Why NE will win the Super Bowl next year...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Re: Why NE will win the Super Bowl next year...

Funny - has been the exact same thread started last 8 years....

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

I have no confidence in Brady anymore. No lie. I don't.  This was such a huge game for him to bounce back from last year's collapse in the SB, the bad AFC title game, etc.

He just didn't get it done. It's become a pattern now. He seems to think they can just walk in and win games because they're at home and because they're a higher seed.

It's just baffling as to where his head goes in the postseason.

He hasnt had 2 good playoff games in a row since SB 39.....Division game this year was first playoff game that he did not throw an INT in 5 straight playoff games, and he started that again last Sunday...

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to jam757's comment:

In response to AZPAT's comment:

We're becoming the Cubs of the NFL....  "Wait till next year!"

I recall the same nonsense being said after last season's post season exit, especially about teh "young and LEARNED defense". Guese they forgot what they "learned" after the last game last year. So much for GED's. eh?

But, defense isn't the only problem. They need an offense that will actually perform for 60 minutes per game in the post season. Don't have one now. Too many holes with this bunch, but still good enough for an 11-5 season in 2013 (losses to: Baltimore, Saints, Atlanta, Houston, Denver, as all these teams have legit passing games). 

Like the Romans.... can hide lots of problems by just winning. 

Curious as to why you are predicting 11-5. (losses to: Baltimore, Saints, Atlanta, Houston, Denver, as all these teams have legit passing games). They proved they can't play passing defense the past two seasons. No worse than 13-3 but hopefully 14-2 and a one seed. I'm not sure why you think Houston or New Orleans will beat the Pats. Atlanta will be very winnable as well. The playoffs are a whole other ball game though. Next year will most likely be the Brady-Manning epic that we didn't see this year.

11-5 SHOULD win them a division this time around, unlike '08 when they sat out the post season. The correlation is that that they can't beat passing teams, and they will make another short playoff run, if things don't quickly turn around.

Funny how pink hatters make claims like the 7-9 Seahawks won their division by default, or the Steeers got in at 8-8 one season by default. Sorry, but winning the AFC East has come down to this too. Slam dunk 6-0 with 10 more to play.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

I recall the same nonsense being said after last season's post season exit, especially about teh "young and LEARNED defense". Guese they forgot what they "learned" after the last game last year. So much for GED's. eh?

But, defense isn't the only problem. They need an offense that will actually perform for 60 minutes per game in the post season. Don't have one now. Too many holes with this bunch, but still good enough for an 11-5 season in 2013 (losses to: Baltimore, Saints, Atlanta, Houston, Denver, as all these teams have legit passing games). 

Curious as to why you are predicting 11-5. (losses to: Baltimore, Saints, Atlanta, Houston, Denver, as all these teams have legit passing games). They proved they can't play passing defense the past two seasons. No worse than 13-3 but hopefully 14-2 and a one seed. I'm not sure why you think Houston or New Orleans will beat the Pats. Atlanta will be very winnable as well. The playoffs are a whole other ball game though. Next year will most likely be the Brady-Manning epic that we didn't see this year.

11-5 SHOULD win them a division this time around, unlike '08 when they sat out the post season. The correlation is that that they can't beat passing teams, and they will make another short playoff run, if things don't quickly turn around.

Funny how pink hatters make claims like the 7-9 Seahawks won their division by default, or the Steeers got in at 8-8 one season by default. Sorry, but winning the AFC East has come down to this too. Slam dunk 6-0 with 10 more to play.

11-5??? More like 9-7 will win it. Honestly of Bills, Jets, or Fins which of those teams do you see winning more than 8 games?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Look who they got next year, a revamped New Orleans Saints team, Atlanta, TB and Carolina. Not to mention they have to play Houston in houston and get to play the Ravens in Baltimore. Not looking that much easier. With no great pass rush and still have to go up against Gomer and the Broncos. nothing is a gimme.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

In response to ANONMD08's comment:

Look who they got next year, a revamped New Orleans Saints team, Atlanta, TB and Carolina. Not to mention they have to play Houston in houston and get to play the Ravens in Baltimore. Not looking that much easier. With no great pass rush and still have to go up against Gomer and the Broncos. nothing is a gimme.

Yeah??? except for 2 games, every other team in AFC East will play the exact same schedule..So like I said 9-7 wins division....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

This a gonna be a repeat of what happened after the debacle when we lost to Indy in 2006.

You Kraft and BB are dying inside, knowing they don't have all the pieces to the puzzle they need.

They need to look at the teams they lost too and see what they have, that the patriots don't have.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to brazilnut's comment:

In response to MoreRings' comment:

In response to wozzy's comment:

.. because they will be tougher, more battle hardened and playoff seasoned.  

Offensively the tightend unit of Gronk, Ballard, Huey and Fells if they keep him will be the most physical TE unit in the NFL.  This will allow Hernandez to stick to fullback and wide receiver where he is a mismatch for the entire NFL.  Our offense will be bigger, more physical and tougher.

Defense will need one more draft to round it out.  Another D tackle either the draft or via free agency would help greatly. If we could get a unit of Wilfork, player x, Love and Deaderick this would mean we could ply more three man fronts like the Ravens do and like we used to do, this would make us more stout upfront and allow Chandler and Francis to play end and outside linebacker at times. This would also allow Nincovich to go back to a more traditional outside linebacker position opposite Hightower, leaving Spikes and Mayo inside with a lot of room to roam with a bigger front in between them and the opposing O line.

In short we have to get bigger, tougher, meaner and hungrier to win, hopefully this season will give us ammo to finish Brady's career in the way it should finish.  We've been finesse for too long, expecting that to change in one season or two was probably unrealistic.  Next season can't come soon enough... bring on the draft.

Like it Wozzy!

We need to bring in a couple of proven veterans to complement what we have.  I don't think we can rely on the draft by itself.  We need A Proven pass rusher to go along with what we have.  Hopefully Jones will improve next year and stay healthy.  As I said on another post, if we want to win another Super Bowl before Brady is done, we need to do whatever it takes in the next two years.  We may have to go through a few down years after that but it would be worth it.  It is hard to find a franchise QB

Agreed, but these guys just aren't out in the market at least at prices we want to pay. Pass rushers don't grow on trees. 

Personally I'd spend every dime we had on defense...every resource. Let Welker walk and spend that money on the other side of the ball. We can't give 45 million dollar contracts to Hernandez, Gronk and Welker. Brady is good enough to make an average receiver look good...make him do it...twice.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

.. because they will be tougher, more battle hardened and playoff seasoned.  

Offensively the tightend unit of Gronk, Ballard, Huey and Fells if they keep him will be the most physical TE unit in the NFL.  This will allow Hernandez to stick to fullback and wide receiver where he is a mismatch for the entire NFL.  Our offense will be bigger, more physical and tougher.

Defense will need one more draft to round it out.  Another D tackle either the draft or via free agency would help greatly. If we could get a unit of Wilfork, player x, Love and Deaderick this would mean we could ply more three man fronts like the Ravens do and like we used to do, this would make us more stout upfront and allow Chandler and Francis to play end and outside linebacker at times. This would also allow Nincovich to go back to a more traditional outside linebacker position opposite Hightower, leaving Spikes and Mayo inside with a lot of room to roam with a bigger front in between them and the opposing O line.

In short we have to get bigger, tougher, meaner and hungrier to win, hopefully this season will give us ammo to finish Brady's career in the way it should finish.  We've been finesse for too long, expecting that to change in one season or two was probably unrealistic.  Next season can't come soon enough... bring on the draft.

Great story, take out all the uncertainty of who stays healthy, how the ball bounces in the playoffs  and I believe it!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bucksy. Show bucksy's posts

Don't be cheap and get a couple of veteran CB's and pass rushers. Start looking for a new franchise QB that Brady can groom in 2 years.  I think we can assume another 4 years for Brady but we need an insurance just in case of injuries.  Did I just read about Ed Reed being free agent this year and BB really likes this guy?  He's 35 yrs old.  Just a thought! 

Rodney H. stop your blabbing about Pats being done....People like you will not be honored to the Pat's HOF...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Uh, last I looked, ALL teams get those nasty "boo boo owies". Didn't seem to be a problem during the regular season when winning 12 games, did it? Beating the JESTS!, Bills, Fins, Jags, et al, the softies on their schedule, wasn't an issue. But, when facing a legitimate winning/playoff team, it's an issue. FUNNY!!!! Expecially the Gronk i injury (went 6-1 without him). Yet, playoff time rolls around and it's a excuse.  

Sorry you can't seem to handlie that concept called "reality". There's absolutely NOTHING on this roster that deems a return to the AFC Championship game next season, let alone winning it AND the SB is realistic, practical, or guarantee. So, stop playing the whiny kid in the sandbox, and we'll stop heaping sand on you. Get a bigger shovel to dig out.

Sorry but Gronk, Love, Talib didn't get hurt until the post season began, Love and Talib against the Ravens and if I remember correctly (and I do) you were the guy predicting gloom and doom before the Pat's even broke training camp.  Remember, the offensive line was in shambles, they wouldn't be able to play with anybody, the Bills were going to overtake us?!

Wrong!

We just signed the biggest defensive tackle off the Canadien championship Argonauts who was going to be the prize player from the north.  The guy had 6 sacks up there and his game and stature resembles Richard Seymour... hurry pull the panic button!!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Yeah because all they did after spygate was go on a 22 game winning streak...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to HelloItsMeAgain1's comment:

Why NE will win the Super Bowl next year...

They are going to allow bb's film crew full access?

Somebody please take out the garbage.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

I for one wish this team would speak out. I am sick of the "well we didn't earn it crap" then get out there and earn it.

Play tougher, and rougher. Tired of other teams trash talking us all week and we just sit there and take it with "well there a good team" who cares Tom nobody is respecting you for that say what you think.

We need to get a bit tougher and nastier. Need some better WRs. and Some people that can hit. and time for wes to go. He has more drops in the last two years then he ever had.

Spend some money team. Get some better players, and coaches as well. Other teams do it NE can too. Need more players like Rodney, Willie, and Tedy. Heck even Vrabel and Seymour. Man I miss those guys. We won with them. They had the nasty attitude and they always came to play.

Very disappointed in NE right now. Especially when I drive 16hrs and pay a bundle and they lose the game.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Bravo Wozzy!  Really like your optimism.  Despite the naysayers and thread crappers the Pats do have a good shot at winning it all next year.  As good as any other team and better than most.  The team has some needs to address and if that gets done then we'll see where it goes.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to ccsjl's comment:

Since SB 39 Brady HAS NOT put 2 good playoff games together as a QB...

What does "ccsjl" stand for?

"comprehension challenged stupid jets lover"?

Good one...  the babe on a roll...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

I thought it was Cape Cod SJL my 3 initials.....ready to admit you fantasy boy tommy is a mediocre playoff QB???

I cant wait to see your post about the new Patriots QB after Brady. If you are upset with this one, wow! Good luck watching Patriots football in the future.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

11-5??? More like 9-7 will win it. Honestly of Bills, Jets, or Fins which of those teams do you see winning more than 8 games?

I just looked at the scheduled teams and found the immediate 5 losses. of course, looking at this year in retrospect, there are at least 2 others that could very well fall into the L column. But, I was feeling generous.

Again, pink hatters, this is based on THIS year's underrachieving edition, and if NO BIG MOVES are made.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Sign Tony Gonzalez...  Big step in the right direction.  Why is nobody commenting on this possibility?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Uh, last I looked, ALL teams get those nasty "boo boo owies". Didn't seem to be a problem during the regular season when winning 12 games, did it? Beating the JESTS!, Bills, Fins, Jags, et al, the softies on their schedule, wasn't an issue. But, when facing a legitimate winning/playoff team, it's an issue. FUNNY!!!! Expecially the Gronk i injury (went 6-1 without him). Yet, playoff time rolls around and it's a excuse.  

Sorry you can't seem to handlie that concept called "reality". There's absolutely NOTHING on this roster that deems a return to the AFC Championship game next season, let alone winning it AND the SB is realistic, practical, or guarantee. So, stop playing the whiny kid in the sandbox, and we'll stop heaping sand on you. Get a bigger shovel to dig out.

Sorry but Gronk, Love, Talib didn't get hurt until the post season began, Love and Talib against the Ravens and if I remember correctly (and I do) you were the guy predicting gloom and doom before the Pat's even broke training camp.  Remember, the offensive line was in shambles, they wouldn't be able to play with anybody, the Bills were going to overtake us?!

Wrong!

We just signed the biggest defensive tackle off the Canadien championship Argonauts who was going to be the prize player from the north.  The guy had 6 sacks up there and his game and stature resembles Richard Seymour... hurry pull the panic button!!

Sorry, pal, but it was not ME that predicted doom and gloom before the team broke camp. In fact, I don't post on the board during pre season, and I never get involved in draft discussions. Opinions on who to draft are like arses.... everyone's got one. I trust the organization to get the player(s) they feel they need, and then I'll wait to see how they fit in. There is very little that can be taken from preseason: guys perform well, but do nothing in the real games, slow starters come on when the real games begin, and there's this little thing called "injuries". The big glaring issue that was not resolved was the defense. They set a record for 20+ plays, for God's sake! I saw that coming and I was right. (Sunday alone saw 5 20+ yard gashes!!). Want to see the definition of "losert"? Walk into a Vegas sport book on Saturdays of exhibition season, and see the angst. Come on this board and see the angst of who should be getting more playing time, who should be benched, who shoiuld be cut, who should be traded, and who shoiuld be traded for (in 99.99% lopsided trades that would have even Red Auerbach blushing, he being the King of the Lop Sided Trade).

Let me qask you abiut one DL named Carter from last year's team. He led the Pats in sacks and was key on teh line. Then he got injured. Was he back on the roster for this year? Did he even don the Pats uniform? But, it was all over the papers that they had an interest in him. People got either excited or their Depends in a bunch. Bottom line, he was not on the squad this year.

The new DL from Toronto? What has he proved so far in the NFL? Court is out on him until he straps it on adn goes out there in games. Need I remind you of other high profile Pats FA signings that have, well, never panned out very well on defense? As a reminder, there was Thomas the ultimate "We gotta sign him!" LB from the Ravens. Haynesworth, anyone?

No panic button being pushed here. Just being realistic, and not letting this bunch tear my little sensitive heart apart come next January, unless BIG changes happen in team chemistry, and attitude.       

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Yeah because all they did after spygate was go on a 22 game winning streak...

Like the Pats, you failed to complete the story: "and have won no more Super Bowls".