2. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Re: why mankins is not special

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

In response to danemcmenamin's comment:

I love how Spikes injury changes in almost every comment you make, is it an ACL tear or a ligament tear... if he was playing on something that wasn't a torn ACL then the feat is not as impressive, in fact my guess is he played with a less crucial ligament tear and eventually tore the meniscus leading to "catching" of the knee and therefore IR. 

I also love your attempt at emasculating football players by simply adding ie to the end of their names...pretty childish, i'd say Mankie and Welkie don't mind though.

Please for the sake of the perception of your intelligence stop trying to build up or undermine players based on their ability to play with torn ligaments it's a hugely commendable feat! Finally Mankins news came out after the superbowl well after the season had ended so your point that they talked up Mankins' toughness at that time is nonsense. BB said Mankins is one of the toughest he's been around is he wrong for once?

Umm, an ACL is a ligament, kid. My god do I weep for the future. ACL stands for anterior cruciate.  

A huge, huge problem with the team in recent years is pitting certain players, older players, ABOVE everyone else.  Huge problem.   Our own fans do it here.

Everyone else isn't tough, sucks or isn't any good because the media doesn't tell them so.  

Brady and Mankie best show this year in the postseason.   They've been underperforming together in postseasons for years.

I knew you'd go after that, you knit picking dick head! Is every ligament in the knee an ACL? Which ligament did he tear then, is it an ACL or another ligament...you know what injury it is so go ahead you expert answer! If your evidence that he was a torn ligament is the brace he was wearing, Spikes has almost always worn a brace.

Maybe you don't get the significance of playing on a torn ACL, it's like a time bomb, you could play for years on it and stay as healthy as you are but one wrong movement and other ligaments will snap, menisus tear, the joint fills with blood etc. Now this may not have happened to Mankins but the chances are very very good and if he had to play through that on even one sunday a month it's a greater feat than Jack Youngblood i'd much rather break my leg than tear my ACL.

You're point on Mankins and Brady now has nothing to do with the original discussion and I won't be taking part in it

Maybe you should have kept your yap shut?  Don't come in here with awful reading comprehension and pretend you aren't the one instigating, when you are. How am I "nitpicking" when you are challenging what I said?

WHat a strange kid you are. Remember when you told the board you go to BC and then later admitted you lied? Why did you do that?

I said last week that the obsessive media talk about only Mankins being tough is overblown and becoming ridiculous.  

Then we learn SPikes has  been playing hurt most of the year and only in a driving rain storm does it finally give out on him.  This team has a LOT of tough players.

Like I said, Logie isn't the only one to play hurt for this team.   He doesn't own some badge of honor to play hurt.

It's old and tiresome.   The media also lets Logie get away with calling Kraft a liar publicly and acting like a dillweed back in 2010.

You're knit picking because you pretended I don't know what an ACL is but believe what you want, I did go to BC though i've never admitted to not going to it becuase i'd be lying...do i need to include a picture of my diploma to prove it? 

Who are the people singling out Mankins for his toughness, BB and Brady within the team...why do you care what fans think not everyone will always agree with you, or for that matter the media. Calm down.

Look I love Kraft he's been amazing for the Patriots but I have a feeling like most other very very rich men his behaviour in public is much different to his behaviour in private so maybe Mankins is telling the truth. I don't see  why that's so hard to believe and I don't see why you see it as soo disrespectful..the NFL is a volatile environment and Mankins is a volatile man, arguments will happen if the front office expects this to never happen they're being unrealistic

No. You said you went to BC, I pointed out there is no way someone with such horrendous writing skills would be able to get into BC, and then you admitted you were kidding.

Don't lie now.

We all saw it.  It was during the Adderall debates.  Why do people come on here admit to something and then pretend they never offered up such information?

Shizzles does this, too.  It's quite something.

As for you defending Mankins's 2010 behavior, we will not agree. His agent called him John Hannah and I almost spit my coffee out the morning I read that. His behavior was unacceptable and it stinks they caved only to have him not be a big gam performer.  

Anyway, let it go. You're not changing my opinion. I pointed out many Pats players play hurt and this crap about only Logie being tough is a joke.  

This team was MUCH better pre 2007 when there were no egos, no concern about stats all the time and when everyone was held accountable. And some of our fans changed right along with that season, too.  THey've become dumb, forget how they won SBs and apparently do not realize how ridiculous they look following what the media spoon feeds them.

All they do is take cues from whatever is written or said, and then lash out in embarassment when proven wrong here.

People will always disagree. That's not what this is about here.  It's about really dumb adults or brainwashed adults thinking that only the Pro Bowl player here is valuable.

You do realize that half the OLs in the league play hurt at some point in the season?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Dumb Thread

beyond dumb

no no you aren't THAT bad Jiri! dumb maybe but not beyond - don't be so hard on yourself my friend!

Hey troll boy nice assessment in the shuignessy thread of how teams who lose in the WC rounds are better than teams who make it to the SB. Got to hand it to you... not many people who would post their lack of knowledge for all to see. You are  either clueless or as some have said an attention w hore. 

Steelers = Best Team in AFC in 2011

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

If this guy has another bad postseason, expect this thread to be bumped.   

Don't posts get deleted when a person is banned? Wouldn't a thread started by someone who was subsequently banned also disappear? If so, I'm thinking this thread will NOT be bumped as the OP will likely get hit with the ban hammer, or more fitting for BDC, the ban marshmallow, before the playoffs conclude

Also, this thread is questioning Mankins toughness, not his play, so bumping due to his play would make no sense... but seeing how the OP makes no sense with this thread to begin with, I guess that would explain the bumpin it thought process.

Funny, I can't remember ever hearing an opposing player who had to go up against Mankins EVER make any remarks regarding his toughness, but the OP knows better than the guys who make their living in the trenches. Absolutely Pathetic

I suppose if he played on D he would be the best thing to ever hit a football field though 

Let's finish with: You can't make this stuff up! & Tears!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to hang3xc's comment:

Don't posts get deleted when a person is banned? Wouldn't a thread started by someone who was subsequently banned also disappear? If so, I'm thinking this thread will NOT be bumped as the OP will likely get hit with the ban hammer, or more fitting for BDC, the ban marshmallow, before the playoffs conclude

Also, this thread is questioning Mankins toughness, not his play, so bumping due to his play would make no sense... but seeing how the OP makes no sense with this thread to begin with, I guess that would explain the bumpin it thought process.

Funny, I can't remember ever hearing an opposing player who had to go up against Mankins EVER make any remarks regarding his toughness, but the OP knows better than the guys who make their living in the trenches. Absolutely Pathetic

I suppose if he played on D he would be the best thing to ever hit a football field though 

Let's finish with: You can't make this stuff up! & Tears!

I would think that an OL and DL couldn't play well in the NFL if he wasn't tough. Really how many pusses do you find in the trenches in the NFL?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

In response to tanbass's comment:

Hi, my name is Rusty, and I have no friends. My parents dropped me quite a bit as a baby, and ignored me through most of my childhood. Now I am so incredibly starved for any kind of attention, that I will bash one of the greatest QBs of all time, and while I'm at it, I will try and bash one of the toughest offensive lineman in the NFL. I know these are two of the best players on the Pats, but this is the only way I can get people to react to me. Thank you all for giving me the attention I come here for daily. Sincerely KOAD....."King Of All Douches"

You figured it out....That makes sense... No such thing as bad publicity right?

People hate when I am right and are jealous, apparently. Kind of an odd mental disorder. Not sure if there is a name for it yet. lol

Kinda funny, just last week I said many players play hurt, not just Logie, and low and behold we learn of Spikes playing with a ligament tear all year.  People spent post after post telling me Manky was special and the only player to play through injuries which is why he's worth 8 million per year.  Sorry, they were wrong.

I would suggest not acting like such an immature moron and you might not look so dumb all the time. 

How would you know that we hate it when you are right? You would have to be right for once before we can determine the truthfulness of that statement.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Dumb Thread

beyond dumb

no no you aren't THAT bad Jiri! dumb maybe but not beyond - don't be so hard on yourself my friend!

Hey troll boy nice assessment in the shuignessy thread of how teams who lose in the WC rounds are better than teams who make it to the SB. Got to hand it to you... not many people who would post their lack of knowledge for all to see. You are  either clueless or as some have said an attention w hore. 

Steelers = Best Team in AFC in 2011

I see you are showing off your lack of football knowledge again or perhaps just being the normal attention w hore you usually are. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to raptor64d's comment:

Wow, how do you come up with these moronic threads? It takes a "special" talent. I suggest you go tell Mankins to his face he is a wussie!

How is it "moronic" when just last week I said it was stupid and overrated to single out Manky as some superior tough guy when I said MANY players play hurt or have played through serious injuries before?

That makes no sense.

WHy I started this thread is to point out exactly why it makes no sense to pretend Logie is some kind of unique tough guy, because he isn't.

Spikes has played all year with a ligament tear.

CASE CLOSED

This whole crusade to single out the bearded Grizzly Adams LG of ours, as he commits stupid penalties, gets ejected or is generally selfish while being a crappy pass blocker, is a joke.

He's been taking the media and some fans for a ride for years.  He got paid and got worse year by year since then.

This is the troll that gets all bent when I call Nink, Dink. 

What a phony, lying douchbag

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bustify. Show Bustify's posts

Spikes played with that ligament tear all year.  That is why singling out manky for toughness makes no sense.

Discuss:

Your hate for Mankins is pathetic. One of the toughest and best O-lineman on the team, and yet all you do is hate on him. 

So does this make BB a fool for signing him to that lucrative contract? Or does this go against your "BB is the best" obsession?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

I am late in this thread, but who ever started this is totally out of touch. Didnt Mankins just a few weeks ago  ( Baltimore game?)   play left tackle ( whoa! easy and least important OL position?) and perform admirably against a pretty good DL. There was only 2 sacks  and i cant say who allowed them, but i dont remember LM being over powered.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

I don't have an issue with using nicknames for players.

nink 'dink' is the funniest thing going becuase its not totally derogatory and just funny. I don't think people mind nicknames for players if they aren't too negative.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

nink 'dink' is the funniest thing going becuase its not totally derogatory and just funny. I don't think people mind nicknames for players if they aren't too negative.

Best part joe is I've been calling him Dink since his first year here.  I'm sure if you find the game threads from 2009 you will see me calling him Dink.  Thing is our boy Rusty is very transparent in his attack agenda.  I wounded if he even realizes that most people can read him for the phony that he is.

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

Best part joe is I've been calling him Dink since his first year here.  I'm sure if you find the game threads from 2009 you will see me calling him Dink.  Thing is our boy Rusty is very transparent in his attack agenda.  I wounded if he even realizes that most people can read him for the phony that he is.

TCal I love your quick and too the point posts, especially on game day where the are often hilarious but I have to disagree with you on Nink. I think he has improved a lot the past few years. He may not be all pro but he is good. The Pats could use more like him. Plays hard even when hurt and traditionally makes clutch plays.

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:

TCal I love your quick and too the point posts, especially on game day where the are often hilarious but I have to disagree with you on Nink. I think he has improved a lot the past few years. He may not be all pro but he is good. The Pats could use more like him. Plays hard even when hurt and traditionally makes clutch plays.

dink is a great name though. i love him and his effort and he's turned into a good player but dink is too funny

•  
  • This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to mgraham's comment:

I am late in this thread, but who ever started this is totally out of touch. Didnt Mankins just a few weeks ago  ( Baltimore game?)   play left tackle ( whoa! easy and least important OL position?) and perform admirably against a pretty good DL. There was only 2 sacks  and i cant say who allowed them, but i dont remember LM being over powered.

Welcome to the very twisted and confused world of Rusty, the biggest a-s-sclown to ever prowl the sports message boards. He constantly bashes two of the top players for the Pats, but yet seems to think that he is some kind of ultimate fan.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Who cares? He played Tackle in college. Vollmer went from RT to LT and shut down Freeney as a rookie in a dome in 2009.

Mankins makes 8 million per year and has sucked against good defensive fronts, in 2007 or in 2012, or now.

When he has a consistent postseason, then he can be lauded. Until then, he's a selfish turd who commits awful penalties and is overrated.

Let's face it. No one is more qualified to judge the play of offensive linemen than Rusty. It's clear Bill Belichick and Dante Scarnecchia and the Pats' personnel people made a mistake signing Mankins.  If they read BDC all day, they would know better than to let selfish turds like Mankins and Brady make mistakes and generally walk all over them.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:

ccnsd, Dink was never a negative nick name. That's the whole point.  I've been calling him that from day 1.  Rusty tries to turn it into a negative.  That's what he does.  Sick, isn't it?

If I wanted to be negative about him,at the time, I would have called him Stink.  That also rhymes with Nink.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Who cares? He played Tackle in college. Vollmer went from RT to LT and shut down Freeney as a rookie in a dome in 2009.

Mankins makes 8 million per year and has sucked against good defensive fronts, in 2007 or in 2012, or now.

When he has a consistent postseason, then he can be lauded. Until then, he's a selfish turd who commits awful penalties and is overrated.

Let's face it. No one is more qualified to judge the play of offensive linemen than Rusty. It's clear Bill Belichick and Dante Scarnecchia and the Pats' personnel people made a mistake signing Mankins.  If they read BDC all day, they would know better than to let selfish turds like Mankins and Brady make mistakes and generally walk all over them.

Mankins is overrated and overpaid.  That's my opinion and you can't change it.

I've seen 3 Guards go in there and play well, if not 4 with Nick McDonald. Connlly, Thomas and now Kline.

It's the one re-sign mistake BB has made, IMO.

holy crap! U admit Bellichick made a mistake??!!! Somebody save this for future generations!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Mankins is overrated and overpaid.  That's my opinion and you can't change it.

I've seen 3 Guards go in there and play well, if not 4 with Nick McDonald. Connlly, Thomas and now Kline.

It's the one re-sign mistake BB has made, IMO.

holy crap! U admit Bellichick made a mistake??!!! Somebody save this for future generations!

I agree the Guards have played well BAL-BUFF games, it helps brady gets rid of the ball quickly. Your point is well taken.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Rusty, TCal calling Dink is no worse than you calling Mankins Manky or Welker, Welkie. Dink is just as derogatory as "Manky" and alot more funny. Like TCal said, if he called him stink that'd be bad but he doesn't. TCal may be negative and throw out the hard azz one liners (which are normally hilarious) he is a patriot fan and he wants to see us win just like you and me 

• Sections
    Shortcuts