Why Mesko Isn't Here

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Why Mesko Isn't Here

I didn't read anything about Mesko rejecting any deals.

You said he wasn't here because he was belligerent.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Makes sense actually, and why Allen was brought here as well.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

Yes, he was clearly asking for Colquitt money and using the Pats success as a team as leverage in FA. BB called the bluff, Allen is the new punter. Pretty obvious.

If this is the case, why did you say the problem was the he was belligerent?

Any info at all about his contract demands or is this speculation?

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

You have no info that any of this (That's now the market for Mesko and it explains why he's rejecting NE's offer all spring and summer) has happened.

It's a good guess, but still 100% a guess.

Don't present guesswork as fact.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowardphatrex. Show cowardphatrex's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

You have no info that any of this (That's now the market for Mesko and it explains why he's rejecting NE's offer all spring and summer) has happened.

Don't present like you have a brain you stalker...go back to the BRUNES board, you stalker....STALKERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowardphatrex. Show cowardphatrex's posts

In response to Bustchise's comment:

[QUOTE]

Yes, he was clearly asking for Colquitt money and using the Pats success as a team as leverage in FA. BB called the bluff, Allen is the new punter. Pretty obvious.

If this is the case, why did you say the problem was the he was belligerent?

Any info at all about his contract demands or is this speculation?

Because he was looking for Colquitt money. Logan Mankins was belligerent back in 2010, too, as the Saints foolishly overpaid Evans.

He called Kraft a liar.

Remember?  BB was forced to cave to Logie and now we get a worse Logie. BB lost leverage there. I was looking to deal Mankins for a 1st rd pick if possible. Yep.  We would have been fine and saved against the cap, but Brady wanted ol Logie to be here.

But, one dumb team overpaying well above market doesn't reset the market. The agent will claim it does, but it doesn't. These are called aberrations, a word you don't understand. 

Mesko is a classy guy, but once Colquitt got his bloated deal, it's clear that changed what Mesko was going to sign for here, and there is no way BB goes to 3 million+ for a punter.  He's not dumb. And, that''s nothing personal towards Mesko, either.

Funny. The Saints started into cap hell since and Mickey Loomis's Saints will miss the playoffs for the second year in a row.

See what happens when you overpay and you get too close to the cap in one year? It limits your leverage as a GM, which hurts the team.

lmao

EXPOSED

"Forced to cave"?

What  a loser you are.  How pathetic!  Who forced him, Queenie? TB? 

[/QUOTE]

Kerry Rhodes lover...Debble cakes scarfer...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowardphatrex. Show cowardphatrex's posts

I have no info? He wasn''t cut because he sucks, moron.

It's not guesswork at all.  Reiss suggested it, Mia76, I had brought it up a few weeks ago when you moronically claimed Allen was outperforming Mesko.

He was not. 

At best Allen was barely matching Mesko in camp. Had nothing to do with performance. Fact.

The classy Mesko was told that under the BB cap formular, we don't pay punters 3+ mil per. Thanks very much for your service, both on the field and off, and good luck with your future endeavors.

I don't need a direct quote from BB to know this is why Mesko isn't here.  Christ, are you dumb or what?

Yes...quite astoundingly stupid in fact....yeppers to that!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

I hope Ryan Allen gets better at holding the ball for field goals.  If not, Gostkowski is going to have a crappy year.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

It's not guesswork at all.  Reiss suggested it, Mia76, I had brought it up a few weeks ago when you moronically claimed Allen was outperforming Mesko.

He was not. 

At best Allen was barely matching Mesko in camp. Had nothing to do with performance. Fact.

The classy Mesko was told that under the BB cap formular, we don't pay punters 3+ mil per. Thanks very much for your service, both on the field and off, and good luck with your future endeavors.

I don't need a direct quote from BB to know this is why Mesko isn't here.  Christ, are you dumb or what?

Ummm, no, more lies. All reports said that he was crushing the ball and we saw it in preseason. Dont present lies as fact queenie. It will discredit your...oh wait

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He was not. 

Ummm, no, more lies. All reports said that he was crushing the ball and we saw it in preseason. Dont present lies as fact queenie. It will discredit your...oh wait

[/QUOTE]

Nope. Confirmed by Reiss. Was more or less a dead heat at best.

[/QUOTE]

based on what I was able to see this summer, Russ and Reiss are correct. Mesko was indeed the better punter and the more experienced in situational punting. He of course also held for FG's.

my issue is that Mesko is clearly the better P this year...why cut him now, because NEXT year you may not be able to sign him? is Allen that much better than what may be available NEXT year to down grade THIS years roster?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

my issue is that Mesko is clearly the better P this year...why cut him now, because NEXT year you may not be able to sign him? is Allen that much better than what may be available NEXT year to down grade THIS years roster?

Yeah, that's the issue I have with all of the information presented as it has been.  If Mesko was the better player, the idea of jettisoning him now to avoid an issue in the future is silly.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

He was not. 

Nope. Confirmed by Reiss. Was more or less a dead heat at best.

based on what I was able to see this summer, Russ and Reiss are correct. Mesko was indeed the better punter and the more experienced in situational punting. He of course also held for FG's.

I think Mesko was a great situational punter and I have yet to see how Allen does with that. In terms of sheer power and hitting the ball, all I heard was that Allen was better which my eyes told me as well. The thing I would mention is that Allen wasnt a 2 time guy award winner for nothing. So in short, i believe Allen is a good punter, and is a cheaper option, but you dont cut a guy like Mesko unless his replacement is comparable which it is IMO, I just didnt like the move because Mesko was great here and also was the holder. So im supposed to believe that BB the hard nosed, no frills guy is now signing guys based soley on finances so if I only wanted 5 dollars to punt , I could make the team?  I dont believe that. I Have eyes too and also went to practice so while I respect Reiss, he doesnt hold any more weight than any of us on this topic. Ive been evaluation talent for years.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from scash2013. Show scash2013's posts

They cut the wrong kicker. Why Ghost is still here is beyond me.

Sections
Shortcuts