Why No Love For Hooman?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Why No Love For Hooman?

I know he's not Gronk but who is ?

I think Hooman is a decent back up.

http://www.patriots.com/media-center/videos/Highlight-Michael-Hoomanawanui-one-handed-TD-grab/40f8ed24-fcf8-4b39-857d-ad36f38b631a#watch

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

Re: Why No Love For Hooman?

In response to Salcon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://www.patriots.com/media-center/videos/Highlight-Michael-Hoomanawanui-one-handed-TD-grab/40f8ed24-fcf8-4b39-857d-ad36f38b631a#watch" rel="nofollow">http://www.patriots.com/media-center/videos/Highlight-Michael-Hoomanawanui-one-handed-TD-grab/40f8ed24-fcf8-4b39-857d-ad36f38b631a#watch

[/QUOTE]

I think he's underutilized and wonder why they don't sometimes use both Gronk and Hooman at the same time. Not sure if it's because Hooman usually only plays when Gronk is hurt - or if only blocking is needed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Hoomans nice and a decent backup but the drop off between him and Gronk is enormous. If Gronk wasn't injured every year and we didn't need Hooman to start at points during the season he'd be good.

Btw that 1 handed grab was his only TD in his Pats career so... maybe not the best highlight to say he's better than we think if that's his only highlight in 2 years after starting 16 games

Trust me, I'm an engineer!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

A lot of posters have been talking about TE depth.  No one is close to Gronk even hurt.  Hooman is a servicable backup.  What more can you ask for in a backup?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

[QUOTE]

A lot of posters have been talking about TE depth.  No one is close to Gronk even hurt.  Hooman is a servicable backup.  What more can you ask for in a backup?

[/QUOTE]

I thought the TE depth and offense was significantly better when they had both Gronk and AHern...

Plus, Hooman can catch....I don't know how often he's targeted.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Less a drop off. I'd like a Chandler or Myer. Heck even what Graham gave during the SB years in terms of recs (30-40 recs with 4-7 TDs) with Hoomans blocking ability (which isn't near Grahams) would be a nice in between step. Give me Hoomans blocking with 30-40 recs and 4-7 TDs a year would be what I'd like from a backup, if he's going to have to start 6-10 games a year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Less a drop off. I'd like a Chandler or Myer. Heck even what Graham gave during the SB years in terms of recs (30-40 recs with 4-7 TDs) with Hoomans blocking ability (which isn't near Grahams) would be a nice in between step. Give me Hoomans blocking with 30-40 recs and 4-7 TDs a year would be what I'd like from a backup, if he's going to have to start 6-10 games a year.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but wasn't Graham the starter and also a first-round pick?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

To me he's just your typical blocking tight end, nothing wrong with that, but it's not exactly someone you give "love" for.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I think he is below par as a blocker and below par as a receiver. And I am speaking at the second string level. I think he tries hard but he has little ability. At least to date. He was saying he was trying to make himself into an NFL TE this off season. We shall see. I have low expectations.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Yeah, but wasn't Graham the starter and also a first-round pick?

[object HTMLDivElement]

Yes but he was known as a blocking TE and not a receiving TE, hence why I said Hoomans blocking ability and not Grahams. Considering Graham wasn't a pass catching TE something along his rec totals during SB years seems about right with average to good blocking ability. If we didn't need him to start 6-10 games a year I'd be fine with a pure blocking TE but since we typically do and the O falls apart without a TE catching passes in the playoffs I'd like someone with a little more receiving ability than Hooman who has 17 recs and 1 TD over 2 years and 16 starts for the Pats. Doesn't mean I don't appreciate Hooman (I was one of the few in last year camp who thought he deserved a spot) but I also understand his short comings and receiving ability majorly hurts the team when Gronk goes down.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think he is below par as a blocker and below par as a receiver. And I am speaking at the second string level. I think he tries hard but he has little ability. At least to date. He was saying he was trying to make himself into an NFL TE this off season. We shall see. I have low expectations.

[/QUOTE]

Crumpler was a better Blocker. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I guess good or decent all-around tight ends just don't grow on trees.  

I mean, how many have been here and not made the team?  I've lost count.

Hooman is in his third season.  Someone must like him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

[QUOTE]

I guess good or decent all-around tight ends just don't grow on trees.  

I mean, how many have been here and not made the team?  I've lost count.

Hooman is in his third season.  Someone must like him.

[/QUOTE]

I'd like to see more of Gronk and Hooman playing on offense at the same time. The times Hooman has created separation and was targeted, he has caught the ball.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

http://www.patriots.com/media-center/videos/Highlight-Michael-Hoomanawanui-one-handed-TD-grab/40f8ed24-fcf8-4b39-857d-ad36f38b631a#watch" rel="nofollow">http://www.patriots.com/media-center/videos/Highlight-Michael-Hoomanawanui-one-handed-TD-grab/40f8ed24-fcf8-4b39-857d-ad36f38b631a#watch

[/QUOTE]

I agree.  He does everything solidly.  The Irrationals here will claim BB has to have a Gronk clone as the #2 TE, but some of us realize that will never happen. Overall, I like what Hooman brings.  Good hands, Brady seems to like him, solid blocker.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to OnlyDaTruth's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Umm, when you're the best blocker at TE in the league, I am fairly certain that isn't a hard thing to say.

Thanks for such vital contributions and observations. LMAO

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

http://www.patriots.com/media-center/videos/Highlight-Michael-Hoomanawanui-one-handed-TD-grab/40f8ed24-fcf8-4b39-857d-ad36f38b631a#watch" rel="nofollow">http://www.patriots.com/media-center/videos/Highlight-Michael-Hoomanawanui-one-handed-TD-grab/40f8ed24-fcf8-4b39-857d-ad36f38b631a#watch" rel="nofollow">http://www.patriots.com/media-center/videos/Highlight-Michael-Hoomanawanui-one-handed-TD-grab/40f8ed24-fcf8-4b39-857d-ad36f38b631a#watch

[/QUOTE]

I agree.  He does everything solidly.  The Irrationals here will claim BB has to have a Gronk clone as the #2 TE, but some of us realize that will never happen. Overall, I like what Hooman brings.  Good hands, Brady seems to like him, solid blocker.

[/QUOTE]

If there is someone out there who is close to Gronk is even while hurt he is starting for another team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

I liked Hooman when the Pats played the Rams in the preseason a few years back. I thought he looked solid overall. Not pro-bowl caliber but solid. Glad he's here.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

http://www.patriots.com/media-center/videos/Highlight-Michael-Hoomanawanui-one-handed-TD-grab/40f8ed24-fcf8-4b39-857d-ad36f38b631a#watch" rel="nofollow">http://www.patriots.com/media-center/videos/Highlight-Michael-Hoomanawanui-one-handed-TD-grab/40f8ed24-fcf8-4b39-857d-ad36f38b631a#watch" rel="nofollow">http://www.patriots.com/media-center/videos/Highlight-Michael-Hoomanawanui-one-handed-TD-grab/40f8ed24-fcf8-4b39-857d-ad36f38b631a#watch" rel="nofollow">http://www.patriots.com/media-center/videos/Highlight-Michael-Hoomanawanui-one-handed-TD-grab/40f8ed24-fcf8-4b39-857d-ad36f38b631a#watch" rel="nofollow">http://www.patriots.com/media-center/videos/Highlight-Michael-Hoomanawanui-one-handed-TD-grab/40f8ed24-fcf8-4b39-857d-ad36f38b631a#watch

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If there is someone out there who is close to Gronk is even while hurt he is starting for another team.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly. It's just that Gronk is so incredible, the back up (Hooman) only appears to be mediocre. It's really just how great Gronk is, not how mediocre Hooman is.  Hooman is a good, steady player.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

In response to Homecheese's comment:

I liked Hooman when the Pats played the Rams in the preseason a few years back. I thought he looked solid overall. Not pro-bowl caliber but solid. Glad he's here.

I guess the question about TE depth depends on Gronk's health.  If Gronk is not on the field, what happens to the red zone offense?  That is indeed where a TE, like AHern, or a pass catching TE would be helpful. So, you have BB experimenting w/ the likes of Develin

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

It's too bad Ballard didn't pan out.  Some folks like Idiot Boy had his nose comfortably nestled between BB's cheeks over that move.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's a huge understatement. Crumpler was a great blocker for a starter not just a backup. He was a very key player in Chris Johnson's 2000 yard season. Hooman is not even average for a backup as of last year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

It's too bad Ballard didn't pan out.  Some folks like Idiot Boy had his nose comfortably nestled between BB's cheeks over that move.

[/QUOTE]

Sounds great, Bustchise.  Me thinking it was a good idea to take a chance and stash a player on IR to see if he could bounce back, is nothing more than that.  THe fact is, GMs don't think past that upcoming year and BB is constantly turning over every rock thinking about today AND tomorrow. This is something your moron Jets could never even pretend to think about whatsoever. Congrats.

Nice try pretending I said anything other than that, Bustchise.

I also like how you use more words and phrases. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

lmao

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's a huge understatement. Crumpler was a great blocker for a starter not just a backup. He was a very key player in Chris Johnson's 2000 yard season. Hooman is not even average for a backup as of last year.

[/QUOTE]

Ignore Bustchise.  He's an absolute moron, obviously.  Even these little Pats poseur board names he creates to try to sell himself as a Pats fan are too easy to expose.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

The problem I have with Hooman is that he isn't a reliable TE when it comes to receptions. He had 19 passes thrown at him and only caught 12 last year and he played 13 games. So defenses figured out that he was in there to strictly block for a run or to protect Brady. Being one dimensional kind of gives up the element of surprise and having the defense account for him. So I disagree with the notion that we don't need a better TE backing up Gronk.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

Crumpler was not at the top of his game in 2010. He was on the downside of his career. He was brought on strictly for his blocking, not a pass catcher in 2010; which was Gronk's rookie year.  
    People forget that Law Firm had a career year that same year - mostly because of Crumpler.

And make no mistake. Idiot Boy thought Ballard was the best thing since sliced bread and BB was a genius for the move.

Idiot Boy, the fact that you continue to try to sell this "Bustchise" thing shows how desperate you are. You lie all the time. NOONE believes you.  LMAO. ANOTHER MYTH - BUSTED :)

Sections
Shortcuts