Why KC can beat DEN, and why Indy can beat HOU!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Why KC can beat DEN, and why Indy can beat HOU!

First, KC:

Fans cheering a hurt QB, bizarrer playcalling, Crennel stepping back from thos duties, and teammate who killed his girlfriend, then himself in front of team personel, and currently an 0-5 divisional record, 2-13 overall. A miserable, horrid season for most conceivable reasons imaginable, and some not so conceivable.

If KC wants to have any sliver, tiny SHRED of positivity going into the offseason, they have to earn it this weekend. It's a divisional game. NOBODY nationally is giving KC any type of realistic chance. Any time those 2 things happen, people tend to get 'shocked'. Also, who are the top 2 or 3 people that know how to frustrate Peyton Manning in the NFL? Belichick is one, but Crennel is CERTAINLY another, and I'd expect him to have something special dialed up for ol' Peyton. Also, Jamaal Charles is finally getting the ball, and DEN has trouble stopping a decent running game. If KC can hold on to the ball, and maybe force DEN into a mistake or two...KC could get that little bit of solice from this season.

Now INDY:

Indy is locked into the #5 spot. However, let me ask you this; Do teams/players take happiness in simply making the playoffs? Or do they enter them with the hope and desire to win it all? It's rhetorical. That being said, in what bizarro universe does a playoff bound team roll over for another playoff bound team when they may meet in a few weeks again? People are expecting INDY to fold, and then possibly find some desire to play them hard in a few weeks after giving HOU all the confidence they need? No, that doesn't happen. Additionally, Pagano has already said he doesn't plan on resting. HOU's whole team is unproven in big games, INDY doesn't know any better, they've been outperforming expectations all season, and just keep rolling along with Luck one of the most proven 4th quarter QBs in the league this season. Again, a divisional game that will likely be closer than most are expecting.

Predictions:

DEN squeks out a win late, but KC gives them a good game, and though a loss is never a good thing, KC salvages a little something.

INDY rolls over HOU as Schaub disintigrates into a 3/4 INT game. Foster is never a factor as INDY scores 14 in the 1st.

See you in 2 weeks Pats fans!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: Why KC can beat DEN, and why Indy can beat HOU!

I think Indy can beat Houston with now problem, but KC is gonna get beat, even if they sit Pouting

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

KC has gone through the dregs already and wants to heal just a tiny bit.  At some point they want to get their respect off of the garage floor, because they want jobs if for no other reason.

Really putrid teams have a tendency of picking on really good teams sometimes.  If the Denver-KC game is close at halftime, KC will want to put up a real fight for a win. If so, the Pats' best option is to play a tough game to the end.

That said, maybe Denver will be 24 points ahead at halftime and KC won't give a hoot.  IF Houston has already won at 1:00 and IF Denver is flattening KC, if I were BB I'd pull some starters.  In addition, IF Baltimore has already won at 1:00 I would be completely tempted to order Tom Brady to throw some interceptions in order to secure the #4 seed, which would be incomparably superior to the AFC's #3 seed this year.

IF Houston loses at 1:00 then it's important for the Patriots' chances that Miami should freeze to death.  Use all three Patriots timeouts in the first half if possible, just to keep Miami's starters on the field.  Have some marginal player take a dive and stay on the ground for 2 minutes straight, just before the end of the half.  Even at the end of a timeout, line up quickly but then let the clock tick down to 2 seconds before hiking the ball, and wow will Miami's starters get cold!  The 4 pm game time temperature is 28 degrees with an average 15 mph wind out of the northwest, and by 7:00 p.m. the temperature is forecasted to hit 21 degrees in Foxboro with wind chills into the single digits, again with the wind averaging 15 mph, gusts probably to 30 mph?  Miami hasn't been north since their November 15 game in Buffalo and there's no way that they'll be ready for this Arctic disaster. 

Free touchdown snow comes with every seat purchase!  I expect the really well drifted kind that explodes in the air after you throw a chunk straight up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

ma6dragon those are well thought out, solid, lucid arguments. The only thing missing is the first string players will all be on the bench after halftime.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I don't know about KC beating anyone at this point - I agree that they would love to beat a division opponent here at the end, but I just don't see it happening. Indy could win...playing at home...coach coming back, etc.

We need the bye to get guys like Gronk, Dennard and Talib right.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sam0377. Show sam0377's posts

What we need Lucia little bit of luck which we missed in 2007 and 2011

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

DENVER 27

KC 6

INDY 27

HOU 26

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I have no doubt that Colts can beat Houston, it's going to be a very emotional game for the Colts and thier fans with Chuck coming back and the topper is this game is in Indy! 

As for the Denver game... The broncos can put all their 2nd and 3rd stringers in and beat KC. Lucky for KC it will be tied 0-0 at kickoff, after that it's going to be a blowout!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

The Texans have never won at Indy. 0-10

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Like the optimism, ma6dragon9.

That said, if we needed Denver to win against KC in order to get a bye or the #1 seed, I doubt this thread would even exist.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

As they say, "on any given Sunday . . . "

Fortunately for KC, they got rid of those Saturday games, because if the game were on Saturday, they'd have absolutely no chance . . . 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Texans have never won at Indy. 0-10

[/QUOTE]

Interesting!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

I don't think KC even shows up? A road game to end the season after all this team has been through? They are already in offseason mode. The game will be over by halftime. Indy could win but if Houston goes up 10 or more in the first QTR Indy will start resting players. Indy has to get the lead then things could get interesting.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Denver's going to win, Houston is going to be in a game. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Which game will you be watching at 1 pm tomorrow? HOU-IND or BAL-CIN?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Either way, we should be expecting 3rd seed in the Conference. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

First, KC:

Fans cheering a hurt QB, bizarrer playcalling, Crennel stepping back from thos duties, and teammate who killed his girlfriend, then himself in front of team personel, and currently an 0-5 divisional record, 2-13 overall. A miserable, horrid season for most conceivable reasons imaginable, and some not so conceivable.

If KC wants to have any sliver, tiny SHRED of positivity going into the offseason, they have to earn it this weekend. It's a divisional game. NOBODY nationally is giving KC any type of realistic chance. Any time those 2 things happen, people tend to get 'shocked'. Also, who are the top 2 or 3 people that know how to frustrate Peyton Manning in the NFL? Belichick is one, but Crennel is CERTAINLY another, and I'd expect him to have something special dialed up for ol' Peyton. Also, Jamaal Charles is finally getting the ball, and DEN has trouble stopping a decent running game. If KC can hold on to the ball, and maybe force DEN into a mistake or two...KC could get that little bit of solice from this season.

Now INDY:

Indy is locked into the #5 spot. However, let me ask you this; Do teams/players take happiness in simply making the playoffs? Or do they enter them with the hope and desire to win it all? It's rhetorical. That being said, in what bizarro universe does a playoff bound team roll over for another playoff bound team when they may meet in a few weeks again? People are expecting INDY to fold, and then possibly find some desire to play them hard in a few weeks after giving HOU all the confidence they need? No, that doesn't happen. Additionally, Pagano has already said he doesn't plan on resting. HOU's whole team is unproven in big games, INDY doesn't know any better, they've been outperforming expectations all season, and just keep rolling along with Luck one of the most proven 4th quarter QBs in the league this season. Again, a divisional game that will likely be closer than most are expecting.

Predictions:

DEN squeks out a win late, but KC gives them a good game, and though a loss is never a good thing, KC salvages a little something.

INDY rolls over HOU as Schaub disintigrates into a 3/4 INT game. Foster is never a factor as INDY scores 14 in the 1st.

See you in 2 weeks Pats fans!

[/QUOTE]

like your interior thoughts. i posted soem similar thoughts a week ago on a hread i started. i however only call winners for teams i want to win. so i'll say i think indy can do it, kc is a long shot, but they did it once before at the end of the year. indy too has the momentum over houston. kc has a chance. they have to play lights out, inspiered, win on de, keep it a low scoring game. indy will wing it with luck. i hope for an indy win. i pray for a kc win.

thanks for the thread!

peace

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Which game will you be watching at 1 pm tomorrow? HOU-IND or BAL-CIN?

[/QUOTE]

itg will be 10 am here, hou/indy

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't know about KC beating anyone at this point - I agree that they would love to beat a division opponent here at the end, but I just don't see it happening. Indy could win...playing at home...coach coming back, etc.

We need the bye to get guys like Gronk, Dennard and Talib right.  

[/QUOTE]

agreed

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

you are really scraping the bottom of the barrel here man.  KC will NOT beat Denver - no way.  Now I can see Indy winning, just because its a home game.  Throw in the fact Pagano is back that sets up a classic game. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Be surprised if KC beats Denver.  Possible but unlikely.

Indy may very well beat Houston.  All depends on what Indy's priorities are.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

While I hope Denver wins,I don't expect it.Indy will beat Houston though,despite their lucky Lettermen jackets.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to IraqSteve's comment:
    [QUOTE]

you are really scraping the bottom of the barrel here man.  KC will NOT beat Denver - no way.  Now I can see Indy winning, just because its a home game.  Throw in the fact Pagano is back that sets up a classic game. 

[/QUOTE]

Really?

Pop quiz:

Who is the ONLY team to hold DEN under 20pts this season?

KANSAS CITY with 17. 4 other teams (including the pats) held them under 30. That means 10 games scoring 30+, and only the Crennel-led Chiefs held them to nearly half that. And KC did it in Week 12, well after Manning was back in the full-swing of things.

I'm willing to bet this team (DEN) is THRILLED to be headed to the playoffs, and likely is looking a little ahead given they have a legit QB this time around, and knowing they still managed to win a playoff game last year. They're thinking SB, not Week 17. Furthermore, if KC does win, I wouldn't be shocked to see DEN then take a first round exit. Aside from 06, since when is Peyton a big time, big game player? He won his ring against one of the worst SB teams in recent history (CHI and SEA). Is AROD a postseason threat now? But he led his team to a WS one year??? Same thing applies here.

KC FOR THE WIN! But I'll take the 16ish pts they are getting.