hell of a fun ride so far and I still wear my Pats jerseys proudly. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Re: Why it's great to be a Pats fan.

Are you a Jughead fan??? He wins 12-14 games every year, gets the 1 or 2 seed in playoffs and then falls flat on his face. Glad you accept losing, but some of us see second place for what it really is THE FIRST LOSER....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to agill1970's comment:

There's a lot of negativity coming out of the Boston area this week.  Some people are questioning Brady and BB's age and desire, team toughness, lack of skill players, the list goes on.  In truth though, every year they don't win the Superbowl we hear the same things.  They've given us so much and set such a high standard, fans and media alike all cry foul and make grim assesments every time they don't win a ring these days. 

But what seems to get overlooked and drowned out is the most amazing fact there is, that being every single year we are a threat to win it all and a dominant team.  Too many things have to go right for you to make it to the SB, let alone win it.  Some of those forces you can control, others are nothing but luck.  And yet, somehow every single year we are marching strong in that direction once again.  I can't be mad that we fall short, not when every year is so enjoyable, not when I love football so much and wouldn't want to be a fan of any other team, not when we still unlike so many other teams have a legitamite shot, and in some cases are even favorites to win it.

If we can keep getting within one or two rungs of that ring, you have to realize that just by odds alone we should win another one within a few years.  I still firmly believe Brady and BB have one more in them.  And even if they don't, it's been one hell of a fun ride so far and I still wear my Pats jerseys proudly. 

Am in total agreement with you.  Those who wish to be negative can find fault as much as they choose.  I'll take the Pats approach under Rober Kraft and Bill Belichick over any other franchise in the league and am a proud New England Patriots fan.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hole52. Show hole52's posts

In response to agill1970's comment:

We should be happy that they make the playoffs year after year. Do's anyone remember the Rod Rust years when they were lossing bad?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Yep...I used to be in my room listening to games on radio as home games were never sold out. Funny how all my Uncles and the like who are pats fans now were always watching the Giants games under Parcells...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Uh, 10 guaranteed wins per season, as Gomer got in Indy, will do this to ya. When you play .500 against the strenght of your schedule, you will probably NOT win the SB. Fans see the double digit win totals, and the glitz and glimmer of high offensive numbers, run up against the dregs of the league, as they should be running them up against, and totally ignore the inability to out away stronger teams as consistently.

Seems like many fans got spoiled by SB wins, in that they only want good winning regular seqasons, overlooking post season inefficiencies. Others, like me, will expect a better post season effort, that is accompanied by these 12-14 win totals. We've become, well, the New England Braves.

NOT a good thing to be.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Bingo Pat...dead on. Let these others put their jughead jerseys on....I prefer the tshitrs with SB Champions on them

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:

Yep...I used to be in my room listening to games on radio as home games were never sold out. Funny how all my Uncles and the like who are pats fans now were always watching the Giants games under Parcells...

u have very smart uncles

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to AZPAT's comment:

Uh, 10 guaranteed wins per season, as Gomer got in Indy, will do this to ya. When you play .500 against the strenght of your schedule, you will probably NOT win the SB. Fans see the double digit win totals, and the glitz and glimmer of high offensive numbers, run up against the dregs of the league, as they should be running them up against, and totally ignore the inability to out away stronger teams as consistently.

Seems like many fans got spoiled by SB wins, in that they only want good winning regular seqasons, overlooking post season inefficiencies. Others, like me, will expect a better post season effort, that is accompanied by these 12-14 win totals. We've become, well, the New England Braves.

NOT a good thing to be.   

ur right better to be the browns, the bengals and the bills

Sections
Shortcuts