Why no moves being made?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Why no moves being made?

BB has been waiting in the weeds for a decade. We're still waiting for him to pop out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Some announcements scheduled for 5:00 pm today

we shall see

I have this gut feeling I been played. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:

Some announcements scheduled for 5:00 pm today

we shall see

I have this gut feeling I been played. 

same

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

No moves being made because of the bad GM and the cheap owner. Duh.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:

Pats do nobody any favors, this is typical.

They will wait until the last moment to officially make the cuts, even if they already know with 100% certainty that the player will be cut.

They don't put players out on the market sooner than they have to, why give other teams more time to make their plans?

Why tip their hand and let everyone know where they are headed? Agents use anything they can as leverage, Pats give as little as humanly possibly...maybe a little less.

Well they let Gregory go Right away.

Funny, he hasn't been picked up yet.  Wonder why, being part of the bestest defense in the world and all.Undecided

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Free agency doesn't start until March 11.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

not talking about that.

cuts, extensions etc.

Soapoaga? Connolly? Vince? A. Wilson?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Jonathan Kraft almost always lets the other teams go first. 

As a rule, agents far overprice their players on the first days of signing.  A few owners bite.  These particular agents and their players are overjoyed. 

Gradually the remaining agents Dutch-auction their players far downward.  At some point, certain players have fallen far below their real worth.  That's when the Patriots start to negotiate. 

Classic example:  free agent Julian Edelman last year.  His agent shopped Edelman to 31 other teams.  A month later Edelman signed with the Patriots for not much more than the minimum.  Something in the ballpark of $800,000 divided by 105 pass completions is under $8,000 a catch.  Working cheap!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

not talking about that.

cuts, extensions etc.

Soapoaga? Connolly? Vince? A. Wilson?

They have no cap issues that require them to cut anyone yet, so I wouldn't expect them to cut many guys until they have to.  Gregory was probably let go more as a courtesy to allow him to find the best deal possible in free agency, given that the Pats weren't going to keep him at his current cap cost.  They may end up re-signing him for short money if he doesn't get any good offers from other teams. 

I don't think they'd cut Vince without trying to restructure first (and renegotiation could take some time).  They may be holding on to Soap until they have a better idea what kind of depth they can find at DT.  And A. Wilson is a cheaper back-up safety than Gregory.  For the most part, it helps the team to hold on to guys as long as possible until they need to cut them to get cap space or because it becomes obvious they aren't going to keep them. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jetsbarf. Show jetsbarf's posts

Cannot see why anyone is surprised...this guy (BB) has only signed two bigtime free agents in his entire history and got burned...he's NOT going to change now...so don't set yourself up for a HUGE disappointment...he'll grab one or two small frys, maybe...if a miracle happens he'll sign a half way big name, an older vet, a tide us over guy until a draftee or young guy on the squad gets in another year under their belt...

Most of their effort will be trying to nail down their own guys and some renegotiation of current contracts...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In response to jetsbarf's comment:

Cannot see why anyone is surprised...this guy (BB) has only signed two bigtime free agents in his entire history and got burned...he's NOT going to change now...so don't set yourself up for a HUGE disappointment...he'll grab one or two small frys, maybe...if a miracle happens he'll sign a half way big name, an older vet, a tide us over guy until a draftee or young guy on the squad gets in another year under their belt...

Most of their effort will be trying to nail down their own guys and some renegotiation of current contracts...

I guess you mean Adalius Thomas. 

But there were lots of guys that worked out through free agency or trade: Vrabel, Ted Washington, Corey Dillon, Moss for several years, Welker, Seau, Colvin till his injury. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I hope that some of the IR guys are looking better like armestead    Hopefully a couple of them will do something this year. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

My guess is trying to restructure Wilfork.  He holds the key to the moves Bill can make.

But why not let A Wilson go already?  Let him get a jump on working a deal with another team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Hey, we've had the obligatory waiting in the weeds post (or two) - what more do you want?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I am actaully surprised no moves announced yesterday. My info, Reiss, thought it was fairly definite. He can't say it until it is definite, but he was fairly certain based on his info.

Seems quite sure that it is Wilson and Soap. Rumbles within the ESPN group is that there will be a surprise as well, but if it is Connolly, is that really a surprise? No one seems to think it will be Vince. Would Kelly be a surprise? (Side bar, is there anyone in the entire community of the NFL, including commissioner Roger that is more plugged in than Adam Schefter?) 

Also hearing 100% certain Edelman goes into free agency, as they are unable to reach an agreement at this juncture, but again, that is no surprise. 

Also hearing that Gregory is getting interest. Initially I was quite certain the pats would bring him back for depth at a lower cost. Now I am not so sure.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

I am actaully surprised no moves announced yesterday. My info, Reiss, thought it was fairly definite. He can't say it until it is definite, but he was fairly certain based on his info.

Seems quite sure that it is Wilson and Soap. Rumbles within the ESPN group is that there will be a surprise as well, but if it is Connolly, is that really a surprise? No one seems to think it will be Vince. Would Kelly be a surprise? (Side bar, is there anyone in the entire community of the NFL, including commissioner Roger that is more plugged in than Adam Schefter?) 

Also hearing 100% certain Edelman goes into free agency, as they are unable to reach an agreement at this juncture, but again, that is no surprise. 

Also hearing that Gregory is getting interest. Initially I was quite certain the pats would bring him back for depth at a lower cost. Now I am not so sure.

Thanks for sharing. No real surprises, any news on negotiations with Talib?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to DanishPastry's comment:

Thanks for sharing. No real surprises, any news on negotiations with Talib?

I have not heard anything about Talib and the Pats, but he will go into free agency with already very strong intest from the Skins and Saints

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Very interesting.  Thanks for posting rkarp.

I thought I read the Pats and Edelman just started talking yesterday concerning a contract, are they so far apart that the negotiations are over already?

Wilson and Soap being let go would not be a surprise, matter of fact in my mind it's just a matter of time to read they have been released.

Hope the big news is the Pats and Big Vince agree to a restructure.  Would like to see him finish his career as a Patriot, he deserves the contract he signed back in 2010, but coming of his injury with his age and weight I hope he agrees to spread that money out past this season and give the Pats some cap relief.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Here's the news you guys and gals have been waiting for ! The Patriots and Long snapper Danny Aiken's have agreed to a contract extention!!! No terms were announced. Confirmation site ESPN Boston.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I would bet the farm on Pats and VW agreeing to an extension. Just wanted it on record.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to jetsbarf's comment:

^ Truth.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Hey, we've had the obligatory waiting in the weeds post (or two) - what more do you want?

BB has been waiting in the weeds so long, he has actually become a weed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Don't hold your collective breath...nothing CAN really happen until VW is settled...everyone else you should probably consider gone especially if they already have a younger, cheaper plug in already on the roster under contract (Kelly, Soap, Wilson, Edleman, Talib, Spikes)...they will not get involved in the first wave of FA...they have always been a 2nd tier FA team...that will not change, not with a deep draft ahead...

This is what BB always does...he is nothing if not consistent.

Sections
Shortcuts